Forum › Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That was funny and sad at the same time.

joined May 23, 2015

Yes, being the story leading up to school starting, they're going to be kind of bittersweet.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Bocchi is slowly becoming my little baby :/ I just wanna help her out and take care of her.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I feel like Kai-chan is being needlessly mean, even after Bocchi has made some pretty decent friends she still won't talk to her.
And even just saying they're breaking off their friendship is cruel, she could have just said "I won't talk to you until...", but saying she's no longer Bocchi's friend is pretty harsh, especially given how Bocchi is like.
Oh well, hang in there Bocchi~

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Yeah, gonna have to call dick move on that as well. Kai means well, but that doesn't really justify hurting her friend so much.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, that's some bitchy thing Kai is doing there. Bocchi had better forget about her as quickly as possible. Kai is definitely not friend material.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

On another hand, I think Kai knows bochi well enough to know that she needed to be this drastic for bochi to actually try and make friends. The karaoke chapter showed that she was suffering as well from the situation. :/

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That was funny and sad at the same time.

I think it was more sad than funny...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Without Kai having taken such drastic measures, Bocchi would have never made friends. Bocchi Def needs this push. And I have a feeling Kai probably would take her back, whether she befriends the whole class or not

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I agree that the karaoke chapter really puts Kai in a better light. After all, she thinks that Bochii might even hate her soon, so I could see where she'd be afraid to patch things up even if she changed her mind.

Besides, it's actually a very mature move. I've had one person so socially and financially dependant on me that I eventually snapped at her and almost ruined the friendship. It was only after I exploded that she got her act together. These dynamics can turn toxic if you let them.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

And now im shipping bocchi with nako, because reasons.

Aren't we all?

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I agree that the karaoke chapter really puts Kai in a better light. After all, she thinks that Bochii might even hate her soon, so I could see where she'd be afraid to patch things up even if she changed her mind.

Besides, it's actually a very mature move. I've had one person so socially and financially dependant on me that I eventually snapped at her and almost ruined the friendship. It was only after I exploded that she got her act together. These dynamics can turn toxic if you let them.

Yeah but completely ending the relationship like that is a little too drastic.

joined May 23, 2015

Yeah but completely ending the relationship like that is a little too drastic.

On the one hand, yeah, she's being a bit dramatic. But on the other hand, you can see how quick Bocchi is to give up if there is any chance of escape.

Plus her wording on the terms are a bit vague. To further explain, as far as I can tell, the cutting off of relations lasts until they graduate high school, and is in effect for as long as Bocchi isn't friends with the whole class. Meaning theoretically even if Bocchi completely gave up they could supposedly make up in high school.

Stipulating the entirety of the class was surely far too drastic, but that's also really one of the main ways to keep the manga going.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Also, from the way Kai reacted knowing that Bocchi managed to make some friends already, I doubt she really meant "the whole class, no exception !" I think she gave that objective to ensure that Bocchi will do her absolute best to befriend as many people as possible in her class, but as long as she managed to make some lasting friends, Kai will come back to her. Else, I suppose that Bocchi might have stop at just the first two, if not the very first.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Or maybe the situation with Kai will remain like that for a while, cuz it on itself is sort of a comedy gag.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@webcomic 2

I just wanna hug her T.T

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I've used this strategy before. Sitting in a corner and eating your favourite snacks until you work up enough heroic resolve to fix yourself can be surprisingly effective. As with most things, though, it's cuter when Bocchi does it...

joined May 3, 2014

You know that saying.......An Necessarily Evil ^^

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The last few chapters only managed to tear my heart out. Wasn't this supposed to be comedy?

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Kai-chan nooo

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Go after her Bocchi! You can do it!

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Goddamn, these mini entries are a kick right in the feels.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The webcomic releases are so sad... but still gets a giggle out of me.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

What kind of monster could make Bocchi cry this much!? Damn you Kai-chan!! you and your goodwilling intentions!

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 10:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.