Forum › Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami discussion

joined Apr 20, 2013

I just can't get enough of this series! It's the 3rd time rereading and the more I read, the more things make sense.

<3

joined Nov 30, 2011

Couldn't agree more. I reread this one on a regular basis. Tons of action, hot chicks (including a cross dressing one), and a tsundere heroine with a side of crazy monster things thrown in for good measure. Also, it has pretty good male side characters as well. Totally worth reading. And rereading in my case.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:36AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Thank you to the people who mentioned this manga in the Citrus comment section.

This was glorious. I wasn't actually sure if Himeka actually liked Hyou in that sense, but Ranka kinda made it obvious here and this confession was kinda hard to ignore.

And then Hyou had these moments like this and this that pretty much confirmed it was mutual.

Tbh. The art was wonderful, but I was somewhat surprised there was so much violence that it didn't turn into gore at one point. Anyhow. This has 100% re-read value.

Bumping this thread so people read this.

joined Nov 30, 2011

You are more than welcome Onyxpanda!! I'm so glad others are reading this =D

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

This wonderful manga is being underrated. In my opinion, it has everything a top manga should have: art, story plot, actions, and oh-mah-gosh the yuri, must not forget the yuri. All the elements that keep the readers on edge until they have finished reading it.

joined May 20, 2013

I wasn't actually sure if Himeka actually liked Hyou in that sense, but Ranka kinda made it obvious here and this confession was kinda hard to ignore.

And then Hyou had these moments like this and this that pretty much confirmed it was mutual.

I also think that the Yuri – or Subtext, but rather the former – tag is missing. Besides that, while reading the last chapters again, I noticed something I hadn't before... Does the outfit difference between page 120 (chapter 19) and page 148 (final chapter) imply rape? I wish I didn't notice.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I wasn't actually sure if Himeka actually liked Hyou in that sense, but Ranka kinda made it obvious here and this confession was kinda hard to ignore.

I also think that the Yuri – or Subtext, but rather the former – tag is missing. Besides that, while reading the last chapters again, I noticed something I hadn't before... Does the outfit difference between page 120 (chapter 19) and page 148 (final chapter) imply rape? I wish I didn't notice.

Good catch. I wouldn't doubt that it had happened as I've made that conclusion myself tbh.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I don't know how I haven't read this before. All I know is that it needs an anime.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Right!!? It's such an awesome series!

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

man, I wish I had a copy of this...just take it with me wherever I go~! >_<

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wow... How'd I miss this gem! At about half way thru the series I was all : "and why hasn't this been optioned as an anime?"
Seriously why, this story is awesome!

joined Sep 11, 2014

This is an epic manga. One that does yuri & action justice

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

More converts!

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

that black widow remind me of attack on titan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Serisouly, this should have been made into an anime.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

why have i not heard of this be for its amazing!

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Wow. Just wow. And here I thought kill la kill had the embarrassing outfits. Lol.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

While this manga is great for all the reason mentioned above, I really like the historical aspect of it. It's also the only manga I've ever read to even mention the Ainu, even if it wasn't by name. And for a Japanese writer to say that Japanese actions involving the Ainu and Korea were wrong, no better than Western imperialism... that's pretty amazing.

joined Oct 3, 2015

this is a cool manga. i saw this on another site. i started reading it there then realized that dynasty must have this manga in their archive. i prefer reading here.

anyways, this manga totally deserves something like an award or animation. seriously, it's one of the best mangas out there. this was just plain genius. action, historical, ecchi and of course the yuri! i just can't get enough of this. if this were to be an anime i hope they add more romance to it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Just finished another reread of this magnificent manga. This is seriously a solid story, good art, excellent action, light on the ecchi, great characters and a fun read.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

This is like an "everything but the kitchen sink" type manga, there's something for everyone to like in it. I wholeheartedly mean that as a compliment, it was a very entertaining read for me.

I personally thought their outfits were awesome, I'm going to just have to assume that the Himegami created a pro wrestling league after the story's events all calmed down. Shhhhh, dare to dream.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm surprised this doesn't have an anime, it should really get one, seems a lot like great anime material

joined Feb 1, 2013

This is (at least) my third time reading through this, and during this most recent reading, I suddenly realized why the art looked so familiar- the mangaka is the person behind "Dance of the Vampire Bund" and the Super Hero anthology like "Don't Meddle with My Daughter" as well as the yuri doujin spin-off featuring the MC's daughter.

All of that said, this has to be their best work, as well as probably the most underrated- seeing as how I feel it's their best written work. And I'd also like to say that I'm in total agreement with FlameHazeKatsu- seeing as how my physical copies of Murcielago are great to have around!

last edited at Apr 7, 2020 7:41PM

0b21d3bd644f4d653b7731e7035d82f4
joined Mar 19, 2019

Nice story :v

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Found this one on another site and read it all. It was nice even with the whole big chest fan service but the open end make it like the author had a sequel planned or axed it. At least it was a good change of path for more traditional yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.