Forum › Anime season

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I think the animation is even better in season 2, solid comedy

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

KinMoza always my fav as long as they don't destroyed the yuri.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

KinMoza always my fav as long as they don't destroyed the yuri.

I really doubt they will.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

@Nya-chan 'subtexty' or not, I did and am enjoying Aya's present and Yoko's obviliousness, even though Karen, Isami, and Alice well pretty all her friends see right through her affection and of course tsundere for Yoko already lol.
@Maus yeah gotta appreciate studios who keep better their work... ; v;

joined Dec 16, 2013

appreciate the higher budget.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

hello Kiniro epi 6: godshitdamn I think my Teacher/Student ship just sank, fuck that blonde loving whore

joined Dec 16, 2013

^teacherxteacher.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Karen x Honoka ftw

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

hello Kiniro epi 6: godshitdamn I think my Teacher/Student ship just sank, fuck that blonde loving whore

She came out of nowhere to ruin our Age gap tag D:

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm fairly sure Honoka was in season one I don't know what you guys are talking about :/ you make it sound like she's white-rangering the show.

Caught up to Mikagura and Eruna's delusions make me want a Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! anime even more...sigh....someday maybe?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

want a Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! anime

So on board with that. It's perfect for an anime adaption.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Latest episode of SNAFU Zoku sent the feels through the roof.

Hikigaya crying? Wut?

I'd almost ship Yukinoshita and Yuigahama now.

last edited at May 22, 2015 2:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

+1 for animated lesbian freakouts.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

+1 again for crazy spirally eyes, don't forget about those.

last edited at May 22, 2015 2:47PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

+1 again for crazy spirally eyes, don't forget about those.

I love crazy/unorthodox eyes.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

To continue popping with random yuri in non-yuri tagged animes... I got another. I have mentioned it before but, not sure if I've posted about it on this specific thread.. don't think I have...

There is a lesbian couple in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, They are Malga and Margot (doujin-wise theres only 1 doujin and a few images here on dynasty) they are part of the main large cast of characters, but they do have their moments. Episode 10 of season 1 has their first yuri moment, theres also a an arc with them sprinkled in season 2.

• A sort of warning, the anime is very confusing at first, and it's quite possible that you'll feel lost most of the time. It feels like I am watching multiple animes at the same time, bunch of stories going on simultaneously and sometimes it focuses on one leaving others idle to come back to them later.

• Another sort of warning on season 2, the main guy takes a back seat to the plot and becomes a comedy relief character, he goes around naked for almost all his screentime... Rather sad to see that, he was interesting in season 1.

To describe it I'd say: It's epic, nonsensical, deep, confusing, and hilarious. It's a hate it or love it kind of deal... They are lesbian angel girls! So that is definitively a love it for me :p

last edited at May 22, 2015 3:18PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Any recommendations for yuri-ish anime? I'm pretty sure I watched most of them so if you can think of a less known one that may not be the best, please still recommend it.

I also watched everything Yozakura Quartet except for the 2008 series and the specials now so I'm totally gonna drag up that conversation again.
Ao and Kotoha are way canon, They have one kiss to calm halfdemon Kotoha down but it doesn't give some halfassed excuse for it. It's totally because of love. However, after the first 3 episodes of strongly establishing that they are dating (without outright saying so of course), they really cut back on their interactions. They are still clearly closest to each other but they just aren't shown together all that often anymore.
In addition to those two, there are two other very shippable yuri pairs:
Nurse x Nurse's sister (Hana no Uta) and Necromancer x Undead (Hoshi no Umi)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ I just popped one right above your comment :p

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, just finished looking what it is, I had it on my to watch list but apparently forgot about it.
Thanks, I'm gonna watch that now. :)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yeah, just finished looking what it is, I had it on my to watch list but apparently forgot about it.
Thanks, I'm gonna watch that now. :)

Don't let the seemingly cliche beggining of the plot get you, things get pretty interesting as elements are added.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alright, thanks for the warning.

joined Apr 19, 2014

Any recommendations for yuri-ish anime? I'm pretty sure I watched most of them so if you can think of a less known one that may not be the best, please still recommend it.

Have you seen the Bee Train stuff? Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja. They all feature two women as main characters with relationships that range from "barely even subtext" in Madlax to "all but text" in El Cazador, plots that have their heads stuck up their ass to a varying extent, and really good music.

Bee Train got a lot better at making anime as time went on (though they never actually got great at it) so you should probably just start with El Cazador and work your way back until you hit your bad anime breaking point.

Otherwise, uh, Yuki Yuna? It got a pretty subdued reaction overall IIRC so I wouldn't be surprised by not hearing about it. It had some middling subtext and really cool music+visuals, but it was overambitious and a little unfocused.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Otherwise, uh, Yuki Yuna? It got a pretty subdued reaction overall IIRC so I wouldn't be surprised by not hearing about it. It had some middling subtext and really cool music+visuals, but it was overambitious and a little unfocused.

Debatable. The series did amazing things to my heart (and it continues to do so). I believe the show builds enough of the world to go on and fully focus on the club members. Of course, it's not perfect. But I'm still following their materials, so I think the show did exactly what it set out to do.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks, already watched all of those except for Noir. They're all really good, especially Cazador and YuYuYu.

So Noir is more subtext than Madlax? That's good to know.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Noir has an amazing soundtrack. I haven't watched the whole thing, but it is pretty subtexty as I recall.

To reply you must either login or sign up.