Forum › Anime season

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

rederoin posted:

Some surprise yuri saving the day in Re:Creators... But the pen-ultimate ep was just weird all around...

Yeah, just watched Ep 21 and I was like "What? More yuri in Re:Creators? Is this Christmas?"

That's about the second couple in there. Hope their level of acceptance gets very high :D

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

And so, in a way, Alicetaria and Mamika got to reunited.

Fantastic series, and I will adamantly say anyone who didn't love it profusely missed the point of the narrative in favour of just wanting action. Only real complaint is that Magane's fate went completely unresolved.

last edited at Sep 16, 2017 7:26PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Rain Spectre posted:

And so, in a way, Alicetaria and Mamika got to reunited.

Fantastic series, and I will adamantly say anyone who didn't love it profusely missed the point of the narrative in favour of just wanting action. Only real complaint is that Magane's fate went completely unresolved.

She's in the same situation as Meteora. Her creator is dead, so she can't expect to go back to her universe and have a future.

You'll notice that the only ones who got back to their universe are those with a living creator and so have a continuation of their story

So, probably, she got a job somewhere. Even without her power, I can't imagine her lacking solutions.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

higashiyama show get H anime........
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35891/Implicity

Futabu still the best futa H anime.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 5:33AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Was watching, and then moved on to read that Gambling Kakegurui manga....

That Yumeko really need some violent wild lesbian sex after every time she gamble. Considering how turned on she get each time, her opponents (which is 95% female) seriously need to get her off as part of losing condition.

I hazard a guess that much of her gambling craziness was driven by sexual frustration. Totally serious here.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 2:22PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP54J3XeOwY

My teeth rot at the bridge moment.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

With Danganronpa V3 now out in ENG, I fully expect to see TenHimi material up on here.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright, it took a while but Vrains is starting to get pretty good
It's a shame that Playmaker's edgyness has no place in a Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist so he's bound to get the biggest friendship speech of all time which shall correct him from his wrong ways, just hoping this doesn't happen for at least 200 or so episodes

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This is wrong

Oh wow. The character designs look like they're straight out of a bishie anime lol

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

all caught up on princess principal i'm loving it so much.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Spoiler for upcoming anime Juni Taisen: zodiac war. the victor is
The zodiac killer aka ted cruz

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

This is wrong

Oh wow. The character designs look like they're straight out of a bishie anime lol

That's Legend of Galactic Heroes, one of the greatest sci-fi series of all time, you cretins.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That's Legend of Galactic Heroes, one of the greatest sci-fi series of all time, you cretins.

I'm not about to give it a free pass with that terrible CGi and Uta no Prince-sama looking dudes just because it's LOGH, especially not when the first animated series was one of the comfiest experiences i've ever had watching an anime

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This is wrong

We don't even know if this remake is gonna be good or not, but even if it turns out to be good, that doesn't change the fact that the character designs are drastically different from the original designs. & now it almost resembles a fujo anime lol

LOGH then vs now

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 6:24PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

That's just art aesthetic evolution. Having seen 90s BL (for research purposes), those designs look like comtempory bishi designs. So not much's changed.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Them looking more bish is not really a problem. The new designs looks more modern but they still seem to keep to the old aesthetics. If you are interested, here is a great video on that exact issue and how to do it poorly.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I don't see why they can't keep the original designs though. These new ones just lack that really formal & dignified look of the original designs. & people can say what they want about the old designs being the old school equivalent of the modern bishie style, one can't deny that the old designs follow a way more realistic aesthetic, which captures the serious tone of the show. These new ones are just... too anime.

Them looking more bish is not really a problem. The new designs looks more modern but they still seem to keep to the old aesthetics. If you are interested, here is a great video on that exact issue and how to do it poorly.

I'm confused, so are you saying that you think that the new designs actually stay true to the old aestethic, just a bit more modern? Based on that vid, which I've watched a while back already, the new designs go against some of the things that make the original LOGH designs good: realistic hair & non-anime face.

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 9:29PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I don't see why they can't keep the original designs though. These new ones just lack that really formal & dignified look of the original designs. & people can say what they want about the old designs being the old school equivalent of the modern bishie style, one can't deny that the old designs follow a way more realistic aesthetic, which captures the serious tone of the show. These new ones are just... too anime.

The one thing i can say is that the new one doesn't own anything to the old one because it's another take at adapting the novel, not a "remake of the old anime", so they could go with whatever direction they think is appropriate though it certainly looks nothing like the art from the novels
However when you do that kind of adaptation on a series that already had a successful adaptation there is bound to be consequences, the same way the recent Initial D movies, another take on the manga, didn't have any eurobeats which became a staple of the old series (Not that i know how well received the movie was, but i certainly saw a fair share of bitching against it)

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 9:36PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gudetamago posted:

I'm confused, so are you saying that you think that the new designs actually stay true to the old aestethic, just a bit more modern? Based on that vid, which I've watched a while back already, the new designs go against some of the things that make the original LOGH designs good: realistic hair & non-anime face.

Well first thing I remembered and looked for was if the hair was covering their eyes and it does not. Then after re-watching the video, I looked at the comparison again (as this and trailer is only things I saw). As I said, the look is more modern, but they still try to give their faces more details and features instead of just making them all identical bishes (I know it's not huge, but when you compare their shapes to originals, they don't really have that much distinguish either, but they still try to make everyone look a but different.) As I mentioned, hair doesn't cover their eyes and their hair-style seems realistic and not over-the-top or anything like that. In fact, they have the exact same hair-cuts as the previous one, just more polished because of modern style. I mean, the old school way of drawing everything by hand definitely had it's charm and had more details, especially in hair, but I can't say new anime didn't try to adopt it. Also as was mentioned in the video, the old designs, didn't focus on it, but guys still were pretty handsome, again the same thing I see here. Maybe a bit more obvious, but I can tell they tried to not make them too pretty and give them more of a personality. My point was, sure, it looks prettier, but at least to me it looks like they are actually trying, so dismissing entire show, because characters are too bish looking sounds a bit disrespectful to creators. At least it seems like they try to hit all the good notes the old adaptation did.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well first thing I remembered and looked for was if the hair was covering their eyes and it does not. Then after re-watching the video, I looked at the comparison again (as this and trailer is only things I saw). As I said, the look is more modern, but they still try to give their faces more details and features instead of just making them all identical bishes (I know it's not huge, but when you compare their shapes to originals, they don't really have that much distinguish either, but they still try to make everyone look a but different.) As I mentioned, hair doesn't cover their eyes and their hair-style seems realistic and not over-the-top or anything like that. In fact, they have the exact same hair-cuts as the previous one, just more polished because of modern style. I mean, the old school way of drawing everything by hand definitely had it's charm and had more details, especially in hair, but I can't say new anime didn't try to adopt it. Also as was mentioned in the video, the old designs, didn't focus on it, but guys still were pretty handsome, again the same thing I see here. Maybe a bit more obvious, but I can tell they tried to not make them too pretty and give them more of a personality. My point was, sure, it looks prettier, but at least to me it looks like they are actually trying, so dismissing entire show, because characters are too bish looking sounds a bit disrespectful to creators. At least it seems like they try to hit all the good notes the old adaptation did.

I never dismiss the entire show for the designs though, I just dismiss the designs. I'm definitely gonna watch it & judge it for how good it is on its own, but I still think that the new designs don't fit the tone of the story the same way the old designs did (assuming that they are still trying to keep the same tone. I sure hope there will still be classical music playing in the BG while giant spaceships shoot each other apart). Hair not covering eyes isn't the only thing that makes realistic hair though. The huge chunks of spiky hair just screams anime. I would have been ok if they had gone for even something like the YOI's hair rendering style: finer hair strands to actually resemble realistic hair. & replacing curlies with spiky hair doesn't speak well of keeping the same hairstyle, at least for me. About the personalities of the designs, this one is also something that bothers me. Look at the two Yang Wenli & tell me which character design evokes the image of a 30 year-old super laid back dude who loves tea time more than his job? Maybe he'll look less serious in the actual show than the trailer/poster, but for now, I'm a bit iffy about the personality that is being projected by this new design.

Now, I don't think the new designs are utter garbage, they just don't live up to my image of LOGH, I guess.

last edited at Sep 22, 2017 6:54PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH What the fuck Dragon Ball Super! This episode was a fucking disgrace until the very end when suddenly it became the best episode ever! The fucking madmen!!!

last edited at Sep 23, 2017 10:04PM

joined Jun 17, 2014

i stopped watching dragonball at 70 is it getting better or is it just getting worse with the power scaling and writing?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

i stopped watching dragonball at 70 is it getting better or is it just getting worse with the power scaling and writing?

If you got to episode 70 and still didn't manage to shut your brain completely off then don't bother, that's the only way of having fun with Super, there isn't a single resemblance of power scaling anymore

To reply you must either login or sign up.