Forum › Gokicha discussion

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

omg ew NO! This manga is a nightmare! I HATE PALEMETTO BUGS ( type of cockroach in Florida they are huge) this manga just screams PALMETTO CENTRAL!

Damn bastard will attack you and will fly at you ... I know because I have been attack a few times one even bit me! T-T

read first chapter and have the chills going down my spine.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

Has much has I don't like cockroaches you must admit that this manga is cute or at least on some level that it is cute.

And I somewhat bad for her but hey what can you expect she's a roach despised by humans.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, where I lived there are a hell lot of roaches. While they are disgusting, well, they are disgusting. Anyways, I don't like 'em flying at me... But if cockroaches are this cute, I probably wouldn't mind being crawled on.

On second thought, still no.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

Guess I'm lucky then to have never even seen a cochroach (benefits of living in the godforsaken north) and being able too just enjoy the cuteness.

joined Nov 11, 2010

This is kinda fucked up...guro? snuff? Is this mangaka aware of what pesticide does to insects? It's like nerve poison...I cringe every time I see the cockroach girl get doused in it.

Also yeah, those death scenes are pretty much the only ones which make me feel pity for the main character...otherwise fuck no, man, cockroaches are freakin' filthy. Seeing all the cockroach things they do completely suppresses my moe instinct.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This is kinda fucked up...guro? snuff? Is this mangaka aware of what pesticide does to insects? It's like nerve poison...I cringe every time I see the cockroach girl get doused in it.

I think she's immortal? More or less explicitly immune to poison, and stomping just knocks her out for a bit

[...] cockroaches are freakin' filthy. Seeing all the cockroach things they do completely suppresses my moe instinct.

Huh, I guess I should be glad to live in the frozen north. Never having seen a cockroach allows me to enjoy this

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I haven't read beyond the first chapter =D I am deathly afraid of those thing, I can handle a spider being in my room but the minute I see a palmetto my ass is up for the night out of my room paranoid.

I stuff the door cracks to my room too make me feel better at night only during the summer though =))) even though they can flatten their self paper thin I still feel better. It like a common house bug in FL during the summer (shivers)

joined May 17, 2013

I love it. That is all.

But no seriously, this almost makes me not want to kill and eradicate every cockroach within a 5 billion mile radius.....ALMOST.

And trust me sunshine, I know how you feel. Lucky for me Palmetto bugs live about 30 minutes away from me, but when I used to travel for football games and I saw one of those bastards......almost crapped myself.

Kain_o_insano
joined May 25, 2012

I haven't read beyond the first chapter =D I am deathly afraid of those thing, I can handle a spider being in my room but the minute I see a palmetto my ass is up for the night out of my room paranoid.

You, good sir/madam, are crazy. Maybe it's because I only see cockroaches if I decide to take a stroll around the city at 1 am (or maybe it's because I watched Arachnophobia when I was a impressionable child and that scarred for life), but 10/10 I would prefer the cockroach.

Anyway, yeah she can be kind of cute and all, but it is against my code to leave any cockroach alive if I can prevent it, so no love for this manga :/

joined May 17, 2013

You, good sir/madam, are crazy. Maybe it's because I only see cockroaches if I decide to take a stroll around the city at 1 am (or maybe it's because I watched Arachnophobia when I was a impressionable child and that scarred for life), but 10/10 I would prefer the cockroach.

Reading this I think it boils down to individuality. I love spiders. If I find a spider in my house I never kill I just pick it up with a piece of paper and take it outside.

I find a cockroach in my house and I call russia to send a nuclear strike my way.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's hard for me to picture her as an actual cockroach, just some tiny little monster girl that happens to resemble one. Then again, just about the only experience I have with them is when they're in glass cages.

I actually like the side characters better. Somehow they're just more entertaining. I kinda feel sorry for the part timer girl though...

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh, nice to see this here.
Cuteness!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm not sure if those extra chapters should really be placed at start

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not sure if those extra chapters should really be placed at start

They kinda read like "prototype" chapters, getting used to the characters before it gets serialized, more than stuff added to an ongoing series. Seems natural to put them first to me.

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

I found it very cute....but for me she's more like a little person than a real bug so it might be why i enjoy it ^^
(because i really hate bugs in real life)

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

LOL, all the people calling cockroaches filthy. The author knows what's up; you think it's a coincidence that she has a compulsion to clean? I'll bet people wouldn't hate them if they killed flies... (which ARE filthy)

joined Jul 19, 2013

Am I the only one who's really sad for Gokicha? She's trying so hard to make friends but its so futile...

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

You're not the only one my comrade. However, while you look at it in a more realistic sense, roaches are filthy and they eat shit. Literally. They also carry some diseases if you ever got bitten. And yes, they do bite.

In a more animealistic sense, Gokicha and the other roach is definitely cute. Btw, I like that part-timer... She always encounter Gokicha...

Now, if cockroaches do indeed clean, then that's a very different matter. Spiders are actually needed you know. They eat flies which are also disgusting... But back home, we play them spiders... let them kill each other! MUAHAHAH!!

joined Jan 11, 2013

so I just read a manga about roach girls...

Img_20130506_204324
joined May 6, 2013

I think i will never kill a cockroach again. Moe power Lol

joined Nov 14, 2013

Who'd thought a manga about cockroaches would bee so damn cute! Hang in there Gochika!

Gokicha x Friendly cat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh man, Dynasty also has Gokicha? Fantastic, since I found the series last year it has become one of my favorites and to be honest, now I don't have the heart to kill a roach anymore.

IIRC there's at least two more chapter that aren't here.

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Still , twisted feelings for this manga.
IRL, I'm so afraid of these creatures. But at here, I'm squealing. The "Combat" picture in chapter 35 notes scares me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.