Forum › Posts by effyliu005

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

That going out with other girls though, I think Sumin did not have the intention of doing so when she just broke up with Seju (judging by how calm and collected she was trying to move on). But that changed after that incident. What that bastard did to her fueled her anger towards Seju (though it's not her doing) and pushed her to do all of that out of anger and like you said, she then realised that what she's doing cannot fulfill her empty heart.

I totally agree with you. Seju was the mysterious character before chap 27, but now it's Sumin's turn. I dont question why she keeps coming back to Seju, but I do wonder why she was able to act so calm after the break-up. Isn't that really tough and cold-blooded? I just feel like you at least have to feel sad and miss that person if there was really true love between you and your girlfriend. >" I guess Sumin didnt know why she was doing such things either. Her character drives me crazy.

Yes, maybe it is out of habit, since they have been together for so long, and developed a pretty strong bond. And maybe also because other girls she dated gave up on her easily and the one who is still there to catch her is Seju. Another thing, even if Sumin acts all cold around Seju, I think somewhere deep down she still cares for her. Whether it's love or not, but she still cares.

Yes, I have that feeling too, but the scars in her heart just wouldnt let she go any further.

I agree with you, Seju should leave Sumin, cut her from her life completely for at least sometime. For both hers and Sumin's sake. I'm just hoping that this story won't end in tragedy I mean if they take the K-drama route, usually something bad happens, like one of them dies. Anyway, I think Arc 2 will be even more interesting since that's where the drama will start xD.

Honestly, I was laughing so loud when I saw your k-drama cmt. Please dont get me wrong but I didnt expect you to say something like that, and it's so true. haha. I hope the author will not make such thing like letting Seju die but live in Sumin's heart. This wouldnt count for a happy ending whatsoever like some ppl say for other k-dramas. Anyhow, I'm giving up on Seju x Sumin. It's just that I sense bad ending for Seju if she continues this relationship. She deserves more than a cold acted Sumin. < She's damn sexy lol!> :D

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 1:49AM

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Seju wanted to help Sumin but Sumin keeps pushing her away, and not just that, she blames Seju for the death of her parents. “It’s your fault that my parents are dead” is not something easy to take especially when the one blaming you is the person dear to you, your girlfriend. Sumin’s behaviour made Seju feel insecure and afraid that Sumin was going to cut her off of her life, which explains her reaction when she saw Sumin not wearing the ring (Don’t know what that ring meant to them). It made her even more sure that Sumin was going to dump her. And then Seju made the biggest mistake in her entire life that she is still paying for until today. They broke up, Seju fell into depression, and Sumin was doing pretty well trying to move on. Everything was okay up til here. Shit started to hit the fan thanks that fucking guy, whoever he is (Seju’s dad’s right hand?). He made the situation between Sumin and Seju worse. I tried re-reading chapter 26 over and over again and the only thing Seju asked that guy to do was to leave and never come see her again. Never once did she ask him to do something to Sumin. That guy did what he did because he is probably obessed with Seju (?) and was angry at Sumin because she hurt his precious Seju (“I’m the one who gave her her name” statement shows that he has known Seju since she was born (?) ). And of course, Sumin blames Seju again for that, even when it’s not Seju’s doing. Everything bad happened to her because of Seju, maybe that’s how Sumin sees it, I’m not sure. After that horrible incident, Sumin started her revenge on Seju, she started going wild. Not after she broke up with Seju. So if there’s a person I would put the blame on for this messed up situation, It’s that mysterious guy.

I don;t know why some ppl say that Sumin and Seju didn't have love at all, but the fact showed that they were deeply in love before the cheating part. The way they cared of each other showed everything between them, and the only connection was love. Like you stated, Seju got into the cheating because of the worry that Sumin would leave her. Why would have she done that? Becasue she loves Sumin. Why on earth do you have to care about someone's behavior toward you that much if that person is nothing to you? About Sumin, it's the same thing. She didn't go out with other girls just because of revenging, but because she did love Seju so much that she couldnt stand the fact that she betrayed her. Also, she couldn't calm herself to look at Seju's cheating in a different way because she loved her so much that she just couldnt forgive Seju(of course the accident of her parent is a factor of this)-- I guess the cupid ( or our author here) just doesnt want to stand by Seju's side since every bad factors just come in at the same time.( also counts for that bastard, and I hope that he wasn't the one that slept with Seju since it's really mysterious that the author didn't reveal his face)

What I still don’t understand though is why did Sumin came back to Seju’s arms? At the hospital, she told Seju to just go and die. But sometime after her wounds healed, before she got that tattoo, she came back crawling to Seju, and was telling Seju about her recent break up?(Chapter 14 if I’m not mistaken) what made her come back? And it was shown that they were already on good terms with each other (?). but the timeline shown in chapter 27 kind of confused me, because I got the impression that Sumin only came back to Seju after she got the tattoo. But maybe the scene was not put together in order. I was also kind of wondering if Sumin would’ve still came back to Seju if that incident never happened.

I think the author somehow explained it a bit. She came back because she felt empty after taking on the revenge and having fun outside with other girls. I guess Sumin didnt chose to stay by Seju's side because she somehow still blames everything on Seju. You know that feeling when you're in bad moods and you feel angry with someone even though she hasn't done anything wrong to you. It maybe the same here except that Seju made it worse by doing an inappropriate thing at an inappropriate time. Sumin broke up to relive her anger and to not see the face she hated. She went out with other girls to show Seju that not only her can go out with others, and that she has the ability to find someone else other than just Seju. At the same time, she went out with them because she thought she would be fine even without Seju. However, things didnt go out the way she thought. No one could fulfill her heart or could replace that empty space inside her so that she came back to Seju.
From my point of view, I think Sumin keeps coming back to Seju because it's her habit, and we all know that hatbits arent' easy to change. They've been together for so long, and things in their life are tight up together. Whatever she does and whoever she's with keep reminding her of the times she was with Seju (maybe this is why the author keeps going back and forth between what Sumin's doing in the present and the past)

Anyway, at this point, I’ll pretty much settle for whoever Sumin ends up with whether it’s our precious Sungji or Seju. All I wish the author would do is to not just give Sumin a happy ending but to also save Seju from destruction. Although somehow I can see this story ending in tragedy, let’s just hope for a happy ending for all of them xD

I feel the same too. Seju should've been cleared with Sumin why she has done the cheating and waited (but not coming back to Sumin) for Sumin's reaction. Sumin did love Seju so she would understand and forgive her when time passed. However, Seju was so weak that she accepted Sumin's return as gift and a punishment. She hoped that Sumin would one day change while she's still with Sumin, but she started to realize that after the incident Sumin's love is gone. Coming back to her is now just Sumin's body and an empty flesh, but she's still hoping ( that part where she said " Sumin, sometimes it feels like you still love me"). She's been with Sumin but they still have not spitted out everything which's made a big distance between them. One keeps misunderstand and blaming, and the other one keeps hoping and begging for love and forgiveness. What I expect is for Seju to leave Sumin. Her leaving will not only makes Sumin know what she truly feels whether that Seju is still important or Sungji now can be the one in her heart, but it will also leave another chance for Seju to get over Sumin and begin a new life. It will hurt when she leaves, but time will help her heal as she may meet other people. If she keeps seeing and staying with Sumin then there is really no chance for her to move on. She would either do horrible things to herself to Sungji or even to Sumin ( you will never know what love would turn a person into), and this is where the sad ending will come into place.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 5:39AM

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Hi guys! Just wanted to pitch in my contribution to this discussion:

Firstly, I don't think Seju is an evil or bad manipulative person at all. Her whole life has been solely centred on Sumin -- and vice versa. They've been so dependent on each other, that Seju can't take not having Sumin being absent from her life. So she'll take her in any form she can. When they broke up, she got so depressed she buried herself in bed and never left the house because she doesn't have anyone but Sumin -- and even that person she loves, left her. But she has so much faith in her and Sumin, that she knows that deep in her heart that whatever they have together will never be just nothing. She waits every time for Sumin to come back to her after every girl she's been. Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love. But she also knows that Sumin is scared -- scared to fully let go with her again. So she waits forever until she will. She's asked for forgiveness and it's valid. She made a one time mistake and she apologized and tried really hard and so all she could do now is wait.

Sumin has been making things difficult for her because of her fear. Hence their messed up relationship where Seju works to make Sumin happy but Sumin can't let her back into her life again for fear of all the past hurt happening again.

It's incredibly sad to read/watch. Seju has so much faith in them that she just needs her person fully back into her life. But Sumin is trying really hard to feel better again -- and Sungji is doing a really good job at doing that.

And it sucks a whole lot that Seju has to find out that Sumin's road to recovery isn't her, but Sungji. Because for Seju, it's always been Sumin.

Everyone is just so messed up, I just can't. Nobody is the evil villain. They're just trying their hardest to be happy -- and Seju just can't let go of the idea that the love of her life... might not want to be the love of her life anymore.

It's heartbreaking.

I just hope Seju will expand her horizons some more and learn that there is more to the world than Sumin. Once she does this, and clears her head some more... but still finds herself wanting Sumin at the end. Then okay! She's in the perfect position to fight for her and bring her into her new world where she can promise to make them happier than they've ever before with all the new things she's learned.

But I'm so conflicted!! I'm not on either Seju or Sungji's side, I just want everyone to live happily ever after already

OMG! I just wanna say thank you. You said exactly what I think. I just could'nt put them in words >"

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 2:53AM

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

I'm feeling speechless. too much to say and think, but i really dont know where to start. Just that, no matter what, I stand by Seju. I change how I think about Sumin now. I also have a sense that she'll have a happy ending with Sungjj or someone else because she ,at least, never stops looking for love/ other people, which she finds Sungji. But for Seju, she only has one and only -Sumin.
P.s: Thank you @Halmoni for the translation.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 5:27PM

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Let's agree to disagree on Seju. "I would like a young beautiful innocent girl to start over also" Lol :)

Well, I hope the author will give me more reasons to "disagree" a sexy and mysterious Seju ^.^! At this point I somehow want them both lol... with Sumin haha

I meant to say we can agree to disagree on who Sumin should end up with. SejuxSuminxSungji? Omg i hope not. It would ruin the series for me! I would rather see Sumin end up choosing Seju instead of dating both. I dont see why they both want to share Sumin lol. Btw i find Sungji pretty and elegant, not beautiful and sexy like Seju. About Seju's smiles, it isnt always optimal to laugh off frustration/disappointment.

I know. I would look down on Sumin if she does that ... it's just so hard cause both are good, and I wonder which is the author's type lol... Let's just wait..

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Haha, I mean I can totally understand. A cheating is a cheating no matter what reason it is to some people, and I respect that. I mean I wouldve acted the same way if that happened to me, but sometimes it's just hard to give up on someone even they treat you badly. The interesting part here is why Seju and Sumin are still together after that incident. It;s not that they can't find other sex-mates. Maybe the next chapter will reveal why, and I hope that the author will not make the reason was because of Seju's begging Sumin to be with her.

yeah i too think the author will reveal more details of Seju & Sumin's past relationship in the next chapters. I think a dramatic event will happen before the break, in chap 27? Seju smiles at everything which gives me an uneasy feeling lol. She is so hard to read. Anyway, I hope sumin will end up with Sungji. I notice Sumin is like a different person when she's with Sungji. It's like Sungji brings out the best in her. To me, it's rare to find someone like that - not sure if it makes any sense :)

I see that also haha. It's like Seju had an impact on everything in Sumin's life as she was an important person, but Sumin just can't forget the past (cheating + accident) whenever she's with Seju. Sungji brings Sumin to a new chapter; everything is refreshed now. I would like a young beautiful innocent girl to start over also, but I like Seju's character more- mysterious and "hard to read" =]]!!..p.s: for the smile part- sometimes the one who smiles a lot is the one who was hurt the most/ I just read so many manga to know this lol..

Let's agree to disagree on Seju. "I would like a young beautiful innocent girl to start over also" Lol :)

Well, I hope the author will give me more reasons to "disagree" a sexy and mysterious Seju ^.^! At this point I somehow want them both lol... with Sumin haha

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Haha, I mean I can totally understand. A cheating is a cheating no matter what reason it is to some people, and I respect that. I mean I wouldve acted the same way if that happened to me, but sometimes it's just hard to give up on someone even they treat you badly. The interesting part here is why Seju and Sumin are still together after that incident. It;s not that they can't find other sex-mates. Maybe the next chapter will reveal why, and I hope that the author will not make the reason was because of Seju's begging Sumin to be with her.

yeah i too think the author will reveal more details of Seju & Sumin's past relationship in the next chapters. I think a dramatic event will happen before the break, in chap 27? Seju smiles at everything which gives me an uneasy feeling lol. She is so hard to read. Anyway, I hope sumin will end up with Sungji. I notice Sumin is like a different person when she's with Sungji. It's like Sungji brings out the best in her. To me, it's rare to find someone like that - not sure if it makes any sense :)

I see that also haha. It's like Seju had an impact on everything in Sumin's life as she was an important person, but Sumin just can't forget the past (cheating + accident) whenever she's with Seju. Sungji brings Sumin to a new chapter; everything is refreshed now. I would like a young beautiful innocent girl to start over also, but I like Seju's character more- mysterious and "hard to read" =]]!!..p.s: for the smile part- sometimes the one who smiles a lot is the one who was hurt the most/ I just read so many manga to know this lol..

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

I feel bad for Seju after my friend mentioned Seju was crying in the last panel. However, I dont think she is meant for Sumin. My take on Seju - she is of course attractive, smart (she probably already knew Sumin is attracted to Sungji), and very mysterious (scary way). Seju is more like a lover material, not sure if that makes any sense lol. Cant help thinking she would be unhappy if she is settled down. I think Seju will be fine without Sumin.

The crying scene is a flashback(should be after Sumin caught her cheating) We should be able to get into more details in the next two chapters on the reason why they broke up.

Author mentioned that Seju has never been with anyone but Sumin and that guy (for one night). I couldn't imagine how Seju would feel once she knows that Sumin is really serious about Sungji. She's got no one else. I feel so sad for her.

I agree! I don't know if anybody feels the same way but Sumin and Seju switched their child-side to each other. Before Sumin parent's accident, she acted like a child and I always cared of Seju's feelings. Now then it's Seju taking care of her. Seju always acts like she's playing a game and doesn't care much who Sumin is with, but I think she cares more than everybody else. aww!! Now that Sumin got Sungji but Seju really has no one else.....

I only signed up just to comment for this..lol and yes!! I feel the same way..everybody makes mistake and sadly, Seju made a big one but actually it was not entirely her fault..but it looks like most people see that Sumin is the only "victim" here..Seju deserves second chance if she truly loves her..but oh well, she has Sungji now..and my gf totally ships them..lol but for me, Seju is love..xD

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Sumin will always be there for Seju (ref ch. 20) but as family/friend. Before Sungju came along, Sumin n Seju were just friends with benefits. I dont think Sumin n Seju can ever go back as lovers unless they both still have romantic feelings toward each other. Then again, sometimes love alone isnt enough to have a happy ever after. Anyway, beside going into details of the breakups i hope the author will discuss more of Seju's character.

It was really ambiguous of Seju's character and yet it still is now, but I think I know a bit more of hers from chapter 19. I thought that she was cherished and embraced by her family but that chapter told everything about her childhood. She always has that mysterious smiles even with her brothers or with Sumin, but her eyes look completely empty to me. I think she is the one who will smile even when she hurts the most. She just doesnt easily show her real emotions and feelings. However, I believe that she truly loves Sumin otherwise she doesnt have to be by Sumin's side that long time and stand Sumin cold's reactions and angriness since Sumin parent's accident. For Sumin, I'm sure she was in love with Seju and she was more gentle with her before the accident + the cheating part. I think the ambiguous character in the story is now Sumin not Seju whether that she's still in love with Seju, which explains why she acts cold to her because of the cheating, or that she's over Seju and making her new connection with Sungjji.

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

I got the translation from Halmoni ( thanks to you). Now that I understand what was going on hahhaa, but it's kinda confusing sometimes when the author switched back and forth from the past and present. The thing is that I wonder why every time Sumin is with somebody, there is always a scene that she was with Seju in the past. Is it the author's strategy to reveal the story like that or is it really that Sumin can't give up on Seju and somewhat still thinks of her like she thinks that "they're fated" 2be 2gether?

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

I feel bad for Seju after my friend mentioned Seju was crying in the last panel. However, I dont think she is meant for Sumin. My take on Seju - she is of course attractive, smart (she probably already knew Sumin is attracted to Sungji), and very mysterious (scary way). Seju is more like a lover material, not sure if that makes any sense lol. Cant help thinking she would be unhappy if she is settled down. I think Seju will be fine without Sumin.

The crying scene is a flashback(should be after Sumin caught her cheating) We should be able to get into more details in the next two chapters on the reason why they broke up.

Author mentioned that Seju has never been with anyone but Sumin and that guy (for one night). I couldn't imagine how Seju would feel once she knows that Sumin is really serious about Sungji. She's got no one else. I feel so sad for her.

I agree! I don't know if anybody feels the same way but Sumin and Seju switched their child-side to each other. Before Sumin parent's accident, she acted like a child and I always cared of Seju's feelings. Now then it's Seju taking care of her. Seju always acts like she's playing a game and doesn't care much who Sumin is with, but I think she cares more than everybody else. aww!! Now that Sumin got Sungji but Seju really has no one else.....

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Aww! So i just bought chapter 25 and read the pictures. Though I cant understand the conversations, I still feel like Sumin and Sungji is a cute couple. But I still miss Seju. I mean it's just not fair for Seju who has been with Sumin that long. For the cheating part, I think Seju was drunk and out of her control. It's horrible for Sumin, but everybody makes mistake. I hope that Sumin won't easily give up on Seju..>" p.s: I'm losing content of so many things. Still waiting for the translation.

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Hmm im curious, is it a korean tradition when you in a relationship to keep calling your partner with honorific? Sungji keep calling Sumin "team manager". Why not call her with her name or dear name like baby,honey,etc?

1) They just started going out, so they're not super familiar with each other
2) Sumin is 10 years older than Sungji. That's a significant age gap, and age is very important in Korea. It's considered rude to call someone by their first name if you're younger than them, unless you use the appropriate honorific.
3) Sumin is also Sungji's boss. Again, social status is very important in Korea as well.
4) It's probably more comfortable for Sungji to keep addressing Sumin as "team manager"

There are terms like "dear" or "honey" in Korean, but they're usually used between lovey-dovey couples or couples who have been together for a while. Just in general, I think it's weird to start calling someone "baby" or "honey" when you start dating them.

I already posted a message on my tumblr, but I guess some people missed it. I'm taking new requests for translations again.

Hi Halmoni,
I would love to get the translation but I can't message you on tumblr since I just created it (i'm not used to tumblr also). Is there other way that you can please help me to get the translation? Thank you so much.

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Thanks for all the info. I'm so jealous with you guys. I'm still stuck in chapter 18 (waiting for the translation), although I have bought up to chapter 24. Of course, I read the pictures and tried hard to guess the content, but it didnt go that well lol

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Thanks. I found the info. just how do we know when Halmoni will accept new request?

effyliu005
joined Aug 26, 2015

Hello guys,
I tried to read all of the posts to catch up with what's going about the translation. My understanding is that the translator for some reasons will not post the English version for chapter 19 and so on on lehzin web anymore. I used the javascript method to see the translation, but it now doesn't work anymore. Can anybody please let me know what's happening and how to get the translation? doesnt it mean only those who bought the manga are able to see the chapters + the translation? Is the javascript not going to work at all for later chapters? Please help. I paid to have these chapters and to followed up with the story. It just seems so interesting lately (although I just saw the pictures).
Thanks a lot.