Forum › Posts by halmoni

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hey y'all I made a gofundme page for buying Ssamba a cintiq tablet. Check it out at https://www.gofundme.com/flutteringfeelings

Any help at all would be appreciated. Most of Ssamba's recent blog posts have been translated at http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/tagged/ssamba

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 7:22PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

This. Thanks, Halmoni. I'm in my final weeks of the semester and it's been hard.

Good luck!

Given that FF is on a permanent hiatus, and everyone knows that the end game is Seol-a and No-rae, how do you guys cope up with the missing parts of the story?

Curling up in a corner and crying tbh

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I personally don't think sending your messages to Ssamba is a good option. You can't expect everyone to send her positive messages. She may need to go through reading a few negative ones in order to reach yours. You remember the top comments on Comico about her hiatus, right? Is it not highly likely that the owners of those comments may also send her messages? I think I'm talking about posting on her blog.

So in other words you want someone or some group to monitor every single message that is going to be sent to Ssamba, in order to ensure that no meanie weenie says something rude? Listen, if some doucheface is gonna tell a cancer patient to eat shit and die in a hole, that's pretty fucking rude but there's no law in the world that explicitly says "You cannot be a doucheface". It's humanly impossible to filter through every message, especially if we want them delivered asap. We cannot force people to send messages to some select moderators instead of sending them directly to Ssamba either.

Sorry to break it to you, but frankly I think it's incredibly stupid to try and create some sort of safe space on the internet because you don't want people to get their feelings hurt. Freedom of speech is a thing too.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yes, you're totally right, I guess we went a bit overboard :')
There is some tension between you and dynasty scans, ehehe ^-^'''''''''''' (?)

There's only so much disrespect and immaturity I can handle before I just say "fuck it", y'know?

From what I've seen on the wdfs thread, you're one of the few people who have respectable and interesting opinions. So yeah keep it up I enjoy reading your comments.

I think sending direct messages to Ssamba in English or other various languages might have more of an impact; it'll really emphasize the fact that international fans are out there, and that we care.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We've all seen some English being used in FF, and I'm sure Ssamba is more than capable of understanding basic English.

Honestly, asking a translator to translate every single comment ever seems like an overwhelming task, and time is of the essence. Compiling the comments and sending them to comico seems like the best idea so far. All Ssamba wants to do is meet FF's fans, so I'm pretty certain whatever you people write in your comments won't matter individually, as long as it isn't something offensive. Ssamba would be overjoyed just knowing that FF has fans overseas.

In case it wasn't clear in what maepkIIm wrote, you can only send physical, actual letters to comico, not digital messages. If you want to send Ssamba a direct message in a timely fashion, I would suggest making a naver account and leaving a comment on Ssamba's blog.

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 11:33PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but I just found out WDTFS is on the English Lezhin website. It's pretty behind (the English is on chap. 33). Will halmoni keep translating the Korean chapters for us? Or should I start finding a way to refund my coins and buy the Lezhin-translated chapters once they catch up?

Send me a message on my tumblr for further instructions on how to get my translations (halmoniswag.tumblr.com)

A lot of people here seem to be reading other public translations, but if you prefer my style/coherency/whatever, I've translated all of the current chapters.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

sia ue
It's already pretty clear they're scared to take on Thiaguinho-sama face-on lol. I don't blame them though; have to roll up those sleeves and dig your heels in to face those "walls of text" hehe

It's pretty sad that some people here have no idea who I am or why I chose not to reply on this site lmao

If anyone wants to confront me or have a logical discussion then feel free to message me on my tumblr; it's not that hard.

But yeah have fun circlejerking yourselves in this little corner while talking shit about me cause I really don't give a fuck

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

And that, my friends, is getting Nya-chan a topic ban for the week. Rules 1 and 4 apply.

All posts from you between now and next Sunday in this thread will be deleted.

Asking others not to reply to their existing posts, since it's not fair while they can't respond.

JUSTICE PREVAILS ty Nezchan

I don't have anything against FF criticisms, but please keep it civil. Don't expect people to reply to you in a respectful manner if you don't show the same respect. Sarcastic or patronizing remarks =/= disagreements about the actual manhwa (i.e. "Yawn totes nothing happened in this chapter again AS USUAL" =/= I'd prefer if Ssamba changed the pacing of the story or if we could see more development of X").

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm trolling you. Specifically you. Because I dislike the way you try to silence criticism of your favorite series by calling anything that deviates from mindless praise "shit" and other names.

You keep on taking the bait. You're way too predictable.

It would be so easy to ignore me. Please do.

And people, refrain from shipping us, because I'd rather die.

jfc the cringe is real...

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Seol-a is now at the stage of "What if a confession ruins our friendship?"

Congrats for evolving from the "What is this feeling?" stage.

This isn't even her final form!

I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or hilariously failing at being funny

But I'd advise against posting shit like this if your only goal is to bring non-constructive negativity to this discussion

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 2:47PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

"nothing happens" the chapter - http://pastebin.com/gc5dLdV6

seol-a my poor bby y do your inner monologues always kill me

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Honestly, I think Ssamba didn't plan how to make the relationship progress.

Lol I woke up this morning and saw a tumblr post from sasha-andherpotatoe

I think sasha-andherpotatoe might've paraphased the description's translated text from a long time ago and made that picture lol, because it's not there anymore. But it does sound familiar as I've usually had my Chrome browser "translated" the Comico page.

It's almost like half the people here never even bothered to read the description smh

Thanks for posting this screenshot tho

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't think complaining at this point is "just for sake of complaining" or being salty with the pacing.. Chapter 65. we re already in chapter 65. And No-rae and Seol-a are still on the friend-zone stage. The heck? Isn't FF only slated for 100 chapters? The story's momentum is up. down, up, down. I don't know. It seems that Ssamba can't keep the tension building. There were so many times. It felt like Seol-a will confess already and then on the next chapter. It seems all the momentum and tension that was build up is already lost.

It wouldn't be accurate to categorize No-rae and Seol-a's relationship as to still being in the "friend-zone stage". I'd personally argue that they've never really been in the friend zone stage, because that would imply that one was intentionally trying to repress any romantic progression in the relationship due to the fact that they didn't see the other as a potential romantic interest. Being friends and being in the friend zone are two different things.

The best expression to describe their relationship, even more so after Seol-a realized her feelings, would be "썸타는 시이다"/"They're doing/in a 'ssome' relationship". There's no real English equivalent for that phrase, but it's essentially used to describe two people who like each other and flirt/whatnot, but they're not in a relationship.

FF is a slice of life manhwa. I don't expect Ssamba to reveal every detail of every character's life, especially if it isn't necessary. What, were people expecting Seol-a to suddenly confess to No-rae and suddenly progress their relationship the night they slept in No-rae's room? Or that they'd kiss and confess to each other because of the sexual tension? If it's a detail that Ssamba chose to skip, it's because it wasn't necessary for the story's development.

It literally says in FF's description that it's the story of the "ssome" of two girls who get closer without realizing it. Genres include romance, slice of life, and drama. I don't expect FF to suddenly deviate from what the author is advertising it to be.

personally I don't want FF to come to the point where our two heroine could offer more story content (than the teasing and flirting) but can't anymore because of the remaining limited chapters.

And there we go. You don't enjoy FF's slow pace because it's not something that you personally want. You're expecting it to be something different than what it's always been/what the author has been doing for the past year. Would it be nice if we had faster development and more exploration into No-rae/Seol-a's relationship after they're officially together? Yeah sure. But it's not an expectation that I'm needlessly pushing onto Ssamba, because if that isn't the story that they're trying to tell, I'm more than okay with that.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I wish I could just do what halmoni does and just be like "lol @ all the salt" but it feels like there's a higher than usual amount of complaining about the pace this week (I guess people got their hopes up due to the hiatus) which is a little disheartening to someone like me who comes here to read discussion/meta and be excited about the series. I don't want to be all "no negative opinions allowed" but at the same time the pacing argument has been rehashed so many times it's tiring... for those who are dissatisfied with the pace, do what NicLarkin suggested (but I'm saying this with complete sincerity not sarcasm), lower your expectations. Or channel your frustrated energy into drawing/writing the *ahem* action you want to see ;) This fandom could always use more fanworks.

All you need are a pair of shades bruh they'll make you immune to all of the salty tears

tbh like you said, the "omg ff is so slow WHERE R THE CONFESSIONS AND THE KISSES SSAMBA PLS" complaint shows up at least once every week, so it's just something that I've learned to ignore. Yes, FF is slow; in other news, water is wet. Wowzers! I guess there are people who don't enjoy this slow slice-of-life pace, but even after 65 chapters they're expecting it to pick up and change somehow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

cry moar salty tears - http://pastebin.com/Q9VcB8YW

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if their relationship progressed without a confession. That's the sort of vibe I'm getting from Seol-a, anyways.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Google Translate

Hello ssipba imnida -
Kim grow because the dome is not jomji triplet budeuk Oh hyage
Yibin main excuse was feeling meun hongjae dungjjae -
Sorry
Moody's Boutique sealed dokji tune deurimni di-

I mean really thanks halmoni. Even with this short bit of text, online translation is completely useless.

LOLOLL omg that made me laugh a little too hard

damn I can't compete with google translate...it's surpassed me already in so many ways

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hiatus this week: http://pastebin.com/8YrcUxBT

"Hello, this is Ssamba.
I haven't been feeling very well due to a cold, so inevitably
Fluttering Feelings is on hiatus this week.
I'm sorry.
I kindly ask for your understanding."

I hope Ssamba gets better but damn it's like they knew I had midterms this week

Wow all of these salty tears I'm lovin it

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 10:56AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

happy singles awareness day - http://pastebin.com/VNMKCw63

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@ halmoni

Thank you as usual for your translation.

Very minor question for the translation:

I know that you mostly always preserve as much as possible the punctuation when translating, right down to preserving the number of dots in ellipses. (This also makes it easier for people to "match" the translation back to the dialog bubbles.)

But I noticed this little part...

Seol-a: I'll wash up and come back. You could look for something decent to watch while I'm gone.
Seol-a: And for your information, I won't watch it if it isn't a melodrama.

In the 2nd line, in the original dialog, it ends with a question mark:

Was this intentional?

Yeah sometimes it's phrased as a question in Korean but it's hard to translate it as a question into English. I guess if you wanted to keep the question mark it would be something like "I won't watch it if it isn't a melodrama, okay?". Sometimes a question is phrased with a period too, which is why I have different punctuation sometimes in my translations. The punctuation mostly serves to give the phrase a certain tone or intonation (so it could use either a period or question mark), but it's hard to do that in English lol

halmoni Uploader
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

ewqrwrqwerq - http://pastebin.com/PVuZvQPY

Anybody else thinks it's ironic how the only drawn kisses in this 60 + chapters yuri manhwa is this:

And this:

Ssamba is trolling us. :P

FF is yaoi wtf are you talking about No-rae is a guy

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@FFF

Thanks Halmoni for translation (and not meaning to be ungrateful) I think the bubble where Seol-A calls No-Rae about snowboard doesn't translate well: sorry and always grateful for your quick translation.

An alternate translation of the part "so you do you" would be something like "I'll be doing my own thing" (implying "so go ahead and keep hanging out with your friend"). Dunno if that sounds any clearer to you?

Literally it says "You do it your way", or "You do it however you want to do it", which more or less implies "Whatever"/"Suit yourself"/"Have it your way"/etc. It doesn't necessarily say anything about Seol-a's actions in particular, she's commenting on No-rae's actions in a sort of sarcastic/"I give up" manner. 네 (you) =/= 내 (me), although they're homophones in written speech (but not in common spoken speech).

Usually when I'm translating a rough draft I tend to go for the most literal translation possible, so it's good to see feedback on what lines I need to clarify or change for the final drafts. I couldn't really think of anything else other than "you do you (boo boo)" cuz I'm a ghetto ass ho but yeah I'll probably adjust that line later to something less ratchet.

Dose anyone know excatly how old norae and seola ...i mean i thought they were around 21 but they both went on year break in austrelia so must be 22 right ?

On a character bio page No-rae was listed as being 23. This is most likely in Korean age, because a lot of people in Korea still use this system, so it's more familiar for readers (it might confused Korean readers if the ages were in Western age). Your Korean age is your western age that you'll be turning that year + 1 (i.e. if I'm turning 22 this year, I'm currently 23 in Korea). Your age changes on New Years day (January 1st), along with everyone else.

Considering how we're probably near January/December in FF's current timeline, I'm guessing No-rae is 22 but she'll be turning 23 next spring. Seol-a is most likely the same age as No-rae, but a couple of months younger (her birthday is in the fall).

I too would like that their relationship grows a bit and no end how many yuri manga at last page with the first kiss and the rest to the imagination.
Ssamba please, no ...

They're gonna have their first kiss in chapter 100 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Jan 29, 2016 6:54PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I for one am getting tired of the unnecessary forced drama between halmoni and Nya-chan. The author obviously is just trying to keep the two of them at each other's throats longer before they can realize their true feelings for each other!

And also, what's up with both Nezchan and kyra showing up at nearly the same time???? Are we expected to believe that this is a mere coincidence?!! Hah! They were obviously there just to advance the plot in an artificial manner! PLOTZ DEVAISU!!!

... Confession next week mebbe? ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

#nyamoni #my-otp #yuri #oh-w8-my-bad-i-meant-shoujo-ai-lolo #dat-catfight-scene-tho

anon pls I'd rather kill myself lmao

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Okay now don't be like that, if this was any other serie people would have whined and complained a lot about how when ex-bf with perfect timing interrupted the confession and again now that he is in the same ski resort are forced drama, but because it's FF everyone acts as if it's perfect and without any problems or cliches, seriously guys, someone makes a criticism and what some of you do? Mock the person? Some pages ago some pretty much offended and acted agressive towards Nya-chan because she have a different opinion, this is starting to become fandumb, you guys are making me think of Narutards and Bleachtards, acting as if FF is the best thing ever made and anyone who don't agree is an idiot who doesn't know anything, I like FF as much as all of you do, but it's not perfect and definitely not above criticism, so chill out guys, cause it's really embarassing how some of you are acting against some people, mainly Nya-chan now because the rest even gave up after some time because of how some of you react to criticism.

Late response but the problem I had with Nya-chan's "criticisms" were that they were worded in a very passive aggressive bitchy/sarcastic manner, so it was a given that no one responded seriously. If you make a stupid comment every week about something painfully obvious or you can't justify said comment with evidence, what's the point? To provoke others by saying shit like "Oh look at me I'm a speshul snowflake who doesn't suck Ssamba's dick hurr durr"? You can have a thoughtful discussion about the story without using a blatantly disrespectful tone.

The most ironic thing about this whole matter is that the one person who complains every week will still come back to read the chapters. That's what I don't understand. If I think something is garbage, then I have enough brain cells to know that I'd rather not torture myself by reading it.

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 2:00PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I havent read but I'd just wanna be the first to thank you for translating so fast.

my secret to fast translations is staying up until the chapter is released soooo yeah gonna go sleep now ugghHHh