Forum › Kyou Kara Yonshimai discussion

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Well, NOW he's pissing me off (Uozumi, I mean). In any case, should I finally expect a 'yuri' tag?????

Also, surprisingly, I seem to be one of the few who didn't find the second guy (didn't really catch his name) bad. I mean, how is he bad? Sure, he may not have kept his cool, but he sincerely wants to have a fulfilling romantic relationship with Botan, and the elbow thing seemed completely unintentional :\

last edited at Aug 22, 2014 2:47PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

must resist urge to correct all the "his" in these comments......

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So if Kashiwa is lovey dovey with his girlfriend, would we tag it as ...yuri...?

Since Kashiwa is a girl, yes.

Or don't you think trans women are women?

joined Jul 8, 2013

OH MY FUCK! ARE THERE LITERALLY NO DECENT GUYS IN THIS SERIES AT ALL!? LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE THAT'S EVEN REMOTELY DECENT IS THE ONE WHO WANTS TO BE A GIRL! I JUST CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH THIS SERIES ANYMORE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS AUTHOR!? GOD DAMN IT.
And WTF is wrong with the sister? I barely blame the guy for what happened. Don't get me wrong he's still a despicable human being and an overall huge scumbag for doing...well everything he's done so far...BUT SERIOUSLY BOTAN!? In what universe does it make sense to sleep with a guy to get him to leave you alone? That just doesn't make sense.
My overall judgement of this series that just gets stronger and stronger every chapter, is that this series is incredibly stupid. I don't know what this author was thinking with anything he's done here.

last edited at Aug 22, 2014 1:11PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Where is this even going... I'm tired of all these stupid guys. I wanna see Kashiwa's girlfriend!

joined Oct 12, 2013

I'm actually quite enjoying this? Though I am really looking forward to meeting the girlfriend.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

enjoyed this much more with uozumi being silent. hope that stays a thing.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Also I feel like every guy that gets introduced in this manga is stupid and dislikable.

Lol, I thought I was the only one who felt like that, hahaha.

joined Mar 23, 2013

OH MY FUCK! ARE THERE LITERALLY NO DECENT GUYS IN THIS SERIES AT ALL!? LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE THAT'S EVEN REMOTELY DECENT IS THE ONE WHO WANTS TO BE A GIRL! I JUST CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH THIS SERIES ANYMORE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS AUTHOR!? GOD DAMN IT.
And WTF is wrong with the sister? I barely blame the guy for what happened. Don't get me wrong he's still a despicable human being and an overall huge scumbag for doing...well everything he's done so far...BUT SERIOUSLY BOTAN!? In what universe does it make sense to sleep with a guy to get him to leave you alone? That just doesn't make sense.
My overall judgement of this series that just gets stronger and stronger every chapter, is that this series is incredibly stupid. I don't know what this author was thinking with anything he's done here.

She isn't sleeping with him to dodge the fact she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. She's sleeping with him because she wants to, but is refusing to have a long term relationship because she's the bread winner of the family.

She probably believes that it's going to be useless in the end because no young dude looking to get a wife is going to want to live with 3 other people in their newlywed household. In that respect, she probably could exclude a lot of guys, so she isn't totally wrong in believing so.

But the proper thing here would not to pursue sexual relationships with a guy that actively is telling you he wants more than to be sex friend because that's a tad cruel, although partially the fault lies with the guy by being a bit a fool. Still, I don't think it's okay to use a person feelings like that. We see he has a habit of making her cum multiple times before he does, so I guess the reason why she kept at him was because he's good in bed. He's really good dildo to her.

I don't blame him much, it's just we could of done without the outburst and elbow, then again if you're being disappointed over and over a bit of frustration sets in. Maybe the author thought she deserved a good one on the face? To be honest if she were my friend I'd probably have a few strong words for her.

All in all, these people are there flaws is reminiscing of one of this duo's previous work.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=42557

See these tags? Love polgyon thats fueled by not really the most moral individual and women who can't resist forceful men and can't seem to make up their mind. If I don't see an improvement here, I'll drop it like the work I linked. I see enough "okay" individuals that lead such a shitty personal life for some reason, I don't think I need more of these self-destructing people in my fiction.

last edited at Aug 23, 2014 3:24AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So if Kashiwa is lovey dovey with his girlfriend, would we tag it as ...yuri...?

Since Kashiwa is a girl, yes.

Or don't you think trans women are women?

well you corrected it for me, so i don't have to now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't blame him much, it's just we could of done without the outburst and elbow, then again if you're being disappointed over and over a bit of frustration sets in. Maybe the author thought she deserved a good one on the face? To be honest if she were my friend I'd probably have a few strong words for her.

I don't think the author thought she deserved it, nor did I see it as a set-up that the guy was abusive since it was clearly an accident. But the bruise from it was necessary as an obvious mark that her family would see, leading to the conversation with her new sister and underlining the earlier comments about her having given up.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't think the author thought she deserved it, nor did I see it as a set-up that the guy was abusive since it was clearly an accident. But the bruise from it was necessary as an obvious mark that her family would see, leading to the conversation with her new sister and underlining the earlier comments about her having given up.

That makes sense, she doesn't value herself enough. I can't say I'm surprised, as the eldest with no other family in sight she does have big responsibilities to bring in the dough.

joined Mar 14, 2014

I know that the guy is a big piece of shit but why are some many people bothered by him. Again I'm not defending the guy or anything he is a asshole no doubt about it but I think people are taking it a little to far.

Nah he's really bad, the author clearly made this guy unlikeable.
Funnily enough, the second guy to be featured in this manga also elbows his... sex-colleague? I mean he's not that much of an asshole because pretty much everyone that wants to be left alone and sort of angry and is grabbed from behind does that elbow toss, still ouch.

I almost feel like tumblr's war on men has followed me into this work.

I'll continue on for a little while but like many others I don't really understand where the author is going with this, it doesn't flow well and isn't that interesting.
There's other manga that deal with trans better in more details, and as a SoL this is pretty angsty and not really my cup of tea.

I find the manga pretty entertaining but after ch5 I think I hate him a little more.I'm hoping she doesn't go out with him.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Finally, some angsty yuri backstory. I wish it stayed part of the actual storyline, but we all know what's from here...

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This was a good chapter. I wonder who it is Kasumi really likes?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I missed that earlier.

Wow.

Just...wow.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

hurray for backstory! i actually really liked this

joined Feb 19, 2011

OMG I am love Kashiwa~ So much of how I feel~ I had to explain to my mom how just cuz i wanna be a woman didn't mean I was gay. It's an IDENTITY ISSUE~ not a sexual one~

joined Mar 23, 2013

I missed that earlier.

Wow.

Just...wow.

Well stay awhile there, then read a work in which the guy(s) are portrayed with absolutely no redeeming qualities and it gets to you. Just like reading/listening/watching depressing things gets to your morale real fast.

I like this chapter, finally we get a serious chapter about the character who's the most interesting because of his/her gender issue.

And contrary to my "man hating" rambling, I must say I felt a certain satisfaction at seeing the annoying high school guy get whacked in the face, although it was in typical "B-baka" tsundere fashion.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

goddamn, kashiwa continues with the hard carry. she better keep it up <3

joined Oct 12, 2013

Is this yuri yet?

joined Jul 8, 2013

Fuck. I accidentally read this chapter despite the fact that I hate this series SO DAMN MUCH. But honestly, I didn't regret it since FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE SERIES STARTED this was a decent chapter. Uozumi got all his hopes and dreams crushed (which was great since he's the scummiest scum to ever walk the earth) and I got to see that adorable story between Kashiwa and Kasumi, which was perfect.
But holy fuck, seriously? Uozumi is somehow getting even scummier. did you notice how at the end there HE LITERALLY JUST JUMPED RIGHT BACK THE LITTLE SISTER AGAIN!? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY!? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS MANGAKA!? How are you gonna write in a love interest this utterly unlikable.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Fuck. I accidentally read this chapter despite the fact that I hate this series SO DAMN MUCH. But honestly, I didn't regret it since FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE SERIES STARTED this was a decent chapter. Uozumi got all his hopes and dreams crushed (which was great since he's the scummiest scum to ever walk the earth) and I got to see that adorable story between Kashiwa and Kasumi, which was perfect.

He's pretty bad but he's not the scummiest scum ever. I know it's hyperbole so I shouldn't take it at face value, but still.

But holy fuck, seriously? Uozumi is somehow getting even scummier. did you notice how at the end there HE LITERALLY JUST JUMPED RIGHT BACK THE LITTLE SISTER AGAIN!? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY!? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS MANGAKA!? How are you gonna write in a love interest this utterly unlikable.

Because he's going to be transformed by all this trans talk and stuff by the end of the series and from come out of his teenage cocoon a changed man! Er... For real, I have no idea where this is going with that particular relationship.

joined Aug 1, 2013

"My penis gets hard"

Instantly bursted out laughing during class.

Uozumi being nothing but a tumor this chapter as well. No surprise. And no, this isn't some feminist bull shit tumblr thing. It's literally because the guy is an ignorant, arrogant dick.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"My penis gets hard"

Instantly bursted out laughing during class.

Uozumi being nothing but a tumor this chapter as well. No surprise. And no, this isn't some feminist bull shit tumblr thing. It's literally because the guy is an ignorant, arrogant dick.

you know im one of the only people who doesn't hate him probably, mostly cause he reminds me of some typical teenage boys i would know.

And yeah that line could have been done better lol it was unintentionally hilarious, aside from that though i liked this chapter, this is by no means what i consider "great" but its not bad either, will keep reading

speaking of tumblr, wtf happened there? i only browse it to get animated gifs and look at korra and asami being cute as fuck <-- being the keyword ;D

last edited at Sep 10, 2014 7:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.