Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

joined Apr 30, 2014

What's real and what's an illusion? How much does Lulu truly know?

This is definitely gonna be a "What a twist!" plot.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I like Kureha. She's got pluck and heart.

...but she also has terrible form. You're going to break your shoulder shooting like that, girl!

Well . . . not with a laser rifle, she isn't.

last edited at May 19, 2015 10:51PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Honestly, it kind of lost me there for a while but now that its been explained I really do like this manga's plot over the anime's. Although I can't help but notice all of the shoutouts it gives to the anime lol. I recognize that wooden bear carving from somewhere lol.

Those carvings seem to be a kind of standard tourist gimmick thing for the region they're from, so they've probably appeared a few places. For me it made me think of Lovely Complex and the "bear curry" episode.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

This is unbearable...

Images
joined May 22, 2014

This is highly unrealistic, Bear meat doesn't taste good. No one would ever make stew out of bear meat.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is highly unrealistic, Bear meat doesn't taste good. No one would ever make stew out of bear meat.

Have you tried chewing it? It tastes good then according to Kureha.

Since there is a bear universe as a premise,the whole thing is unrealistic, isn't that the nice thing about fiction works?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

People do, you know. It's definitely a tourist thing in a certain part of Japan. But also, I have a friend whose family lives in the interior of British Columbia, in ze boonies, who totally have been known to shoot bear and then use all the meat. Apparently it's quite good if you hang it for a while and cook it slow. Gamey, but some people like that.

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

lulu is super cute, i hope she will not die unlike in the anime version......i cant bear the pain...TT

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

But if everything is bear... aren't every meat bear meat ? So excluding Kureha, everyone in this world is a cannibal and Ginko is kind of a hypocrite.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's an illusion in Ginko's head planted by her mother no? So maybe she never eats meat.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's an illusion in Ginko's head planted by her mother no? So maybe she never eats meat.

She eats salmon in the first chapter. Maybe fish are immune from being bears?

I can't believe that, fish don't get to be bears ? That would be so unfair, poor little fish :o

last edited at May 21, 2015 7:32AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

With each passing chapter I know less and less....

Fantastic art tho.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I like Kureha. She's got pluck and heart.

...but she also has terrible form. You're going to break your shoulder shooting like that, girl!

Well . . . not with a laser rifle, she isn't.

If she was using a real firearm before, it doesn't show. Placing the butt of the gun firmly against your shoulder isn't something you forget to do (especially if you've ever failed to do it). And it's kind of a miracle that she hits anything at all, with sighting like that!

It's interesting to see that Morishima apparently isn't used to drawing hands like that at all. Look at Kureha's fingers on the forestock.

last edited at May 21, 2015 7:24PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Fair enough. To be honest, I find myself doubting Morishima is an expert on firearms.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Fair enough. To be honest, I find myself doubting Morishima is an expert on firearms.

I'm reminded of when Murphy and Sapir were writing the Destroyer series of novels, they included a firearm in one book and people called them on the mistakes they made about it. They agonized over it for a while, having made such obvious errors, until they had (more or less) this exchange.

"Do you care about guns?"

"Well, no."

"Do you care about people who are that fussy about guns?"

"No."

So from then on, whenever they included any sort of firearm in their books, they deliberately got all the details wrong, and came up with ridiculous weapons that nobody would really want to be real.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

If bear universe is a delusion, then it's a shared one. Kureha had it too, before her makeover. Dreams, mindreading.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If bear universe is a delusion, then it's a shared one. Kureha had it too, before her makeover. Dreams, mindreading.

This is the whole point of the manga really, in case you didn't notice. What's true and what's not, what's an illusion and what's reality, what's love and what's desire.

Yuri Kuma Arashi's anime is about finding your someone special (the recurring "found you!") and about "true love" vs desire (eating). And also being true to your love, even in the face of the invisible storm.

I think the manga will tell the same kind of story, in a different way.

last edited at May 23, 2015 11:44AM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is the whole point of the manga really, in case you didn't notice. What's true and what's not, what's an illusion and what's reality, what's love and what's desire.

Yuri Kuma Arashi's anime is about finding your someone special (the recurring "found you!") and about "true love" vs desire (eating). And also being true to your love, even in the face of the invisible storm.

I think you , nailed it with that.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I forgot to talk about the theme of "pride" too. Ie, you don't try to change someone to be like you, for your convenience. It's pride. The only one you have the right to change is yourself. Hence the final decision of Kureha in the anime.

YKA is far more complex than appears at first glance, even if 12 eps was too few.

But above all, it's a wonderful love story, so strong that it breaks the barriers of space, time, gender and even species.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

I forgot to talk about the theme of "pride" too. Ie, you don't try to change someone to be like you, for your convenience. It's pride. The only one you have the right to change is yourself. Hence the final decision of Kureha in the anime.

YKA is far more complex than appears at first glance, even if 12 eps was too few.

But above all, it's a wonderful love story, so strong that it breaks the barriers of space, time, gender and even species.

Oh yeah, accepting and loving the other as they may be,not wanting them to change for your own sake.
Yes,it is wonderful indeed it holds forever a special spot in my heart.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

True. But I think it's more encompassing and more about society than love - it's the theme of "defining the norm".
The quirks of the personality or other abnormalities in each one of us is what makes us stand out, makes us visible. On one hand that makes us vulnerable as the society (the invisible storm) starts to fear the unknown and decides to get rid of us. On the other hand, that's what makes others fall in love with us (finding someone visible).
In other words Ikuhara sends a message that it's OK to be and stay different, never give up on who you are, because no matter where you go, you'll always differ from the rest in one aspect or another. Therefore, no matter where you go there will be two worlds of love and hate around you, just accept it as part of your life. And if you do give up and becomes transparent, you risk to lose someone precious, someone who loves you.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

True. But I think it's more encompassing and more about society than love - it's the theme of "defining the norm".
The quirks of the personality or other abnormalities in each one of us is what makes us stand out, makes us visible. On one hand that makes us vulnerable as the society (the invisible storm) starts to fear the unknown and decides to get rid of us. On the other hand, that's what makes others fall in love with us (finding someone visible).
In other words Ikuhara sends a message that it's OK to be and stay different, never give up on who you are, because no matter where you go, you'll always differ from the rest in one aspect or another. Therefore, no matter where you go there will be two worlds of love and hate around you, just accept it as part of your life. And if you do give up and becomes transparent, you risk to lose someone precious, someone who loves you.

That's what I implied with "the invisible storm". I didn't dwell on it, because its symbolism is obvious : society wanting to make you "invisible", ie conform to its norm.

And I think it's more about love than about society criticism really. :)

Kumalia is the star of love and she pulls the strings in the background. Kureha and Ginko keep repeating, like a mantra, that they won't give up on love and that their love is true. All the rest is just roadblocks on their path.

But everyone sees what they want to see in Yuri Kuma. :)

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I finished the anime and I can say this deserve to be one of the best Yuri ever to me.
And Morishima really do lots of Yuri manga, I think she must put all her heart to it. I really appreciate her

To reply you must either login or sign up.