Forum › Cocytus discussion

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was...the end? Oh. Okay.

I'll assume a happy ending based on the expression on MC's face. She seems so happy she's driven to tears, but MC is just not aware of it because of the crippling social expectations that Yoshida supplies. She clearly feels bad about what she did to Kuroneko. The fact she decided to go all the way with her after thinking about her social life, and the way she acted with the scene with the cat suggests to me that she want to face forward in the direction if Kuroneko.

Of course with an ending like that it can have a litany of 'continuations', ranging from MC disowning her precious school life's actions and embracing Kuroneko completely, to the exact opposite. I just feel based on our evidence it'd be more like the former.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

..That's it?

But...

Ok... so they...ended up..together? apparently?
-sighs-

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Blonde MC is in need of some slaps, maybe she'll grow a spine then. Talk about being an unlikeable character. Poor love interest.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Blonde MC is in need of some slaps, maybe she'll grow a spine then. Talk about being an unlikeable character. Poor love interest.

Rather than unlikeable, I'd say that she's... realistic? Being the odd one out is really rough when you're a kid. Not everybody is built to be a Kuroneko.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Perhaps she realises that she now holds two things dear to her, Kuroneko and social acceptance, and regardless of what her final choice is, she realises that she must part with one and that is just terrifying to her

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Rather than unlikeable, I'd say that she's... realistic? Being the odd one out is really rough when you're a kid. Not everybody is built to be a Kuroneko.

I agree, you will never be around a more judgmental group of people than those you meet in high school or equivalent. To be cast out by your peers because you don't fit in can be awful, and not everyone has the courage to stand out for fear of being disowned. I feel that she is rather relatable in her situation, trying to fit in by being something shes not, and being scared to go after what she rally wants.

1111111111111111111111aaaaaaaaaaa
joined Apr 4, 2014

I'm going to imagine they go to school the next day and she tells them not to bully her girlfriend.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

How does being realistic make her any more likeable? Kids like that exist in real life, yeah, and I'd also call them spineless cowards. Cause that's what they are.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

Interesting story, though.

joined Jun 12, 2015

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I'm sad that it has such an abrupt ending but I'm glad to know in the end Shiina and Kuroneko do love each other

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hold up. That was it??? Who ends it like that and with two chapters? This is a joke ain't it.? -_-

joined Sep 21, 2014

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

Fuck... she wants to cry because she can't say the same to Kuroneko ;-;
Like when she asked if they could "go all the way", without even admitting she liked her.
Words-wise, Shiina said nothing, but her actions tell a different story, which she doesn`t seem like she would admit/confess anytime soon.
"Why did you kiss me"
"I don't know"
Even when she did figure it out, she doesn't have the guts to tell her or own up to those feelings

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That ending.

Dafuq is this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That ending is just stupid.

Hope NTR isn't going that way.

joined Apr 27, 2014

NTR being ..? I'm bad with shortened names and I am nosy

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

That was actually pretty amazing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Netsuzou Trap, subtitled NTR.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Fuck... she wants to cry because she can't say the same to Kuroneko ;-;

Yet. It is obvious she will overcome the social stigma in time. After all, she is not in some internet forum but in the 'real world'. It isn't easy to do something that will make you an outcast at your school, even if it is the right thing to do.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I actually really liked this... I didn't think the ending was dumb at all. Wish there was still more chapters but it leaves it open for their future. I am kind of curious what that story would of been like with Yoshida.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 3:09PM

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

.........Please tell me that the "fin" on the last page was just to say the chapter ended not that the series ended! I really like this series :/ I was hoping for more development, like maybe Shiina gets a backbone for once and stands up for herself as well as Kuroneko. The confession at the end was so cute D; my heart skipped a beat.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Netsuzou Trap, subtitled NTR.

Ahhh,thanks

joined Sep 21, 2014

.........Please tell me that the "fin" on the last page was just to say the chapter ended not that the series ended! I really like this series :/ I was hoping for more development, like maybe Shiina gets a backbone for once and stands up for herself as well as Kuroneko. The confession at the end was so cute D; my heart skipped a beat.

Fin means End. The story is completed, sadly ;-;
Would have liked to see Shiina grow

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Fin means End. The story is completed, sadly ;-;
Would have liked to see Shiina grow

Except that Fin is often used in manga to mean the end of a chapter, which we've already seen in a few series. It might mean End here, but you can't really count on that.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Kuroneko's character was my favourite. The way she stood against everyone, without even holding grudge or becoming agressive really inspired me.
My favourite part was when she heard Shiina say they were not friends. In any other manga, Kuroneko would just have left in tears and then take her distance from Shiina. But instead Kuroneko told everyone she kissed her. Kuroneko really is a wonderful human being.
Shiina was a realistic character, although she doesn't have a strong will like Kuroneko, she tries her best to be honest and I really liked the fact Shiina took the initiative of the first kiss.

Perfect series for me. I don't mind it ending up so quickly, the message of the author was properly conveyed. Who really cares if the two have to struggle in the future, or even worse, if Shiina fails in the end to overcome the difficulties and parts ways with Kuroneko? Both of them already learned a lot from this experience.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 4:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.