Forum › Cocytus discussion

joined Sep 15, 2013

Interesting

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Will keep my judgment reserved until more chapters, pretty neutral about this one

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

Don't know how this will play out, hopefully not as fast paced as the author's other series but it looks like it's going to be interesting.

joined Sep 15, 2013

I still don't understand why they picked this name? Is it going to be extra sad or contain something supernatural?

K2
joined May 22, 2014

I can't wait till c2

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Don't know how this will play out, hopefully not as fast paced as the author's other series but it looks like it's going to be interesting.

It's only 2 chapters.

Ending does not give it proper closure, it's pretty abrupt.

joined Sep 4, 2014

It's only 2 chapters.

Aw man

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

Well, seems interesting. Tho I don't expect a real ending...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I still don't understand why they picked this name? Is it going to be extra sad or contain something supernatural?

I also question the decision to have cock in the title of a yuri manga.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Cocytus translates to the River of Wailing in Greek so, we'll have to see which direction this goes lmao.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

It's only 2 chapters.

from the Table of Contents at http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cocytus_ch01#4 there are 4 chapters an an omake, however the 3rd and 4th chapters are titled Moratorium. Not sure if it it's the same storyline as the first 2 chapters...

I know you're probably just shitposting, but:

Cocytus, meaning "the river of wailing", is a river in the underworld in Greek mythology. Cocytus flows into the river Acheron, across which is the underworld. There are five rivers encircling Hades. The River Styx is perhaps the most famous; the other rivers are Phlegethon, Lethe, and Acheron.

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 4:44PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I know you're probably just shitposting, but:

Cocytus, meaning "the river of wailing", is a river in the underworld in Greek mythology. Cocytus flows into the river Acheron, across which is the underworld. There are five rivers encircling Hades. The River Styx is perhaps the most famous; the other rivers are Phlegethon, Lethe, and Acheron.

Cocytus is the name of the river of wailing, but translation is "lamentation", it seems like that is what the mangaka was going for.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

It's only 2 chapters.

from the Table of Contents at http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cocytus_ch01#4 there are 4 chapters an an omake, however the 3rd and 4th chapters are titled Moratorium. Not sure if it it's the same storyline as the first 2 chapters...

That's right, 2 chapters Cocytus and 2 (3) chapters Moratorium. They're both two different stories with different characters, though.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

I remember seeing the cover page a while back, nice to see it translated

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The girl who secretly dislikes the bullshit of social interaction and the socially awkward but beautiful girl. Haven't seen that one before

That said, it's fairly well executed

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yay it's here! This is a manga I translated roughly for my own reading. I love Kodama Naoko.

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

You already gave her a nickname, you can't throw the poor kitty away! And she's cute! That's motive enough to get involved!

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 9:38PM

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I really dig Kodama Naoko's drawings. The art style. ; z ;

joined Apr 12, 2014

uh interesting so far.. the character looks reminds me of citrus haha

joined Jul 8, 2013

Please God. This series has a lot of potential. Don't let it become one of those super stupid, pointlessly overdramatic, unrealistic, stupid love triangle yuri romance series. It's been so long since there was a series that didn't disappoint. Please God. Help me out here lol.

joined May 24, 2015

For just a moment I thought this was again one more story out of the yuri manual "dork blonde girl falls in love with intelectual/rich/troubled/reserved/elegant dark/blue long haired girl" but Kuroneko's character is somehow different to the rest. I didn't actually found the story interesting (for now) but that character got my attention.
Really nice art tho

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 12:25AM

Av
joined Nov 12, 2013

This looks interesting, is it only 4 ch long?

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

I have been waiting for this. Really loves kodama art style

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well damn, those comments have really got me worried.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Please God. This series has a lot of potential. Don't let it become one of those super stupid, pointlessly overdramatic, unrealistic, stupid love triangle yuri romance series. It's been so long since there was a series that didn't disappoint. Please God. Help me out here lol.

"Their Story" hasn't disappointed me one tiny bit so far.
And I'm pretty stoked about "Fluttering Feelings" too.
Still enjoying "Miss Sunflower" although it's admittedly taking an awfully long time to get anywhere.
There's non-disappointing series IMO.
Oh, and of course "Stretch" assuming it counts as a yuri series . . .

To reply you must either login or sign up.