Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ok so If anyone is watching this anime than you already know what I'm going to say. (REINA x KUMIKO)... that ship. THAT SHIP!!!! The yuri in this ep was explosive!! They have to make them a canon D: THEY HAVE TOO!!! and that lip part!!! THey have so much chemistry and the remarcks that are made by Kumiko "thats hot" or "that erotic"how ever you want to put it they are fly with excitement they are so yurilicious!!!
What do you guys think? should they be a canon could they be a canon ? Do you ship them?! because I DO!!!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There's a thread for that.

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:17PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

^ yeah but they talk about pretty much a of anime I just really want to talk about this one, alone.
but thanks for the info i am actually going to check it out. :)

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:19PM

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I saw ep 8 images all over my tumblr; and much to my loving of yuri I'm still cautious to see if yuriness is developed enough in this series and I doubt it. : (
wouldn't want to jump into a hole of bait. That's why I'm waiting till the end, check out your comments and decide to pick this up. ; z ;

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I only watched up to episode 6, but yeah, it has a nice amount of subtext (that hair flip @.@) . Though there have been quite a lot of warnings from other people that it's just guaranteed yuri bait... I went into watching it knowing that though. I ship them.

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:37PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ah, I dropped this one quite early... was pretty boring... If yuri ACTUALLY happens, as in something beyond subtext, I will see the episode were it happens...

I don't think anything will happen.

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:38PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Everyone hates KyoAni irrationally. This show is amazing and this couple is adorable and there's definitely not going to be het for either of them. I guarantee it!

Please consider that this message is sponsored by an individual who doesn't actually the show.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Ah, I dropped this one quite early... was pretty boring... If yuri ACTUALLY happens, as in something beyond subtext, I will see the episode were it happens...

Is that just because the genre/style doesn't interest you? Because Hibike Euphonium is, whether there is yuri or not, definitely one of the best KyoAni works. From characterization to just general atmosphere, it is great. Up there with Hyouka, Nichijou, and K-On!. Which are, in my opinion, the best anime by KyoAni.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Is that just because the genre/style doesn't interest you? Because Hibike Euphonium is, whether there is yuri or not, definitely one of the best KyoAni works. From characterization to just general atmosphere, it is great. Up there with Hyouka, Nichijou, and K-On!. Which are, in my opinion, the best anime by KyoAni.

I agree with you!

joined Jan 30, 2013

I saw ep 8 images all over my tumblr; and much to my loving of yuri I'm still cautious to see if yuriness is developed enough in this series and I doubt it. : (
wouldn't want to jump into a hole of bait. That's why I'm waiting till the end, check out your comments and decide to pick this up. ; z ;

I know what you mean but its so hard nOT to ship them :( I hope they do become a canon ;.; because I've seen the when they try to use the yuri bait before but I mean this is the first anime that has done it so well that its actually has me ;.;. which is why I will pray. But come one their chem, did you see their chemistry ?!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm not really sure how much credits KyoAni deserves for Nichijou. I watched the anime and rated it 10 cause it was really funny and well animated but afterwards I read the manga and the amount of laughing literally caused me pain even though I knew a lot of the jokes already.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Art and animation are top notch, music might be great even if I am not into classic orchestral. But this alone won't keep me watching it.

I found the plot at hand with the club and it's development uninteresting, dull, and boring. so the last thing it had left to catch me was the characters... I don't find any of them fun to follow nor interesting (I don't even remember any of their names), therefore I have absolutely no reason to watch it.

So, with that said. IF yuri happens (and not subtext), I will probably only watch from that point on.

joined Jun 1, 2013

I know what you mean but its so hard nOT to ship them :( I hope they do become a canon ;.; because I've seen the when they try to use the yuri bait before but I mean this is the first anime that has done it so well that its actually has me ;.;. which is why I will pray. But come one their chem, did you see their chemistry ?!

I haven't really watch the series except for half of ep 1. But judging from the images from ep 8, who would run your finger sensually on your friend's face and lips like that. Ugh. Kyoani stop confusing me. ; o ;

joined Jan 30, 2013

watch it the series is actually not bad, with yuri or no yuri. BUT one thing is for sure they need to be a couple!!

joined Jan 30, 2013

^damn it if this ship sinks than I'LL sink with it!!!

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

I've got my fingers crossed for this one. I really want this ship to come true very badly, but KyoAni's history is making me incredibly nervous.

last edited at May 26, 2015 8:15PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hum.... I don't know, I don't even know what is the fuss with KyoAni what did they ever do to make you people so angry?? I don't even recall what they do at all -sighs-

I loved the scene,yes,love the animation and character design,if it ends up Shouichi what's his face and Kumiko it's gonna suck so hard but based on what everyone says, it's queer bait so.. I would love it for it to end up yurily or close to it hehe,those two...really... It'd be a shame not to.

but we will have to wait and see

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

if they do force a het ending i pray for ruin to fall upon kyoani........

last edited at May 26, 2015 8:29PM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I won't let myself be fooled...
http://s28.postimg.org/5ikqyw9al/Hell_yeah_3cf07ff8f48e84ff1b7a825f94b647dc.jpg

omg i friggin can't breath now..........

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

Hum.... I don't know, I don't even know what is the fuss with KyoAni what did they ever do to make you people so angry?? I don't even recall what they do at all -sighs-

I loved the scene,yes,love the animation and character design,if it ends up Shouichi what's his face and Kumiko it's gonna suck so hard but based on what everyone says, it's queer bait so.. I would love it for it to end up yurily or close to it hehe,those two...really... It'd be a shame not to.

but we will have to wait and see

Well, they've had a tendency in the past to lead us to believe that, with strong subtext, there could be same-sex romance amongst the characters in much of the animes they've created. However, from the looks of it, KyoAni were never serious about those possibilities, never made any gay ships canon, and would, a lot of times settle for cliche het romance. That's why they've made us frustrated.

Yes, I agree. I would really love it if it all ends up how we want it to end up, but I know it's not guaranteed even with this strong development.

last edited at May 26, 2015 8:33PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

if they do force a het ending i pray for ruin to fall upon kyoani........

You can't really fault kyoani if the source material ends with a het ending. Though baiting does leave a bad taste in the mouth v_v

joined Jan 30, 2013

but the childhood thing is SOOOO cliche :/ like why when presented with a childhood friend does the character have to "somehow" realize that "they have been inlove for the longest time with them?' in some ways yes i could see it but the thing is that it is used IN ANIME way too much agh. time to move on from that and when you actually gives two characters that don't just look good together bUT actually develop that sort of chem together... well then KEEP THEM TOGETHER. STOP WITH THE CLICHES. And yeah this company always does force the het somehow or sometimes. LIke why make the romance or in this case the yuri so obvious and so real to later slap they fans in the face with "HA you thought these characters had chemistry well TOOO BAD!!" is it worth disappointing the fans and the viewers,...

joined Jun 1, 2013

^ this. preach it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Am I the only person that actually thinks they might ignore the source material and go for the yuri route? They've been doing a hell of a lot more to set up Kumiko and Reina than Kumiko and Shuuichi

To reply you must either login or sign up.