Forum › SG's Worries discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, Nico's a jerk. She'd better dial that emotional manipulation and "scolding" back a bit, or she'll lose Maki and only have herself to blame.

Agreed! All the other couples are quick to forgive each other, so Nico's attitude was jarringly negative and self centered by comparison. (I'm worried about the shift towards tsun in recent tsunderes, I feel like they're getting harder and harder to forgive. Or I'm becoming less patient. Or both.)

I feel like you guys are being a little to harsh on Nico. This is just her personality, and always has been. She is a pretty selfish individual. But, in this comic I think she's mostly hurt because she thinks that Maki's job is more important than spending time with her. Since Maki is a doctor I can imagine she works weird hours, and maybe they don't spend to much time together. That would make the rare time they could be together that much more special.

Sorry, but it's super hard to justify this shit. Even if you can justify that not being manipulative or emotionally abusive, it demonstrates just how little faith she has in Maki.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I feel like we don't have enough back story to confirm that nico's accusations are unprecedented. It's quite possible that a past lover or even maki (who's far from perfect), angry at nico, ignored her just to make them feel as bad as she did. Or maybe nico's trying to reaffirm maki's affections towards her because her character in the anime has a lot of self doubt hidden underneath fake bravado. Or maybe the author has no idea how to write a good but dramatic resolution to a lovers quarrel. We really don't know

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I feel like we don't have enough back story to confirm that nico's accusations are unprecedented. It's quite possible that a past lover or even maki (who's far from perfect), angry at nico, ignored her just to make them feel as bad as she did. Or maybe nico's trying to reaffirm maki's affections towards her because her character in the anime has a lot of self doubt hidden underneath fake bravado. Or maybe the author has no idea how to write a good but dramatic resolution to a lovers quarrel. We really don't know

Hanlon's Razor applies, of course. But not knowing the author's intent we're left with discussing the story we're given, not the story we wish we had.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Wow, Nico's a jerk. She'd better dial that emotional manipulation and "scolding" back a bit, or she'll lose Maki and only have herself to blame.

Agreed! All the other couples are quick to forgive each other, so Nico's attitude was jarringly negative and self centered by comparison. (I'm worried about the shift towards tsun in recent tsunderes, I feel like they're getting harder and harder to forgive. Or I'm becoming less patient. Or both.)

I feel like you guys are being a little to harsh on Nico. This is just her personality, and always has been. She is a pretty selfish individual. But, in this comic I think she's mostly hurt because she thinks that Maki's job is more important than spending time with her. Since Maki is a doctor I can imagine she works weird hours, and maybe they don't spend to much time together. That would make the rare time they could be together that much more special.

This.

joined Jun 12, 2012

Cute art, cute plot. Favorited

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Nico was Love Live's biggest mistake

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I think Nico's reaction can be chalked up to having been left behind in the school at night.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

But How about Honoka?
HONOKA WILL LIVE!
YEEEAH!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I feel that most people are a bit harsh on Nico here.

It's a lovers quarrel, and knowing both Nico and Maki of course they will exchange more blows than the others couples. Particularly when Nico show off her childish side.

Seems that was a special ocassion, with Nico cooking and all. Of course, surely Maki had an emergency or something and surely can't be helped. But, Nico being Nico of course will get angry. And Maki being Maki... well, it's easy to picture the whole thing.
One is angry at something that she put a lot of love and effort to be wasted, the other is angry for being blamed for something that she has not power to change. (And surely also for not being able to eath Nico cooking and having a romantic dinner).

Or also can be that Nico was cooking and they had a fight. Then Maki leave the house, went to drow her sorrows with some drinks, leaving Nico alone with the food that she prepared with all her love and effort.
Nico has to eat alone, and her wife doesn't even respond her calls.
Of course, knowing Nico, probably the fight was her fault, being a bit childish and explosive, but...

Whatever case could be, I don't think that Nico is being particularly manipulative... is just that both of them have a similar personality, at least in some aspects... and of course that will make them clash. Sometimes hard.
But their love is stronger!!

And of course, maybe I'm wrong in everything and the story is about something else...

Anyways I forgot to mention that I loved the Bird-Kotori "FAITO DAYO!"

PS: English is hard... I'm in despair after writting all that.

Hahaha NA FAV PAIRINGS IN THIS SUPER ADOOORBZZ LOVELY STORY!!! >~<
I don't want to be specific cuz i LOVED EVERYTHING HERE <3

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

This is the best Love Live comedy doujin I've ever read holy shit I'm tearing up fom laughter

joined Sep 11, 2014

People either hate or love nico. I'm sad.

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

This doujin and its discussion thus far reminds me of a quote from a webcomic years ago: "Everyone hurts someone they care about. It's just part of being human. ... One day you'll do something that'll hurt me, but you know what? I'll hurt you as well. No one means to do it. It just happens. Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and to ask forgiveness for your own mistakes." That said, if the measure of the relationships presented is the capacity to forgive, then I believe all three couples will be fine. Were there some things said in ways that were imperfect? Perhaps. Were feelings manipulated? Maybe. In the end, it seems the hard feelings have subsided and all is well, and I believe that counts most of all.

10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

This is so cute... the ending, with Kotori losing feathers xDD golden!! This is so perfect!!!

joined May 24, 2014

This is so cute... the ending, with Kotori losing feathers xDD golden!! This is so perfect!!!

Losing feathers?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Date on pixiv 9/4/2015 00:48.......rexbandit = 2fast4me.

Oh damn now that i read some of the comments i realize MOST of them are HATING on NicoMaki!?!?!(well, Nico haters...) O_O
Nico wasn't like a 'jerk' here i think, isn't she just emotional and sensitive? I mean i'd probably act the same way with my beloved one... XD
WHY SOOO CRUEL, ya hating peopz?!??

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh damn now that i read some of the comments i realize MOST of them are HATING on NicoMaki!?!?!(well, Nico haters...) O_O
Nico wasn't like a 'jerk' here i think, isn't she just emotional and sensitive? I mean i'd probably act the same way with my beloved one... XD
WHY SOOO CRUEL, ya hating peopz?!??

You ever think maybe we don't hate Nico as a character, but recognize her portrayal in this chapter as being manipulative, even abusive?

Again, we've got to deal with the story we've got, not the story we wish we had, where Nico doesn't pull that shit on page 15.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

My thoughts on tsunderes like Nico are best summarized as such:

Imagine Eli and Nico are both after Nozomi, and it's valentines day. Eli and Nico both spend all night making chocolate, working up courage, and delivering the present. The difference is that when Eli does it, she emphasizes that Nozomi is important to her, that she appreciates Nozomi and wanted to show it.

When Nico does it, she stresses that Nozomi is getting her practice chocolate, because other people are more important, that Nozomi is just a side thought in her life, and not to read into anything, because it's not like she matters to Nico or anything.

Both have the same efforts, and the same feelings, but Nico's pride and fear of rejection demands she make others feel like shit, and why should I sympathize with someone whose ego is still more important to them than the person they care most about?

Eli shows far greater courage in being honest and thoughtful, where Nico only thinks about how other people might perceive her. Tsunderes get a pass for their actions, but as far as I'm concerned, if you treasured the people you say you do, you don't go out of your way to hurt, demean and humiliate them.

In this doujin, Nico literally interrupts Maki with 'don't defend yourself, you're being childish' and chastises Maki for hurting her, but doesn't make the effort to see Maki's side of it. Maki might struggle to be honest, that's fine, but Nico isn't just dishonest, she's thoughtless.

I... I really dislike tsunderes. Looking at you, every harem comedy ever!

last edited at Sep 5, 2015 10:48AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Hey, nothing wrong with tsunderes, when done right.

Just check Amahima Sakusaku 13 years after.
It's a perfect example of love between tsunderes done right. (IMO, of course)
With the years passing they still banter here and there, but they have mellowed and are mostly dere than tsun.

I would love a bigger and expanded doujin with details of the daily lives of the couples here.
And with extra info we could reveal if Nico is a manipulative bastard mastermind or not.

joined Apr 28, 2014

Hey, nothing wrong with tsunderes, when done right.

Just check Amahima Sakusaku 13 years after.
It's a perfect example of love between tsunderes done right. (IMO, of course)
With the years passing they still banter here and there, but they have mellowed and are mostly dere than tsun.

Oh, I suppose I did overgeneralize, didn't I? There are plenty of well done tsunderes, it's true. I got a little carried away. I do enjoy characters who don't themselves realize how they feel, like Misaki Mikoto, or who show extreme loyalty or affection when it counts, like Holo. It shows depth and range when done right. Your example is certainly a good one.

I just hate it when a character can never do a single good thing without adding "but I'm not doing it for you, I hate you, why are you so helpless". Nico really never had a moment in the anime where she showed any concern for others, or felt genuinely sorry for her actions, at least as far as I remember. She never broke Tsun character, the Dere is only implied.

joined Mar 25, 2013

or who show extreme loyalty or affection when it counts, like Holo. It shows depth and range when done right. Your example is certainly a good one.

Horo is not a tsundere :P

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Why was is removed it looked so nice? Too much hate/rage in comment section?

joined Apr 28, 2014

Why was is removed it looked so nice? Too much hate/rage in comment section?

Er, was I too vocal in my opinions? Did... did I piss off a mod or something?

backs away slowly

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I doubt it's something like that. We've had more heated arguments without any removals. At most, the forums could get cleaned, not the manga.

More likely, something to do with either scanlator or author wishes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.