Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I love these art pieces of Mirei x Mamori! Damm, I hope the anime would come up with an ending almost as good as that.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Episode 10 preview is up!

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/story/

Is a Kasumi episode!

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Here is my what if situation :
If Mirei finally shows her true form as "artificial liberator" or whatever and she pairs up with Momoka as artificial arm, there'll be Hell On Earth or what ?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So according to Hitomi Harada (Momoka's VA and singer of the OP). Just like Super Ultra Hyper Miracle Romantic is Mirei and Mamori singing about their love for each other, Overdrive is Momoka singing about her and Mirei...

Blood of steel flows underneath my weak skin
Without letting anyone know, I look for warmth
Whether it’s a coincidence, or destiny, it doesn’t matter
I want to feel you again
Overdrive
I don’t have time to worry about whether I “believe or not”
There’s no other path but forward
The pains that are left behind, and this awkward pride as well
I’ll hold on to it and run
Overdrive
Even if I mess up, my heart won’t be crushed
Dive or Die
I’ll break the wall that stand in the way of my limits
Overdrive
Blood of steel flows underneath my weak skin
The true me, will scream even without a voice
It’s irritating, it’s passionate, it’s lovely
I’ll run with this heartbeat of mine, the way it is
Overdrive
As long as I have something to protect, I don’t plan on losing
Dive or Die
There’s nothing to be scared of right? Run
Overdrive
From my head, to my toes
My abilities that are yet unknown run throughout my whole body
I surpass my limits, until I reach the limits beyond that
Overdrive
Even if I mess up, my heart won’t be crused
Drive or Die
I’ll destroy anything that gets in my way
Overdrive

That makes the lyrics, kind of unnerving.

All the drives, final one is the kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCDZAcFaVLg

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 11:39PM

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

I just want more momoka

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 11:59PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

So, I've finally overcome my dread with watching the new episode. I guess the only thing I called was that Momoka was a shitdisturber. Looks like though that Momoka wasn't the only one who got on the island from the organization. And Mirei looks like is second generation, I'm having a little trouble seeing how they'll be okay against the people that are on the island and have taken over.

So, everyone is at the castle, considering the end of the episode? Got 'kidnapped' and stuff. Was it only me though, that Charlotte finally realized what she did? And realized that Momoka was not an ally? The new episode is called Oppresion though, so I don't know.

3 episode left, next one is called Oppresion, next one after that (11) is called Soldier Arm, so we probably will see Mirei not getting her ass whopped finally. The final one doesn't have a name yet. I wonder what Mamori's reaction will be to Akira now, cause they'll probably see her chained or something and she won't recognize her at first. I don't know. All I know is I want to see Kasumi in action and it's her episode so.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

You know, I would be fine if the series were to end like this:

Dunno what it is about this particular picture but everything about it screams "right"

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So in this episode we have a rape scene too. This time real (not illusion) that traumatized Hibiki. And later Momoka and co. mind rape everyone on the island. It was pretty dark, but I'm sure fans won't have any problems with that, since they are not faceless men. As long as it stays between girls everything goes <3

Ok, so we finally have the Mirei x Momoka confrontation we waited so long for. I need answers badly... Especially if Momoka is naturally evil, brainwashed or idk, cloned or something.

Still can't suspend my disbelief when they get surprised by obvious action, but how could they ever see that coming...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I keep hearing the name Valkyrie Drive and thinking it's an address, and the name of a romcom starring Meg Ryan or somebody.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Finally could watch the latest episode.

Great stuff.

Charlotte is being her usual bitch self but is pretty obvious she's way, way out of her depth (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of her actions are just a coping mechanism to make her feel in control), still, I really enjoyed seeing the Adel fawning all over Charlotte. That Ange tho, Charlotte should end with her, girl's a keeper.

Momoka is delightfully evil but I can't wait for her to get her dues. Is pretty sad to see Akira crumbling down over her failure but well, she kind of brought it over herself. She shouldn't rely so much on mutual trust on her speeches, any proof of her lies would've brought everything down over her.

Kasumi is such a great character if somewhat dumb by following the norms no matter what, she could've avoided a lot of stuff by acting earlier. Hibiki's story is quite unnerving and shows Mermaid was quite the hell before Akira got the situation under control.

Mamori was the star of the episode in my opinion, she put aside her surprise and possible sadness over Akira's reveal just to give Mirei her full support, finally reciprocating Mirei's devotion for her. I can't wait to see how their meeting with Momoka goes.

As I said, a great chapter, the only downside is that we're only just two episodes from the ending and well, I don't want this series to end ;_;

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More cute fanart!

Title: Awakening of Platonic's Love
Eh you're really...
You're really giving that Guru-Neko to me!?
Yes
Yay-! Thank you very much!
Mirei-san I love you!
Wh-why are you turning so red!?
When we were Driving, you were so bold and unfaltering when we exchange mucous membrane together.
D-don't say lt...please...

https://twitter.com/gobou_1000/status/676041343106334720

https://twitter.com/sakasana/status/676092157510291456

https://twitter.com/mikumofmof/status/676417055143292928

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Radio Time!

In opening talk they talk about the collaboration with Kobe Anime Street that start from 3rd Dec until 29th Dec. Pic related is the menu, got it from VDM twitter.

Here is the link to full menu.
kobe-anist.com/side28/archives/345/

They read some the menu names until they got to Meifon’s drink, The Flatchested Miser Mojito and broke out laughing. They thought that Akira’s drink name is cool, The Gouverneur Decision. They said that the name for Meifon’s name might be horrible but the drinks must be delicious. Mirei’s drink was said to reflect her 15 years old self, the name is cool too, The S-class Liberator. Anyone that eat there will also get the coaster with character face on it for free. Then they joked about the uniform for the waitress that attend the café, saying that maybe they will go half naked so that it follow VDM setting. Before when they read Meifon’s mojito Iguchi actually didn’t read 守銭奴kanji and instead read the katakana ‘Zenigeba’ nips’s slang for gold digger. Kubo protested that it was Iguchi that made fun of Meifon and they all just laugh.

They start by talking how the story have reached the cross-link. With the appearance of Momoka that have her own ulterior motive and the mysterious A-san [Evil CEO lady]. Also how Mamori keep developing even when there’s happening everywhere. They said that the story turns serious quite suddenly from the light and fun development in the beginning of the show. The BD is only few days from release so they talk more about it. Nothing about the Mini OVA only same old info we got from the website.

Mail corner, first mailer said that the ending credit in ep 8 where they only display Mirei and Mamori cast name before putting up the other cast the next second was really good. They asked the hosts whether they have experienced a power up like Mirei. Iguchi’s power up would come eventually, she has been trying to get her driving license since the beginning of year but haven’t got it. She said the deadline is 18th Jan next year, and the people around her already told her to hasten her pace but she’s still moving on her own pace. “It’s okay-it’s okay I’m gonna get it before the deadline”. If she passed the deadline without getting her license she will need to pay for the test again. Kubo’s power up is the increase in her stamina. She can run longer compared to last year now, she tried to increase her stamina because when your body’s tired, your heart would be tired as well. Iguchi add that Asami Seto, Charlotte’s VA actually said that before. Then they said how important it is to set a goal every year to fulfill so that they can keep improving themselves. Izawa’s power up moment is when she went driving with her friends to their neighborhood supermarket. She just got her driving license so she’s not very confident with her driving skill yet.

Second mail, they said that Mirei got lots of lines lately even though at the beginning she only spoke few words per episode. Then asked the hosts about their experience of finally letting out something they have been holding back. Izawa said she hold back on sweet before she complete something, like an event or something, and then eat some as personal reward. Kubo try not to do this because she can do her best when she set clear goal instead of promising herself a personal reward when she does something. Iguchi’s experience is when she does warming up exercise, she said the feeling after she finished exercise is the best. Then they talk about their body flexibility. As you can see in the radio pic

Both Izawa and Kubo are quite flexible while Iguchi is quite stiff. That’s it for mail corner.

This week they played Mirei’s chara song, the bonus CD for BD2. ‘Junjou Otome Step’ Iguchi was told to sang the song like enka, but the song isn’t enka.

Here I ripped the song from radio.

jii.moe/NkJBnVtHg.mp3

There’s one more corner, but nothing to do with VDM story so I will skip it. Sorry. December is super busy month for me. Last one is just them telling the show info, all of them is already on the website. Biggest news is that the radio will end after 2 more episode, just like the anime. Radio’s final episode will be on 29th Dec, so they asked people to please send their mail as soon as possible. Mainly because they probably record the radio 2 episode per week, so next week will be their last recording. That’s all.

Also

まもり「どうしてですか?」
美鳳「アンタのダンナ、めっちゃ怖いねん…」
というめいみれまも
Ma: Thanks a lot Meifon. I love you
Me: Y-you're welcome but can you keep clear from me...
Mamori: Why? What's wrong?
Meifon: Well your husband is scary as heck..
Thus MeiMireMamo happen

https://twitter.com/ninaryo/status/676744039232724992

I don't want this crazy to end ;_;

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Since Akira has gone down, I don't think MamoAki will happen. I'll accept MireMamo though was predicted from the start.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Special is out

http://himado.in/305030

Is, wow.

Trash%20minesan
joined Nov 13, 2015

Dat special ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...I want more

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone did a quick translation of the special

Mirei: Mamori-san do you know than an extar need to enter a trance like situation to turn into arm? [I summarised it instead of translating it words by words it]
Mamori: Yes, I was informed of that before
Mirei: Then do you know that depends on the level of satisfaction there could be difference in the Arm's power?
Mamori: N-No..
Mirei: Then to increase the power of the arm please taught me how to please you better! Tell me the things you want me to do and where and how do you want it. Please teach me the things that will make you feel good.
Mamori: But why?
Mirei: I think that it's something that is absolutely crucial if we want to survive on this island.
Mamori: Mirei-san, you're really okay with this?
Mirei: I have prepared myself
Mamori: Well then licks ear
Mirei: moan Do you like your ears to licked
Mamori: I think my body likes it
Mirei: Somehow I understand why
Mamori: Can you please raise your arm?
Mirei: My arms?
Mamori: I knew it. We haven't got the chance to do some girl-maintenance since we got here after all. Mirei-san uhm.. your..
Mirei: N-No! [too cute]
Mamori: Don't worry, I think that embarrassment can lead to arousal
Mirei: Now that you mention it.. I think you're right
Mamori: M-Mirei-san y-your tips are getting bigger
Mirei: That sort of thing...n-no!
Mamori: Please check it.
Mirei: W-what?
Mamori: Please try to lick it [PERO PERO]
Mirei: E-
Mamori: Please lick it [PERO PERO]
Mirei: It's embarrassing...
Mamori: PERO PERO
Mirei: N-No..
Mamori: Then you don't have to lick it, I will tell you about other stuff that will make me feel good
Mirei: T-that place is...!
Mamori: Does it feels good?
Mirei: Y-Yes! It feels good!

Mamori: So the situation that will excite me sexually would be something like that
Mirei: That's too maniac. Don't tell me you were just playing around with my body
Mamori: N-No! T-That'd be absurd!

Trash%20minesan
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh its even better than I expected! the reverse role got me hot xD mamori you so lewd lol Love this show and don't want it to end. Thnx for the translation and these updates.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

First panel from right to left
... Hey J...
Come on J...are you listening?
How many times have I apologized to you? Isn't it about time you stop sulking...

Second panel from right to left
Look, I'm really sorry okay...
So please don't transform on top of bed...
... ...
Are you listening?
J, I beg you ... please don't give me that look..

Source: https://twitter.com/yr_aimt/status/670269397152346112

Inside box Ep 3
inside Mirei's thought bubble Mamori: Mirei, you dummy

beside Mirei's head Without honorific...
Mamori: Ah!! Mirei-san!! Mirei-san!! Mirei-san are you listening?

Mirei: Uhm...
Mirei: Mamori-san you're older than me so you don't have to use honorific with me
outside bubble It's okay
Mamori: Wha!? Calling you by name!?

Mamori: Such thing... then you can call me by name too!!
Mirei: No.. I mean I'm younger than you after all

Mamori: You're too cute goddammit!!!

ED recording
Mirei: Super Ultra Hyper Miracle Märchentic Platonic like Love
Mamori: Kyun Kyu Kyu Kyun
behind the papers Lyrics
both: ... ... Platonic.. ... ... ?

Mirei: It's a bad influence for Mamori-san so please do that kind of thing outside....
Rain: Sorry.
Lady Lady: You're saying that NOW after all this time !?

Middle text: These two group of height differences!!!

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54075018

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Hmmm! Soldier Arm. Should I address it to fully transformed Mirei or the combined power of MireMomo ? Waiting for the preview ?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

No preview this week, last time that happened was with episode 7 since they didnt want to spoil Akira's reveal.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I like it better when there are no previews.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Based Kaneko

Mamori: I can no longer become a bride...
Mirei: I'll take responsibility!
Miyasato: ...are we being forgotten?
Kouzouki: seems like it~

last edited at Dec 18, 2015 10:55AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I forgot to ask something. When Momoka touched Akira's boobs, was she doing some kind of energy absorbing or something else ?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Presumibly, she was trying to force the Valkyrie Effect on Akira.

To reply you must either login or sign up.