Forum › Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan discussion

Nepu-nepu
joined Mar 24, 2015

I tried making Takoyaki at home but the pan I had was electric and didn't heat evenly, so half of it was burnt and the other half was almost uncooked. Was a pretty sad moment.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chantelune posted:

yeah, 'cause obviously, the only reason she put that octopus in boiling water was just to make it all cute for her sister, not because that might make its flesh more tender or something...

I'd expect it to be dead and emptied at this point, personally.

Clearly Ayari just did all that to make it suffer because she's such a cruel and sadistic person.

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 3:23PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tentacles
Still a cute chapter ( ´ ▽ ` )

joined May 10, 2015

Tentacles
Still a cute chapter ( ´ ▽ ` )

Got a laugh out of me there.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Always wondered why Japanese cartoon octopi always look bright red and curled up. It's kind of funny how that's become the recognisable visual shorthand for even living octopus characters, if that's just what happens when they're boiled.

Perhaps it's because a lot of my extended family is from the New England area, but I also notice the same thing gets done a lot for lobster. It's only ever red after it's been boiled, and is otherwise pretty brownish (and even a single look into a lobster tank will demonstrate it) but rarely do you see a lobster in art that isn't red.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THAT WAS JUST AWFUL D':

OCTOPUSES ARE SO SENSIBLE THAT THEY CAN FEEL PAIN A LOT OF TIMES MORE WORST THAN HUMANS

AYARI WAS A BARBARIAN

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

More importantly, Ayari and Eri teaming up to give foodgasm to Sachi... Does this count as threesome ? '_'

joined Jan 8, 2016

OCTOPUSES ARE SO SENSIBLE THAT THEY CAN FEEL PAIN A LOT OF TIMES MORE WORST THAN HUMANS

AYARI WAS A BARBARIAN

Found the vegan.

Humans > Octopus >>>>>>>>>>> .... >>>> Molecules

joined Mar 11, 2016

That wasn't very nice. Poor Octopus-san. why must humans be so brutal for their own convenience. Tch. Tch.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

AYARI WAS A BARBARIAN

Good, the more pain they feel the tastier.

last edited at Aug 3, 2016 1:48PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not that I think eating a creature who has Theory Of Mind (although the jury is still out on the matter) is a good thing, but how in the hell do you even quantify that? I have doubts.

I like squid better anyway.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Not that I think eating a creature who has Theory Of Mind (although the jury is still out on the matter) is a good thing, but how in the hell do you even quantify that? I have doubts.

I think it's because their tentacles are about ten times more sensitive to touch than human fingers are, so it goes to show they'd feel pain much more clearly than we do. Don't quote me on this though, my memory is lacking :P

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Lobsters

These are not screams, it's just air escaping.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

LexXxich posted:

Lobsters

That's kinda pretty much what a scream is anyways though, lol. Just air escaping the lungs at a high velocity.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

LexXxich posted:

Lobsters

That's kinda pretty much what a scream is anyways though, lol. Just air escaping the lungs at a high velocity.

Though to be fair, it's hard to catch when someone doesn't show the actual picture.

last edited at Aug 4, 2016 7:55AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's because their tentacles are about ten times more sensitive to touch than human fingers are, so it goes to show they'd feel pain much more clearly than we do. Don't quote me on this though, my memory is lacking :P

Mmm, pretty certain in humans at least pain and touch are handled by different neural pathways, even though they utilize the same nerves. So how sensitive they are to touch doesn't mean they're more sensitive to pain, it depends a lot on how their neural pathways interpret it. Given an octopus can pretty easily regrow an arm, it seems likely they have a different relationship to amputation pain than mammals.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

More importantly, Ayari and Eri teaming up to give foodgasm to Sachi... Does this count as threesome ? '_'

Sorta.

On the same topic. Would we have a wincest or a childhood friend ending as things progress? Or Sachi's gluttony won't be settled with one by then?

joined Mar 7, 2012

Oh noooooo that poor octopus :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sorta.

On the same topic. Would we have a wincest or a childhood friend ending as things progress? Or Sachi's gluttony won't be settled with one by then?

I'm rooting for Ayari's happiness, since she's such a good girl, so wincest, a harem with her as the centre, or a 3P ending would suit me. I just want her to have a girlfriend who appreciates her and her cooking.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Personally, I'm rooting for Sachi and Eri' as it stands that would leave Ayari hanging. I feel bad about the second part, so if nothing happens in the text to rectify that, Eri x Sachi x Ayari would be acceptable.

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 12:42AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

I actually have no feasable way of seeing Sachi having more-than-friends feelings for all of Eri of all people.

Ayari and Sachi have more screentime together, more blushing from Ayari exclusively and Sachi putting in the effort for her while Eri lamenting her jealousy over a oblivious Sachi at best.

Of course, gluttony ending ftw though.

It's great to know that the author is "one of us" if nothing else.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Mmm, pretty certain in humans at least pain and touch are handled by different neural pathways, even though they utilize the same nerves. So how sensitive they are to touch doesn't mean they're more sensitive to pain, it depends a lot on how their neural pathways interpret it. Given an octopus can pretty easily regrow an arm, it seems likely they have a different relationship to amputation pain than mammals.

Either way, octopuses DO feel pain. Boiling or chopping up a live octopus is just as cruel as doing the same to a puppy, lobster, fish, bird, or a human. Yes, even crustaceans feel pain. They also experience pain, excitement, and happiness. It's an established fact.

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/how-an-octopus-feels-when-its-eaten-alive

EDIT*
Fudge, I didn't read the chapter until just now! I know this is fiction, but that octopus would have been absolutely terrified and in extreme pain! That's just messed up.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 3:54PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

If Ayari keep devoting herself trying to satisfy Sachi gluttony like this. I wonder when it will be her turn to be eaten.

And as Eri pointed out, her nee-chan not gonna be satisfied with just one serve.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Oh poor Octopus.......good thing its just fiction.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Ok is this becoming Yuri? This feels like it's becoming Yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.