Forum › Fluttering Feelings discussion

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I didn't mean that it really justify any action, I was talking about how there's always someone to use that as excuse for horrible acts, normally in conflicts or wars.

Oh right, sorry for the essay then. Yeah, it can be hugely misused. I personally accept an action done if it was with the greater good in mind, even if the end did not result so, because I believe something done intending for good can not be wrong. However the excuse of the greater good used ignoring any actual thought to the greater good is hugely annoying.

And I wasn't saying you thought that it justified any action, rather that you thought the greater good was only an excuse, and not an actual rationalisation.

I believe that certain actions are necessary for the greater good, but they always use that as excuse to do horrible acts to get the desired results faster, not because they're thinking about the greater good, like using atomic bomb on japan, they could use any excuse they want, but they just wanted to win WWII.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:33PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I didn't mean that it really justify any action, I was talking about how there's always someone to use that as excuse for horrible acts, normally in conflicts or wars.

Oh right, sorry for the essay then. Yeah, it can be hugely misused. I personally accept an action done if it was with the greater good in mind, even if the end did not result so, because I believe something done intending for good can not be wrong. However the excuse of the greater good used ignoring any actual thought to the greater good is hugely annoying.

And I wasn't saying you thought that it justified any action, rather that you thought the greater good was only an excuse, and not an actual rationalisation.

I believe that certain actions are necessary for the greater good, but they always use that as excuse to do horrible acts to get the desired results faster, not because they're thinking about the greater good, like using atomic bomb on japan, they could use any excuse they want, but they just wanted to win WWII.

But it was for the greater good, the greater good of saving american lives. Need I remind youthat the U S of A is a nation blessed by god, this is why their lives are so precious.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, y'all have had your fun. Enough with the "greater good" thing and get back on topic.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I personally accept an action done if it was with the greater good in mind, even if the end did not result so, because I believe something done intending for good can not be wrong.

That's... An interesting stance.

Yeah, I don't know man. If you accept doing wrong for the greater good and then don't deliver on the good, only wrong remains.
I'm not even sure about the whole "greater good justifies the wrong" thing either. If your options are hurting some people to make more people happy than you're hurting and not doing anything to keep both parties moderatly happy, the second one kinda does sound better,

Also, this discussion has gone waaaay off track.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I personally accept an action done if it was with the greater good in mind, even if the end did not result so, because I believe something done intending for good can not be wrong.

That's... An interesting stance.

It is, isn't it?

Yes I realise the implications. They were instrumental in the origin of the belief. When I asked myself, what if I lived in a society which dealt in ethnic cleansing, I considered that, if I were to discuss with a member of this society whether this was right or not, and they truly believed that it was, why would my morality be superior to there's?

Because human life has value perhaps?

But then I considered that perhaps to this person, it does not. I place value in human life, but why should that HAVE to be right? If this person was committing an atrocity as far as I was concerned, but to them it was something good, why should my stance take precedence?

Then I flipped it around.

What if I did something I considered good that they considered wrong?

I realised that if we are both doing good as far as we are concerned, then why should one be right over the other? They shouldn't. Because good is relative to in what we place value. Just because one thing is valuable to one, does not mean they have the right to assume it HAS to be valuable to all.

As a disclaimer, not advocating for ethnic cleansing. Just rationalising how it could be possible for others to to believe it is the correct course of action, and accepting that from a moral standpoint, I am not inherently superior to them, even if because I viewed it as wrong I would act to prevent it. I feel this was poorly explained and people will assume the worse...

That was the basis for it anyway.

Yeah, I don't know man. If you accept doing wrong for the greater good and then don't deliver on the good, only wrong remains.
I'm not even sure about the whole "greater good justifies the wrong" thing either. If your options are hurting some people to make more people happy than you're hurting and not doing anything to keep both parties moderatly happy, the second one kinda does sound better,

Also, this discussion has gone waaaay off track.

But the intention was good. People can make mistakes. That's all that was accepting for. Greater good also assumes that their suffering has been considered, and usually you will find that suffering without compensation does not classify as greater good.

Greater good is a scale. Good and bad must be considered for the greater good.

Also, yeah, way off track, but this took a while to write and I didn't see your post until I had. I'll drop it know.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:48PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

But it was for the greater good, the greater good of saving american lives. Need I remind youthat the U S of A is a nation blessed by god, this is why their lives are so precious.

And to end this subject, when USA say they're saving american lives, this is what comes to mind.

ANNOYING OFF-TOPIC IMAGE DUMP DELETED

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

NEZ NOTE

Okay, I already said it gently so now I'm saying it not gently. CUT THIS OFF-TOPIC GREATER GOOD DISCUSSION SHORT OR I'LL JUST START DELETING SHIT.

And Thiaguinho-sama, you're banned from posting images for the rest of the week.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 7:00PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Okay, I already said it gently so now I'm saying it not gently. CUT THIS OFF-TOPIC GREATER GOOD DISCUSSION SHORT OR I'LL JUST START DELETING SHIT.

And Thiaguinho-sama, you're banned from posting images for the rest of the week.

Sorry, didn't see that message. My last one took a while to write, it popped up before it was posted.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 7:16PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

NEZ NOTE

Sorry, I also didn't see your message, here is tuesday, by the rest of the week you mean until friday or sunday?

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 7:10PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

NEZ NOTE

Sorry, I also didn't see your message, here is tuesday, by the rest of the week you mean until friday or sunday?

Sunday.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Question for OrangePekoe (the uploader):

Why is the "Chuseok Special" special chapter uploaded in the images section?
It's not really "just an image".

Why is it not uploaded as a chapter in the chapters section?
If it were, it would technically be chapter 5.5, as it was released between chapters 5 and 6.
(I see this convention of special chapters being numbered .5 in other series.)

Hmm, I guess the short answer is that we'd really prefer to avoid single page chapters, and it didn't appear particularly relevant to anything going on in the series. But I think we missed the fact that it was meant to be a chapter, and since you mentioned it, I'll look at changing it from an image to a chapter. Thank you~

joined Jan 31, 2015

Just noticed, chapter 1 page 13 is missing.

This is page 12:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch01#12

Note how the paging on the left side goes from 12 to 14, skipping 13.

The URLs for all pages after page 12 are offset.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch01#13 is in fact page 14.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch01#14 is in fact page 15.
So on.

last edited at May 6, 2015 8:11PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Fixed. Weird. Wonder what was up with that.

joined Jan 31, 2015

drpepperfan:

Fixed.

Thanks!

drpepperfan:

Weird. Wonder what was up with that.

I can only conclude that halmoni did it. (Warning: Spoilers for later chapters!)

last edited at May 6, 2015 9:07PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

anonymous:

Question for OrangePekoe (the uploader):

Why is the "Chuseok Special" special chapter uploaded in the images section?
It's not really "just an image".

Why is it not uploaded as a chapter in the chapters section?
If it were, it would technically be chapter 5.5, as it was released between chapters 5 and 6.
(I see this convention of special chapters being numbered .5 in other series.)

OrangePekoe:

Hmm, I guess the short answer is that we'd really prefer to avoid single page chapters, and it didn't appear particularly relevant to anything going on in the series. But I think we missed the fact that it was meant to be a chapter, and since you mentioned it, I'll look at changing it from an image to a chapter. Thank you~

I can see now that the Chuseok Special is now part of the chapters.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch5_5

Thanks!!

Very minor thing:

I see this graphical oddity on the left page navigation:

This appears to be due to the fact that the sole "page" of the chapter does not have a label, e.g., "1" or "01".

Not really a big deal though.

last edited at May 9, 2015 7:12PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Replaced the old chapters with the redone versions released by Yuri Project today. Looking forward to more.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I shall know this "oppa" guy from now on as Dude Who Needs Many Face Punches.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Personally, I direct the punches somewhere... else.

joined Jan 8, 2014

"Asshole oppa" is probably Kim-no Rae's ex? ??
As long as he doesnt like blackmail for a date or something twisted like that

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Personally, I direct the punches somewhere... else.

I know this will make me sound naive but is the credit page for real?

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ dianjc

Credit pages are just the scanlators messing around.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with the names of the characters... I hope there aren't many more of them.

So true, Nezchan, so true...

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I totally didn't read Oppa as Oppai.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with the names of the characters... I hope there aren't many more of them.

Who needs names? Main Character with Brown Hair, Main Character with Black Hair - doing this makes it so much easier.

(400 posts, unless I go on another self-loathing delete rampage. Get's more shocking that I'm not banned every time.)

last edited at May 9, 2015 7:37PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Who needs names? Main Character with Brown Hair, Main Character with Black Hair - doing this makes it so much easier.

I guess this will get very confusing, very soon. But the worst part is/will be when Main Character with Black/Brown Hair mention the other character by names...

To reply you must either login or sign up.