Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Custom moves farming will be the bane of my existence...or at least my wii u challenge completion sigh

Series: Pokemon(gen6) Pairing: Serena x Shauna Links: pixiv1 deviantart1 pixiv2 deviantart2
I'll be gone for a few days Have a nice MUSIC!! day.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Anyone know games like Sengoku Rance where you can attack and dominate other factions/territories?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Holy Christ my mind is so full of fuck right now
Finished the two available endings on disc 1 of Ace Combat 3, gotta wait for the disc 2 release for the next 3 endings and the true ending, this game is such an acid trip! Almost literally! I love it!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone know games like Sengoku Rance where you can attack and dominate other factions/territories?

I never played Rance but pretty much any strategy game or TRPG there is, I guess? It's not that rare of a concept.
Strategy wise, people love the Paradox games if you have the time for them. For TRPGs, I really liked Age of Wonders 3, if I remember correctly. It's been a while, though.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 6:10PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I never played Rance but pretty much any strategy game or TRPG there is, I guess? It's not that rare of a concept.
Strategy wise, people love the Paradox games if you have the time for them. For TRPGs, I really liked Age of Wonders 3, if I remember correctly. It's been a while, though.

Don't speak of {aradox you'll make me...

FALALALALA FLALALAERA

Oh God no.

COMMIT SIGHTED!

THE ECONOMY, FOOLS!

Paradox ruined my life.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar, hehe how it's combat and it's map, I'm not sure if TRPG is what I want, games like Rance a rare, you choose the part of the map you want to attack and conquer it.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 6:28PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Total War series, maybe?

Paradox ruined my life.

I never played the Paradox games, I didn't want them to ruin my life. Dota already did that.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 6:52PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar

Total War series, maybe?

Yeah, maybe it's the kind of game I'm looking for.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'd second, but Shogun 2 won't load on my new laptop and nothing will fix it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I HAAAATE YOOOOOOOU

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This was E3 for me. maybe a little late to post this...? ( - 3 - )

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This was E3 for me. maybe a little late to post this...? ( - 3 - )

Was more like this for me.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I HAAAATE YOOOOOOOU

why so much hate? he is easy to dodge and pretty much doesn't deal any damage unless you are hit. At least he is not a story forced Mimicutie...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Mimicuties are easy as hell to dodge, and even if you're hit a couple of times you can still live
This asshole right there? One single mistake and you're done! Especially when it's in the end of a mission Jesus Christ (Case in point, having to kill 220 enemies and finish chapter 10 on 9.0, have to take the chapter slowly to make sure you kill the highest number of enemies possible and then this asshole appears in the second to last batch of enemies and screw everything up)

Edit: Hoooly crap, beat this challenge by surviving becoming a tempura once and defeating 221 enemies, too close for confort!

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 10:58PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

The flood of visual novels coming to steam is kinda amazing

I for one welcome our new steam overlords

inb4 vavlve tactic to buy more time for hl3

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 10:58AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am very surprised about it tho, this is really good news.

Steam-exposure for a Sono Hanabira game (or any yuri game that is not fanservice-trash) is great. Specially now that the writing has gotten better. Hopefully this means more official stuff in the future.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Eh I don't know if I like VNs on Steam, didn't some VNs suffer censorship because of their policies?

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 2:14PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Eh I don't know if I like VNs on Steam, didn't some VNs suffer censorship because of their policies?

Heard some of the devs have an uncensored patch posted in their hubs, or their own sites... or fans do their ways.

This one was announced as PG rated. Tho I duno if the japanese iOS release had any sexual content in it to begin with.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I remember it don't have any sex, but if it have It'll probably be like Hamawari, censored on Steam and uncensored on MangaGamer site, like Beat Blades Haruka, sucessor of Beat Angel Escalayer, that will be sold only in their site.

As they're also licensing Umineko, MangaGamer translations are good? I don't want another NIS America or Aksys....

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 2:35PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

If it doesn't I hope the writing holds up, cuz theres a lot of stale moments in those, unfortunately. Unless it is the same as in the new generations, which have significantly improved.

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 4:15PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The only Sono Hanabira knowledge that i possess is that they wear red, would i need to know anything before going for that one?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

As they're also licensing Umineko, MangaGamer translations are good? I don't want another NIS America or Aksys....

Mangagamer seems to learn from their mistakes, they are teaming up with the fantranslators Witch-Hunt whose translation I read and which was pretty damn good, mind you it had some technical issues but given that it can take over 50 hours to read through all the episodes it could be forgiven and they seem to aim to fix those issues

http://mangagamerstaff.tumblr.com/post/123255843389/new-license-umineko-when-they-cry-steam

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 11:08PM

This topic has been locked.