Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Okay I admit what I said was exaggerated, but I never said it didn't had a mental response, I just said sex is not always about how our mind react, it don't matter if we have a positive or negative stimulus, our bodies will sometimes get excited because of it regardless of how our mind responds, the fact that for some people their bodies "enjoy" the rape even though they're hating the situation is proof that body and mind don't always work together and can have completely different responses, the relationship don't always go both ways.

last edited at Dec 23, 2015 3:04PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I thought it was general knowledge that the relationship between mind and body goes both ways?

Apparently not, Dark =x

I thought it was both too >.> I guess not.
While your body feels pleasure from things what sets your senserys and motor aspect to feel that "pleasure" is your mind. Or the "brain" how ever you want to put it. So if your are being forced into a situation that it's not desired you will feel disgust or pain or both or a little bit of both or some other type of other negative emotion or feeling; therefore leading to "rape" not being enjoyable AT AL. I don't understand why people say that rape is enjoyable... No it's not. If the situation is NOT wanted at all it will never be enjoyable not only mentally but also physacally.
Anyways back to topic, Ultimately, all sexual behavior can be reduced to being a “mental thing” since arousal must first begin in the mind. BUT of course there's a physical aspect to that (which is what we are all talking about) which is the aftermath which leads to the wanting of sex and the "enjoyment" of sex.

last edited at Dec 23, 2015 5:10PM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

The numbers for the first volume sales are out and well, aren't that good. Just 2.1k between BD and DVD :(

It's 2,415 to be exact.

I guess the combination of ecchi and yuri doesn't sell well is what I can think of maybe.

Nothing really to do with that. And quality has nothing to do with anything either. Just unfortunate, it didn't "catch on" enough. It's 100% hetero neighbor, Lance N' Masques wasn't even ranked (Flopped like nobodies business). A few other 100% hetero shows like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Heavy object are projected to do worse than Valkyrie Drive. Sales are often a hit or miss that way.

For this season, aside from the established hits, most Japanese seem to be spending their other cash on One punch Man (Hetero) and Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka season 2 (Yuri). Both these shows are expected to do very well.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

One punch Man (Hetero)

OPM doesn't even have romance.
I don't think we need to define everything as het, yuri or yaoi.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Actually, if you're counting GochiUsa as yuri, you should count OPM as yaoi.
There's way more shipping between Genos and Saitama than het couples.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Regardless, I hope the fact VD is a multimedia franchise helps to get a second season made. ;_;

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

From what I've heard this show is absolute garbage so....don't know anything about "heavy object" and I'm too lazy/uninterested to look up.

Regardless, I hope the fact VD is a multimedia franchise helps to get a second season made. ;_;

Siren might get some cash in...Bhikkhuni is around 40k(according to vgchartz)

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Siren might get some cash in...Bhikkhuni is around 40k(according to vgchartz)

Is higher actually

[PSV] Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni # (Marvelous) {2015.12.10} (¥7.538) - 7.173 / 47.890 (-82%)

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

By the way, an awesome /a/non ripped the OVA on HD

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=768501

joined Mar 25, 2013

By the way, an awesome /a/non ripped the OVA on HD

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=768501

The OVA that was linked earlier?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah. in higher quality

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wow, 660mgb for two and a half minutes of footage. A little overkill if you ask me xD Still, it's appreciated.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Some interesting stuff about Mamori's character song

Iguchi lied when she said that TOKONOME the song is devoid of any explicit content. That or she never listened the second half of the song.

I'm 100% virgin but it feels so good that those things don't matter anymore. My lips, and my breast...
If only I can be more honest with my feeling I would be able to fall in love easier by just going around with the flow like a princess.
Baba-virgin road Tokonome is getting turned on
Being loved by right hand, left hand, and from those eyes, I'm melting
It's okay even if the partner is a woman
As you watch over me once I closed my eyes and bring our body closer and let our lips met both my soul and body will be yours

https://jii.moe/4yvu5CVLl.mp3

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed about Bhikkhuni ending. There are two paths for endings : Chaos first (final boss : 4 Gods) then Order path ( final boss : Koharu with power of 4 Gods ?). I don't understand Japanese so don't know what they are talking about so i consider this ending as normal, nothing at all. I remember they mentioned AAA organization. It had been mentioned before in Mermaid. I think they should really reconsider getting out of any of 5 artificial islands. If they do, can they survive from this organization ? I'm pretty sure that this is the real enemy of all. Who's their boss ? No one mentioned it.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 5:52AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh no Oh no Lyrics

Just a single message
Wait, did you think you can settle it just like that?
You haven’t given me enough reason, right?

Ah, don’t break promises so easily
I’ve been protecting it desperately
And it makes me look like an idiot, hey

In my favourite shoes
Running with all my might
Firing the electric wave gun

Seriously
Oh No, Oh No
This is impossible
Oh No, Oh No
Can’t forgive this

Stop messing around
And show me the truth
Oh No, Oh No

First gentle, but sharp
A blow to the temple with words
That’s not enough to defeat, right?

Ah, just flourishing for showing off’s sake, bye bye
Did you think I would really forgive you like that? Hey, hey

You can trick me
With cheap perfume, but
Don’t get me involved

I say
Oh No, Oh No
The best of the worst
Oh No, Oh No
Don’t let me say it again

Enough with the jokes
Show me your true voice
Oh No, Oh No

If I have flaws
Then let me know, but
This and that are different things

In my favourite shoes
Running with all my might
Just fire the electric wave gun

Seriously
Oh No, Oh No
This is impossible
Oh No, Oh No
Can’t forgive this

Stop messing around
And show me the truth
Oh No, Oh No

Oh No, Oh No

https://misachanjpop.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/oh-no-oh-no-harada-hitomi/

Momoka clearly has gotten over Mirei, clearly.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone made a transcript of Episode's 1 commentary with Takaki, Kaneko, Iguchi and Izawa. Is an interesting read.

VDM BD 1 Audio Commentary, here we go. Reminder that this audio commentary is a special for first ep only, and that the people in the commentary were talking as they watched the first ep.

First is introduction, from Izawa, Iguchi, Kaneko and then ‘boobs lover, the big breast producer Takaki here’. Words of thank for buying the BD and other small talk. Both of the VA seems to be in charge of making sure that they would talk only about serious topic. Iguchi started by hoping that this commentary would delve further into the story and also able to share the creators’ passion. Izawa remind them that one of the purpose of this commentary is to share what is Valkyrie Drive to the people that doesn’t know anything about it and asked both Kaneko and Takaki to please explain it seriously, they said that they’re always serious, especially when it comes to boobs.

Iguchi said that this is actually the first time she met someone called ‘The Big Breast Producer’, turns out it’s actually just a title Takaki gave himself. Iguchi and Izawa asked to share the process of coming up with the story. Iguchi asked them how experienced they are with audio commentary. Takaki said that he’s Tokonome when it comes to this. Kaneko answer seriously that this is his first audio commentary, he also said that he’s very nervous. Unlike the radio where Iguchi calls Izawa ‘Mike-chan’, she normally calls her ‘Izawa-san’. Izawa have done audio commentary before, only one time though. ‘Tokonome ja nai!’ joke.

Izawa noted that the ‘Tokonome’ kanji is much bigger than she initially thought. In her script, she said that the name was small enough to be hidden by one hand. Iguchi add that it can’t be helped, it is a gym uniform. Then Izawa ask who came up with the ‘Tokonome’ name. Kaneko said that falls to Kuroda, the main writer. He said Kuroda handle the details while he focused on the upper level management and boobs. Izawa also asked Takaki how he came up with Bhikkhuni charas’ name. Takaki said he tried to give them names with flower theme. Iguchi the asked them who came up with the premise of girls turning to weapon and fight. Kaneko said he’s here for the boobs, meaning the premise is someone else idea, he didn’t mentioned any names though. Then Iguchi asked them about their favorite character. Kaneko’s favorite are Mirei and Mamori, he also said that he see two of them as one, as they are inseparable. Izawa thought that Kaneko was going to say N-cup. Iguchi forgot which chara have N-cup and Kaneko answers it immediately that it’s J. Takaki said that it’s very confusing to call someone that has N-cup ‘J’.

Kaneko said that both Mirei and Mamori are quite hard to draw. For Mirei that’s because her hair is too long, usually they would avoid giving ridiculously long hair to a character but Kaneko did it anyway because he love it. For Mamori is the eyes that is hard to draw. Kaneko said he received complaints from animator saying that Mamori’s eyes are difficult to draw. Then they turn to Takaki and asked him about his favorite chara. Takaki said that he was about to answer Mirei but then it overlapped with Kaneko. Beside Mirei he said he likes this operator girl. He said he likes glasses girl. No one but Kaneko heard that part so they all thought that Takaki likes a mob operator A. Only after Kaneko confirm whether he said glasses or not that they know he meant Kasumi. Guess he don’t know much about Mermaid.

Kaneko said that he tried to make sure that all of the action doesn’t seem weightless. He tried to make the action to look more realistic but in the end it still looked unrealistic with the flashiness. Then they got to Charlotte first nipslip. Iguchi is the first one to notice the nipslip, Kaneko said that Charlotte’s boobs movement animation was a craft only a master can do. Takaki note wouldn’t those kind of things hurt? Kaneko said that Charlotte was supposed to be a character with few screw loose, so she didn’t really care about that. Izawa said during recording she thought Charlotte to be the most guarded character, that she doesn’t really let others to see herself. Both Iguchi and Izawa were quite surprised by the amount of skin Charlotte exposed compared to other character. Iguchi add that there aren’t many show where we can see acting from boobs. Takaki questioned how would boobs act. Iguchi said that the boobs in VDM were very expressive.

Iguchi said the scene that leaves a lasting impression in her was in first ep drive scene, where Mirei looked at Mamori’s boobs very seriously. Kaneko said that Mirei in that moment were half of himself. Izawa said they pay extra attention to detail for the boobs movement. Like when they were recording, they receive lots of instruction to add a moan or two whenever the boobs jiggle. Same with sound effect. Kaneko said by adding those little details it could help the animators to draw better boobs jiggle.

Iguchi like Meifon for her wide range of expression, compared to other character, she seems much more expressive. Then she asked Kaneko whether he spent more effort to make sure that Meifon stay expressive. Kaneko said not at all. He said it’s fun to draw character making faces especially when it fits their personality.

Izawa really likes the Feste Castle design and asked Kaneko whether he came up with it, Kaneko bluntly said that he’s here only for the boobs, and that the design were up to the art director aesthetic. Originally the castle design were much leaner. There’s so much jiggling boobs in the show they kinda wish someone would count how many jiggles they have per episode. While talking about jiggling, Izawa asked Takaki about Bhikkhuni’s jiggling. Takaki said that of course they jiggle. Iguchi asked can the player touch them and Takaki answer of you can. Takaki said they tried to do whatever they can within the limit to make sure the boobs are perfect.

Izawa said that the S&M couple are very nice, Iguchi were taken aback. ‘Nice?That?!’. Izawa said that Mirei and Mamori have clear strong-weak balance, or in other words its clear who is the uke and who is the seme. Iguchi got very excited in this part. So she found the S&M couple that have similar balance with MireMamo and yet quite different to be interesting. Iguchi agrees, she also thought that the S&M couple drive scene to be impactful. Kaneko said that the moment the girl turned into an arm is different for each girls. Some might transform quietly and other can be intense like M Girl. He said he let the one that came up with the arm concept to do as he please while he focus on the boobs.

Iguchi got quite excited when MireMamo kiss. ‘Good, its very good’. Kaneko praises Iguchi with her ‘Fusion trance’ line. Saying that she sounds very cool while looking very seriously at nipples. Takaki said the way it glows kinda looks like E.T. and Kaneko joked that he actually used E.T. as inspiration for that part. Kaneko said that he was scolded by his superior with his original plan for that scene, so he have to change it. Originally, they didn’t drive inside pink atmosphere and Mamori’s face were not as comical, and more lewd. The MireMamo drive scene was supposed to be like S&M couple, where they just do lewd stuff and turn into arm, not in special pink vision thing.

After turning back to person Iguchi asked why is Mamori’s bra are like that, Kaneko said that so that it follows the reality. Like, to show that the drive scene truly happened in front of those crowds and not just a dream sequence. Iguchi asked them who came up with the ending because it doesn’t have the intensity the main story has. Kaneko said he was quite troubled deciding the ending visual, but the ending song creator gave him few advice. Iguchi and Izawa said that the chibi design in the ending is very cute and wished that they would make more merch with them. Iguchi add that she also want a mini-series like those 5 minutes show staring these chibi charas, but without the ecchi. Kaneko won’t be needed and Iguchi immediately add that ‘ecchi, let’s make it ecchi anime too’.

They have few seconds left and asked Kaneko and Takaki is there anything else they wanted to add. Kaneko said he already said oppai couple of times so he’s satisfied with it. Same with Takaki. And that’s it.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

That's the end. All the girls in Mermaid are now powerless thanks to the Valkyrie Drive. In this ultimate form, Mirei kisses Momoka that causes the chain reaction. I think The AAA organization can't do anything about it he he he. My conclusion is the ending is normal nothing more. Well, I'm a little bit disappointed that everything goes normal. Rinka and Ranka are the cameos in finale.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 6:03PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Not all the girls

Lady Lady and MireMamo weren't cured

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, Valkyrie Drive ended today. Just like Senran Kagura before it, the show was a pretty standard shounen story all things considered but that was carried extremely well by its characters. Every character presented had a well defined arc and role to serve on the story. From Mirei finding a reason to live on Mamori, to Mamori coming to terms with new facets of her persona (and some that were clearly against what she was taught it was normal). Even the villians got their own arc!

Momoka was such a delightfully evil character and yet, she caught the hearts of all the fandom with her backstory and excellent seiyuu (Hitomi Harada clearly had lots of fun voicing what it was pretty much a lesbian expy of the Joker).

I can't ignore the fanservice since it was such a huge part of the concept and quite frankly, it was properly handled since it didn't cheapened the characters and (YMMV obviously) it fit within the outrageous premise and offered a pretty unique spin on the Magical Warrior Girl genre. The show is not for everyone but for anyone willing to endure the fanservice, is a pretty entertaining show.

The anime closed its plot in a satisfying way while at the same time planting the seeds for a sequel that I really hope it materializes in the near future. There's so much to explore within the setting.

So long Valkyrie Drive, it was a wild, wild ride.

Now to wait for the BDs!

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Nice boat ending without anyone dying? And I agree with you Dark_Tzitzimine, the way it endend gives impression of future sequel instead of just continue the plot in next media, shame it didn't make more success, it's better than most shounen with male idiot hero surrounded by girls...

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 6:52PM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Not all the girls

Lady Lady and MireMamo weren't cured

What ? This can't be. How ?

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 7:27PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hm ? What ? This can't be.

Lady Lady got away from the battlefield on their final form before MireMamo used the cure. While MireMamo themselves weren't affected by it, in fact, they intend to use their power to cure all the remaining islands before returning home

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Hm ? What ? This can't be.

Lady Lady got away from the battlefield on their final form before MireMamo used the cure. While MireMamo themselves weren't affected by it, in fact, they intend to use their power to cure all the remaining islands before returning home

So that's why MireMamo will become DLC not only in Bhikkhuni but also the other VD franchises.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm pretty sure their appearances on Siren are not canon.

Bhikkhuni's could be though

To reply you must either login or sign up.