Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

"You have no idea how nervous I am right now"
"I don't see why you should be nervous"
Cus she be meeting your parents, foo'

last edited at Aug 13, 2015 5:40PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

As for the rest of this discussion, it makes me sad that people are exerting this much effort trying to categorize and psychoanalyze the main character based on very little evidence. Leaving aside the problem of deciding a character is incapable of romance or sexual attraction simply because she doesn't obviously display the signals of it (yet), this is a yuri manga, and the ultimate result seems eminently predictable.

I think they can believe MC is ace/aro if they want to identify with the protagonist; I'm not one to deny anybody headcanons, as long as it makes sense, and it certainly makes sense to interpret it that way. However! I also don't think anybody really has the right to be surprised/upset/betrayed/whatever if that headcanon doesn't turn out to be true.

I feel like this is just a subversion of "love at first sight" rather than anything deeper - one character not feeling enamoured with another upon meeting them and being confessed to, and those feelings having to grow naturally instead of just appearing suddenly when the plot demands it.

tbh I'm kind of a little surprised at the assumptions going on in the thread? Just because a character doesn't immediately feel sexually attracted to another doesn't mean they're ace/aro and incapable of it; it just means that those feelings might not develop. Non-ace/aro people can't just summon up feelings of love or lust on a whim.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Slight angst at the father who doesn't approve of his daughter dating a girl
(oops seems like you're in a yuri manga, sir)
Bit of relief at the older sister joking and being chill about the idea of it

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Hope this isn't gonna get dropped, it really stands out compared to other yuri stories. And I love the art.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hope this isn't gonna get dropped, it really stands out compared to other yuri stories. And I love the art.

They were doing life translation twice. I really doubt it will be dropped at it seems immensely popular.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

hop on to see the discussion and run into kashimashi spoilers :(

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Now thinking about it I feel like I might've read this before. If not then idk why it seems so familiar.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Don't worry. They didn't spoil anything. From either anime or manga.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Have to say, till the latest chapter (4), I've been on the fence with this one, but I like the turn it's taken. Nanami-senpai seems a little pushy for someone who's supposedly never been interested in someone before, but Koito-san has this wonderfully hopeful aura of, "I've no idea what it feels like to be in love, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing it someday." Though, admittedly, if she's hoping her senpai elicits those feelings in her, then she's probably already in love without realizing it.

last edited at Aug 13, 2015 7:33PM

joined Aug 6, 2015

Poor Saeki, I want her to end up with Nanami, at least she has true feelings for her, not to mention she is her childhood friend. I feel like she's been left out...

I personally hope she's straight so we don't get some stereotypical triangle BS to go along with the stereotypical childhood friend trope.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but there are just way too many yuri series that have one or both of those tropes.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

It seems to be really forced on both sides. If they are not interested in dating, then they shouldn't be interested in dating at least for a while before realizing they have feelings for each other. I mean if their opinions slowly changed in few chapters, that's OK, but well it took half a chapter actually. :D Nevermind, it's yuri, so I'll keep reading.

last edited at Aug 13, 2015 7:49PM

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

Nanami-senpai seems a little pushy for someone who's supposedly never been interested in someone before,

I imagine she's pushy precisely because of that and doesn't really know how to act and can't contain herself.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nanami-senpai seems a little pushy for someone who's supposedly never been interested in someone before

I think it is exactly because she was never in love before so now she is all excited and wants to experience as much as possible as fast as she can. Let's be honest, if you didn't feel anything for anyone your entire life and then one day you suddenly felt incredibly interested in someone, you would be hyped and wanted to keep this feeling going as long as possible as well.

Koito-san has this wonderfully hopeful aura of, "I've no idea what it feels like to be in love, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing it someday."

It is why this manga is so great <3

Though, admittedly, if she's hoping her senpai elicits those feelings in her, then she's probably already in love without realizing it.

I'm not sure. As you said earlier, she hopes to experience those feelings, so she hopes senpai will somehow manage to lit the fire in her heart and let her.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

the stuff about Yasuna's condition and Tomari's treason seem pretty spoilerly to me. ive been avoiding everything kashimashi since i want to buy the vocal collection and hopefully get the first omnibus volume at a reasonable price. time to forget the names before i find all that >_>

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

the stuff about Yasuna's condition and Tomari's treason seem pretty spoilerly to me. ive been avoiding everything kashimashi since i want to buy the vocal collection and hopefully get the first omnibus volume at a reasonable price. time to forget the names before i find all that >_>

Yasuna's condition is mentioned from beginning. In anime in first episode we see it clearly from her perspective. I don't remember how it was shown in manga, but it was pretty fast too I think. She was even blunter about it here.

Ok I got no idea how I missed that 1 sentence about treason. Ok treason alone doesn't give you much, but the rest is really a spoiler. It isn't really that bad of the spoiler though, as it isn't giving away that much and especially since manga and anime differ a lot, but I can understand why someone wouldn't want spoilers at all (I'm one of those people, I hate spoilers).

You should still be able enjoy it so don't worry <3

(But yea, Nya-chan should edit her post)

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

AT least we know the sister will definitely supportive.

Btw, non-related, but that star thingy. It costs a tons. Like $200 for a decent low-end one. And the one that the manga modeled after , I think that one (if I'm not wrong, one of the luxurious Japanese-made one), possibly cost $2000-4000

So it's possible that Yuu is marrying into money here.... ^^

last edited at Aug 13, 2015 9:10PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I like Yuu more each new chapter... I can really relate to her character.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Btw, non-related, but that star thingy. It costs a tons. Like $200 for a decent low-end one. And the one that the manga modeled after , I think that one (if I'm not wrong, one of the luxurious Japanese-made one), possibly cost $2000-4000

Friend, you've been robbed. You can find decent low end ones for less than $25 USD (especially if they're not actually accurate sky globes).

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

this manga is really cute and the mc is very interesting.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

The sister is super cute, whoa. Praying that the every character in a yuri/yaoi manga is gay trope at least for her, lol (this is all jokingly said, don't take it seriously).

"If you continue to love him, he will eventually share the same feelings as you."
If only that were true in real life.

On the other hand, this manga is getting better; Yuu is a very good protagonist.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Friend, you've been robbed. You can find decent low end ones for less than $25 USD (especially if they're not actually accurate sky globes).

I think the key is the light dot representing stars. Like, if you use normal light, you won't be able to make those light dots (the dispersion will be too much, and it will just shine your whole room up).

So the only method seemed to be laser light, and as mentioned those things cost a tons. not to mention, not really lasting =/

(My sister got a cheap one and it looks horrible, so i was spending a night searching to buy a proper one for her. That's why know a bit about it)

last edited at Aug 13, 2015 9:52PM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

cute. i dont think she should overthink this. just let the emotions flow. at least she thinks her sempai is pretty, and she like the gift. so.. eventually. :)

joined Jul 31, 2014

I hope Koito will reply nanami love soon cus both of them just too match for each other but somewhere iny heart want nanami to try harder over koito.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

tbh I'm kind of a little surprised at the assumptions going on in the thread? Just because a character doesn't immediately feel sexually attracted to another doesn't mean they're ace/aro and incapable of it; it just means that those feelings might not develop. Non-ace/aro people can't just summon up feelings of love or lust on a whim.

don't underestimate us ;)

i wish the art on this were better: it's a really intriguing storyline about feelings that are mostly ignored in the typical short-form romance manga. i just . . . can't stomach the fuckin moe

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

I love the mangaka's art in her/his touhou doujin. This one just a little to sterile to my taste. Still likeable tho.

Anyway I really like the main character. I hope when she do fall in love it will hit her HARD.

To reply you must either login or sign up.