Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeehhheheheh

There's probably some kind of proverb about boasting and losing but since I don't know that, all I can say is poor soul. He'll probably dream about this loss every day from now on

last edited at Jul 19, 2015 1:55PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

There's probably some kind of proverb about boasting and losing but since I don't know that, all I can say is poor soul. He'll probably dream about this loss every day from now on

Somehow he still got to losers finals and placed 3rd overall plus he got the backup of the crowd, at least he won't be that much bitter about it

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Edit: Browser double posted on me, my apologies

last edited at Jul 19, 2015 3:46PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

the Bang player last year proved that not the crowd makes you win, but sheer determination like that absolutly insane Litchi vs Azrael match

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Somehow he still got to losers finals and placed 3rd overall plus he got the backup of the crowd, at least he won't be that much bitter about it

Clip was funny, but I wanted to strangle the idiot commentators screaming directly into the mic.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Do you even hype Nezchan :<

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hungry Box on grand finals... What did humanity do wrong?

Edit: YES!!! Thank you for saving Smash, Armada

last edited at Jul 19, 2015 6:34PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

GRSmash! replays?! WHEN?!

Game: Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken Pairing: Lyn x Florina Link: pixiv
also this Camilla is not happy about Shara been the only female S rank xd

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hahaha Street Fighter IV ending with controller malfunction on the very last game, Razer's stocks are gonna skydive

last edited at Jul 20, 2015 1:38AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

anyone bought usfiv while on steam sale? I could use some sparing partners

last edited at Jul 20, 2015 11:25AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Pretty sure I bought that like 2 Summer Sales ago. My Arcade Stick gets used by a friend right now though. And, I'm partly at fault for choosing Viper as my main, but I gave up on trying to get good pretty quickly and I doubt I'll ever get into it again. Fucking Cancels.
Mortal Kombat is way more fun, anyways.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I shouldn't have laughed this hard at this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-20-mgs5-ground-zeroes-easter-egg-suggests-kojima-predicted-his-fallout-with-konami

Personally I never believe the "X person predicted X way ahead of time" but this one makes sense all things considered...but who knows?

Game: Persona 4 Pairing: Naoto x Rise Links: pixiv1 pixiv2 <-The 3rd one is NSFW.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone here playing Hearthstone?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anyone here playing Hearthstone?

I tried playing that and it was fun, but F2P basically means you're stuck at rank 18-20 for a long time. You really need to sink at least some cash (less than Magic though) into it to get the cards you need to make even average quality decks.

Not exclusive to Hearthstone though, F2P is pretty much a joke for most collectable card games.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You're definitely right about sinking in some cash. It wasn't so bad at first but then they introduced the adventures and some of the cards from those are pretty much a must have regardless of the deck you play. Nobody is ever going to save up 3500 coins to unlock those and you can't even craft them.
I started paying way too much cash for Hearthstone after I lost my first account and didn't feel like waiting eternally to get my legendaries back.

Anyways, if anybody feels like having some duels, my decks are always ready.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I played Solforge for a while last year, that was fun although I lost WAY more often than in Hearthstone (like we're talking 70-80 game losing streaks). There's a community with a privately run ladder that sets up what they call "unheroic" games, which involves only the cards accessible to F2P and newer players which is nice. Unfortunately, most everyone there is a really good player so I was totally outclassed on a skill level as well.

Pity, since the game has an interesting mechanic. It's not as much fun to watch as Hearthstone though. Even though I gave up playing HS, still love watching it.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I think I played 3 or 4 games of Solforge but went back exclusively to Hearthstone because most of my friends are playing it. Don't really remember that much about it but it was pretty fun, I think. Didn't get to online, though.

That losing streak sounds harsh, I'm starting to get irritated after like 5 games. Less than 5 games if I play against more than one FaceHunter in succession. So I guess I wouldn't have lasted that long with Solforge anyway.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I was determined to get better, but I never really did. If there was a wider community or bigger player base with more streamers to learn from I might have gotten more out of it, but as it was I only managed to last a few months. Pity, since I really liked the card-levelling mechanic and some of the games were genuinely fun.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I just got into Magic sorry to say

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We will hold a memorial service for your bank account.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

We will hold a memorial service for your bank account.

#pcmasterrace

Well, this wouldn't have happened if some people played some goddamm Sf iv with me, now would it right??

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 11:36AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I was determined to get better, but I never really did. If there was a wider community or bigger player base with more streamers to learn from I might have gotten more out of it, but as it was I only managed to last a few months. Pity, since I really liked the card-levelling mechanic and some of the games were genuinely fun.

I*m having the same problems in MKX (or any other fighting game), joining a more or less long standing and skilled community is really hard to do.

I'm totally going to join that memorial service, I spent way more money on Hearthstone than I'm confortable to admit. I played a lot of F2P games but never paid that much money for one, not even Dota. And I have like 1000 hours in Dota.

Speaking of Dota, with custom games finally here, Dota is now offically the game with the best price/performance ratio ever.

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 11:37AM

This topic has been locked.