Forum › Lily Love discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

For once I actually thought there was good writing in this chapter. Too often I see lesbians in tv shows cheat on each other, like it's no big deal and there's no strings attached. So I'm glad Donut admitted she feels shitty for doing that. I never understood it either, I guess it's just for the sake of drama but they make lesbians look like scummy people that don't want a serious relationship.

I think that's mostly bisexuals that are like that.

duck

I kid, I kid.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

damn Donut thats cruel, poor Ice, lmaoo I just remembered that something happens between Ploy and Ice I think in upcoming chapters

last edited at Jun 7, 2016 10:41PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The problem is that the story showed very little of Donut's internal struggle or made any more mention of the kiss afterwards, so there's little to connect the two acts in between it happening and Donut's breakdown with Ice. Something Ratana needs to pay more attention to in future stories, that's all.

This is true, we didn't really see a lot of her internal struggle post-saw-not-really-a-kiss. I concede the point. :)

I guess maybe I just overanalyze, but we did know she had already begun down that road of "WTF?!" after her initial conversation with Ploy in the bathroom. Ploy coming on to her the way she did didn't help, I'm sure. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_love_ch15#4

At least, that's the way I've always seen Donut's character. Confused about everything she's learning and experiencing, having to sort how she feels about all of it and just how to act on it all, and at the same time sorta being just swept away by it all.

NobodySpecialxxxx
Akarriiii.png
joined Dec 5, 2015

Waaah!~ I wanna see more!! >o<) Why do the updates have to take so long!! gnaws on pillow

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Waaah!~ I wanna see more!! >o<) Why do the updates have to take so long!! gnaws on pillow

Translating, editing to make it sound right in English AND so that it fits in the bubbles, editing out the original text and other photoshop-y things, the typesetting, it all takes time, and communication between a lot of different folks. I am envious of them, though, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help them if they needed another native English speaker for anything, but I'm sure they hear that all the time. XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/144523108475/pyroxyle-this-sums-up-our-relationship-with-old

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/144523108475/pyroxyle-this-sums-up-our-relationship-with-old

Indeed. +1 to you. XD

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

m envious of them, though, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help them if they needed another native English speaker for anything, but I'm sure they hear that all the time. XD

Exactly ;) so no, thank you ^^"

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

m envious of them, though, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help them if they needed another native English speaker for anything, but I'm sure they hear that all the time. XD

Exactly ;) so no, thank you ^^"

LOL. It's all good, it wasn't an offer, it was a comment meant to offset anyone else asking, ahahaha. I used to do fansubbing a fair while back and we always had people pestering us about the same thing. ^^;

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 2:37AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not cool, Do'. Not cool at all. On the other hand, Ice is too nice a girl. I hope she finds her happiness too.

This sums up what I felt with this chapter as well. Even after the fact that I do see where Donut is coming from, or that it's a breaking point for her, or that she saw Mew kissing someone else, or that she realized that it was a terrible thing to do -- that was still way too impulsive for her to do in my opinion and I just couldn't find it in me to let go of what she did. If Ice was a much less thoughtful person than she is now that could've ended really badly. I guess I'm just not comfortable seeing people so easily disregard others' feelings like that; I mean she just confessed and Donut used that as an opportunity to take out her confusion/anger on her. Sigh. Not cool. Not cool at all. With Ice seeming to be such a nice and thoughtful character, I really can't help but think that she deserves much better than this. :(

Um, and people, please don't be mad/upset that someone didn't like this chapter. It's definitely not like I enjoy hating things. I really do wish I could be fine with this like you guys are, but I'm not.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm not fine with it, like I said, I'm annoyed with Donut.

I get that she was already hurting from seeing what she thought was a kiss, and then discovering in a bad way that Mew was leaving overseas for 2 bloody years. I get that she was overwhelmed and having her BFF confess to her was like a giant shock and thus a sort of tipping point. But it was a shitty thing to do. I'm glad she realized immediately that it was shitty, so something good did come from it, but still, it was shitty to do, and I'm annoyed with her. It doesn't really make me dislike her though, just adds a little more dimension to her character for me. If she hadn't realized she had done something horribly wrong though, that would be an entirely different story.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh shit okay. Um, I'm kinda more worried about Ice tbh. Unrequited love and a loveless kiss/make out sesh. Um. I don't think either of them slept very well that night, no wonder they're late

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Ok if Donut wouldn't date Ice I will. She's so adorable and wayyyy to good to be true!!
Also if Mew is holding a RING in that thing I'm gonna lose my shit and not in a good way~ that is wayyy to early for that~

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Might just be a promisory ring, though. Like "yeah, I'm going to leave for a few years, but wait for me, I swear on this ring that when I come back, we'll get married !" or something.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

I'm not fine with it, like I said, I'm annoyed with Donut.

I get that she was already hurting from seeing what she thought was a kiss, and then discovering in a bad way that Mew was leaving overseas for 2 bloody years. I get that she was overwhelmed and having her BFF confess to her was like a giant shock and thus a sort of tipping point. But it was a shitty thing to do. I'm glad she realized immediately that it was shitty, so something good did come from it, but still, it was shitty to do, and I'm annoyed with her. It doesn't really make me dislike her though, just adds a little more dimension to her character for me. If she hadn't realized she had done something horribly wrong though, that would be an entirely different story.

I agree completely. A bunch of misunderstandigs make a mess. That's why communication is key to true happiness. Gay or straight, if something is bothering you talk about it - with a friend, ok but more important with your partner.
Also wondering about Mew and that little box :) And yes, Ice is that cool, sweet, good hearted lesbian "in the making" hehe. Hope she finds happiness too.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Poor Ice, she deserves better. :-(

the sound of a flag being crushed

yup... I thought for sure that it would develop into "osananajimi route" :-(

but after seeing "that".... I felt sorry for pmew , and then I changed my mind xD

I m so so sorry pmew~~~ I kissed a girl. her name is Ice. but dont worry I didnt love her. it was just spur in the moment thing : D

I m the type of girl who separated her sex and love relationship.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

osananajimi never wins.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

First Sumin and now Donut!? Oh, you have got to be kidding me!
Dammit, author-samas! Have a little mercy on my heart. I just got it! DX

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

First Sumin and now Donut!? Oh, you have got to be kidding me!
Dammit, author-samas! Have a little mercy on my heart. I just got it! DX

I feel the same way. I've been following "My Joy" over on Lezhin and I have been PISSED at Joy ever since Sunday's release. Seeing this with Donut made me cringe worse because of that. But alas, it seems as if drama and angst are always necessary.

joined Mar 21, 2016

osananajimi never wins.

I dont think so. there are a lot of osananajimi friends that win.

like... uumm, yuna x hina in Kindred spirit on the roof : D

and... others xD

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Last chapter, when she wanted to go it was "almost 7" and now it's 10? They kissed for 3 hours, wtf!

Edit: Ah, ok it has been pointed out before.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 7:36AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

I dont think so. there are a lot of osananajimi friends that win.

Plus, a lot of the "unofficial" "subtext" (cough yeah right cough) yuri OTPs are osananajimi, right? Mio x Ritsu, Nanoha x Fate... o.o

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 8:34AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

About "3h kissing"...

Donut wanted to leave at 7... Talk with Ice took some time... Kiss was there too... then was another talk... and then was 10. Why you think 3h was ONLY kissing......?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

About "3h kissing"...

Donut wanted to leave at 7... Talk with Ice took some time... Kiss was there too... then was another talk... and then was 10. Why you think 3h was ONLY kissing......?

It's not like there isn't precedent.

joined Mar 21, 2016

Last chapter, when she wanted to go it was "almost 7" and now it's 10? They kissed for 3 hours, wtf!

Edit: Ah, ok it has been pointed out before.

I've never done it , so I didnt know ...

well , this is perhaps ...

time would goes unbelievably fast, when two girls were kissing xD

check it out ASAP! Lol :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.