Forum › Looking at You Kinda Turns Me On 2 discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wow, my mind went blank during that kiss also! ^_^ so cute...the last page was kinda "meh" in comparison lol

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that was a quick six month wait. I could've sworn it was only a single day.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Needs a follow-up to kinda close the ends

joined Jul 8, 2013

I feel like Takemiya's works could be used as a tracker for when she's dating somebody. If this is true then that's amazing.

joined Dec 18, 2014

Yay for the sequel, this was quick.

Edit: YES, THIS IS THE FLUFFY HUMOR I WANTED! I doubt I was the only one internally screaming at the "end" on the bottom of page 14, but I'm glad at how well this worked out.

You weren't. I was like "WAAAAA??? NO!!" at page 14.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Oh God I'm blessed... Its heaven isnt it? T~T
this work is awesomly adorable :3

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I like make out session's in my yuri :3

joined Nov 30, 2011

That was a pleasant read.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Is this Takemicember?

Anyway, it was a letdown in my opinion. No real conclusion what so ever. And when it comes to turning on in the title, you would at least expect some good sex scenes. Nah.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

YuriLoveFan

I feel like Takemiya's works could be used as a tracker for when she's dating somebody. If this is true then that's amazing.

heh, that would be! so why not turn it into an experiment? when you get ahold a new release (either from the web or in print), see if there's more romance or more angst. i'd wager more romance means she's dating, while more angst means she's single (i.e. back to her old Takamiya Jin ways). what say you?

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 11:40PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

YuriLoveFan

heh, that would be! so why not turn it into an experiment? when you get ahold a new release (either from the web or in print), see if there's more romance or more angst. i'd wager more romance means she's dating, while more angst means she's single (i.e. back to her old Takamiya Jin ways). what say you?

Aren't her "old Tamemiya Jin ways" fluffy romance, given that's what all of her earliest stuff is?

Or does that fly in the face of the image of Takemiya Jin that resides solely in some people's heads?

joined Apr 15, 2011

YuriLoveFan

Aren't her "old Tamemiya Jin ways" fluffy romance, given that's what all of her earliest stuff is?

Or does that fly in the face of the image of Takemiya Jin that resides solely in some people's heads?

i'd say a bit of both Nez. she definitely has fluffy romantic stories, but imho that's only after angsting the hell out of the storyline. that plus i'll admit that i'm horribly biased and of late have only been reading the angsty stuff. i'm sure i could come to a different conclusion if i actually read all her works in chronological order based on publication date.

now lemme ask you this... are you gonna make a mountain outta molehill because of an opinion?

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 12:02AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

now lemme ask you this... are you gonna make a mountain outta molehill because of an opinion?

I'm just sick of this whole characterization of Jin as OMG THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGST because she's done a couple of stories that had drama in them, despite the great majority of her stories are either fluffy or have happy endings, and even when those happen the discussion is full of people going SINCE WHEN DOES JIN DO STUFF THAT'S NOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGST as if they've never read her stuff before.

I don't think I'm the mountain-builder here.

joined Apr 15, 2011

I'm just sick of this whole characterization of Jin as OMG THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGST because she's done a couple of stories that had drama in them, despite the great majority of her stories are either fluffy or have happy endings, and even when those happen the discussion is full of people going SINCE WHEN DOES JIN DO STUFF THAT'S NOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGST as if they've never read her stuff before.

ok, then all your A's were for dramatic effect and not for laying a foundation. good to know ;-)

with respect to Jin's use of angst and drama, i am not characterizing her as the angst-master. what i proposed was that an experiment be made measuring the amount of fluffy romance compared to more melodramatic angsty plots. based on the varying amounts, one of three things could be concluded: 1) if there's a serious amount of romance then unbeknownst to her fans, she's engaged in a blissful romance, 2) no conclusion because there was equal amounts to fluff vs. angst and ya just can't tell, or 3) the experiment and underlying hypothosis is utter bullshit, completely nonsensical and full of it. but in truth, who really cared. it's an experiment offered in jest. plus who cares if Jin writes mostly dramatic works or not. it makes a great excuse to read her work.

edit: ok, i'll even add in benefit of doubt here. after rereading my last sentence up above, i can see why you're... actually, i don't really understand why it bugs ya so much what people's characterization of Jin is assuming they have one. honestly, does it really matter?

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 12:45AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ok, then all your A's were for dramatic effect and not for laying a foundation. good to know ;-)

with respect to Jin's use of angst and drama, i am not characterizing her as the angst-master. what i proposed was that an experiment be made measuring the amount of fluffy romance compared to more melodramatic angsty plots. based on the varying amounts, one of three things could be concluded: 1) if there's a serious amount of romance then unbeknownst to her fans, she's engaged in a blissful romance, 2) no conclusion because there was equal amounts to fluff vs. angst and ya just can't tell, or 3) the experiment and underlying hypothosis is utter bullshit, completely nonsensical and full of it. but in truth, who really cared. it's an experiment offered in jest. plus who cares if Jin writes mostly dramatic works or not. it makes a great excuse to read her work.

edit: ok, i'll even add in benefit of doubt here. after rereading my last sentence, i can see why you're spouting a leak, but in truth, does it really matter?

More seriously, I expect the difference in tone in her stories has a lot more to do with what magazines she's publishing her work in (Yuri Hime, Le Rakuen, etc), or what audience she's aiming a particular doujin at, than anything to do with her personal life. Plus, the writer in me can identify with not wanting to write the same fluff piece over and over, just with different characters, and trying new things and new storytelling techniques instead.

And of course there's the side that says psychoanalysing someone via the internet is just tacky.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think that also happens with Amano Shuninta sometimes, she and Takemiya Jin have few mangas with angst, all the rest is fluffly or normal drama, for some reason there's always various comments as if all their mangas are full of angst but from what I remember not even 1/4 is like that, so I'm starting to think one of these happens:

1. People read one angst and don't remember they did few so they assume all are like that;

2. They actually didn't read all their works;

3. People are dumb and think drama = angst when they're completely different.

After seeing people whine about Jin and Shuninta angst for a long time I suspect it's option 3, seriously, I think it's already two years or more of whining about something that is obviously not true.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 1:16AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

ya answered before i could clarify my comment above. thanks cuz ya answered my underlying question.

More seriously, I expect the difference in tone in her stories has a lot more to do with what magazines she's publishing her work in (Yuri Hime, Le Rakuen, etc), or what audience she's aiming a particular doujin at, than anything to do with her personal life.

i agree with you to a point. i understand that a writer's imagination roams all over the place and isn't solely tied to their personal life; however, i also believe that pieces of one's life does influence ones' work. for example, at the end of Iroha ~Sweet~ (?), Takamiya-sensei prattles on about factoids that have nothing to do with the story. One in particular was about her height, why she stopped growing, and the fact that her sister grew to be taller than she. Now think about Girlish Sweet (?), one of her characters makes a similar comment about her height when compared to the sister (my apology for not having the exact example).

if that's not a good enough point, i liken writers to songwriters. songwriters don't only focus on events in their lives, but in many a case, they do draw from it.

Plus, the writer in me can identify with not wanting to write the same fluff piece over and over, just with different characters, and trying new things and new storytelling techniques instead.

i'd imagine you'd be a pretty boring and unoriginal person if that were the case. also, i'm gonna guess that many of the Jin fans here don't classify her as a 1-d writer, although much opinion is based on the order of what's released by the scanlation groups. as i mentioned in my previous post, if we were to read her works in chronological order, i'm sure much of the "surprise" when a fluffy story gets released wouldn't be as vocal as it was a few stories ago.

And of course there's the side that says psychoanalysing someone via the internet is just tacky.

yes it is, but like gossip and smut, it's sometimes too hard to resist ;-)

BTW, thank you for a thoughtful reply. it took me longer to reply than i wanted to because i really wanted to provide concrete examples. now of course i need to go reread all her work so i can come back and edit this comment. see, another good excuse to read Takamiya Jin... lol.

plus, i learned something very interesting about'cha. go figure :-)

joined Apr 15, 2011
  1. People read one angst and don't remember they did few so they assume all are like that;

2. They actually didn't read all their works;

3. People are dumb and think drama = angst when they're completely different.

After seeing people whine about Jin and Shuninta angst for a long time I suspect it's option 3, seriously, I think it's already two years or more of whining about something that is obviously not true.

i'm gonna push back on #3 especially since you're lumping everyone into that group. it's prolly more fair to say it's a combo of all three. yes ppl have short term memories, yes not everyone's read all their works, and yes some ppl equate angst with drama.

purest... i tell ya :-(

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I'm only going to say one thing about this discussion: The 3 Takemiya Jin stories that I personally translated were all light and fluffy (but with a touch of depth), what drama there was, was dealt with in the same chapter, and they were very fun reads. And also that Takemiya is probably my top favorite artist.

Oh, I guess that's two things. Yes I do think the image as an angst loving artists is undeserved, but I'll offer no supporting evidence at all. I'll let others do the arguing on that one.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Yes, good. I laughed after I cried this time around.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I'm just going to leave it at this:I dont mind when Jin and Shuninta do angst, I just mind that a lot of the times they dont write it well for shit, biggest examples of this are the last few chapters of the Feelings we must endure and Fragments of Love for jin, also whoever wrote that story that ended with "lol i was actually a pimp the whole time and then i died off-screen" because I cant remember that one besides that stupid ass twist.

Though Jin CAN occasionally write angst right, the first chapter and 5th chapters of irrational us were done awesomely.

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 10:21AM

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

Anyone see how Machiko's "Nou we no gay we are friends" attitude is like a producer wanting to bury the gay and Natsu's "We gay af wth u talking about?" attitude is like a comeback at those cheeky gaybait?

Seeing the story in that light entertains me so much =)))

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ah one of the best one shot and its sequel. Simply amazing.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

(Chapter re-released with collection bonus page added)

joined Feb 23, 2016

Loved the ending~

To reply you must either login or sign up.