Forum › Murcielago discussion

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

IS IT PRIVILEGE CHECKING TIME? CAUSE I THINK ITS PRIVILEGE CHECKING TIME. Transmisogynist top lel. This is a Yuri Manga of all things, get outta here with your tumblrspeak you silly goose, you.

"Transmisogyny (sometimes trans-misogyny) is the intersection of transphobia and misogyny. It was coined by Julia Serano in her 2007 book Whipping Girl and used to describe the unique discrimination faced by trans women because of 'the assumption that femaleness and femininity are inferior to, and exist primarily for the benefit of, maleness and masculinity', and the way that transphobia intensifies the misogyny faced by trans women (and vice versa)."

Read a book it'll do you some good.

"Julia Serano states in Whipping Girl that 'When the majority of jokes made at the expense of trans people center on 'men wearing dresses' or 'men who want their penises cut off' that is not transphobia – it is transmisogyny. When the majority of violence and sexual assaults committed against trans people is directed at trans women, that is not transphobia – it is transmisogyny.'"

He wasn't presented as trans though, right? He was just another victim of his sister going crazy. I don't think this is really an example of a harmful depiction of a trans person, or really a depiction of a trans person at all.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, the one "trans" we see here is actually a victim of the crazy sister. There was no "trans is bad" or even "trans is disgusting".

Or what, should we consider this manga is homophobic as well just because one of the antagonist was a lesbian that made a whole sect just because she hated men after being raped and forcibly turned her brother into a woman ? :/

If this manga had an habit to put trans into bad guys role with rather obvious anti-trans undertone, would agree with you, but there's none of that. No need to jump the gun just because the one "trans" we seen so far does not please you.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

IS IT PRIVILEGE CHECKING TIME? CAUSE I THINK ITS PRIVILEGE CHECKING TIME. Transmisogynist top lel. This is a Yuri Manga of all things, get outta here with your tumblrspeak you silly goose, you.

"Transmisogyny (sometimes trans-misogyny) is the intersection of transphobia and misogyny. It was coined by Julia Serano in her 2007 book Whipping Girl and used to describe the unique discrimination faced by trans women because of 'the assumption that femaleness and femininity are inferior to, and exist primarily for the benefit of, maleness and masculinity', and the way that transphobia intensifies the misogyny faced by trans women (and vice versa)."

Read a book it'll do you some good.

"Julia Serano states in Whipping Girl that 'When the majority of jokes made at the expense of trans people center on 'men wearing dresses' or 'men who want their penises cut off' that is not transphobia – it is transmisogyny. When the majority of violence and sexual assaults committed against trans people is directed at trans women, that is not transphobia – it is transmisogyny.'"

He wasn't presented as trans though, right? He was just another victim of his sister going crazy. I don't think this is really an example of a harmful depiction of a trans person, or really a depiction of a trans person at all.

Precisely this.
He crossdressed to fool his sister's rapists and eventually help his sister murder them. He even explicitly said himself that he doesn't want to crossdress anymore because at the end of the day, he's a guy. That's when his sister cut his penis off and forcefully made him go through operations.

I agree with topkek. If you're going to label something, at least label it properly. This series is not misogynistic. If anything, with the way his sister thinks of men, what she did to him and how men are portrayed in this series, if labeled, it would be misandrist. Of course, labeling it as misandry is ridiculous to begin with. It's not like the author is going around thinking "I HATE MEN! MEN ARE THE WORST SO IMA MAKE THEM THE VILLAINS IN EVERY SCENARIO!" when it's been hinted that the encompassing 'bad guy' is a woman.

Is it so hard to enjoy a series just because it's about a main character who is an ex-serial killer, psychopathic lesbian womanizer who wants her own harem? I mean, how often do you see that in multi-chapter yuri series'? Apparently finding false labels to point at is what people are into lately.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 8:19AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

The narrative of "This girl is actually a man" is a narrative the reinforces the belief that trans women are "really" men. Even if the character isn't "trans" it still reinforces that attitude, because the people who negatively portray us don't see our identity as valid to begin with.

The brainwashing falls into the trope of "the mentally ill trans woman", which is another thing common to portrayals of us.

The genital mutilation was pretty much cheap shock factor which is why the previous tropes were used in the first place, and furthermore genital mutilation of a "girl who is really a guy" is pretty much how a lot of cisgender bigots view gender confirmation surgery.

It's not about portraying us as evil as much as its about portraying us as mentally ill "men" who mutilate their genitals.

Not that I expect any explanation to get through to cis people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Okay, I'm not going to take sides on this (seeing as I don't read this series in the first place) but I'd like to ask that it not continue to escalate. People have explained their positions, other people have had a chance to read them and respond. I'd like if the conversation could focus back on the manga itself rather a back-and-forth over the points and their associated baggage.

Thanks in advance to all concerned for your kind assistance in this matter.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 4:14PM

joined Apr 26, 2014

Damn .this is epic . Next please

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

motion comic 4
http://mcs.ensoku.club/con/789
https://vimeo.com/134403877

last edited at Jul 25, 2015 10:13AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

mega link with all the motion comic's
https://mega.nz/#F!2IQz2TYB!609lVaWHHdai2te_zgP9_w

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Hey, VivianGames, there's no problem if you want to express your opinion, but try to do it nicely. You came off a bit rude and offensive, and certainly saying that a specific manga sucks in a thread that is about that manga is asking for backlash. Nothing more.
This manga has some awesome artstyle! Somehow it reminds me of Franken Fran. It has that weirdness and twisted kinda feel. And I love that it's gorey, and has a ton of strong scenes, but they don't try to make anything pretentious with them, it's perfect <3 ahaha~

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey, VivianGames, there's no problem if you want to express your opinion, but try to do it nicely. You came off a bit rude and offensive, and certainly saying that a specific manga sucks in a thread that is about that manga is asking for backlash. Nothing more.

I refer you back to the note I posted ON THE SAME PAGE AS YOUR COMMENT and repeat, cut it out. Trying to re-escalate things way after the fact is a jerk move.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I am sorry.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I refer you back to the note I posted ON THE SAME PAGE AS YOUR COMMENT and repeat, cut it out. Trying to re-escalate things way after the fact is a jerk move.

Sorry. I didn't think that would count as "escalating", but if it does, I apologize.

Also, EvilDevil, I just posted that image on my facebook wall haha~ (the original part from the manga :B)
Someone asked me if the manga had other epic scenes..
And I was like, "it's a manga about a rampaging lesbian psycopath serial killer and her loli partner, whose car can go literally anywhere. OF COURSE IT DOES."
Chiyo was so badass in the last chapters, she quickly ranked up on my favorite characters <3 (Although, messy-hair sniper girl is still my favorite!)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Motion comic 7

http://mcs.ensoku.club/set/710/con/859

you can also get it at the mega folder

Utah
joined Aug 6, 2014

This may be a bit dumb, but I wonder what Kuroko meant by Rinko being so easy.
And why is Hinako so cute in that skeleton hoodie >:3?

B9a16ce6e6afe4f0a6ee8ef20ecf1862
joined Jul 12, 2015

does anyone know if i can actually purchase this manga? i would love to add it to my yuri collection ^.^

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

yaaay, new episodes <3
Kuroko's expressions are the best~ :3
I can't wait until this arc's climax and ending~
And I love how even if Kuroko is shown as an extreme serial killer, as a protagonist she does show you a lot of qualities that make her lovable. To be honest, I don't know why every cop is so disgusted by her. (She's a psychopath. What were you expecting from her~? haha~. And are there no corrupt cops in this world? The higher-ups seemed pretty corrupt themselves!)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Goddamnit Kuroko, seducing a single mom this time? hahaha
Well she got her threesome at least

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

omg that extra with the Hinako Army game, I would totally play that! reminded me of Sim Ants! :o

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

The fack D: why the hell isn't this a god damn anime?!?! this pisses me off!!! AGH!!

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

kuu chans expressions are so kawaii

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Eesh. I swear the villains get more fucked-up every arc

The fack D: why the hell isn't this a god damn anime?!?! this pisses me off!!! AGH!!

Just think of the glorious censorship!

To reply you must either login or sign up.