Ava_856745608
Girls in Boxes
joined May 7, 2014

Excuse me, credit page.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

oh hey credit page

joined Mar 25, 2013

This bugs me for some reason. Maybe it was how Risa made it Yuuko's fault about dressing up as a boy, even though she said to do it and blames her for being boy-like.

Or maybe something else I can't pinpoint. I don't know, but Risa kind of pisses me off.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This bugs me for some reason. Maybe it was how Risa made it Yuuko's fault about dressing up as a boy, even though she said to do it and blames her for being boy-like.

Or maybe something else I can't pinpoint. I don't know, but Risa kind of pisses me off.

It was definitely super gender normative which left a kinda bad taste in my mouth. Like Risa buys into traditional gender roles incredibly hard to the point she can't even perceive a tomboy as a girl and it's just a bit bizarre.

joined Feb 7, 2016

It was definitely super gender normative which left a kinda bad taste in my mouth. Like Risa buys into traditional gender roles incredibly hard to the point she can't even perceive a tomboy as a girl and it's just a bit bizarre.

Yesss I thought I was the only one while reading this-- the art is very nice and cute but if you're a tomboy you're still a girl-- you don gotta dress like a "girl" to be a girlfriend

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

I like how time-skip showed that they stayed together; Really dispelled the notion that it was just a temporary fad.

Also there's no need to be irritated by Risa, she was supposed to be a confused little girl.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

At first I was like "I wanna kill this girl.." then at the end "I want to kill her less now I guess >.>"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I like how time-skip showed that they stayed together; Really dispelled the notion that it was just a temporary fad.

Also there's no need to be irritated by Risa, she was supposed to be a confused little girl.

Oh I'm not condemning Risa, she's like 14-15 I don't expect her to have an in depth grasp of gender politics. I'm just saying that her stance was awkward and kinda uncomfortable for me not that she's like a bad person for holding it. She's a kid in a society that's pretty heavy on gender normative and heternormative values it's pretty unsurprising for her to have a kinda skewed perspective especially considering the dynamics of same sex relationships is hardly likely to be something she has any knowledge of.

joined Feb 7, 2016

Yea you have your point there, I'm glad they made it all the way to then!

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

I wouldn't say be upset at the fictional character here, but the narrative is still kind of unsettling. There were a lot of better ways they could have approached this. Hell, they could even use the exact same ending if they just made it really notable that Yuuko was only unwittingly a tomboy, but I don't feel like buying one little tie-up and wearing it randomly like that was quite enough to drive that idea.

Then again, they're kids and something like that does seem pretty probable. Nothing wrong with a bit of realism like that. It was cute as hell o3o

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:46PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

She wasn't all that confused. To me at least, sure she 'broke down' at the end, but I see that as more like something that was gonna be taken away from her and she started blaming Yuuka for stuff. Her inner monologue wasn't indicative of some deeper thought before Yuuka wanted to break it off, so I have a hard time of seeing her as confused. She wanted a substitute and got it in the form of Yuuka.

I did like the time-skip part though, it shows that she spoke the truth at least. Don't get me wrong, I like this one-shot, but Risa irks me with how she put the blame on Yuuka for not dressing 'girly' and stuff.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:47PM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

She wasn't all that confused. To me at least, sure she 'broke down' at the end, but I see that as more like something that was gonna be taken away from her and she started blaming Yuuka for stuff. Her inner monologue wasn't indicative of some deeper thought before Yuuka wanted to break it off, so I have a hard time of seeing her as confused. She wanted a substitute and got it in the form of Yuuka.

I did like the time-skip part though, it shows that she spoke the truth at least. Don't get me wrong, I like this one-shot, but Risa irks me with how she put the blame on Yuuka for not dressing 'girly'.

^ All of this. Also.. i think Yuuko is pretty cute even with short hair :)

Hmmm... Well i don't really get love that much and i'm not tryna be mean or anything like that, BUT in my opinion i too kinda see men in very male-looking tomboys(just the way they dress, act and most even look very MANLY O_O). To be honest if ya dress and act like "men" do('cuz like clothes are kinda made for each gender.. ) ya can't really expect some peopz like me to not see a "guy" standing there...! Only with strangers i'd think like that though XD

BUT OF COURSE if it's how tomboys wanna look like, that's not my problem! (i love looking a lil tougher too BUT with a lil but of feminine style to still look GURLY HOT in MY eyes) ;D

I still think Risa's way of viewing peopz regarding their sex is a lil shitty 'CUZ DAMN SHE GOT A FEMALE LOVER AND JUST CAN'T SEE HER AS A WOMAN?!? Why would she even date a tomboy if she's so into "boys are/look like boys, gurls are/look like gurls"?! XD

If miss tomboy actually wanted to look all "female" out of her OWN will to begin with and just changed her way of dressing and stuff at the end... That's totally OK too, BUT NOT if she's doing it to please her beloved! O_o

WOW I'M BEING ALL BUBBLY... Don't mind me! XD

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I think you guys are missing something really important here. Yuuko didn't want to be a tomboy. She didn't explicitly say that she wanted to be one. In fact, I'd say that she wanted to be more feminine as evidently she wanted to wear the same hairband Risa wanted.

I think this story is more about how Risa comes to the realization that she's actually really falling in love, with a girl too. She didn't ask Yuuko out because she knew she loved her. She simply asked Yuuko out because she didn't want to be single. And when Yuuko is talking about how she wants to be girly, Risa realized that she'd been seeing Yuuko as a replacement of her ex boyfriend all along. But at the same time she realized that she wants to stay with Risa, so she was being completely honest with Yuuko. I feel like you guys jumped the gun and went SJW on this too fast. This is about Risa coming to realization that she's in fact in love with Yuuko, who is a girl. The whole dressing up part was in response of Yuuko wanting to be more girly. There is no correlation as to Risa's feeling for Yuuko as a whole.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I don't doubt her feelings (at least that much), but the only thing that irked me was how she put the blame on Yuuka, even if it wasn't intended to be all that serious of an accusation. I mean she asked Yuuka for a reason after all.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:58PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I think you guys are missing something really important here. Yuuko didn't want to be a tomboy. She didn't explicitly say that she wanted to be one. In fact, I'd say that she wanted to be more feminine as evidently she wanted to wear the same hairband Risa wanted.

I think this story is more about how Risa comes to the realization that she's actually really falling in love, with a girl too. She didn't ask Yuuko out because she knew she loved her. She simply asked Yuuko out because she didn't want to be single. And when Yuuko is talking about how she wants to be girly, Risa realized that she'd been seeing Yuuko as a replacement of her ex boyfriend all along. But at the same time she realized that she wants to stay with Risa, so she was being completely honest with Yuuko. I feel like you guys jumped the gun and went SJW on this too fast. This is about Risa coming to realization that she's in fact in love with Yuuko, who is a girl. The whole dressing up part was in response of Yuuko wanting to be more girly. There is no correlation as to Risa's feeling for Yuuko as a whole.

I'm not questioning her feelings for Yuuko, it's pretty apparent that even if she originally viewed her as a placeholder for a boyfriend she did come to sincerely care for her. What's pretty uncool on her part is how she treats her near the end when Risa effectively blames Yuuko for her own inability to see Yuuko as a girl. That's just not a nice thing to say to someone. Like if she was less accusatory and owned the fact that it was a hangup on her part instead of making it seem like Yuuko was to blame for her own super narrow perception of what a girl can look like then I'd be a lot less irked by it.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:58PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

That slutty slut made her say sorry, Risa is such a dick or shit. I think it would be better if she dumped Risa. Risa will be in a great misfortune and live a shitty life until she meet a girl who is much much younger than her. That way It will be an age-gap and another dick hearth-breaker girl take what she deserves.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

That slutty slut made her say sorry, Risa is such a dick or shit. I think it would be better if she dumped Risa. Risa will be in a great misfortune and live a shitty life until she meet a girl who is much much younger than her. That way It will be an age-gap and another dick hearth-breaker girl take what she deserves.

Well that seems excessively hostile to a 14 year old.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Hmmm... Well i don't really get love that much and i'm not tryna be mean or anything like that, BUT in my opinion i too kinda see men in very male-looking tomboys(just the way they dress, act and most even look very MANLY O_O). To be honest if ya dress and act like "men" do('cuz like clothes are kinda made for each gender.. ) ya can't really expect some peopz like me to not see a "guy" standing there...! Only with strangers i'd think like that though XD

BUT OF COURSE if it's how tomboys wanna look like, that's not my problem! (i love looking a lil tougher too BUT with a lil but of feminine style to still look GURLY HOT in MY eyes) ;D

I still think Risa's way of viewing peopz regarding their sex is a lil shitty 'CUZ DAMN SHE GOT A FEMALE LOVER AND JUST CAN'T SEE HER AS A WOMAN?!? Why would she even date a tomboy if she's so into "boys are/look like boys, gurls are/look like gurls"?! XD

If miss tomboy actually wanted to look all "female" out of her OWN will to begin with and just changed her way of dressing and stuff at the end... That's totally OK too, BUT NOT if she's doing it to please her beloved! O_o

WOW I'M BEING ALL BUBBLY... Don't mind me! XD

This... This is gold.

joined Mar 15, 2016

I did touch on that, I just didn't think they went far enough in relating that. I also ended up conceding that maybe it should have been enough though since Yuuko is shy enough that even the one little hairdec was still a big step for her.

Still, bad tastes in the mouth are bad tastes. It takes a little mental effort to wash them out, and I feel like that's all we're trying to do here.

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

It comes off as weird since at the beginning, the angle appears to be that Risa views Yuuko as a boy only because she's projecting that image upon her, using her as a replacement for her old boyfriend. But at the end it switches track to her not being able to see Yuuko as a girl because she's too boyish.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

lmao dynasty-scans comments

joined Mar 15, 2016

lmao dynasty-scans comments

dealwithit.jpg

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Machigai's comment really cleared this up for me, lol. I'm glad I read this before looking at the comments, though.

While the story's narrative could've been done more clearly, I think that it does a good enough job at portraying confused teenage girls. Plus, the last page showing the future really helped dispel any remaining doubts about their relationship.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Okay once again, I'm going to explain why this story isn't promoting gender normative ideas.
Here are some things to consider:

• Risa didn't ask Yuuko out because she's in love with her. She only did that because she needed a replacement for her exBOYfriend.
  • Yuuko did not want to be a tomboy but goes along with it because she thought that's what Risa wanted.
  • Risa never once told Yuuko that she had to look a certain way. She only made an assumption that Yuuko enjoyed being a tomboy so naturally Yuuko should look the boy part for the cafe.
  • Risa actually admitted to not wanting to see Yuuko as a boy.
  • Risa did not realize her feelings for Yuuko until Yuuko made a comment about wanting to look like a girl but knowing Risa is looking for someone who look like a boy. Therefore, Yuuko did not think she could stay in a relationship with Risa.
  • Risa actually offered to help Yuuko to look more feminine not because that's what RIsa wanted, but it's what Yuuko wanted.

You have to realize this story is about Risa coming to the realization that Yuuko is a girl and that she's in love with Yuuko. The only gender normative stuff in this story is simply from the society around them. If anything I'd say this story promotes the opposite as evidently they both were in dresses at the end blatantly asking for couple's service in public. So what you are essentially missing from this story is Risa is in love with Yuuko no matter what she looked like. Risa is okay with whatever Yuuko wants to look like because she's in love with her and Yuuko is also returning the feelings. They had a misunderstanding stemming from miscommunication, and Risa took the first step to be honest with Yuuko. Admitting that she was using Yuuko as a replacement for an ex Boyfriend, and at the same time admitting that she wants to stay with Yuuko. She loves Yuuko even if she is a girl, or wants to dress femininely. I mean for god's sake, she was out and about asking for couple's service with the both of them dressing up in short skirts.

Look to the bright side, don't be super sjw on this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.