Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I bet something unexpected happens next chapter. The author said it was special, right?

Maybe No-Rae will keep avoiding Seol-A but then get into a situation where she can't, but there will be other people around so they can't actually have a confrontation.

Like a huge sleepover (MT..? I'm not even sure what those are) where Seol-A, Hye-Kyung, and No-Rae all end up in the same bed and No-Rae can't freak out in front of Hye-Kyung, so she gets stuck and it gets really awkward for her.

Not sure how this would make the rest of the story proceed, but knowing how ssamba is I don't think that such a scene would be very long, even if it did happen, it'd probably cut to the next morning and have No-Rae wake up and think the worst of it was over and then Seol-A starts changing. Maybe still too humorous for the tone going on though.

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 9:11PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

madlax232:

I cant wait for the next chapter, ssamba said its a special chapter spazz

Tiger:

I bet something unexpected happens next chapter. The author said it was special, right?

Ehh... can't be sure, but she might mean that it's one of those "non regular" chapters. You know, in other manga, it would be those chapters that typically have a ".5" number, like chapter 28.5 instead of 29. And they are usually a side story.

The only "special" chapter that has happened so far in FF is the Chuseok Special, which was between chapters 5 and 6.

Not sure what she meant.

HypocriticalLiar:

anonymous:

(totally stealing your heading technique, btw...it was getting confusing to keep doing it the way I was doing it heh)

Go ahead, lol.

I just want to provide proper context but also clearly state who said what to avoid confusion.
And also, when the quotes are nested...

I start to really

have no clue

who said what.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind the nesting that much if it just clearly labeled the name of the poster.

HypocriticalLiar:

Oh and thanks so much to anonymous and guavagusta for the firefox fix. :)

I use both interchangeably, but only had the fix on chrome (hadn't installed it on FF yet).

Don't mention it.

littleyuri:

This is a good thing though! I mean, just look at it, wouldn't it be sweeter (for us) if they reconciled after this storm is over? I think that's definitely going to be sweet.

[...]

"We all yearn for reconciliation, for catharsis."
[...]
"The stronger the issues, the more powerful the catharsis."

/totally not from Inception

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 11:43PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I find it really nice to have No-rae have that reaction, looking from her outward child-like personality, it's like the reverse of the usual trope, wherein, usually, it's the more aesthetically unreachable one who reacts that way.

Putting it this way:

But then:

So, ouched that hurt :
and we all know what happened next

so someone's both like this right now, one externally (which I guiltily like ~~) and the other internally (huuhu):
now, who's the queen of lesbians w/ an orgasmic angry face?

joined Feb 22, 2015

@Anon Yeah! I do hope that they're not reconciling any time soon. I want more drama so that when it's finally time to make everything right, it's going to be a lot, lot sweeter.

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

I find it really nice to have No-rae have that reaction, looking from her outward child-like personality, it's like the reverse of the usual trope, wherein, usually, it's the more aesthetically unreachable one who reacts that way.

Putting it this way:

But then:

So, ouched that hurt :
and we all know what happened next

so someone's both like this right now, one externally (which I guiltily like ~~) and the other internally (huuhu):
now, who's the queen of lesbians w/ an orgasmic angry face?

Wow that's cool! It's like what happened on chapter 27. By the way may I ask what anime that is on the middle part? Is that yuri?

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

If No-rae were capable of acting like her normal self and masking her mood, I think she would. But, she appears to be past that point. Whenever she hears or sees Seol-a, even if it's something as small as receiving a text from her, it probably brings everything that she's feeling (and trying to avoid) to the forefront of her mind.

So she's essentially caught up in her own thoughts and running from her romantic feelings. And poor Seol-a gets pushed away as a result. ^^;

I'm not sure if she means to sound harsh... No-rae could just be withdrawing emotionally, trying to treat Seol-a courteously rather than with closeness which comes across coldly because they're on two different mindsets now; Seol-a wanting closeness, No-rae wanting space. But, she is also jealous and unfairly taking it out on Seol-a just a bit by projecting her frustration.

anonymous:

Ehh... can't be sure, but she might mean that it's one of those "non regular" chapters. You know, in other manga, it would be those chapters that typically have a ".5" number, like chapter 28.5 instead of 29. And they are usually a side story.

The only "special" chapter that has happened so far in FF is the Chuseok Special, which was between chapters 5 and 6.

Not sure what she meant.

I was wondering about this as well... I don't know whether to be excited or bummed if that means the next chapter won't continue where this one left off from. =/

joined Jan 31, 2015

littleyuri:

This is a good thing though! I mean, just look at it, wouldn't it be sweeter (for us) if they reconciled after this storm is over? I think that's definitely going to be sweet.

[...]

anonymous:

"We all yearn for reconciliation, for catharsis."
[...]
"The stronger the issues, the more powerful the catharsis."

/totally not from Inception

littleyuri:

@Anon Yeah! I do hope that they're not reconciling any time soon. I want more drama so that when it's finally time to make everything right, it's going to be a lot, lot sweeter.

Ah, just one thing though. I wouldn't want them to be unnecessarily at each other's throats for a very long time for no reason other than dragging the story out. (You know, like Citrus.)

Like I said, so far, to me, everything makes sense and is fairly realistic. But if 10 chapters later, they were still "fighting" for not good reason (like Citrus), or you would have characters acting bitchy for no apparent reason (like Citrus), then that would not be good storytelling (like Citrus).

... OK, sorry, I shouldn't bitch about Citrus here. That's what the Citrus thread is for, lawl.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 12:05AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

By the way may I ask what anime that is on the middle part? Is that yuri?

Looks like Black Rock Shooter, I think. Pretty strong subtext, if it is.

It's certain now, Shuninta and Takemiya broke me. No-rae couldn't even start giving Seol-a the cold shoulder and I already secured a window seat on the hype train. The author got a really good atmosphere/mood when things were awkward between them around chapter 20 or so, so I'm looking forward to some quality angst for the next few chapters.

joined Mar 23, 2015

I finally read through every single chapter of FF today and really appreciate the pacing, although the immediate turndown of Ji Hwan came out of nowhere.

One thing that I think should make a come back is the promise Norae made to Seola in the classroom, which is that she wouldn't leave her, and Norae doesn't make promises easily. What she's doing now is the opposite of what she's promised though.

Ssamba also made it clear that Norae and Gyeong Woo (sp?) have similar eyes so Seola seems to be nicer than average to the boy.
I don't see him as a threat but as an annoyance.

I wonder if Ji Hwan will make another appearance and try again? I guess it's pretty blatant that they have the male version of each other waiting around but they don't want it. I think it's been much more clear on Norae's side.

It's sweet/sad how Norae is going over every moment they shared and so she's late for school/can't sleep.

I am not fully sure even after the re-read when Seola understood that she's in love, because it seems like she never really struggled with it heavily except in thinking she probably has no shot, and at least she can have Norae to herself as long as possible. I don't think she thinks Norae could ever reciprocate, right?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

littleyuri

I agree! I just wish I didn't find out about this until 20 wks into the future...that way I could read them all at once instead of suffering bit by bit. orz

anonymous:

Not sure what she meant.

moonfrost13

I was wondering about this as well... I don't know whether to be excited or bummed if that means the next chapter won't continue where this one left off from. =/

I think it's a "bad" thing...i.e. it's not going to pick up where it left off. :/ Probably like anonymous is saying, it's a "half" chapter. Of course, I'm only basing this off the smiley (^^;) because it usually implies something like worry and not the uber joy one might expect from an extra long/extra plot developed chapter. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

That being said, I don't think Samba has posted a special chapter in Comico...I think that special was on his/her blog (if I'm wrong, please correct me). That might be in favor of it being an "extra long/extra plot developed" chapter haha.

icedteacarton

I am not fully sure even after the re-read when Seola understood that she's in love, because it seems like she never really struggled with it heavily except in thinking she probably has no shot, and at least she can have Norae to herself as long as possible. I don't think she thinks Norae could ever reciprocate, right?

I don't know...I don't think Seol-a has realized it yet, and thus she hasn't struggled with it. Like others have mentioned, she probably doesn't even realize it's possible...I'm guessing it's going to take No-rae exploding in frustration (at Seol-a's obliviousness) for Seol-a to even start to consider it.

Side Note

Someone mentioned the flashbacks in No-rae's room were all related to the 'strangling' incident. I think, though, that that was just because those were the only moments where Seol-a was in her room. Those memories were dredged up, likely unwittingly, because of where she was at.

moonfrost13

I'm not sure if she means to sound harsh... No-rae could just be withdrawing emotionally, trying to treat Seol-a courteously rather than with closeness which comes across coldly because they're on two different mindsets now; Seol-a wanting closeness, No-rae wanting space. But, she is also jealous and unfairly taking it out on Seol-a just a bit by projecting her frustration.

^This. I think this is brilliant. Quite the possibility.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 1:15AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Some whiny douche said they couldn't read the raws with my translation, so I did a crappy rough typeset.
Enjoy lol.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nf32vb78d7or5/ff28

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

Some whiny douche said they couldn't read the raws with my translation, so I did a crappy rough typeset.
Enjoy lol.

DAT LOGO

You're referring to that idiot on /u/, right? Meh, I'd ignore those kinds of people.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 1:25AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Enjoy lol.

haha halmoni! I'm not sure if I should be angry at the twit for being insufferable and out of line (and completely wrong, I've read the chapter at least 3 times now with your translations) or enjoying your rough typesets...I guess I can do both.

Thank you for the roughs halmoni! :) And we should take pitchforks to the bum.

EDIT : LOL, I loved your translators' note

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 1:31AM

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

I was contemplating for a long time if i should create an account here or not to thank halmoni. I was just happily reading all your comments and theories. (Just a lurker and fangirling in the background)

Halmoni's comment on the roughs gave me the push to create an account here. (Soooo awesome!!!)

Thank you very much, halmoni and all the people who are working to enable us to read and enjoy FF. I tried to learn Korean but, meh..got impatient :p

FF changed how i feel with Monday coming (errrr, yeah, work)..but i am now always looking forward for Monday!!! :3

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Look like Black Rock Shooter, I think. Pretty strong subtext, if it is.

Oh I see thank you. I'm gonna check it out!

Enjoy lol.

Thank you so much for this! ^_^2

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 2:53AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Look like Black Rock Shooter, I think. Pretty strong subtext, if it is.

Oh I see thank you. I'm gonna check it out!

Black rock shooter the OVA, don't go only for the series. The OVA is much more a piece of art than the other and the pictures you've seen are from the OVA

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 4:26AM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Enjoy lol.

Whiny and lazy, copy/pasting your translation in the raws is an excellent way to enjoy the story.

I don't like the sound of this:

Author's note: Next week is a special chapter^^

It could mean anything, but usually it's a break in the normal updates.

joined Feb 17, 2015

Did norae forget about her promise to never leave seola? Argggghhh cant wait until next monday

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Did norae forget about her promise to never leave seola?

Yeah that's what Seol-A will be asking herself now...

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Icedteacarton:

One thing that I think should make a come back is the promise Norae made to Seola in the classroom, which is that she wouldn't leave her, and Norae doesn't make promises easily. What she's doing now is the opposite of what she's promised though.

I'm pulling for this as well. :) I'm not sure how it would play out but, if anything could motivate No-rae to face her feelings, I think it would be a combination of: (a) Seeing firsthand how her behavior is hurting Seol-a (b) Realizing how much she means to Seol-a as a result (c) Being reminded of the promise they made together.

HypocriticalLiar:

I think it's a "bad" thing...i.e. it's not going to pick up where it left off. :/ Probably like anonymous is saying, it's a "half" chapter. Of course, I'm only basing this off the smiley (^^;) because it usually implies something like worry and not the uber joy one might expect from an extra long/extra plot developed chapter. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

That being said, I don't think Samba has posted a special chapter in Comico...I think that special was on his/her blog (if I'm wrong, please correct me). That might be in favor of it being an "extra long/extra plot developed" chapter haha.

Ahh, you're probably right. I didn't notice there was a sweatdrop to that smiley until you mentioned it. I wonder why there would be a special now, since ssamba already did one for Chuseok. Unless there's another Korean holiday currently taking place that I'm not aware of.

Well, whatever the special turns out to be... I'm betting it'll involve flashbacks. haha.

HypocriticalLiar:

Someone mentioned the flashbacks in No-rae's room were all related to the 'strangling' incident. I think, though, that that was just because those were the only moments where Seol-a was in her room. Those memories were dredged up, likely unwittingly, because of where she was at.

I'm still confused by the memories No-rae chose to reminisce over because Seol-a voiced, "I'll make sure he never touches you" when they were outside of the police station, rather than at her home. And she could have even thought about eating instant noodles with her or Seol-a cooking breakfast but, instead she dwells on Seol-a needing to use her restroom. XP

HypocriticalLiar:

moonfrost13

^This. I think this is brilliant. Quite the possibility.

Thanks, I don't know if it's an accurate assessment but, I'm mostly drawing from personal experience since I've done far too many of the things No-rae is doing now upon reaching my own realization. ^^;

joined Jan 13, 2015

I wonder why I happen to see less black highlights (the spoiler thing) recently...
anyways.. about the promise....Yeah, Norae had promised that...well of course, No Rae won't be acting like that forever though..*hope so..* (Seol-A will be doing something for it...haha. xDD She's getting irritated lately) But somehow,I guess Norae had realized to herself that she likes Seol-A in a very different way so she tries to avoid.. some girls does the ignoring method to lessen the infatuation ((based in personal experience..)) (... and she could be in denial stage or in confusion since she's straight... (I agree what other said that No-Rae might be avoiding because she's afraid.) Norae is been putting malice for every of Seol-a's moves! like the clinging or the touching! <3

I can't wait for another chapter..can't wait for Monday or late Sunday! <3<3<3

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'm kind of hoping that the next chapter would be about No-rae's past

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's weirdly ironic that now that there aren't spoiler tags being used here, it's now easier for me to monitor the thread without being spoiled. Funny how things work out, eh?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Indeed ;)

joined Feb 22, 2015

@Anon Of course. Just saying that if they fought and made up in like 1.5 chapters, I'd find that a bit bad... Can't word it better but I think you understand.

And yeah, I feel you about Citrus, I found Citrus fodder tier in terms of the yuris I've read. Oh god, I hear them coming! I better hide!!!

@Hypocritical Liar Damn. It's the same for me. Probably about 30-35 weeks would've been sooooo gooooooood reading a crap ton of chapters in one go, hahahaha. No. Cliff. Hangers.

I'd feel bad if the 'special chapter' is a .5 chapter. Hopefully, it's really a 'special' chapter.

@Halmoni That ungrateful prick.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 1:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.