Forum › Arcadia ~Flowers of Paradise~ discussion

Suzumiya-haruhi-1
joined Jul 7, 2013

I like the ending but it's like a cliff hanger for me. No more?? BITIN >.<

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

I like the ending but it's like a cliff hanger for me. No more?? BITIN >.<

i think, i know wut you mean, i felt like that too when i first read it but told myself.. "and nanako regained conciousness, they meet again, happy ending :D yay!"

btw, i laughed at the tagalog word :P

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Almost a cliff hanger :p

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

But.. Nanako was behind her in the end so.. She already came? D: .. Awesome! :3

joined Nov 14, 2013

Cliffhanger? I always just thought the girl went to the store or something while the other girl thought she disappeared

joined Jul 20, 2011

Nanako was behind her in the end so.. She already came?

Given what they were doing on the previous pages it is very easy to misinterpretate your words =^·^=

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

So, she came back as a normal human or maybe still her ghost-self? I don't understand the differences so I'll think it's a good ending.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Very lovely, mysterious, cliffhanger yuri manga. Heartfelt =)

joined May 2, 2014

Woow nice something new finally !

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

O.O That pic of her sitting up in bed (chapter 1, page 4) was so cute.

That... was really good, I want more.

last edited at Sep 21, 2014 3:57PM

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

this was great. I don't know why but I really love ghost yuri.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is it just me or did the story seem to kinda derail itself there? Chapter 1 ends with Nanako vowing to tell Yui that she remembers her past then chapter 2 doesn't even touch on that and instead she suddenly inexplicably has a physical body long enough for a sex scene after which she just completely disappears without explanation.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Is it just me or did the story seem to kinda derail itself there? Chapter 1 ends with Nanako vowing to tell Yui that she remembers her past then chapter 2 doesn't even touch on that and instead she suddenly inexplicably has a physical body long enough for a sex scene after which she just completely disappears without explanation.

It does touch upon the past thing, it's just that she chooses to not address it, after Yui asks her about it. If you go by what is widely accepted when dealing with ghosts or read this then her disappearing isn't weird, her having a physical body can be attributed to strong emotional feelings, and she does come back. Look at the last page again.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon

It does touch upon the past thing, it's just that she chooses to not address it, after Yui asks her about it.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. (Or I'm not on the same page as you here.) I know that it showed some flashbacks of her memories of living but in chapter one she resolved that she was going to tell Yui the truth about remembering her past when she got home then that never happened. It's not even implied that it happened off-screen or anything either. Since that was kinda a fairly major detail in the first chapter it really results in the second chapter feeling really disjointed.

If you go by what is widely accepted when dealing with ghosts or read this then her disappearing isn't weird, her having a physical body can be attributed to strong emotional feelings

Fair enough point, I do think it's something that shouldn't just happen with zero explanation though.

and she does come back. Look at the last page again.

Yeah, I know. That's not what I meant though. Even ignoring the part where chapter 1 is almost completely disconnected from the events of chapter 2 they both confess their feelings to the other, Yui falls asleep, then when she wakes up Nanako is gone without any explanation at all and is clearly gone for many years judging by the last page.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I know. That's not what I meant though. Even ignoring the part where chapter 1 is almost completely disconnected from the events of chapter 2 they both confess their feelings to the other, Yui falls asleep, then when she wakes up Nanako is gone without any explanation at all and is clearly gone for many years judging by the last page.

It couldn't be several years or Yui would have graduated already. I'm guessing a few weeks, maybe a few months at the outside.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think you misunderstood what I meant. (Or I'm not on the same page as you here.) I know that it showed some flashbacks of her memories of living but in chapter one she resolved that she was going to tell Yui the truth about remembering her past when she got home then that never happened. It's not even implied that it happened off-screen or anything either. Since that was kinda a fairly major detail in the first chapter it really results in the second chapter feeling really disjointed.

I'm not referring to the flashbacks. I'm just saying that Nanako just got scared and chose not to tell her ultimately. It's not that big a deal. To me at least, it's understandable considering the situation.

It's not years, it's at most, by my assumption, a few weeks. Maybe a month. And as I said (showed through the other manga), Nanako got resolution to whatever bound her there and that's why she disappeared. I don't see the disconnection you seem to feel is there.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan

It couldn't be several years or Yui would have graduated already. I'm guessing a few weeks, maybe a few months at the outside.

Oh, I completely misinterpreted that now that I went back and compared it to her school uniform earlier (as well as her hair). It looked to me at first like she was older (longer hair which actually wasn't the case, it was just longer than I realized) and not wearing the school's uniform which would imply she graduated and came back as a staff member or something.

telamon

I'm not referring to the flashbacks. I'm just saying that Nanako just got scared and chose not to tell her ultimately. It's not that big a deal. To me at least, it's understandable considering the situation.

It's still not addressed at all after it being a fairly major point in the first chapter. Deciding not to tell her would be understandable but the story should address that choice since it was intended to be the next major development after the end of the first chapter.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It's still not addressed at all after it being a fairly major point in the first chapter. Deciding not to tell her would be understandable but the story should address that choice since it was intended to be the next major development after the end of the first chapter.

If you see where the two chapters are published, it's clear that it was not made to be a two-shot, hence why it's not addressed here. It reads as a one-shot. Both read as separate one-shots with the same continuity. If they weren't grouped I bet that you'd never even guess that there was another 'chapter'.

And even if it was a thought out two-shot, the intended development was never the talk, it was a confrontation of their feelings. What transpired in the second chapter is more than enough to see that they will indeed talk after Nanako comes back.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 8:37PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon

If you see where the two chapters are published, it's clear that it was not made to be a two-shot, hence why it's not addressed here. It reads as a one-shot. Both read as separate one-shots with the same continuity. If they weren't grouped I bet that you'd never even guess that there was another 'chapter'.

I hadn't noticed that. It does go right along with what I first said about the two chapters seeming really disjointed though. If they hadn't been labelled chapter 1 and chapter 2 I would have questioned whether they were even the same characters despite the same names and such because the two chapters are so completely different.

At the very least I question the decision to label them as chapter 1 and chapter 2 when, as you said, they're more like two separate one-shots with the same characters. That label is especially an issue when the reader sees that there's two chapters and moves on from chapter 1 with certain expectations from its developments only to not only see those expectations lived up to but not even so much as mentioned. I don't know whether that one is a fault of the author or just how it's handled on the site but with the way it's handled it ends up marring the entire thing overall in my opinion. (Looks like it may just be something on the site's side though judging by the title pages of each chapter. Neither of them mention chapters and they both seem to have the exact same name too, though that bit is a confusing choice on its own, lol.)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Why question the decision when it's clear it's the same characters, in the same environment? There are probably a few 'one-shots' that are in the same boat as this one, but are not grouped, and I bet people would want them to be in one group because they're relevant to each other. I certainly would.

I really don't get what's disjointed about it. I probably edited it too late when you wrote your reply but I'll just quote what I said

And even if it was a thought out two-shot, the intended development was never the talk, it was a confrontation of their feelings. What transpired in the second chapter is more than enough to see that they will indeed talk after Nanako comes back.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 8:48PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why question the decision when it's clear it's the same characters, in the same environment? There are probably a few 'one-shots' that are in the same boat as this one, but are not grouped, and I bet people would want them to be in one group because they're relevant to each other. I certainly would.

I really don't get what's disjointed about it. I probably edited it too late when you wrote your reply but I'll just quote what I said

A handful of the Yuri Hime Wildrose stories got short follow-ups in Petite Yuri HIme.

joined Mar 25, 2013

A handful of the Yuri Hime Wildrose stories got short follow-ups in Petite Yuri HIme.

So is there a follow-up for this one?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So is there a follow-up for this one?

Not for this one, it's an apparently rare case of YHW doing a follow-up to a YH story instead.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon

I question the decision because it makes things feel far more disjointed and detracts from the overall story in my view due to that fact.

It seems like you're never going to get why it's disjointed then because I've already explained why it feels that way.

joined Jul 27, 2016

no one notice that she shouldn't be blushing because she is a gost and blushing in a short for blood rush plus how could she know that she like her if she don't even have a heart to skip a beat

To reply you must either login or sign up.