Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I want chapter 25 ;.; I want it now!!!! NOW!!!! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

joined Aug 19, 2015

Chapter 25 will be out next week. This is a torture, waiting for another week. Anyway, im pretty sure when chapter 25 is out , my mind will gonna blow up.

11887854_1628428937439063_3829183268616901819_n
joined Aug 17, 2015

Hmm im curious, is it a korean tradition when you in a relationship to keep calling your partner with honorific? Sungji keep calling Sumin "team manager". Why not call her with her name or dear name like baby,honey,etc?

1) They just started going out, so they're not super familiar with each other
2) Sumin is 10 years older than Sungji. That's a significant age gap, and age is very important in Korea. It's considered rude to call someone by their first name if you're younger than them, unless you use the appropriate honorific.
3) Sumin is also Sungji's boss. Again, social status is very important in Korea as well.
4) It's probably more comfortable for Sungji to keep addressing Sumin as "team manager"

There are terms like "dear" or "honey" in Korean, but they're usually used between lovey-dovey couples or couples who have been together for a while. Just in general, I think it's weird to start calling someone "baby" or "honey" when you start dating them.

I already posted a message on my tumblr, but I guess some people missed it. I'm taking new requests for translations again.

Hi Halmoni, I've sent you the unlocked chapters through mail but haven't had a response if you received it yet. >.<

1235007_738839982828953_4916521183661080120_n
joined Dec 4, 2014

Hmm im curious, is it a korean tradition when you in a relationship to keep calling your partner with honorific? Sungji keep calling Sumin "team manager". Why not call her with her name or dear name like baby,honey,etc?

2) Sumin is 10 years older than Sungji. That's a significant age gap, and age is very important in Korea. It's considered rude to call someone by their first name if you're younger than them, unless you use the appropriate honorific.
3) Sumin is also Sungji's boss. Again, social status is very important in Korea as well.
4) It's probably more comfortable for Sungji to keep addressing Sumin as "team manager"

There are terms like "dear" or "honey" in Korean, but they're usually used between lovey-dovey couples or couples who have been together for a while. Just in general, I think it's weird to start calling someone "baby" or "honey" when you start dating them.

I already posted a message on my tumblr, but I guess some people missed it. I'm taking new requests for translations again.

Hi Halmoni, I've sent you the unlocked chapters through mail but haven't had a response if you received it yet. >.<

try the fan mail :p

11887854_1628428937439063_3829183268616901819_n
joined Aug 17, 2015

try the fan mail :p

I did, though. :I

Untitled
joined Jul 6, 2015

Finally some insight into the cheating incident. I wonder what Seju said...

This chapter was adorable, hot and dramatic at the same time. I love it.

EDIT: According to google translate she said '...Sumin-ah' or something

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 9:18AM

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

Awww the new chapter (25th) was adorable! Some parts made of it my heart race @_@ And yup! Finally some little new pieces from the past!

AcuraNSX*

EDIT: According to google translate she said '...Sumin-ah' or something

Poor Seju :// but it's her own damn fault because of everything and yet I still can't help but feel bad/sorry for her +_+ SuminxSungji was super cute in this chapter, I love it! Now where is Seju? It's Sumin's b-day after all >.<

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 9:40AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Aww those two lovebirds. That last panel though ;~;

joined Jul 11, 2015

I don't why i miss Seju so much. Hope she is gonna come in next chapter ;)

joined Aug 19, 2015

OMG Isnt only me here who is impatient for Sunmi and Sungji to have sex? Lmao.

Moe2007_sachiko
joined Sep 2, 2015

great chapter a lot of conversation!! wonder what they were talking 'bout, Sumin and Sungji adorable couple! I just read this...."The author replied on twitter that the first arc of WDTFS will end at Chap 27. They will then be taking a break for 1 month before continuing."

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

great chapter a lot of conversation!! wonder what they were talking 'bout, Sumin and Sungji adorable couple! I just read this...."The author replied on twitter that the first arc of WDTFS will end at Chap 27. They will then be taking a break for 1 month before continuing."

OMG! No!!! 1 month without WDFS..that sure gonna suck. I really hope Gaji take a rest and will come up with some great ideas. It really is tough on fans when the author takes a break though +_+
P.S Thanks for letting us know!

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 3:10PM

joined Jul 25, 2015

Can't complain about the SungjixSumin time over the last few chapters. I'm hoping in the next chapter we get to find out the background to the Sumin's tattoo.

At least FF is still going on. If both were to go on hiatus I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

kikio - on a side note, Sachiko-sama in gakuran is pure love!

joined Aug 26, 2015

Aww! So i just bought chapter 25 and read the pictures. Though I cant understand the conversations, I still feel like Sumin and Sungji is a cute couple. But I still miss Seju. I mean it's just not fair for Seju who has been with Sumin that long. For the cheating part, I think Seju was drunk and out of her control. It's horrible for Sumin, but everybody makes mistake. I hope that Sumin won't easily give up on Seju..>" p.s: I'm losing content of so many things. Still waiting for the translation.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I feel bad for Seju after my friend mentioned Seju was crying in the last panel. However, I dont think she is meant for Sumin. My take on Seju - she is of course attractive, smart (she probably already knew Sumin is attracted to Sungji), and very mysterious (scary way). Seju is more like a lover material, not sure if that makes any sense lol. Cant help thinking she would be unhappy if she is settled down. I think Seju will be fine without Sumin.

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 7:48PM

joined Jun 18, 2015

I feel bad for Seju after my friend mentioned Seju was crying in the last panel. However, I dont think she is meant for Sumin. My take on Seju - she is of course attractive, smart (she probably already knew Sumin is attracted to Sungji), and very mysterious (scary way). Seju is more like a lover material, not sure if that makes any sense lol. Cant help thinking she would be unhappy if she is settled down. I think Seju will be fine without Sumin.

The crying scene is a flashback(should be after Sumin caught her cheating) We should be able to get into more details in the next two chapters on the reason why they broke up.

Author mentioned that Seju has never been with anyone but Sumin and that guy (for one night). I couldn't imagine how Seju would feel once she knows that Sumin is really serious about Sungji. She's got no one else. I feel so sad for her.

joined Aug 26, 2015

The crying scene is a flashback(should be after Sumin caught her cheating) We should be able to get into more details in the next two chapters on the reason why they broke up.

Author mentioned that Seju has never been with anyone but Sumin and that guy (for one night). I couldn't imagine how Seju would feel once she knows that Sumin is really serious about Sungji. She's got no one else. I feel so sad for her.

I agree! I don't know if anybody feels the same way but Sumin and Seju switched their child-side to each other. Before Sumin parent's accident, she acted like a child and I always cared of Seju's feelings. Now then it's Seju taking care of her. Seju always acts like she's playing a game and doesn't care much who Sumin is with, but I think she cares more than everybody else. aww!! Now that Sumin got Sungji but Seju really has no one else.....

joined Aug 18, 2015

Sumin will always be there for Seju (ref ch. 20) but as family/friend. Before Sungju came along, Sumin n Seju were just friends with benefits. I dont think Sumin n Seju can ever go back as lovers unless they both still have romantic feelings toward each other. Then again, sometimes love alone isnt enough to have a happy ever after. Anyway, beside going into details of the breakups i hope the author will discuss more of Seju's character.

last edited at Sep 10, 2015 10:30AM

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I agree! I don't know if anybody feels the same way but Sumin and Seju switched their child-side to each other. Before Sumin parent's accident, she acted like a child and I always cared of Seju's feelings. Now then it's Seju taking care of her. Seju always acts like she's playing a game and doesn't care much who Sumin is with, but I think she cares more than everybody else. aww!! Now that Sumin got Sungji but Seju really has no one else.....

I only signed up just to comment for this..lol and yes!! I feel the same way..everybody makes mistake and sadly, Seju made a big one but actually it was not entirely her fault..but it looks like most people see that Sumin is the only "victim" here..Seju deserves second chance if she truly loves her..but oh well, she has Sungji now..and my gf totally ships them..lol but for me, Seju is love..xD

last edited at Sep 10, 2015 12:44PM

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Halmoni's last line on the translation LOLOL.

We only have 2 more chapters until the one month hiatus right? :(

Moe2007_sachiko
joined Sep 2, 2015

Chapter 25 Summary:

Sungji and Sumin discuss what to do for Sumin's birthday
Sumin suggests they go eat, so that Sungji doesn't go home late
Sungji convinces Sumin to just do it at her place
Both agree eating at Sumin's place because Sungji's being a qt
Glasses bitch is nosey and thinks atmosphere is weird

Sungji bakes a cake for her bae
Sungji convinces Sumin to blow out candles
They discuss their age difference, qt Sungji says they're one candle apart (Sumin's 34 and she's 24)
Cute as fuck whipped cream fight

Sungji and Sumin take a shower
Sungji's wearing Director Nam's clothes, pointing out that they're too big
Sungji asks if they're close since she sometimes sleeps over, and they seem to hang out alot
Sumin says they're not and just hang out sometimes
Then asks if Seju sleeps over sometimes too since Nam said they were close from High School (kek)
Sumin says sometimes (sure)

Things get hot and steamy
Sungji gasps while Sumin slides her hand up her shirt
They stop, Sungji starts tearing up because she thinks she is too inexperienced for Sumin
Sumin says she rushed into it then suggests they should take it slow

The night hoe-Seju got caught cheating
Is crying or distraught and says Sumin's name

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

Did you guys started to translate WDFS on Lezhin again? I see that my overtoon is working on chapter 19.
Hahaha that summary.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Torija

Did you guys started to translate WDFS on Lezhin again? I see that my overtoon is working on chapter 19.

Yes, we did. Kinda low key though since I don't want it to spread to /u/ like last time and I know those people are lurking here.

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

kyra

Yes, we did. Kinda low key though since I don't want it to spread to /u/ like last time and I know those people are lurking here.

Shoot! I had to keep it shut then, but that's a really happy news though, thank you :) Delete my message if it's necessary that those /u/ fools won't find out.
p.s (Thank you Halmoni!!! <3 #WDFSch25)

joined Aug 10, 2015

I would also be careful about tumblr too. There are some folks who post images from the latest chapters and a couple of weeks back I also found where someone had all of the translated chapters on imugr.

last edited at Sep 11, 2015 6:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.