Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Thiaguinho-sama: Don't be so negative maybe we'll get there one day. Also it's *Intelligent System.

M.U.G.E.N seems to be getting pretty advanced nowdays

10 seconds in...well look like Vergil is broken again.

^I've never heard of that before but it looks awesome. What is it, a Brawl hack?

Brawl mods yes, read the description. M.U.G.E.N. err...you can google that it's a pc fighting game, you can import characters/stages/music.

joined Mar 23, 2013

This whole FE thing is confusing, who is right?

301126658 #
Inigo's daughter pretty much acts exactly like he does and is constantly chasing skirts. You later learn she does this to get back at her father for abandoning her and constantly flirting with other women that aren't her mother, but it eventually became a habit and she can't stop. The entire thing is presented as a gag and the character is ultimately only interested romantically in men, but enjoys flirting and touching with other girls. See College Lesbian for the closest equivalent in the West to this anime trope.

In her support with male Kamui (the player character), she confesses she has a weakness around really cute girls and will often faint if she finds them too cute, which could be problematic on the battlefield. Kamui decides to help her by slipping some sort of magic powder in her drink so that she temporarily perceives all males as girls and girls as males, the idea being that it wouldn't work for some reason if she was aware of it. He then practices praising her and being around her for a time until she gets used to being around other girls. The potion wears off, she thanks Kamui for his help, and then, if you choose to do so, she'll confess that she is romantically interested in Kamui, even though he is a boy. This was all translated by /feg/.

Fast forward a few days and some dumb tranny on tumblr decides that Soleil was actually a lesbian this entire time, Kamui date raped her, and the entire support is about gay conversion therapy to turn Soleil straight. The tranny blogs this and it gets reblogged on tumblr thousands of times. The tranny later admitted to not owning the game, never playing it, and not actually translating the script himself. A couple of "journalists" pick this up and articles about Nintendo including gay conversion therapy/corrective date rape in the new Fire Emblem pop up on sites such as Destructoid and Mary Sue, adding to the shitstorm already in progress over potential censorship of the raunchier game features.

My apologies for certain words in the post, what can I say, 4chan is 4chan. I'm still confused as to what is actually going on.

Honestly, I never liked waifu romance simulator in my games nor "romance" ala Bioware. I guess FE just isn't good enough for people as a game and they had to pander but this is next level.

Edit : Well I went inside the abyss that is Tumblr and learned much, it seem above is mostly correct and considering how Japan often plays out the "actuslly I'm not gay tee-hee" card I could believe there was no "gay curing" in the game.
Note that the player still drugged someone without consent, even if the logic that "she can't know because it defeats the purpose makes sense.

But there's worse thing than drugging people, like killing people and waging war. Still the whole discussion and all is so weird, but I guess that makes it on par with all other cringy relationship stuff you have in the game from what I've seen from the translations.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 2:49AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, that sounds better than what it seemed to be before. Still have a bitter after taste carried by this one.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

As long as there's no forced gay-curing instances, I can sleep easy in the night knowing that Nintendo isn't a total homophobic evil giant megacorporation.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

As long as there's no forced gay-curing instances, I can sleep easy in the night knowing that Nintendo isn't a total homophobic evil giant megacorporation.

Because I'm mean I'm going to take the stance that Nintendo don't believe in gay conversion therapy only because gays don't exist. Odd that the only character to show interest in the same gender (I'm assuming) isn't actually interested in them HMM, HMM?

So they're still evil and homophobic mwahahaha!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Because I'm mean I'm going to take the stance that Nintendo don't believe in gay conversion therapy only because gays don't exist. Odd that the only character to show interest in the same gender (I'm assuming) isn't actually interested in them HMM, HMM?

So they're still evil and homophobic mwahahaha!

You are a true pessimist. I thought Chocolate was supposed to make people happy!?!?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You are a true pessimist. I thought Chocolate was supposed to make people happy!?!?

The cake corrupted it.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'm sorely tempted to make a Portal joke but I don't want to shitpost. Or is that what we've been doing?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm sorely tempted to make a Portal joke but I don't want to shitpost. Or is that what we've been doing?

All I've ever done.

How have I not been banned?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

All I've ever done.

Because the moderators and uploaders shitpost all the time?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

All I've ever done.

Because the moderators and uploaders shitpost all the time?

I do love these forms.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

301126658 #
Inigo's daughter pretty much acts exactly like he does and is constantly chasing skirts. You later learn she does this to get back at her father for abandoning her and constantly flirting with other women that aren't her mother, but it eventually became a habit and she can't stop. The entire thing is presented as a gag and the character is ultimately only interested romantically in men, but enjoys flirting and touching with other girls. See College Lesbian for the closest equivalent in the West to this anime trope.

In her support with male Kamui (the player character), she confesses she has a weakness around really cute girls and will often faint if she finds them too cute, which could be problematic on the battlefield. Kamui decides to help her by slipping some sort of magic powder in her drink so that she temporarily perceives all males as girls and girls as males, the idea being that it wouldn't work for some reason if she was aware of it. He then practices praising her and being around her for a time until she gets used to being around other girls. The potion wears off, she thanks Kamui for his help, and then, if you choose to do so, she'll confess that she is romantically interested in Kamui, even though he is a boy. This was all translated by /feg/.

Fast forward a few days and some dumb tranny on tumblr decides that Soleil was actually a lesbian this entire time, Kamui date raped her, and the entire support is about gay conversion therapy to turn Soleil straight. The tranny blogs this and it gets reblogged on tumblr thousands of times. The tranny later admitted to not owning the game, never playing it, and not actually translating the script himself. A couple of "journalists" pick this up and articles about Nintendo including gay conversion therapy/corrective date rape in the new Fire Emblem pop up on sites such as Destructoid and Mary Sue, adding to the shitstorm already in progress over potential censorship of the raunchier game features.

Fair enough
It's still a laughably bad attempt at writing but... ...Surprise!

Drugging without consent is still kinda fucked up and makes me wonder why this dude is the player Avatar when it's impossible to relate with the guy, just make him his own character already

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 7:11AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

M.U.G.E.N seems to be getting pretty advanced nowdays

This is why I main Game & Watch, really solid match from the two

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh God oh God oh God oh God! My heart was NOT ready for this
Why does this guy always releases his shit without prior notice?
Anyway, time to finally play some motherfuckin' Ace Combat again! And reclaim rightful Belkan clay

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My apologies for certain words in the post, what can I say, 4chan is 4chan. I'm still confused as to what is actually going on.

That whole last paragraph is some self-justifying bullshit. But by the time this was written, she was already a target of death threats, suggestions at suicide, hundreds of messages calling her everything in the book, slander, etc. so I guess you gotta justify her being bad/awful somehow. For simply pointing out something that's actually in the game and what she thought of it. Stuff like this makes me hate gamer and *chan culture, like a lot.

I mean seriously, you're still allowed to like the game even if there are troubling things in it. You can be a fan of problematic things, it's okay. As the article says, "As fans, sometimes we need to remember that the things we like don’t define our worth as people" so there's no need for people to get so defensive when something is pointed out in Fire Emblem or Witcher 3 or whatever it is.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 9:26AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Fair enough
It's still a laughably bad attempt at writing but... ...Surprise!

It is, gaming writing isn't exactly filled with competent writers.

Drugging without consent is still kinda fucked up and makes me wonder why this dude is the player Avatar when it's impossible to relate with the guy, just make him his own character already.

I would argue that would still be enjoyable to play someone you don't relate to. I assume no one relates, aside really messed up people, to most GTA protagonists and yet it's still succesful.

But I digress, for me drugging someone isn't that big of a deal considering the intended effect. He just wants a more efficient soldier, I can't exactly fault him for that. In war it's important to remember that people you command are tools, they're going to the meatgrinder most of them. I'm talking here of the nameless footman, not named characters. We often forget them even though without them no wars would of been won ever.

I guess it really depends on how you view "the end justify the means" as a person and in context of war.

That whole last paragraph is some self-justifying bullshit. But by the time this was written, she was already a target of death threats, suggestions at suicide, hundreds of messages calling her everything in the book, slander, etc. so I guess you gotta justify her being bad/awful somehow. For simply pointing out something that's actually in the game and what she thought of it. Stuff like this makes me hate gamer and *chan culture, like a lot.

Well I can't speak for anything outside of /v/ but the biggest insult you can do to them is being ignorant, they're elitists. So that person who pointed this out and, sort of misinterpreted in some ways and if she did indeed admitted later on to not knowing much about the game etc commited a faux-pas. They're like that DnD player you game with that when you make a joke or attempt somethig silly and illegal looks at yiu with scorn and tells you "no fun allowed this session, this is serious".

It goes without sayig that I don't condone death threats and raiding and all bad things a group of people do to other people, even when I find myself on the opposite side. Nor does it excuse the paragraph you quoted, I merely like to describe things.

While I frequent the board, I only lurker and don't consider myself part of "the culture". I feel that way for most forums, I find them too much of a convenient tool to just ignore. I forgot though, I'm allowed to like problematic things. All is well, right?

But I don't think that paragraph is all worthless, he makes a valid observation at the end with gaming websites pushing for more censorship, this was already a touching subject with the raunchy S rank/ marriage dialogues of FE. But that's a whole can of worms. Which is why I assume the post didn't branch on that subject.

I mean seriously, you're still allowed to like the game even if there are troubling things in it. You can be a fan of problematic things, it's okay. As the article says, "As fans, sometimes we need to remember that the things we like don’t define our worth as people" so there's no need for people to get so defensive when something is pointed out in Fire Emblem or Witcher 3 or whatever it is.

I like the article and agree with it, I think you linked it in the past as it sounds vaguely familiar to me. Too bad in some circles they prefer censoring and bookburning problematic things.

I really like typing a lot of unecessary things, I'm sowwy. I have a lot of problems staying on topic and keeping my ideas short and sweet.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 10:39AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really like typing a lot of unecessary things, I'm sowwy. I have a lot of problems staying on topic and keeping my ideas short and sweet.

Glad I don't have that!

What are you all looking at me for?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I would argue that would still be enjoyable to play someone you don't relate to. I assume no one relates, aside really messed up people, to most GTA protagonists and yet it's still succesful.

I'm not against playing as assholes unless they're insufferable hi Donte but the whole idea of having a "player avatar" is so you can easily self-insert in the game world, which is also the case with silent protagonists in the likes of Link, Samus and the Ace Combat protagonists
But if you're going to make the player avatar having so much personality of his own and doing dubious actions that the player may not agree with, then why keep with the player avatar charade? Just name him Robin/Kamui already and roll with it, as much as i love naming everyone Dan Green at every chance i get it still defeats the purpose

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm not against playing as assholes unless they're insufferable hi Donte but the whole idea of having a "player avatar" is so you can easily self-insert in the game world, which is also the case with silent protagonists in the likes of Link, Samus and the Ace Combat protagonists

I guess, pereonally I don't roleplay unless its a sandbox ala morowind or so something because I cannot fully control the player avatar as I can in a more complex RPG setting that allows me such control. But I see where you're coming from.

name him Robin/Kamui already and roll with it, as much as i love naming everyone Dan Green

Dan "Now cluck like a chicken!" Green? He's the best.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Indeed he is

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Let it be known I hate you now.

joined Mar 23, 2013

How come?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

How come?

Once upon a time I was ignorant.

Then I googled "Dan Green cluck like a chicken".

That's why.

Forgive me why I try to drink the memory away.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Then I googled "Dan Green cluck like a chicken".

Weird, i was sure this was the fastest way to reach enlightenment

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 11:35AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

But I digress, for me drugging someone isn't that big of a deal considering the intended effect. He just wants a more efficient soldier, I can't exactly fault him for that. In war it's important to remember that people you command are tools, they're going to the meatgrinder most of them. I'm talking here of the nameless footman, not named characters. We often forget them even though without them no wars would of been won ever.

I guess it really depends on how you view "the end justify the means" as a person and in context of war.

The war argument is null and void given the context as to WHY he needs her to be more competent, this is what turned me off Fire Emblem besides the pitch perfect micromanagement you need for the designer intended difficulty

This topic has been locked.