Forum › Material Polka discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

So yeah, that's a thing. I don't really know what to say about it, other than, edgy. We could really use an Edgy tag, I think.

Anyway, PSA time! The translator is interested in continuing this series if they can find an editor to help out. Prospective helpers can get in touch by e-mail, or poke me on IRC.

Everyone else, enjoy, yadda yadda

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 1:51AM

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

maybe if this had been 5x as long with 5x more explanation this would have worked...

Img000041
joined Oct 11, 2010

Fluff and stuff flying everywhere.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I had a vague feeling of WTF throughout most of the chapter. Not quite enough to suggest a tag, but it was still there.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh. Sort of interesting, but really needed to be at least twice as long to have the impact it was going for

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Meh. Absurd is sometimes fine, but this is pointlessly absurd.

joined Sep 15, 2014

I'm not gonna get my hopes high for this one.There seem to be WAAAY too many edgy series where the plot is literally "OH BUHJEESUS PPL ARE DYING I WONDER WHY THIS IS GOING ON", and most of these series either end up in cliffhangers, cancellation, or just end up not being fully translated because it gets too boring.

I do hope I'm proven wrong and this series doesn't end up being like the rest. So far I seriously can't tell what the fuck is going on.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I'm not gonna get my hopes high for this one.There seem to be WAAAY too many edgy series where the plot is literally "OH BUHJEESUS PPL ARE DYING I WONDER WHY THIS IS GOING ON", and most of these series either end up in cliffhangers, cancellation, or just end up not being fully translated because it gets too boring.

I do hope I'm proven wrong and this series doesn't end up being like the rest. So far I seriously can't tell what the fuck is going on.

This is so true it hurts. Bloody Maiden was so bad even so, I must thank everyone involved in the production of this.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm kind of annoyed that they killed Ruka so early Also why do I feel that the 'turning into sweets thing' doesn't actually kill people?

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

2edgy4me

joined Dec 4, 2013

I like you work looking forward for the next chapter

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anyway, PSA time! The translator is interested in continuing this series if they can find an editor to help out. Prospective helpers can get in touch by e-mail, or poke me on IRC.

Maybe also update the scanlator request thread? It's so lonely...

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This was... kinda dumb lol.

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

I had a vague feeling of WTF throughout most of the chapter.

Me too... A vague feeling of WTF :|

Impression of mine or Alice's hair grow?

joined Dec 5, 2014

Me too... A vague feeling of WTF :|

Impression of mine or Alice's hair grow?

No, I think so too.
The story is really special but it looks pretty interesting...I guess '_'

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I laughed, this thing was too freaking ridiculous. XD
I'll add it to my faves; this is definitively something I can come back to, to have a good laugh.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Kinda... sexy? lol, I'm into that sorta bondage stuff, too bad the story turned into snuff right after. At least they did it too quickly for me to get emotionally attached to the characters which makes it easier not to take the story too seriously.

I like the art, both the understated lewd fanservicey bits and also the sense of the characters' poise/expressions. On that intro spread near the beginning, the way the MC looks so cool but while wearing pigtails was quite interesting. Consider me safely intrigued; I can't really say I approve of the artist's storytelling but I definitely would be interested in reading more of it.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

That was rather interesting first chapter also found a spelling error on page 23 bring is spelled wrong has brnig.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I like weird stories like these (I'll give it a shot) as long as they don't leave me with a "cancelled" or a "cliffhanger" I've suffer too much with cancelled series (Creo, Prism, Blue-eye Material, Flower Flower... and the list goes on!!! ;.;) I just cant handle these heart breaks anymore ok!? I'm am done!! no more!!! no more... cries in corner

last edited at Dec 6, 2014 12:32AM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Ohh a school girls manga....but it wasn't quite what I was expecting ;/

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Something like this would've been much better spread out over a few chapters. I don't see why it was necessary to cram it into one.

Still subscribing, of course. I enjoy the slight elements of traditional boarding school ojou-sama yuri, but with a head-exploding-into-candy twist.

joined May 11, 2014

I like where this is going actually.

It's funny and ironic simply because I don't like the "Anyone can Die" trope especially combined with "Break the cutie" and/or "Cosmic Plaything".

That being said because the pacing is fast it didn't spend too much time on Ruka and Alice's relationship but enough so the reveal gave you the 'What a bitch' moment instead of the 'Okay...and?' and not venturing into the 'Why the fuck would you do that?!' territory.

Seems like the 'Metaphorical Coming of Age Combat' genre. If that's a thing...not to be confused with "Action" and "Slice of Life" or "Drama" set in "Middle School".

Also...did research on what an Editor does...I dunno if I'd be capable enough since English is my 1st and only language but I'd PROBABLY give it a shot if my first attempt was good enough for a Translator. Which I doubt.

Not as close to "WTFAIR?" though as you'd think...it's closer to a Creepy Stalker that's watching "WTFAIR?" from a reasonable distance away and following it home. You just have to see if it decides to cross the line.

Kuk(1)
joined Aug 1, 2015

I like this I wish I could see more of it. XD

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I wish I was able to read the rest of this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.