Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

takachi:

By the way, we weren't given any direct messages that Seol-a was straight either.

Right, right, just to clarify, what I meant is that though Seol-a doesn't seem to have been really "into" any of her boyfriend relationships, it does seem that she has only ever dated guys, and never girls. Not saying that it was "by choice" or something; it was just the "default behavior" for "everyone" expected by society. But already, yeah, there was already an indication that something was already off, given how dispassionate she has been with all her boyfriends, and how it seemed that none of the relationships lasted for a very long time.

trafi:

No I don't think the girl in the present is Yu-Ji, she definitely don't looks like her

I think it is her... Why else talk about have that girl catch up with Seol-a, then have a big flashback culminating with her meeting Yu-ji for the first time, then switch back to the present with Seol-a talking with that girl. Doesn't seem to make much sense if that girl isn't Yu-ji.

Could be wrong though. Only next week's chapter will tell.

BTW, as for the different look, keep in mind that the (very few) scenes where Yu-ji was shown so far was from her high school days. Just like Seol-a, their hairstyles were very different back then. Seol-a in flashbacks was pretty much only recognizable by her face. But Yu-ji's face was mostly never shown, except a single time in chapter 31. And even then, seeing her face doesn't really help, because ssamba draws a lot of faces alike, lawl.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 7:13PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Wait, what? The girl in the class and the girl Seol-a drinks coffee with is Yu-ji? How come she has another hair colour and looks so different? Does my memory deceive me so much? I had a totally different image of Yu-ji in my head.

And WOW! halmoni that sure was fast this time! Thank you so much!

No I don't think the girl in the present is Yu-Ji, she definitely don't looks like her

Yes, that's why I'm so confused. The girl in the present does look like the girl from this chapter's flashback, who is Yu-ji, but doesn't look like Yu-ji from flashbacks in older chapters. Seol-a, now you have too many girls around you lol

She don't looks like this chapter's Yu-Ji either, the first girl in the flashback isn't Yu-Ji

It would be kinda weird it the present girl was Yu-Ji. Generally people criticize Fluttering feeling because all the girls looks the same and there a character get this uch change x)

Haha, trafi, now you lost me. Let's say there are four girls in the last chapter: the bride seo-young or whatever her name is, the girl #1 from the flashback, the girl #2 from the flashback, the girl Seol-a drinks a cup of coffee or whatever at the end. Which one of them is Yu-ji - only the girl #2 from the flashback?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wait, what? The girl in the class and the girl Seol-a drinks coffee with is Yu-ji? How come she has another hair colour and looks so different? Does my memory deceive me so much? I had a totally different image of Yu-ji in my head.

Yes, that's why I'm so confused. The girl in the present does look like the girl from this chapter's flashback, who is Yu-ji, but doesn't look like Yu-ji from flashbacks in older chapters. Seol-a, now you have too many girls around you lol

She don't looks like this chapter's Yu-Ji either, the first girl in the flashback isn't Yu-Ji

It would be kinda weird it the present girl was Yu-Ji. Generally people criticize Fluttering feeling because all the girls looks the same and there a character get this uch change x)

Haha, trafi, now you lost me. Let's say there are four girls in the last chapter: the bride seo-young or whatever her name is, the girl #1 from the flashback, the girl #2 from the flashback, the girl Seol-a drinks a cup of coffee or whatever at the end. Which one of them is Yu-ji - only the girl #2 from the flashback?

Yes x)

And maybe the coffee girl but I don't want to believe it

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 7:16PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Aha, I see now! Thanks for the clarification everyone!

On a side note, Seol-a used to dance ballet. I wonder if she can play an instrument. Piano would suit her long fingers. Not the long nails though hahaha.

joined May 10, 2015

Rough Typeset 40
https://mega.co.nz/#!bURVBbDb!3WFELIgtkIm9oH8j25Cw_LKol0Ab6xfUkG9dd0F0Zr4

Sigh... I knew something boring is coming up after lots of sequential #seolrae service

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 7:32PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

By the way, we weren't given any direct messages that Seol-a was straight either. She's never been emotionally attached to guys is what's been hinted so far. She did seem to have sex with her bfs, but how much did it deliver? I rather see hints that she hasn't ever experienced lust and greed over her partner's body. She just went for it because that's how it was supposed to work, not because she actually desired it. I'm quite curious if she experienced orgasms and how strong those were if she did. And I bet it's No-rae who'll make her really wet. I could expect that she might have experienced a feeling of excitement while seeing a girl, like when she saw No-rae with a lollipop. could be that a similar feeling she experienced in the past when she saw that classmate of hers and now she kinda recalls it, on the road to realising and accepting her sexuality.

I don't think we'll ever know how she viewed the past relationships and how she felt with her past boyfriends. My guess is that it wasn't very serious just like many college relationships. Guy(s) in your circle approach you and they ask you out, you know them and after brief consideration ( Seol a looks like a quick decision maker most of the time ) she accepts or not. The thing is that she probably didnt have real feelings before dating and thought maybe she would grow to enjoy X's company. This approach CAN flourish into something more, but most often than not it ends up in a failure. Now, was it because they weren't what she wanted because she's gay or because they weren't good enough is something we might never know. I'm sure yuri fans here will think the former because it's more "yuri" this way. But unless she talks to No-Rae about how she never felt like this then we can only speculate. And even then, it could be because of No-rae herself and not her gender.

To me it doesn't really matter, the real thing that matters is that they get their happily after without too much drama ( heh yeah right ).

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 7:45PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Rough Typeset 40
https://mega.co.nz/#!bURVBbDb!3WFELIgtkIm9oH8j25Cw_LKol0Ab6xfUkG9dd0F0Zr4

Sigh... I knew something boring is coming up after lots of sequential #seolrae service

Thanks halmoni and d.d.d. Unbelievable fast!

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

Im not sure the girl who had drink with Seol-A is Yuji either
Maybe the girl and the married one (SeoYoung) are the girls together with Yuji who had talk behind Seol-A's back in the past (no remember from which chapter)
I guess in the next few chapters...we will explore Seol-A's past...maybe to have a proper closure between Seol-A and Yuji

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Thanks d.d.d.!

It's been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com.

Chapter 40 rough typeset by d.d.d.
http://imgur.com/a/0uV3L

Please note that kyra will be doing an Overtooning (overlay) translation that you can read directly on the Comico chapter page. To those who want to help support the author, feel free to check out the Overtooning translation when that's ready!

Edit:
On the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page, the link to Chapter 40 is a bit messed up right now. It should fix itself in a few minutes. For now, please use the direct link to Chapter 40 above.

Edit:
The link to Chapter 40 on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page is now fixed.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 8:15PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan comic by Geedsai translated by gongnongjie and typeset by Alextasha:

Post of the translation:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6800-translations-of-fan-made-comics-of-fluttering-feelings?page=2#forum_post_107879

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 8:23PM

joined Jun 21, 2015

Sigh, I'll probably be reading the previous chapter and the one before that. After having read them last week, I need more SeolRae moments! T_T

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

One step forward, two steps back

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Chapter 40 rough typeset by d.d.d.
http://imgur.com/a/0uV3L

The typeset has been updated.

Minor correction:
"What should I accidentally give off the vibe that I don't like them?"
->
"What should I do if I accidentally give off the vibe that I don't like them?"

joined Jan 31, 2015

I need that mug.

Yumikuri
joined Jan 28, 2015

Sigh, I'll probably be reading the previous chapter and the one before that. After having read them last week, I need more SeolRae moments! T_T

Me too T.T

joined Jan 31, 2015

So here's a summary of my interpretations of this week's chapter (40). Just my opinion; your mileage may vary.

1 - The girl who caught up to Seol-a was Jang Yu-ji. And so, the girl at the end having a drink with Seol-a was also Jang Yu-ji.
2 - Seol-a never had many female friends since childhood and so was RONERY as a wittle girl.
3 - The first girl who appeared in the flashback and who smiled at Seol-a was just a Random Girl. Her purpose was to show how girls weren't really comfortable around Seol-a. Seol-a's monologue line right before that: "Most girls didn't really like me." That girl was just giving her an awkward stare, then gave a fake smile (as people sometimes do with other strangers).
4 - Seol-a then went to an all-girls school and was nervous about it. But in comes Jang Yu-ji, who eventually becomes her first really close female friend.
5 - However, I still don't see anything in this week's chapter indicating that Seol-a had romantic feelings towards Yu-ji. If anything, the majority of the flashback was to establish that Seol-a never had female friends and she secretly longed for one/some. Then comes Jang Yu-ji, and Seol-a thinks that she finally found a female friend and was really happy... until, as we already know, Seol-a would later find out that Yu-ji was just using her and didn't really consider her a friend. And this betrayal was made worse by the fact that Yu-ji was the first female friend Seol-a ever had.

We'll see next week if these interpretations make any sense.

... Sigh... But as expected, people on Tumblr are already starting with the "OMG IZ THAT GIRL SEOL-A'S FIRST CRUSH?!?!/1/1/1/11" GAWDDAMMITTT

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 9:10PM

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

We never know when the flashback chapter is coming lol.

It could have been done better though..

joined Mar 23, 2013

So here's a summary of my interpretations of this week's chapter (40). Just my opinion; your mileage may vary.

1 - The girl who caught up to Seol-a was Jang Yu-ji. And so, the girl at the end having a drink with Seol-a was also Jang Yu-ji.
2 - Seol-a never had many female friends since childhood and so was RONERY as a wittle girl.
3 - The first girl who appeared in the flashback and who smiled at Seol-a was just a Random Girl. Her purpose was to show how girls weren't really comfortable around Seol-a. Seol-a's monologue line right before that: "Most girls didn't really like me." That girl was just giving her an awkward stare, then gave a fake smile (as people sometimes do with other strangers).
4 - Seol-a then went to an all-girls school and was nervous about it. But in comes Jang Yu-ji, who eventually becomes her first really close female friend.
5 - However, I still don't see anything in this week's chapter indicating that Seol-a had romantic feelings towards Yu-ji. If anything, the majority of the flashback was to establish that Seol-a never had female friends and she secretly longed for one/some. Then comes Jang Yu-ji, and Seol-a thinks that she finally found a female friend and was really happy... until, as we already know, Seol-a would later find out that Yu-ji was just using her and didn't really consider her a friend.

... Sigh... But as expected, people on Tumblr are already starting with the "OMG IZ THAT GIRL SEOL-A'S FIRST CRUSH?!?!/1/1/1/11" GAWDDAMMITTT

I like your interpretation as it is close to mine. And what can you expect from tumblr and fans. Sometimes even two characters being in the same panel is enough to think there's romance in the air :D .

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Overlay version up

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/41

How to use overlay http://bit.do/ffovertoon

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 9:13PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Looks like the next chapter(s) is going to revolve around Seol-A's past.Interesting. Won't be surprised if she have had a crush on a girl before.

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

Yes x)

And maybe the coffee girl but I don't want to believe it

Sorry guys, trafi replied my post. I deleted it because halmoni posted the translation. Anyway, I said:

"My speculation (sorry my english):

The girl who talked with Seol-a is the same who was smiling at Seol-a in the flashback and, maybe, the same that showed up later with the ponytail. Basically, I think Seol-a wanted to be her friend, and possibly she also wanted to be Seol-a's friend but she didn't have the courage to approach Seol-a because there were always boys around her.

So Seol-a was alone and sad, without girl friends, then Jang Yu-ji appeared. She made Seol-a think she had friends and later betrayed her. Also, maybe because that accident, Seol-a had to stop doing ballet. In short, maybe Seol-a blames this girl for Jang Yu-ji's fiasco.

Like, "I knew there was something wrong with Yu-ji but I just wanted to have friends". This would also explain why Seol-a didn't give up on No-rae. Maybe Seol-a also blames herself for not trying to approach this girl."

But I changed my mind, my THEORY now is:

The bride, the girl who talked with Seol-a in this chapter and Yu-ji are Seol-a's past group of friends. They're the group of girls who were talking about Seol-a in that flashback. I mean, Yu-ji was the one who said those things but they're together with her. Anyway, you can clearly see that this girl seems guilty, I think she feels bad for what happened. As I said before, I think because that accident Seol-a had to stop doing ballet.

From this point there are two options:

1# Seol-a meets Yu-ji and for the first time she tries to make a girl be her friend. The problem is that she tries to do it by making Yu-ji see her with Ji-hwan (ch. 23 flashback). Obviously, it makes Yu-ji angry so, yeah, she approaches Seol-a but with a bad intention already. Anyway, Seol-a thinks she has friends but then she hears them talking about her. She confronts them, mostly Yu-ji (ch. 31 flashback), then while going to home the accident happens and because of it, she stop doing ballet and maybe she also changes school.

2# Yu-ji is the one who approaches Seol-a and it means everything because, for the first time, she has a girl friend. So, basically, Seol-a is very very happy until she hears Yu-ji talking about her and it hurts so much, mainly because she really thought she had friends. Seol-a then confronts Yu-ji (ch. 31 flashback), later she goes home and the accident happens (this is so sad because it looks like Seol-a almost wanted to be hit). After everything, she tries to make Yu-ji jealous by pretending to be Ji-hwan's girlfriend.

Yu-ji is very important, but we don't know yet why exactly. It can be because she was the first girl friend Seol-a had and Seol-a also thought she was her best friend or it can be because Seol-a had a crush on her. I don't think the second option is impossible because, for example, I had more than one crush during my school years (I'm doing college now) but I didn't know I was gay, I was in a blind denial, so I never thought I was crushing on someone. Only after I found out I was gay that I realized it. It can be Seol-a's situation... Yeah, probably it's not, but it's not impossible, at least.

Again, SORRY MY ENGLISH, I don't speak it but I hope you guys can understand what I tried to say.

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

kyra:

Overlay version up

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/41

How to use overlay http://bit.do/ffovertoon

Thanks, kyra!

I added a note at the beginning of the chapter on Imgur to let people know about this method and to encourage people to give it a try.

joined Jan 31, 2015

seeker:

But I changed my mind, my THEORY now is:

The bride, the girl who talked with Seol-a in this chapter and Yu-ji are Seol-a's past group of friends. They're the group of girls who were talking about Seol-a in that flashback. I mean, Yu-ji was the one who said those things but they're together with her. Anyway, you can clearly see that this girl seems guilty, I think she feels bad for what happened. As I said before, I think because that accident Seol-a had to stop doing ballet.

From this point there are two options:

1# Seol-a meets Yu-ji and for the first time she tries to make a girl be her friend. The problem is that she tries to do it by making Yu-ji see her with Ji-hwan (ch. 23 flashback). Obviously, it makes Yu-ji angry so, yeah, she approaches Seol-a but with a bad intention already. Anyway, Seol-a thinks she has friends but then she hears them talking about her. She confronts them, mostly Yu-ji (ch. 31 flashback), then while going to home the accident happens and because of it, she stop doing ballet and maybe she also changes school.

2# Yu-ji is the one who approaches Seol-a and it means everything because, for the first time, she has a girl friend. So, basically, Seol-a is very very happy until she hears Yu-ji talking about her and it hurts so much, mainly because she really thought she had friends. Seol-a then confronts Yu-ji (ch. 31 flashback), later she goes home and the accident happens (this is so sad because it looks like Seol-a almost wanted to be hit). After everything, she tries to make Yu-ji jealous by pretending to be Ji-hwan's girlfriend.

Yu-ji is very important, but we don't know yet why exactly. It can be because she was the first girl friend Seol-a had and Seol-a also thought she was her best friend or it can be because Seol-a had a crush on her. I don't think the second option is impossible because, for example, I had more than one crush during my school years (I'm doing college now) but I didn't know I was gay, I was in a blind denial, so I never thought I was crushing on someone. Only after I found out I was gay that I realized it. It can be Seol-a's situation... Yeah, probably it's not, but it's not impossible, at least.

Should be #2. It's almost certain that Seol-a did the "look at me, I'm so close to Ji-hwan, buy me ice cream~" stunt to get back at Yu-ji for her "betrayal".

As for #1, it wouldn't make much sense for Seol-a to pretend to be close to Ji-hwan in order to... make friends with Yu-ji. (Huh??)

Yes, I suppose it is also possible that the girl in the ponytail in the present is not Yu-ji but one of the other girls who betrayed Seol-a. But... I personally think it's Yu-ji herself. Story-wise, this would also have the most impact, for Yu-ji herself, who was the "worst" of the "fake friends", to show up.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 10:31PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Good chapter. Nice to have some Seol-a alone time and inner monologue. Don't know why people thought it was a boring chapter. Plenty of important back story going on with a nice lead-in from the previous chapter. I'm personally glad we get to see Seol-a and No-rae having moments without the other always commanding their thoughts and actions. It's nice to see them being themselves without the other there physically or not. I wish more romances depicted this.

Seems like Seol-a is going back over her past relationships with other women/girls she considered to be close friends and evaluating that time and maybe comparing it to her current relationship with No-rae. I saw this because of her, "sister my ass" realization and then she goes to a wedding of some old schoolmates so I'm supposing she's been deep in thought about her female companions over the course of her life.

So far, looking at the flashback, it seems the Yu-ji meeting was more or less coincidental. I think, once they become friends and Seol-a lets her into her life, Yu-ji see Seol-a's relationship with Ji-whan at some point, goes gaga over him and things begin to slowly spiral down after that. Best guess.

joined Apr 6, 2015

5 - However, I still don't see anything in this week's chapter indicating that Seol-a had romantic feelings towards Yu-ji. If anything, the majority of the flashback was to establish that Seol-a never had female friends and she secretly longed for one/some. Then comes Jang Yu-ji, and Seol-a thinks that she finally found a female friend and was really happy... until, as we already know, Seol-a would later find out that Yu-ji was just using her and didn't really consider her a friend. And this betrayal was made worse by the fact that Yu-ji was the first female friend Seol-a ever had.

To reply you must either login or sign up.