Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

What chapter was the shower kiss?

last edited at Sep 17, 2022 2:29PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I love this! Do you think the Satsuki is actually real? I mean, sorawos biggest fear would be satsuki, so the fact that only she perceives her kinda makes you wonder if she isnt just being played with.

Love the commentary! Hadn’t thought of this.

Also, anyone know what chapter Toriko mentioned her parents before?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Can't wait for Aya to realize that the only "guy" she ever liked is a girl and that she's actually a lesbian lol

Hear hear.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Somehow it has the young love/exploring nascent sexuality thing down pat. Enjoying that a lot.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Volume 2 is being released next week on the 19th!

Did volume 1 end with chapter 6?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Game could be breaking. Sort of like the world of fairytales illusion in Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

For fucks sake, I really hate this "dense protagonist" crap.
She goes out of her way to be close to you and spend time with you, so that must mean she TOTALLY needs a boyfriend...
Maybe I missed something, but this is really beginning to piss me off.

There is no route in the original to shack up with the villainess, and Yvonne knows that. A lot of the story is her being constrained by the game to hurt Elsa— why would she think that Elsa was freer than she was?

Obviously as the readers we know but Yvonne’s denseness at least has plot behind it even if many stories with the same density level don’t.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It is at 42 now. Hopefully more translation please? For whatever reason, the Japanese is more difficult to me than usual. I am tempted to subscribe, but I do not know if I can handle 35 chapters in Japanese. As for Korean.. no.

I read the Facebook translation (linked above) because even with a few mistakes and chunky wording the series is so good.

You do need to buy the sex chapter yourself but it’s cheap and needs no translation.

Tiger
Her Trap discussion 25 Apr 02:31
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ah, no! Don't fall in love with that ho!

I see a woman who enjoys a healthy sex life, who has several sexual partners, all consenting adults, all very happy with a "no strings attached" relationship.
You see a ho.
Your slut-shaming is bad and wrong. Please don't do this again.

Snop Dogg there might have wrongly resorted to name calling, but they make a valid point. One that had crossed my mind, as well. Terumi apparently likes transient relationships. A young inexperienced woman like Yasuko could easily mistake casual sex for love, which would most likely end in painful heart break for her, when Terumi inevitably moves on.
So to Yasuko I too say be careful not to fall in love with Terumi.

I enjoyed the story but I shared Johnb’s eloquently put concerns. I had to ignore the twinge in my heart at the worry I felt for Yasuko’s mental well being because although this is a) fictional, and b) a one shot, the danger is super real and typical and I had a hard time ignoring it.

It does not mean that one person is bad per se, but that in poor matches things can go wrong and it can break a story for some.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 2:33AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Does anyone else think it is possible that Elsa is ALSO a person from the real world reborn into the game?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

While the setup is going on long enough to make me uncomfortable, I have to hand it to the author that for someone who thinks she is straight, this setup would definitely tempt someone into fake dating gay.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^Have to agree. Yamada seems to have an overthinking and anticipation problem (whenever she DOES think about it, which isn’t usually until the last moment), but she has not yet backed out of it once Kase goes in for the kill and Yamada is doing little to no thinking anymore.

last edited at Apr 8, 2022 11:54AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Having sex without calling it sex sounds hilarious and I want to see it.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I am a Seungha appreciator and I can’t wait for the distraught Seungha edition.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

The West culturally rewards extraversion more than the East and the East has some sort of weird Idol culture going on too. Taking those factors into account is enough for me to suspend my disbelief and go “eh, maybe something like that bleeds in elsewhere” and assume that mangas just turn that “something” up to eleven.

Also I have seen it where someone in an American university is not more than an acquaintance with their department, not on bad terms with anyone, and yet also everyone knows who they are. She was really pretty and spoke in class often so I would say those two factors had a lot to do with it.

EDIT: No parties, no socializing after hours, not bubbly, not Hinata-like.

last edited at Mar 30, 2022 6:26PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Blackouts are a real thing, but so are “brown outs” where you don’t even look drunk anymore while doing it and can lose memories from the next day. If I recall correctly, brown outs were caused over time from habitual heavy drinking and not something you could get from a one time incident. Pretty rare, but people who start getting them know pretty quick that they need to stop drinking forever.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

"Do I look that bored to you?"
I hope Seungha realizes/learns that she looks like shes having a lot of fun at the expense of Chaeyeon.

“Do I look that bored to you?” Actually means something like “Are you joking? I have a lot better things to do with my time than hang out and bother people I hate” in this context but with a lot more nuance and poetic wording. No idea what she said in either the Korean or Japanese but in the translation she’s pretty much saying something close to a denial (or precursor to a denial) of Chaeyeon’s accusation.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Feels like we're making some progress now, but the question response to a question feels annoyingly coy to me. Just answer the question honestly, and say how you really feel.

If you are speaking of the last bit of dialogue in the chapter, Seungha is quite clearly having trouble recovering from what Chaeyeon just said and it’s a wonder the conversation is still going. It looks like she is trying not to tear up and cry.

As far as telling her how she really feels, Seungha has been really bold already. If saying she is interested hasn’t worked so far, I am curious what she is going to say that WILL get through to Chaeyeon. But first Chaeyeon is going to need to explain more unless Tima has Seungha read minds next chapter (because in so many years since what Seungha seems to remember is not the milk or apples, but her big gay crush and probably needs a refresher course on how fourth grade level flirting can be incompetent).

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 4:36AM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

For all we know Chaeyeon was telling the truth about not adjusting well. I mean, she did think that person in elementary was a guy. Finding out said person is actually the hot woman coming onto you would shock me too.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yuja is yuzu
/cos you guys are using jp honorifics for korean names lmao

The translation we're using is the Japanese one as the Japanese version has more content. However, it was "Yuja" in the Japanese version, as well, meaning that to keep it as "Yuja" was a deliberate decision by Tima, so we stayed true to it.

I don’t even care if they call the Maldives Morubiju like one manga translation I saw from another group.

Ah Shoot, that musta slipped past both our TL and QC. I'll have em look into it

Also, the other translation seems to be a double translation from Korean to Spanish to English and, though it's not terrible, it's also not that good, either.

Different group! Not you guys. You’re doing great.

Side note for everyone else I am 99% sure that Seungha has only the best intentions as an adult here and the fact that she is a horrible cook plus their past history is confusing Chaeyeon who just can’t believe Seungha actually feels that way and thinks that, although she finds Seungha attractive, this must actually be some elaborate game. At the same time, she is clearly attracted and isn’t asking her to stop flirting.

And I don’t think Chaeyeon was ever a lady killer under the facade. The persona seems entirely for show, at least so far.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don’t even care if they call the Maldives Morubiju like one manga translation I saw from another group. I won’t say people are not allowed to complain - I would not want that sort of environment - but I do want to chip in my two cents that I am perfectly fine with the translation choices.

Thanks a ton for the translation again! I love how aggressive gay Seungha is getting with Chaeyeon. Alas, she is getting viewed with the confusion of her child self’s weird not-quite-so-gay teasing.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Solid gold! Big thanks for translating!

Note for those reading too much into it: facial expressions are not universal and vary both from person to person and culture to culture. As Swallow has not outright stated her feelings for the reader to hear, only the author definitively knows what she is feeling on the shock scale. Pretty sure that is what the other user meant about the author’s part in interpretation.

My take: Swallow is easily embarrassed and has a nervous personality, which makes her more nervous when she cannot hide it (in front of Seungha especially). She just thinks she’s supposed to be cool even if that isn’t her. (And Seungha has her figured out on that front.)

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 09 Jul 01:12
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

As long as Nozomi and Miyu happens I’ll be reasonably satisfied with the rushed/axed ending.

Hikari remembering the snacks means she remembered Moe almost kissing her and lied the next day. For whatever reason (and there could be many), Hikari decided to preserve their “friendship” as it was and let Moe believe she was the only one who knew they almost kissed.

Would they have gotten together if this hadn’t been axed? I had been thinking that they would have, but of all the couples if someone was going to not work out I would have said they would be the most likely from the way the author wrote them.

Miyu and Nozomi though... from the way they were written they were clearly the author’s favorite in my book and I have a hard time believing she could just have them not get together. Hopefully the rush job in this chapter is to give them more space in the next, and something can be done to show us what was supposed to happen there.

If they do not get together then I worry for Kisugae’s heart. It’d certainly break mine to have to write that for those two.

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 20 Nov 17:16
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Gold mother right there. Bet she totally knows her daughter plays for both teams xd love this couple!

I would say that Aya’s life is complicated because she probably doesn’t play for both teams. At least until we get a confirmation either way, the Bisexual tag certainly applies to several characters here but for Aya...? Not sure.

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 29 Oct 01:22
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

https://www.manga.club/book/title/lilymarble-EN/

Author linked this, is it related to you guys/scan team? Confused if reading it here would support the author.

last edited at Oct 29, 2018 1:23AM