Forum › Choir discussion

joined Feb 15, 2013

Am I the only one feel kinda sad, that Mawata may have had unrequited love toward Mayuko don't know since how long, (considering their childhood friend status). And how even now she still has to suppress it while try to support her friend relationship with another girl?

I wish she would confess and let her feeling know at least

Without spoiling stuff I will say there are Mawata developments later.

Ah, thank. Hopefully it will be some good development for her then.

I kinda like Mawata honestly. Her carefree nature aside, I am especially weak against girl with unfullfilling required love.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Just hope it won't turn into some pseudo-love triangle. :/ After Mayuko and Shousei became an actual couple, don't want things to go backward just to try and add some drama from that. ><

Glad this is back on being scanlated. As for the loli part, that example posted earlier seems to be kinda on part with what was in the manga so far. Rereading this, there were a few bath scenes and cover showing Mayuko wearing just a cloak and so on. ^^;

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So having your girls kiss sensually is okay, but showing a young girl in what amounts to a bikini is wrong.

Sure, Zefiberyl . Makes complete sense.

In any case, I am glad this one got picked up again.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So having your girls kiss sensually is okay, but showing a young girl in what amounts to a bikini is wrong.

Sure, Zefiberyl . Makes complete sense.

In any case, I am glad this one got picked up again.

First, I only posted that pic as an example - there are more explict ones to come as I eluded - including a totaly naked frontal full page one if i remember.

Second - there isn't actually anything wrong with 2 fully clothed girls kissing even if they are underage - i wouldn't call it erotic or anything. But a drawing of a nearly naked underage girl - I'm sure in the eyes of the 'law' is going to be more problematic - depending on country.

Third - they were going by how they thought the law in that country would judge it - not how THEY did.

Fourth - one of them didn't like loli - I hope you'd agree the amount of it they are willing to put up with and where the line is for them - is their call alone.

Fifth - try instead, thanking them for the hundreds of hours of work they must of put into the 28 chapters they did.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 6:20AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Chor release? What year is this?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There is 1 more volume after this one?

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

This Manga...

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. It's cute, fun, and at times almost romantic. Though at times it really doesn't seem to know what kind of mood it wants to set, with characters fluctuating between chapters. Perhaps it's just a 4-koma/Comedy thing and I'm just unused to the format.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I only discovered Choir recently, when the translation resumed. Still reading, but I'm loving it. A lot.
Has the perfect mix between slice of life, comedy and yuri. I would kill for an anime of this.

Mayuko and Shousei are so cute. It's awesome when Mayuko takes the lead.
And the part in the roof, suki, suki, daisuki... was cuteness overload!!

I love Kyouko too. She's amazing. Rooting for her and Mawata.

EDIT

PS: Regarding this last point...
Chapter 24... Mawata, you big, big, idiot!!! You don't realize how lucky you are!?
Poor Kyouko, seeing her criying to sleep was heartbreaking.
She's amazing, hopefuly she will found her charming princess. Gambatte Kyouko-san!!!

last edited at Oct 15, 2015 1:36PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

In Shakespeare the men moved the forest, in Tolkien the forest moved the men, in Tenpogensui the doujinshi don't sell out.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oooh, new chapter :3 Guess that solve the Mawata "issue".

Also : http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/choir_ch30#4 < I kinda thought "be glad you're not in Saki-verse" here ^^;

joined Jan 8, 2014

Oh cool new ch... thanks for translating ^_^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yup that was the last chapter of volume 2 (just checked) I make that 15 'chapters' left.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Rincewind - on your hidden last points -

PS: Regarding this last point...
Chapter 24... Mawata, you big, big, idiot!!! You don't realize how lucky you are!?
Poor Kyouko, seeing her criying to sleep was heartbreaking.
She's amazing, hopefuly she will found her charming princess. Gambatte Kyouko-san!!!

Spoilery
I have the originals - and I can't give you details since my Japanese is bad but I can say by the
end both are a lot happier!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks Binbou Scanlation for another great chapter btw :) I always really enjoy this manga - you got this chapter out pretty fast!

And Luhood - I think its part of its strength actually - that it doesn't stick to just comedy - I wish more 4 koma and comedy manga would be fine with varying it up more and mixing in segments that weren't just comedy. When was the last time you saw a comedy with yuri subtext / jokes (like yuru yuri etc) that then actually took the yuri somewhere beyond a gag? I love choir for doing that.

It would be like if in yuru yuri Kyouko and Ayano actually became girlfriends in the show - and who thinks that's gonna happen?

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 11:05AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Yaaay~! thanks for that spoiler elevown. An happy Kyouko will make me happy!

And I would kill to see Kyouko and Ayano dating in Yuru Yuri. The same for Himawari and Sakurako!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's what doujins are for.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Doujins are nice, of course.
But seeing it happening in the original work is something special.
It's glorious.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yup that was the last chapter of volume 2 (just checked) I make that 15 'chapters' left.

ah, awesome :D

That reminds me, there are also some doujinshi from the author for this series...we might translate those too. Won't promise anything, I haven't really decided yet.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That reminds me, there are also some doujinshi from the author for this series...we might translate those too. Won't promise anything, I haven't really decided yet.

Are they choir doujins - or yuri? if so I for one will hope you do do them :)

They're for Choir. He does have other doujinshi...pretty much all het and futa. He's quite well known among the English community for his Sailor Moon futa stuff.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

They're for Choir. He does have other doujinshi...pretty much all het and futa. He's quite well known among the English community for his Sailor Moon futa stuff.

I'd have zero interest in the het or futa stuff but wow - choir doujins by the actual author! Anyway - I'm just super glad to see choir itself getting worked on again :)

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Looks like vol.3 won't be done, am I right?

Thanks for this work anyway!

There's been a translation script for it that I've had for a long while.

Ask Shrimp Mayo if they're still working on typesetting it or not. There's also the option of learning editing yourself to get this thing finished.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

OTL

To reply you must either login or sign up.