Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
Shiromuchi discussion 27 Mar 12:10
joined Nov 30, 2011

Errrr....

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I wonder if, after this chapter, Seol-a will ban No-rae from drinking like that.

As for the discussion on the whole Sungpyo wanting to stay with No-rae. He really overstepped his boundaries with that one. Calling him a jerk or a douche for that is a little much. However, he was veeery stupid and I agree, somewhat rude toward Seol-a but not to the point of being a jerk. His demeanor lead me to thinking that he was not doing so intentionally. But he was being stupid in thinking that he was going to stay the night and take care of her. Honestly, I can only really seeing a male staying with a female in that situation if he has no way to contact her closest friends or family to come and watch her. That or he's in a relationship with her and can be trusted (as others said). I feel like we've got another 5 chapters before things are fully resolved with Sungpyo. I just hope it's concluded well as so far, this arc has been somewhat disappointing in showing why No-rae reacted the way she did when they broke up.

Random Reader
Lily Love discussion 23 Mar 02:13
joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda glad it didn't get too dark there. I've had enough issues reading stories that started out light-hearted and then randomly turn quite dark and or very serious for a time only to return to the light-heartedness later on. It's kinda jarring. I think this is a fair enough conclusion to the debacle. It seems Ploy has a bit of an abrasive, possibly very selfish personality herself so this is a bit of a two-way street.

Random Reader
Image Comments 26 Feb 02:33
joined Nov 30, 2011
48822877_p9

Urashi C. Pin
I almost thought they were sitting on corpses

I thought the same thing!!

last edited at Feb 26, 2016 2:33AM

Random Reader
Collectors discussion 26 Feb 02:30
joined Nov 30, 2011

Awesome, thanks for the reply :)

joined Nov 30, 2011

Did she say what she wanted to possibly do or give a hint as to why she was considering it?

Random Reader
Collectors discussion 23 Feb 04:02
joined Nov 30, 2011

Just wanted to know what's happened with this series? Anyone have any news?

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I just hope we see them as a couple before the series comes to a conclusion. I'd be really miffed if we get the usual, kiss at the end and the series is finished. Love the whole series but I'm really hoping that the ending isn't so.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Hmmm... well Samurai Jack is getting a new season soon so I don't need to worry there.

Both Thundercats and He-Man had remakes but both fizzled sadly (I'm more sad about Thundercats tbh). She-ra might be a good one actually.

Lastly, I would have LOVED to have gotten more Batman Beyond. Cyber-punk batman was such a great idea, too bad it got cancelled early in season 3.

That's all I've got right now for American cartoons.

As for anime...... Great Teacher Onizuka, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and Berserk could use remakes because 1), G.T.O. leaves waaay too many great moments out! 2), YKK is just such a fantastic anime that the OVA, while very good, left too much out. And 3), Berserk's original anime series perfectly captured the tone but again, left waaay too much out and definitely could have gotten more season out of it before a certain moment.

Random Reader
Lavender discussion 18 Feb 02:25
joined Nov 30, 2011

Is lavender the color of her underwear? I totally love that color... >_>

Just reread it thinking I missed something lol >_<

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Still feels like we're getting waaay tooo much of Seol-a's point of view here. I'd like to see more of No-rae's. Also, I hope this explains more of what made No-rae cry her heart out and then run to Australia. That flashback of her and her ex's relationship was underwhelming and really didn't have any emotional impact imho. I was expecting a lot more out of it but no, not a whole lot really happened in those scenes that sold me on them having a great relationship. Hell, those brief pictures Seol-a saw did more to show me how close the two were than the flashbacks. I also think they never really had closure and the resort will be a confusing mess of emotions in which the ex tries to date No-rae again and No-rae tumbles for a second and then lets him down....hopefully without the need for a bat.

Also, I enjoy seeing Ina being silly and goofy than the calm and cool boss lady we saw in the previous chapters. I wonder how she'll handle all this drama she literally watched unfold before her.

It seems that No-rae is really scared that Seol-a will leave her. I get the distinct feeling that the ex will continually "bump" into No-rae by coincidence and taking up her time. Seol-a will be left alone with Ina and we'll see some heart to heart but, unless Ina directly interferes, I suspect that Seol-a will up and leave without telling No-rae and No-rae gets scared shitless by it and chase after Seol-a. (Best guess¯_(ツ)_/¯.)

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 12:50AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Law & Order is one of those shows where you don't need to watch previous seasons.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Utoptia

Still, I'd advise you to stay friend with her. Just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she's suddenly boring or anything.

Someone close from you who likes yuri and who you can talk about it isn't easy to come by, trust me.

Indeed, if you stop being friends with her over that, it just illustrates that you were only interested in what you could get from her and that you don't think her friendship was worth much to start with. Which is kind of a scummy thing to do.

Calling it scummy, I think that's a bit harsh ... First we don't know the circumstances nor her feelings. She should stay friends with her indeed, but sometimes you can't stand being just friend w/ someone you like or even love (even if it doesnt look like it's her case) ... I think.

I don't think it's harsh to use scummy. It's good that that is being pointed out to Cooldudeshitlord because many people don't learn this for a looong time. Essentially Cool is using that person and not seeing them as a whole, but only a part for Cool's own purposes.

@ Cooldudeshitlord

Never assume that because you message someone via social media, text, or email and they don't answer right away that it is a bad thing. It's a DAY, not weeks or months or years. No need to freak about it. People aren't obligated to answer you right away nor are you obligated to answer them right away either.

woah, this thread blew up. first of all, we werent really friends in the first place. i want to tho (though a foray into the realm of a romantic relationship would be preferred), , but we never get a chance to talk. we used to be in the same biology class, as previously mentioned, and i only really talked to her in the last week of the semester. a week of talking about yuri and comics in a one-hour class period aint exactly enough to warrant being friends, i think. i mean, at the end of the year, i gave her my email (for lack of better option bc she didnt have skype), and she never messaged me.

anyway, i must attend to my mac & cheese. its 3 am, im putting off doing some homework, and i wanna watch some more octodad letsplays.

Didn't mean to come across as rude Cool. Not my intention. But just figured I'd let ya know that them not getting back to you on any platform of communication was not a bad thing.

to be fair, nobody except penis-enlarging med companies and nigerian princes uses email, am i right.

/sarcasm ?? O_o

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

omnscient0

I implemented categories for the forums, so it is easier to go back and read topics not about chapter discussions. You can filter which category you view with the dropdown next to Post a New Topic, and when you create/edit a topic you can set the category for it.

Been quiet busy for the past month or so and just saw this. Very nice and thank you very much.

Random Reader
Where you from?~ 12 Jan 02:47
joined Nov 30, 2011

onyxpanda

In the most exciting city in the United States, Oakland California ;)

Ayyyyyy. live just right next door in Alameda.
Originally from Honolulu, Hawai'i, but moved when I was 5.

Oh snap! I go through Alameda regularly. I was born and raised in San Leandro lol. And to top it off, I'm part Hawaiian ;)

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 2:48AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Hope it works out for you two. Being in a long distance relationship can be tough if you don't have ways around it, or don't put a lot of effort into it. Good luck to both of you.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Oooooh the time is drawing near when these two begin having inclinations about each other. I'm betting the ski trip will definitely be a catalyst.

Random Reader
Their Story discussion 08 Jan 02:56
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn, why couldn't it stay smooth, easy and drama free till the end...

Well, to be fair, there is that crying picture.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Utoptia

Still, I'd advise you to stay friend with her. Just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she's suddenly boring or anything.

Someone close from you who likes yuri and who you can talk about it isn't easy to come by, trust me.

Indeed, if you stop being friends with her over that, it just illustrates that you were only interested in what you could get from her and that you don't think her friendship was worth much to start with. Which is kind of a scummy thing to do.

Calling it scummy, I think that's a bit harsh ... First we don't know the circumstances nor her feelings. She should stay friends with her indeed, but sometimes you can't stand being just friend w/ someone you like or even love (even if it doesnt look like it's her case) ... I think.

I don't think it's harsh to use scummy. It's good that that is being pointed out to Cooldudeshitlord because many people don't learn this for a looong time. Essentially Cool is using that person and not seeing them as a whole, but only a part for Cool's own purposes.

@ Cooldudeshitlord

Never assume that because you message someone via social media, text, or email and they don't answer right away that it is a bad thing. It's a DAY, not weeks or months or years. No need to freak about it. People aren't obligated to answer you right away nor are you obligated to answer them right away either.

Random Reader
Duel! discussion 02 Jan 03:03
joined Nov 30, 2011

Did this manga even get much attention anywhere?
This was translated months ago, feels like one of those that will be forever forgotten with just this chapter translated.

Like Baggata Way? ;_;

Don't remind me!! =( =(

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This chapter actually made me want to see the earth when humans cease to exist. And gosh dang how awesome would it be to get a movie with a setting where a robot is reminiscing of his/her loved ones that are no longer alive, while (IDK maybe) the other robtots are these emotionless critters among her/him and (s)he is just trying to fill the void left by his/her loved ones.

WALL-E or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 2:57AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Evilnemesis

That bathtub analogy is pretty good. But woah, 10 years dating and not living together.

I thought that was a great analogy too! And I'm in an 8+ year relationship myself and we're not living together. Circumstances can keep you apart but if you both work at it, it's completely possible.

Lastly, No-rae has been in love with Seol-a for quite some time now. However, we've spent far more time reading from Seol-a's point of view than No-rae's that, many seem to be forgetting this. I also think that No-rae did not realize Seol-a's harboring mutual feelings, I think she was just going, "woa! I really REALLY love this person." Sort of an, affirmation to herself about her feelings. The realization of mutual feelings will probably a much more significant event and not totally passed over.

Random Reader
Child Sweet discussion 25 Dec 06:51
joined Nov 30, 2011

Crazycatlady89

Why do manga characters always have the best sex dreams? I always wake up before anything good happens.

Mine are too damned vague to figure out what the hell is going on most of the time.

joined Nov 30, 2011

That was a pleasant read.

Random Reader
Lily Love discussion 15 Dec 01:41
joined Nov 30, 2011

My four pit bulls are looking at me crazy while I dance and read <3

!!! Four pits!!?? That's quite the pack you have there!