Forum › Posts by addicted03

addicted03
joined Sep 24, 2015

"Loving someone who cannot love you the same way in return is not weakness. It’s one of the most courageous things you’ll ever do. You are putting your armour at their feet and you are saying ‘I will not fight you in this. I have loved you and that means that I have already won." - Azra T

This quote reminds me a lot of Seju. I really love her character, she's incredibly strong and brave. But her relationship with Sumin is unhealthy and overly dependent. I understand her history and personality in that she has nobody to rely on except Sumin, and even then Sumin wishes to leave her because of their toxic relationship. It's incredibly sad. I don't necessarily see Sumin cutting off all ties with Seju immediately, I feel that it would be better for their relationship for them to take a break from each other. Sumin can learn to grow up and learn the consequences of her selfish actions and Seju can learn to open up with other people.

Honestly, I don't feel like they could ever let go of each other in their lives. They're too intertwined with each other's lives as it is, they're important and special to each other.

It's sad that Sumin was only able to acknowledge her feelings to Seju now, while she's falling for Sungji and after Nami's interference. I'm angry at her, but I feel so sad over their relationship.

I was thinking, how ironic would it be if she realises that these words she said now (that she wants to feel a love as strong for someone that if she loses them it's like dying) she was actually feeling them for Seju all along. I don't care about them ending up together, I just can't help but think how this would be fair to happen in the end. And how that would be her own punishment for how she was treating Seju all these years, and she won't be able to have her anymore.

This would be incredibly sad. But yes, I agree that something like this would be just for Sumin after the past 10 years. She's been hung up on Seju for so long, I can't think of a possible way for her to easily move on from her, even with Sungji by her side.

This sounds like she is doing it because she knows she has to, not because she completely feels like it. Doesn't it sound a bit weird? Like forcing yourself to fall in love with someone >.>

Agreed. It is weird. It's like she's trying so hard do so. This makes me think that she might still love Seju way more than she loves Sungji, she might not even realise that.

Not that she doesn't love Sungji, but seems like it's not so strong yet.
Is her relationship with Sungji so strong to make her let go of Seju forever? I'm trying to think it is, but I still have doubts, especially after the things she is revealing during those last chapters.

She do love Sungji, but yes, it doesn't seem so strong yet. She still have yet to open up herself completely to Sungji. Sumin doesn't trust Sungji yet. And I don't think she's ever going to talk about her and Seju to Sungji. It's as if Sumin wants to bury that part of her life.

I wholeheartedly agree. I feel like this whole manhwa seems to be telling the tragic love story between Sumin and Seju, and the obstacles between them. It doesn't necessarily mean that they will end up together but it doesn't mean that Sumin and Sungji will live happily ever after too. Because it looks to me that Sumin feels safe and familiar enough with Seju to let down all of her walls. Seju has seen her through her best and her worst, and she has still stayed by her side. And Sumin feels such a strong pull to Seju because of their bond, because Seju stayed despite seeing all of her flaws. Maybe that's why she acts so indifferent and cold with her a lot, in order to prevent her from falling deeper into Seju. But it's too late because she has never had the chance to really fall out of love with her in the first place.

But then again, that's just one of the many reasons for her behaviour. All I know is that it's clear they love each other deeply, but that Sumin doesn't know how to deal with her feelings for Seju properly.

addicted03
joined Sep 24, 2015

Yes! Can't wait for tomorrow's chapter.

On a side note, did anyone notice that the header/cover for WDTFS just got changed? Omg it really says a lot as to what might happen for the next arc -- it appears to me that for the next arc, we'll see a lot of Sungji and Sumin getting closer BUT Seju remains in the background, still keeping a hold of Sumin... which just makes me even more worried and anxious as to what will happen in the next few chapters! I really hope they don't end up painting Seju as the 'villian' and that everyone won't end up hurt (though I'm not holding onto any expectations either way)

addicted03
joined Sep 24, 2015

Hi guys! Just wanted to pitch in my contribution to this discussion:

Firstly, I don't think Seju is an evil or bad manipulative person at all. Her whole life has been solely centred on Sumin -- and vice versa. They've been so dependent on each other, that Seju can't take not having Sumin being absent from her life. So she'll take her in any form she can. When they broke up, she got so depressed she buried herself in bed and never left the house because she doesn't have anyone but Sumin -- and even that person she loves, left her. But she has so much faith in her and Sumin, that she knows that deep in her heart that whatever they have together will never be just nothing. She waits every time for Sumin to come back to her after every girl she's been. Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love. But she also knows that Sumin is scared -- scared to fully let go with her again. So she waits forever until she will. She's asked for forgiveness and it's valid. She made a one time mistake and she apologized and tried really hard and so all she could do now is wait.

Sumin has been making things difficult for her because of her fear. Hence their messed up relationship where Seju works to make Sumin happy but Sumin can't let her back into her life again for fear of all the past hurt happening again.

It's incredibly sad to read/watch. Seju has so much faith in them that she just needs her person fully back into her life. But Sumin is trying really hard to feel better again -- and Sungji is doing a really good job at doing that.

And it sucks a whole lot that Seju has to find out that Sumin's road to recovery isn't her, but Sungji. Because for Seju, it's always been Sumin.

Everyone is just so messed up, I just can't. Nobody is the evil villain. They're just trying their hardest to be happy -- and Seju just can't let go of the idea that the love of her life... might not want to be the love of her life anymore.

It's heartbreaking.

I just hope Seju will expand her horizons some more and learn that there is more to the world than Sumin. Once she does this, and clears her head some more... but still finds herself wanting Sumin at the end. Then okay! She's in the perfect position to fight for her and bring her into her new world where she can promise to make them happier than they've ever before with all the new things she's learned.

But I'm so conflicted!! I'm not on either Seju or Sungji's side, I just want everyone to live happily ever after already