Forum › Posts by Random Reader

joined Nov 30, 2011

Anybody else see Ciel as Superman??

And, I wonder if Lillian is a person isekaied into the story?

last edited at Sep 2, 2023 9:41PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Great story and had a very enjoyable read! Hiroko was probably my favorite the entire way through. Wish we got a better look into their life together outside of work but, oh well! Great ending.

(P.S. We all know Ayaka got Hiroko that night)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda glad it didn't end with a kiss at the end since there was no hint from our plain manager. Wouldn't have made sense. Cute series though.

joined Nov 30, 2011

...What sort of an absolute psychopath goes to watch a movie at 8:30 in the morning!?

Pre-covid had saw theaters promoting cheaper seating for early shows.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Whoever Kanna turns out to be, the real important thing here is that she has short bangs, and they look AWFUL.

Also, if the handwritten, non-super-typeset English in the bubbles between was in the raw as-is, then serious kudos; that's a pretty natural-sounding exchange with no grammatical bumps.

They are in the raws as is. Just went a looked.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more. Like wtf?! That's VERY selfish and controlling. I get wanting to not be an assassin but to ask your s.o. to quit their job for you to hang out more??... wth. (Also, she's a student so she must be busy herself =/.)

I personally think this is genius in the story for her to be a high schooler. This makes her naivete and optimistism make sense as she's still a teen and the closeness with her dad make sense. But more importantly... this is a grown-ass woman dating a high schooler, getting her romance and only reciprocal (unlike with the priest) human interaction from a teenager. This signals the tragedy and creepiness of the character : even if no one had to die, the "desired" outcome would be a fully adult woman who's deeply traumatised and alone consuming a relationship with a teenage girl, which is messed up!

My brain must be fried. I thought she was in college @_@....

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Interesting story so far and good art. The premise is alos pretty cool too. Not much of a religious person and often turned off by its use but I may stick this story out.

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more. Like wtf?! That's VERY selfish and controlling. I get wanting to not be an assassin but to ask your s.o. to quit their job for you to hang out more??... wth. (Also, she's a student so she must be busy herself =/.)

joined Nov 30, 2011

I play quite a few:
Star Wars d20 & Edge of the Empire
Warhammer Fantasy 4e
Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy 2e
Shadow of the Demon Lord
Mork Bork
Legend of the Five Rings
Zweihander
Pathfinder 2e

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
Shenketsu-1642995313894883328-img1

They never became a couple. There was a lot of heavy flirting but then Bang said Loba was a friend and gave her the cold shoulder and Valk literally swooped in on Loba. I also stopped playing at this point so I have no idea where they are at lol.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Kase really just put her entire move-in with Yamada on hold because of Fukami's selfish challenge.

I would be livid if I was Yamada. Kase should have known better than to accept such a challenge. This is really poorly done drama. Would have made way more sense to kick up the drama while they lived together than doing it this way -_- ....

At this point I would like Yamada to get some more independence and tell Kase, "I found a place and you can either move in with me or continue living with Fukami, whom you clearly care about more than me." Because honestly, from Yamada's perspective, Kase came across as a 2-timer here. Wtf.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 10:37PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Is it weird I though the one girl was a ghost? lol

I was about 90% sure she was a ghost who couldn't pass on until she fell in true love.

Same. Expected the girl to be a ghost and have a bittersweet sad ending.

Random Reader
VAMPEERZ discussion 05 Mar 11:31
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn. That chapter was really good! And figured she was ancient Mesopotamian or thereabouts. Looking forward to how this all wraps up!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome in concert!

joined Nov 30, 2011

I had to look up what OTP meant.

Oh god, the internet's gone on and left me behind

They days of tumblr are over old man

With what's happening to the bird-hole thanks to Musk Man I'm not so sure

Tumblr is still very active.

Also, love how he is looking out for them and just waiting till they become a couple.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Pretty sure the store is named, "On Me" and not "Omne".

joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow I feel called out or seen by this chapter because that's basically why I read teen romance.

When I see teens holding hands in RL if feel happy for them and a bit happier myself because it reminds me of the youth where all feelings were stronger. I think that's universal. Even if my own youth wasn't perfect in any way, I can't help missing some of it.

And as someone who works in healthcare I feel "decayed" is exaggerated but not wrong. We all decay eventually and can only make the best of the hand were dealt.

Same here. I'm in my mid-thirties and the decay line gave me a good laugh.

And I work at a non-profit and got wiped out by the pandemic lockdown and post-lockdown pandemic caused issues.

So, while the thirties should be fun, I am exhausted and feel 5-10 years older than I really am...also doesn't help that I am on average, 5 years older than most of my coworkers lol... -_-

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
101259327_p0

No, I find that the majority of fans like Robin's pre timeskip look and universally do not like hoe he draws female characters. I rarely find people defending their designs to be anywhere close to a majority.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
Kinky_lamby-1581930615641079809-img1

It was built in the ship yards of Yuri Port where many a ship are built from not even a whisp or a hint of interaction. We make due and build for ourselves knowing many do not set sail and the few that due, rarely reach the far horizon. Thus we keep the ships moored where we can interact with them to our hearts content, even if they were never meant to sail from the start.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I like how this manhua manages to show that Xiaoen is very good at her job without needing other characters to constantly comment on it. She'll need those people skills to break through to Xingyuan lol.

Same here! It's a nice change of pace where you get to actually see her running the farm and supporting the community.

It's like a reverse, "hate the player but don't hate the game," instead of, "hate the player but don't hate the game" that the local community seems to take with her (but not so much hate as in friendly teasing imho.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Chinese manhua are always so pretty and full-colored but they always move much too fast compared to the novel!! The story is so much more developed in the novel + extra details on both sides POV (MC and female lead) so I really recommend reading the novel: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4677684 (official site). For those who can't read Chinese, MTL is your only choice but do give it a shot!

What's MTL?? Do you have a link to an English translation?

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
Marceline2174-1457102833329704960-img1

Liara is the only good femshep ship because Bioware chickened out in femshep x Female romances after Fox News cried about their initial romance on ME1. That's why you get the flings with Traynor and Kelly in ME2 & ME3 but nothing significant =( ... Broward apparently had mostly fleshed out and completed romances for Miranda and Jack but did last minute cuts thanks to their fear of Fox News -_-...

I say all that because I am doing my first playthrough ever with Femshep and was wondering who I could romance. I did nome research.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
Marceline2174-1487763392467456004-img1

It's about Space Lesbian Necromancers, if anyone is curious.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Looking for city girl x country girl yuri. Oneshot or series, doesn't really matter. Thanks!

Wish I knew of any to recommend. I am still currently making my way through the Korean and Chinese stuff on other sites.

Oh!!! I remembered one! The Universe's Most Jealous Goddess, appears to have the criteria you are looking for. Not much in the way of "country side" is discussed but the MC is from a rural area... I think.

*Edit- Shouldn't post at 1:40 in the morning @_#

last edited at Dec 10, 2021 12:18PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Reading the lastest Sora x Haena afterstory has me wanting more Tsundere x Tsundere romance. Anyone have a good series or oneshot they like?

Just caught up on this one. I suspected they would get together but yikes!! I wish I was told I would need to put the a/c on after that one shot.

I also just finished Serenade. It was pretty crazy and frustrating in some moments but overall I liked it. I wish though, the ending was extended by at least another chapter, I hate when they end at the last kiss or hug with an entire story clearly showing some timeskip or some will they won't they bs for an entire run. Not sure how I feel recommending it but, there it is lol.

On Webtoons, there are a few that I am currently reading (there are more but these are my top favorites atm):
1. Muted - https://www.webtoons.com/en/supernatural/muted/list?title_no=1566
2. Blindfold - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/blindfold/list?title_no=173612
3. What are the Chances - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/what-are-the-chances/list?title_no=480113
4. Vowrune - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/vowrune-gl/list?title_no=430737
5. Kiss it Goodbye (Completed) - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/kiss-it-goodbye/list?title_no=443703
6. Dice Love - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/dice-love/list?title_no=279377
7. The Queen and the Woodborne (Sunstone author) - https://www.webtoons.comen/challenge/the-queen-and-the-woodborn/list?title_no=502306
8. Mage x Demon Queen (of course it would be included in this list) - https://www.webtoons.com/en/comedy/mage-and-demon-queen/list?title_no=1438

I have also been consuming an unhealthy amount of Jaina Proudmoore x Sylvanas Windrunner fanficts lately. Like an unhealthy amount -_-... (if you are interested, Vintage and Heart of Ash are really good, can find them on AO3).

Hope these help!!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This is adorable.