Forum › Half Moon, Ephemeral and Eternal discussion

joined Sep 11, 2014

This is too much. I need something sweet to restore myself.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

This is too much. I need something sweet to restore myself.

Ha! I was just going to post that I need a happy rinse after that.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Woah, that was depressing. I wish it would have ended on a more positive note like learning to be alone or something about living your dreams. I mean I liked it, but I need some fluff now. T_T

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 10:05AM

joined May 30, 2015

I wanted a happy ending (;__;) especially because the girls were so cute

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

Uhhhhhhh nope nope nope nope, I caaaaan't handle this ;A; slowly distances

joined Mar 25, 2013

Good riddance. Now she has a chance to really find someone who treasures her.

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

there is a say that "don't find love, let love finds u" words said by lola nidora...it was painful...but u still have your dream...go girl!!

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 11:18AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Because of course she found a boyfriend instead of getting a new girlfriend.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was really good.

Just wanted to say that.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Is it just me, or has yuri lately been VERY angsty, full of drama and with bad endings? Sure seems that way to me...

Just wanted to say that.

Well, that wouldn't have been as dramatic, would it? Because her getting a new girlfriend wouldn't have hit as hard (at least for me...)

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 10:58AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Well, I sympathise. It must be difficult not being able to see the person you love for so long, and barely being able to contact them. Long distance is hard enough already without such a busy and public lifestyle.

She could've gone about it better, but eh.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Is it just me, or has yuri lately been VERY angsty, full of drama and with bad endings? Sure seems that way to me...

Just wanted to say that.

Well, that wouldn't have been as dramatic, would it? Because her getting a new girlfriend wouldn't have hit as hard (at least for me...)

I mean, having her cheat with a guy is adding insult to injury, but I honestly don't think having her cheat w a girl would be, like, particularly less hurtful...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It always was like that. Rather we were lucky to get some nice, fluffy and with good endings recently.

Just wanted to say that.

Sure new bf strikes harder than new gf, but mostly because with new gf, it would be just "i wasn't good enough for her?" with new bf, you got also entire "was she serious about me? did she even love me? maybe she wasn't lesbian after all" stuff, that adds way more to the news. I honestly think you think that way only because of those unconscious (or conscious) implications that we learned to add when hearing that one of girls broke the relationship because of the bf. It just has inherently more drama and I don't think that is a good thing, because it as well always make us naturally think of the other girl as a bad person, whatever her choice was justified or not.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 11:12AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The "I got a boyfriend" doesn't hit harder for me because of how seriously played out it is. Lazy writing after all that setup.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Haha... forced drama is forced drama. She will eventually find a new love. It's not like she's ugly.

See Aoi hana, Chizu x Fumi.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 11:36AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am kind of surprised that her peers were all like "that's so cool" when she came out.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Already predicted what's gonna happen(angst tag lol) and still read it..plus, I'm still not over with wdtfs..I must be a massochist..xD

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 11:39AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Sure new bf strikes harder than new gf, but mostly because with new gf, it would be just "i wasn't good enough for her?" with new bf, you got also entire "was she serious about me? did she even love me? maybe she wasn't lesbian after all" stuff, that adds way more to the news. I honestly think you think that way only because of those unconscious (or conscious) implications that we learned to add when hearing that one of girls broke the relationship because of the bf. It just has inherently more drama and I don't think that is a good thing, because it as well always make us naturally think of the other girl as a bad person, whatever her choice was justified or not.

I think the case was that she indeed wasn't serious about her. The author went out of his way to mention that it was an all-girls school, when you know that Japanese people think that it's fine when girls go through that 'phase' in their school years.

Granted we don't know how their relationship has been, I don't recall whether or not it was mentioned they've had sex or not, could've been just that the other girl just went it our girl because they were separated and if you want to take it a step further, the other girl encouraged the 'idol' to take on the work as if finding herself an excuse later on to break-up with her.

Then again, I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it (: So disregard this babble.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think the case was that she indeed wasn't serious about her. The author went out of his way to mention that it was an all-girls school, when you know that Japanese people think that it's fine when girls go through that 'phase' in their school years.

I'm not sure. Yes, Sachiko used it to dismiss their relationship on purpose, when she was actually all heart-broken about the break up, but I think Mizuki was in fact serious. Unlike most stories where long-distant girlfriend is just hand-waved and turns out to be just playing at love, Mizuki was both shown keeping contact and supporting Sachiko. And I can totally understand why she would feel lonely as she says in her confession. If she announced she found new gf, there would be no doubt she indeed loved her but just couldn't take it anymore (no matter how badly she handled it) just like in other manga with similar theme. But saying she get a bf automatically makes us think, that she didn't take this relationship seriously from the start.

Granted we don't know how their relationship has been, I don't recall whether or not it was mentioned they've had sex or not

Sachika was asked if she have experience and she only said she dated 1 person so far and since she moved they don't see each other anymore. Her reaction was pretty typical for a virgin as well. So I guess she moved just after graduation and probably didn't do anything since they didn't date long enough yet or she didn't feel the need to do it. They even encourage her to try things out and not be bond, but she deny it since she loves Sachiko, so my guess is she didn't have sex.

could've been just that the other girl just went it our girl because they were separated and if you want to take it a step further, the other girl encouraged the 'idol' to take on the work as if finding herself an excuse later on to break-up with her.

That sounds little far-fetch. Why would she bother still pretending to be in relationship if she didn't want it? If anything after having some fun she could easily just break up before Sachiko even moved out. Especially the fact she feels need to say she got someone new and explains herself, suggest she took this relationship at least somewhat seriously.

Then again, I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it (: So disregard this babble.

Neva! No over-analyzing that can lead to good discussion will be overlooked 8D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sachika was asked if she have experience and she only said she dated 1 person so far and since she moved they don't see each other anymore. Her reaction was pretty typical for a virgin as well.

It's also typical for someone in the closet who doesn't want to talk about their relationship, lest someone figure out they're gay.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Wtf! I'm just seeing that girl get hurt?

Ok..i regret reading this

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sachika was asked if she have experience and she only said she dated 1 person so far and since she moved they don't see each other anymore. Her reaction was pretty typical for a virgin as well.

It's also typical for someone in the closet who doesn't want to talk about their relationship, lest someone figure out they're gay.

Honestly I don't think her reaction can be taken as any solid evidence since, she could react that way exactly because she already had sex as well. I just didn't want to ignore it, but had to interpret it somehow.

joined Mar 25, 2013

long text.. But saying she get a bf automatically makes us think, that she didn't take this relationship seriously from the start.

We saw her support her once, and I meant it for Mizuki not for Sachiko (or whoever is the main girl). It was obvious that she shut down her emotions and tried to rationalize it. That's what people do generally.

They even encourage her to try things out and not be bond, but she deny it since she loves Sachiko, so my guess is she didn't have sex.

That was my guess as well, but there are people who are just shy. So it can be either or. For the purposes of my 'theory' though she's a virgin ;)

That sounds little far-fetch. Why would she bother still pretending to be in relationship if she didn't want it? If anything after having some fun she could easily just break up before Sachiko even moved out. Especially the fact she feels need to say she got someone new and explains herself, suggest she took this relationship at least somewhat seriously.

She wanted to have an excuse instead of 'I found a guy who bangs me all day since we are in different towns, and I just went along with you'. I mean, wouldn't you want to be thought of as good? I doubt she'd ask around if her girlfriend cheated on her after they break up. Also liars tend to explain their reasoning more than usual.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

We saw her support her once, and I meant it for Mizuki not for Sachiko (or whoever is the main girl). It was obvious that she shut down her emotions and tried to rationalize it. That's what people do generally.

I'm not sure we are on the same page anymore xD. Sachiko=MC and Mizuki=GF. Well I think MC is clearly in love with her GF. I thought at least that was clear.

That was my guess as well, but there are people who are just shy. So it can be either or. For the purposes of my 'theory' though she's a virgin ;)

Well usually in this kind of scenario they are a virgin, but honestly it could be either way.

She wanted to have an excuse instead of 'I found a guy who bangs me all day since we are in different towns, and I just went along with you'. I mean, wouldn't you want to be thought of as good? I doubt she'd ask around if her girlfriend cheated on her after they break up. Also liars tend to explain their reasoning more than usual.

Honestly I had hard time understanding your last argument. What I got, was that you thought when MC wanted to become closer, GF encourage her to become idol, move away and then found a guy so she has a reason to break up which sounded really roundabout.

Well you do have a point. I'm not sure. I still think GF could be genuinely in love with MC. If she isn't, we got next example, why GF breaking for a BF is always because she didn't love MC to begin with xD

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 1:34PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This one wasn't forced drama opposite this was so normal. I think this doesn't deserve this much thinking. Ending was clear from start everyone excepted that. I just ...c'mon you have 27 pages but only thing you do is 'Oh the moon is half sob'.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 2:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.