Forum › Mama Mama discussion

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

First I was all : D , then I was all : ( .

4326782_1398742172
joined Aug 17, 2014

shock .__.

joined Feb 7, 2013

Posted by Centifolia

Just in case someone would like to know, it is completely possible to create a baby using 2 egg cells. Its impossible with the current technology though. But someday....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1769356.stm

This need to be done quick or at least in our lifetime.

Well then, now this gives lesbian couples a bit more of an advantage than gay couples, huh?

There is a reverse procedure that allows eggs to be created from male cells
They say it's just a lab experiment (both procedures) and probably won't be safe for reproduction just yet. Still, give it time.

In the future, we might just end up a genderless society? (or more likely a society where changing sex is roughly on par with plastic surgery and anyone can have a kid with anybody else; which is... close enough to genderless for me)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

...I should read the release posts beforehand more often

Yeah, everything was going so good... But oh well, it wasn't a bad end just a troll good end

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

The first part was like the perfect yuri family.

Right, it was heartwarming...

Until the last few pages le sigh

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Very nicely done I would say . Two married women with children have found love and happiness with each other while the husbands are away for work . Or possibly the husbands allow it to happen because they know the wives are bi-sexual. Either way it works out nicely . So many possibilities in explaining this , but it just comes down to the families being happy and the need to not disturb the harmony they have found.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

What the shit I've just read :v

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

strange end....

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Could everyone please stop immediately freaking out over stuff like this?
Yes, the way it was presented was kind of shocking, but the actual backstory was intentionally left open. The husband thing could have been a joke for all we know. Or it could be one of the rather common scenarios where people only realize they're not straight after having married, de facto ending the romantic involvement with their spouse (and eventually find someone new) without getting a divorce for various reasons. Yes, could also be that they cheated, but we are not told. And, mind you, I think that was the entire point of the story: To make you think of these things. They definitely happen, heck, it could even be a criticism of the shitty discrimination that results in people finding it so hard to come out and not "accidentally" marry in the first place.

I understand the wish for happy yuri, I love that, too. But I think you can't have yuri without also now and then writing critical stories (critical about all the shit lesbians and the LGBT community in general) get. Please don't always assume the worst when something is not diabetic-level WAFF. :)

Tumblr_inline_n7fj1wtor31s5fzt9%20copy
joined May 2, 2012

Lol at the amount of comments despite it just being released and 11 pages long. Also was shocked, but a good kind I guess. It's fine to have an odd story like this here and there which keeps things interesting even though I'm sad now. We need more in between one-sidedish psycho-lesbian tragedies and diabetic, fluffy school girl yuri :p (even if I do enjoy some stuff from both these extremes).

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Wait...what? I'm so confused and sad now.

Panda_icon
joined Feb 8, 2013

was really looking forward to the read since it was Amano. but god, did not see that coming at all ( ´Д⊂ヽ ...

joined Aug 1, 2013

Wow, it only took one line to turn this sour

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The first part was like the perfect yuri family.

Right, it was heartwarming...

Until the last few pages le sigh

Perfect yuri family?...

Enjoy diabetes:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/little_sweet_smiles

(Should help sweeten up the aftertaste)

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

oooof, that one line that made everything not a happy ending!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Very nicely done I would say . Two married women with children have found love and happiness with each other while the husbands are away for work . Or possibly the husbands allow it to happen because they know the wives are bi-sexual. Either way it works out nicely . So many possibilities in explaining this , but it just comes down to the families being happy and the need to not disturb the harmony they have found.

Happyness only for the women because their husband are working hard somewhere not knowing anything... And these woman can't be together because of their children... Only once in a while, is bittersweet.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

A happiness is really short . . . So short.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I agree. I think Amano put in an afterword or foreword somewhere "if you're looking for fluffy 'onee-sama' yuri, look elsewhere." I wish more mangakas had that attitude. When I first got into yuri I really expected it to be more like this one-shot -- art can be enjoyable, but it can also be a vector for confronting difficult issues.

That would be horrible. Only drama filled yuri that is supposed to be "criticism"....that is why yuri does not sell. People do not want to read this kind of drama.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

The truth is that I totally did not expect that ending.

joined Apr 14, 2013

sad face

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

As a lesbian myself...I find this quite disturbing...cause I have trouble understanding..why would they do this to themselves. Why be married and have sex for the sake of it...like really. I'm in shock. Maybe I dislike men so frikin much...that I sunk myself in my sweet happy ending of a manga. But seeing men most don't give a flying fuck wether their wife's kiss a girl. As long as their part of it...well guess this made up for it...I'm sorry I'm confused...and I'm really gay. Walks away.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

My, this oneshot caused quite the 'uproar', huh? Anyway, at first I wasn't sure how I felt about this either - I was expecting drama or some kind of difficulties, but I wasn't expecting THAT - but after giving it some thought, I realized that maybe the point of this is simpler than what I expected: it doesn't really matter what happens 'behind the scenes', these two women find true happiness in being together with their children. That's it.

Though I might just be plain wrong :P

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

It feel more like what they did was an escape from their marriage. I mean, the happiness thing they mention, and what one of them said when she return to her house, it feel like her house is just that, a house but not a home.

Sure, they are staying with the husbands, but it feel like if they didn't have the kids, they would end the marriage. I can't see any happy ending in that.

To me, the ending is quite...depressing I guess for me. Your mileage may vary.

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

damn this was to much .. (T^T) The adult live is really fucked up.

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

Man, I was so hyped up to see a doujin that had a happy lesbian couple with a happy family, because that's pretty rare to find. But I guess it all sunk down the drain at the end. I just... sigh

To reply you must either login or sign up.