Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

What the,how can one be attracted to someone as a friend?

Easily?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is it just me... or is some of the MAL people comments in Hibike Euphonium discussions about yuri really blood boiling sometimes? Don't know why some of the comments feel like it's somewhat insulting yuri fans.

Sadly that is the norm on nearly all the internet.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Is it just me... or is some of the MAL people comments in Hibike Euphonium discussions about yuri really blood boiling sometimes? Don't know why some of the comments feel like it's somewhat insulting yuri fans.

On the internet if a person likes something you don't( and vice versa ) it's almost certain they feel compelled to tell you how shit your taste/opinion is.

Welcome to the internet.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 6:13PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

It's pretty much unavoidable. But with regards to the show, if it's an open end we can fill in all the yuri blanks. :)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's pretty much unavoidable. But with regards to the show, if it's an open end we can fill in all the yuri blanks. :)

To be honest, we can fill all blanks even with "close" end, het end or w/e end. That is the reason people create doujins ;P

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 6:36PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

To be honest, we can fill all blanks even with "close" end, het end or w/e end. That is the reason people create doujins ;P

So very true. :D you got me on that.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I kind of get what you mean. Like not meaning anything offensive but I feel they comment to just be pain? Like WE all know how the novel ends we all know that it wont end how we want it. BUT it is obvious that we're not bother by that fact, as well as it isn't really discouraging us from shipping the two lol. So when they come to comment like "I love seeing you guys suffer at the end" or "you guys make me laugh, oh but dont worry im a yuri fan too but I'm laughing at you guys for being so stupid". It's not like we arent aware of the fact of the het ending, but I wonder if they ever notice that we don't give a damn if she ended up with Shuichi, we just love the ship for what it is lmao. salutes to all fellow Reimiko shippers So do what I do and ignore the comments XD

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

What the,how can one be attracted to someone as a friend? That's the most stupid thing I've read in 6 months

honestly we don't normally use the word "attraction" for friendships. BUT if there were to be an attraction in a friendship that would mean that they like eachother more than "just friends". So basicly I get what you mean XD

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 10:34PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So someone on MAL posted this and actually thought that this quote:

“Honestly though, even without context I’m not sure how you took this as a romantic moment,” Hibike! Euphonium director Jukki Hanada said to reporters. “We’ve made it very clear that both of these characters are straight. Kumiko is very obviously in denial about her love for Tsukamoto, and Reina has outright stated that she loves Noboru Taki, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the lesbian vibes from. Kumiko and Reina are simply very close friends who do things like go out on long walks together, comment on how hot the other one is and touch each other closely because they’re so comfortable with their friendship.”

proves that there is no yuri. He even went all out with like, gifs of sinking ships and shit.
Stuff like that is what I read the MAL forums for.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

“Honestly though, even without context I’m not sure how you took this as a romantic moment,” Hibike! Euphonium director Jukki Hanada said to reporters. “We’ve made it very clear that both of these characters are straight. Kumiko is very obviously in denial about her love for Tsukamoto, and Reina has outright stated that she loves Noboru Taki, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the lesbian vibes from. Kumiko and Reina are simply very close friends who do things like go out on long walks together, comment on how hot the other one is and touch each other closely because they’re so comfortable with their friendship.”

proves that there is no yuri. He even went all out with like, gifs of sinking ships and shit.

Honesty, the way the article is written is almost satirical and poking fun. No matter what outcome it has, I'll ship them. Even if a het ending happens, so be it. That's just my thoughts.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I thought the whole satire thing was pretty obvious.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Well it's word from the director. He's pretty much the Word of God when it comes to the anime. of course, anyone could can tell the WoG to go fuck itself and headcanon your own ending. But it doesn't change the fact that it's quite a strong argument.

I guess it depends on your definition of what yuri is as well. For some it's only yuri if its the a romantic relationship but some people include deep feelings of friendship as being yuri as well.

If yours is more the former, like I guess this MAL poster is then for sure the director coming up and saying it means to him that there's no yuri unless the director is a troll and it ends up not being the case.

I thought the whole satire thing was pretty obvious.

You never know, I've seen some incredible mental gymnastics from Japan when it comes to gay pairing. Many writers/directors/insert title here come up with the most ( to me and western fans ) incredibly dubious reasoning. Never underestimate the Nippon skinship of friendship.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 9:27AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm pretty sure a Japanese PR person wouldn't talk like that.

And deep feelings of friendship aren't yuri. Except if at least one of those close friends is gay.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 9:35AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm pretty sure a Japanese PR person wouldn't talk like that.

And deep feelings of friendship aren't yuri. Except if at least one of those close friends is gay.

Oh of course I never said that this was real, when you look at the site and the full thing it's clear this is a duder doing satire.

But that doesn't matter to someone who wants to prove the yuri isn't real. Think of all the satire sites like the Onion and that fake christian forum and so many more. Why do they fool people still? Because people want to believe they're right, and so news that agrees with them is real and good, no need to double check the sources at all.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, I get that. The dude that posted it tries his best to make the yuri fans understand that Kumiko and Mr Nobody are going to be canon and that we are living in delusion and stuff. You know, the whole "obey the canon, the author is god" thing.

On a side note, he was so sad when I told him how gay the Love Live girls are in the manga. He has waifus there.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, I get that. The dude that posted it tries his best to make the yuri fans understand that Kumiko and Mr Nobody are going to be canon and that we are living in delusion and stuff. You know, the whole "obey the canon, the author is god" thing.

On a side note, he was so sad when I told him how gay the Love Live girls are in the manga. He has waifus there.

Neo-waifufag, real waifufags only have one. He's most fake. If the LL girls being gay annoys him then I suppose it's the same for girls that have canon boyfriends and done dirty unspeakable things with them. It must be hard being such a purityfag. But then anime is probably the only media for him at this point.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Neo-waifufag, real waifufags only have one. He's most fake. If the LL girls being gay annoys him then I suppose it's the same for girls that have canon boyfriends and done dirty unspeakable things with them. It must be hard being such a purityfag. But then anime is probably the only media for him at this point.

I'm totally having flashbacks to yaoi fangirls in the 90's having "soulbound" characters who had a deep connection to them. And then they'd go off and write completely OOC fics.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm glad I only watched episode 3 so far. Because if I was up to date on it, I'll probably couldn't keep calm for next 2 weeks. I'm going to wait until series finishes and I know how it ends. If it has het ending or anything like that, I'm not going to bother watching it.

It's kinda sad, that for some time now, I start to read last chapter first, in order to check if main characters will be together, so I won't wast my time and emotion. It might sound silly, but I'm really getting into the story and characters, so when at one point I got long streak of stories with "nice beginnings and shitty endings" I was left so emotionally exhausted, that I'm actually afraid to read/watch something and get emotionally invested only to get "bad" ending.

I know that this show wasn't promoted as any kind of yuri story, but from what I read here, I see it got pretty close to that. So If I were to start watching it now and it ended on het note or something, I know I'll get really angry.

What I actually wanted to say is that I highly doubt they are going to make it yuri, and since people point out that this is how novels go, I think that is how KyoAni will go too. But in all fairness, I'd point something those people miss. It's still adaptation and even if I personally prefer faithful adaptation, it doesn't mean that people adapting can't change stuff. How many novels adaptations are actually 100% accurate (and I talk about anime)? Even if it's how it went in novels, no one is telling KyoAni they can't change it. If they were to made a yuri ending, I'd actually applaud them. But yea, I'm still skeptical they are going to.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 3:09PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

What did people think of episode 12? I mean there weren't really any more yuri moments but I like how KyoAni totally had the chance to put in a Kumiko/Shuuichi moment right there but they totally didn't! I'm pretty sure there won't be a het ending now, at the very least.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I was wondering about the last bit in episode 12. What was Reina saying to Kumiko? The place I watched it only subbed Kumiko gloating about getting the Euphonium keychain thingy...Reina seemed hung up about something? Was it what Taki-sensei said? Or was it "What do you mean you were alone with Taki-sensei?" The only parts I got were those where she was saying Kumiko's name lol.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think it'll be like Tamako Market and the het ending will be a movie, anyone know if the novel really ended at volume 4? I expect yuri ending if it continues...

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 5:05PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Norainhere

What did people think of episode 12? I mean there weren't really any more yuri moments but I like how KyoAni totally had the chance to put in a Kumiko/Shuuichi moment right there but they totally didn't! I'm pretty sure there won't be a het ending now, at the very least.

Yeah, I think the way they put the Kumiko/Shuuichi moments were sort of emphasizing the distance between the two rather than implying they are getting closer. Even the parts they practiced seemed to be playing separate parts during the river scene, while Kumiko/Reina played the parts together on the same lines.

Then once again when Kumiko/Shuuichi were shouting at each other about who wants to improve more, they are again separated by the roads. In some ways, indicating the difference in their feelings toward music. Shuuichi is now where Kumiko was in the past. Now Kumiko is where Reina was in the past.

HypocriticalLiar

I was wondering about the last bit in episode 12. What was Reina saying to Kumiko? The place I watched it only subbed Kumiko gloating about getting the Euphonium keychain thingy...Reina seemed hung up about something? Was it what Taki-sensei said? Or was it "What do you mean you were alone with Taki-sensei?" The only parts I got were those where she was saying Kumiko's name lol.

"Kumiko. What did you just say? Hey. You were alone with Sensei- hold on a minute, hey, Kumiko! Kumiko. Kumiko!" Seems like she was concerned what she meant by she was alone with Taki."

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

lildevilinhell

"Kumiko. What did you just say? Hey. You were alone with Sensei- hold on a minute, hey, Kumiko! Kumiko. Kumiko!" Seems like she was concerned what she meant by she was alone with Taki."

omg, thank you!! Not knowing what she was saying was killing me (and now, apparently for good reason haha).

Side Note

This anime is getting me right in the feels. orz

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 5:31PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yuri end!!!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I haven't watched ep 12 yet. But so far there was a clear evidence that Kyoani is making Hibike almost an entity by its own. So I will only judge the anime independently.

But in this anime, there is no couple with better chemistry than Kumiko and Reina, and i doubt if the romantic scene in ep 8 can be top anytime soon by any living soul. That's why even if they plan to screw up the ending, there's no way in hell that they can erase those magical scene between Reina and Kumiko from my mind.

steel myself up to watch ep 12

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 7:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.