Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Tbh, I can't imagine how boring wdtfs would becomes or how sad I would be when reading wdtfs without Seju in there anymore. Even though in some chapters, they just showed her meeting her potential marriage partner, her smirking, her talking on the phone with her father, her illusion Sumin created, her doing nothing at all, her whatever, I still found those chapters satisfying. :D I really wish the author won't kill her off. If she is not gonna deserve anything better after her 10 years suffering, let's not give her anything worse author-nim. I don't believe in Heaven.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'm the only one who thinks that if they kill Seju it'll be a sign of bad writing? Cause really, killing a character is just a "easy" way to fix all the problems related to them, because magically Sumin won't have to deal with her, won't have a way to go back to her, and so on, not to mention a really important detail people seens to forget, she outright said she still loves Seju, I doubt it's like family because it would not be as shocking and dramatic, though it's almost sure she will chose Sungji for varrious reasons and just stay as Seju family, but either way, if Seju really dies, can we really say Sumin chose Sungji becuse she loves her, or more because she's the only option left? Cause in my opinion if Sumin will end with Sungji, it need to be because she chose her, not because Seju died, otherwise it would be a really lazy way to end the story.

last edited at May 7, 2016 3:45PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Cause in my opinion if Sumin will end with Sungji, it need to be because she chose her, not because Seju died, otherwise it would be a really lazy way to end the story.

And forced too. Not to mention some of Sumin's actions already seem forced right now

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

It seems wdtfs has already won a name of "good writing" since long time ago. Every time there were somethings wrong such as inconsistent character developments/personalities, unreasonable character actions and so on, everyone would overlooked them or lowered their own expectations to keep the writing quality at it's good level. I think everyone is willing to accept any ending, and no one would ever say that the writing is "bad writing".

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

oliver
Yeah, I would not go as far as to say the writing is bad, but it's not as good as some people imply, I just think that if they kill Seju instead of finishing her story properly, it'll be really bad writing, like, the writing is already not that good, and like MacySan pointed out some of Sumin actions already feel kind of forced, so if they want they can give Seju a happy end too, almost sure to be Sumin x Sungji as Seju family, maybe Seju end up with Nammi, killing her is pretty much nothing more than laziness for not knowing what to do with her.

last edited at May 7, 2016 8:49PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

You can't really say the writing is very good tbh. The relationship between the main couple is underdeveloped, just like Sungji's character. They focused at least 10 chapters of them having sex, which felt like fillers, instead of developing their characters and relationship.
Sumin feels like an indicisive self-insert character right now too. Not only she is incosistant, but I feel like she lacks depth lately. Maybe because of her changing mind so easily.

Seju has been developed pretty nicely, and if they kill her it would be pointless. Sumin should chose because she wants to, not because she hasno other choice.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yeah, some may have thought that the writing is not so good. However, I believe no one is going to say it's "bad" even if it's really bad. I think when the ending comes, even though they killed off Seju, or even though they give any kind of bad ending, everyone's expectation may have already been very low. And with that low expectation, everyone would no longer be able to realize that the writing is "bad" anymore.

However, I think the majority of readers is agreeing with what the story's presented thus far since they never called out any inconsistency in the story.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, I don't know, I don't think that it's just because everyone expectations are really low, but in part because a lot of people focus solely on Sumin and Sungji fluffiness, and because of that they don't really care much about the rest, a good sign of that is how some people still talk as if Seju is not one of the main characters and is as important as Sumin and Sungji, so as long as the fluffiness keep coming the rest don't matter at all.

last edited at May 7, 2016 10:08PM

joined Apr 27, 2016

I think we should really stop discussing over depressing topics like Seju's ending XD. After the latest 2 chaps, I've come to realise that I should be thankful more for the chapters with her in it :). She doesn't appear much since the beginning, I thought it might be different after her dramatic brokedown, guess it's not the case, the story still focus completely on the other two. So for now, I'll just go enjoy her appearance when it lasts :). Not even sure if she's gonna show up the next chap since we are still in the middle of teamblonde's date and the rings, probably another touching conversation between them :) and long enough to drag for a whole chap

last edited at May 7, 2016 10:14PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I did overlook some inconsistencies in the story since I found them acceptable. But this time, Sumin's dissociative identity disorder is a bit too obviously.

nguyen
Yeah, discussing about Seju ending is depressing, but what else do you think we should discuss about? I'm sure I'm gonna turn completely violent if we start discussing about Sumin. :D

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yeah, discussing about Seju ending is depressing, but what else do you think we should discuss about? I'm sure I'm gonna turn completely violent if we start discussing about Sumin. :D

Then go with someone who is too good to be true, Sungji. :D

joined Apr 27, 2016

Then go with someone who is too good to be true, Sungji. :D

Just like you said, too good to be true so there is absolutely nothing to complain about her XD. Oh, except some Sungji stans want her to stop being too good to be true XD

last edited at May 7, 2016 10:41PM

joined Apr 27, 2016

Every time I was thinking about Sungji, the very first question came in my mind was "What's so good about Sumin has she fallen for? -.- " Then my focus would go back to Sumin again. :D I do love Sumin to death (sarcasm alert).

To think that she's supposed to be the center of this story =))). The amount of hate she got after just a few chaps :))

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Sumin's actions are somethings people say "Don't try this at home!" because, unlike her case, you would get dumped right away if you act like her. :D

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

To all Seju dying and suffering

Yes. This. Exactly this. Thank you very much.

Seriously people, WTF yo? o.0

I mean, I don't wanna offend anyone or freak out over a work of fiction, but how can you people believe Seju getting a happy ending is that impossible? o.o I dunno who it was that posted it's either Seju gets back with Sumin or she dies are the only possibilities for an ending. Like, sorry for being rude now, but shit dude, even my predictions are more on point and I have been sooo far off all the time until now. XD

Now, I don't wanna draw a shitstorm here, but honestly. If Team Gaji wouldn't be able to think of a way to make Team Blonde endgame and give Seju a somewhat happy ending, they'd just be pretty poor writers imo (which I think they have pretty solidly disproven already.) Why doesn't anyone else seem to see the possibility of Sumin and Seju just talking it out over coffee or something? I mean like tying up some loose ends and then end on the note of smiling at each other in a friendly way, having decided to just let it go and be friends. Sumin did once promise in a flashback in a previous chapter to just be Seju's family from now on, since her actual family treats her like shit. I've always had a feeling this promise bore more meaning than just serving as a sign of how in love Sumin and Seju were back then. Maybe it's gonna come right back around the corner and Sumin will decide to just stick to her word in the future. Family are supposed to be people, who take care of you, who help you, who make you feel better about whatever - people who put a smile on your face the moment you see them. You can easily be family to someone without being their lover. I think Sumin really honestly and deeply loves Sungji. If she wouldn't, she wouldn't be shown caring so much about her in her own way (worrying about her health, wanting to make sure she's comfy when they do it and etc.) and she also wouldn't have cried during their first time together. Yeah, Sumin loves Sungji, that's for sure. And that means that Sungji technically should have the same superpower like Nami: she can get under the skin of someone who seems impenetrable to anyone else.

Just like Nami breaks down Seju's armor, I think Sungji might be able to do the same to Sumin. Once she knows their story, and I think it really will come to Sungji learning about Seju and Sumin sooner or later, she could be able to get under Sumin's skin and hit her where it hurts the most. With how she yelled at Seju about always disappointing her and whatever, it's pretty clear Sumin is probably not even aware that it's her turn to apologize to Seju for having been a huge bitch. But Sungji is kind and gentle and sympathetic. What if she takes Seju's side in her own faylicious way (that's an inside joke, ignore it if you want. XD)? It wouldn't be too unreasonable of her to feel sympathy for Seju and gently confront Sumin about it, just like she's done with many things until now. The good thing about Sungji is that she allows Sumin to go at her own pace, but without letting go of whatever it is they need to deal with. So while Sungji could try to slowly dig her way through Sumin's stubborness and get her to admit that Seju having hurt her doesn't excuse what she's done to Seju all those years, Nami could continue to do what she does best: pretty much shake the shoulders and yell in the face of a woman, who can no longer see anyone else but the ex, who's dumped her 10 years ago.

Btw, I honestly don't think what Seju feels for Sumin isn't love. Seju was dumped by Sumin. They never broke up mutually. Sumin has always been Seju's world back then, simply because the entire rest of the world decided to either not give a shit about her or viciously screw her over. Sumin was the only one, who didn't do that. When Sumin left her - although she probably knew she had it coming - Seju was thrown in the cold water. And by "thrown in the cold water" I pretty much mean dropped from the stratosphere into the fucking Arctic Sea. So with her heart not being near ready to accept that, it just decided to not have any of it and not let go. And Sumin did play her part in that many times as well, with her always coming back to Seju, planting the idea in her head that there might be hope for them in the future. It's one-sided and seems futile, obviously. But that doesn't mean it's not love. Seju's breakdown while she was in bed with Nami has shown pretty clearly, that Seju hasn't lost it or is obsessed to a point where it's worrisome. She's aware of how what she's doing seems to other people, of how it could and probably actually is being interpreted by some, but she pretty much says "fuck all of you, you have no idea where I'm even coming from." ... And in a way, she's right, isn't she? I mean, can any of you really actually 100% relate to her situation? It's hard relating to Seju because everything about her just seems so...extreme in a way. (I mean, even her tits are extreme, yo! If that's no indication, then I don't know what is. o.o;) I mean, I won't ask myself about that cause my life til now has been pretty simple and easy 'cept for a few things now and then. But even my gf goes "holy shit" at Seju's story and that woman has been through truckloads of bullshit in her life. When you feel like you have nothing, like literally nothing in this world that's truly yours and nobody to support you... is it really that unreasonable to hold on to the only person, who ever made you feel good about yourself?

My almost ridiculous amount of sympathy for Seju aside though, Nami does have a point. That all was 10 years ago. And it's probably time for both, Sumin as well Seju, to move on. Their mess has been going on for so long now. In a perfect world, (suppresses laughably strong urge to sing the Lion King 2 song now >.<) WDTFS ends with Sumin and Sungji being a couple, Sumin and Seju having decided to try to build a healthy friendship together and Seju having decided to allow Nami to stick around as another friend, maybe even more in the future.

So yeah, never thought I'd actually ever say this, but captain Pink's officially leaving the ship here. XD You guys are on your own from now on, lol. I'll continue my journey on the M.S. Happy Ending Please You're allowed to board if you wish, it's free. XD

Fuck me, that was long. XD

last edited at May 8, 2016 3:14PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yeah, that was really long. XD

We could think of many possibilities for her ending, but since some of us have taken that 10 years suffering into account seriously, simple endings seems to become unacceptable. If the solution was just that plain (e.g. "Sumin and Seju just talking it out over coffee" you brought up) their problem should have been solved since years ago.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

This series seems really down to earth, so it might actually have a down to earth ending aswell.

Sumin's development is amazing, just read all released chapters for the first time and I'm pleasantly surprised at how their relationship grew throughout these chapters.

joined Dec 9, 2014

If the solution was just that plain (e.g. "Sumin and Seju just talking it out over coffee" you brought up) their problem should have been solved since years ago.

This is where Sungji comes. No need to keep on talking about Seju dying.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Btw did you guys see it, Pulse beats WDTFS in Lezhin’s Ranking? It may be a good news since Team Gaji would probably put more effort into their writing.

last edited at May 8, 2016 6:48PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I have only read the two free chapters from Pulse. Looks pretty generic to me tbh. Just like Lilly Love, the art is great, but the characters and the story not interesting. It's the chliche womanizer who's cold but a woman manages to break her.

WDTFS is way better, ratings mean nothing. Popular does not always mean good too.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I only read the free chapters too. Its characters are well drawn. Master of Love looks interesting too. I'm finding things to read since wdtfs will soon go on a break for the 3rd arc.

wdtfs is cool, and it's cool mainly because of Seju!

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I think the rankings go by number or purchases or views over a certain time period, and Pulse released several chapters for its debut, so it's probably boosted by a lot of chapter purchases and the hype Lezhin is giving it on their FB page. I'm happy for Ratana and want her to do well, because I think she's a great artist and hope she gets more and more work and grows as a writer as well. The real test of Pulse's popularity will be if it performs better than WDTFS way down the line.

joined Apr 27, 2016

We should really wait till Seju's father passes away to continue our prediction XD. When will he pass away is very important too. If it happened in just next few chapters, it would probably change Seju's attitude to everything in a super big way :D. And Seju's not gonna die soon, there are too many things around her need her to stay till the end, anyway =)))).

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

If the solution was just that plain (e.g. "Sumin and Seju just talking it out over coffee" you brought up) their problem should have been solved since years ago.

Sumin has a temper and is extremely stubborn and proud and Seju has been shown to be the kind of the person to just take the shit that's thrown at her rather than putting up a fight she probably doesn't even have the energy for. With a combination like that, they could probably go on with that conflict for another 10 years without either of them realizing that they're just blowing things out of proportion. XD When we think about what's even going on, imo it actually really is a thing that could have been solved between them 9 years ago - at the latest! Some people are just good at holding grudges.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Sumin's habit is escaping shit while Seju's habit is taking shit. That's why they are shitting in circle for 10 years :)))

And they need Nami who's brash in nature to confront their shit and laid bare the facts before them (1. Seju needs to move on, 2. Sumin still has feelings with Seju). Because the 1st step of moving on is to be honest about the situation and to yourself, which they have been evading with each other for 10 years.

So I think Nami would play a pivotal role to be a catalyst on their dynamic/relationship, because SuminxSeju is so hopeless lmao.

And ofc, our preshius bby Seju needs to be happy.

last edited at May 9, 2016 6:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.