Forum › Sadistic Beauty: Side Story discussion

Avatartumblr_mpvg8jhf141s7jg4vo1_500
joined Apr 9, 2014

There are certain things that I have been told about Gyerin in Sadistic Beauty and that is that the protagonist of that story has treated her badly, even forced her to participate in a threesome with a man when she is clearly a lesbian and even knowing that Gyerin had feelings for her, she continued using her like a sex toy and gave her hope for a future together.

This is such bullshit. Y’all should really read the whole comic before shitting on a character you don’t even know.

First of all, Doona NEVER treated Gyerin badly; in fact, her relationship with Gyerin was the healthiest one.

Secondly, Doona also NEVER forced Gyerin to participate in that threesome - Gyerin was the one who fucking suggested it! What happens in that chapter is that Haesol shows up to talk with Doona, who had just finished having sex with Gyerin. Doona tells Gyerin to go home, Gyerin gets jealous and refuses to leave, so in order to stay with her she suggests the threesome.

Thirdly, Gyerin herself didn’t know that she was a lesbian until she fell in love with Doona. There’s even a scene where Gyerin is telling herself “I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian”. It was only confirmed by the author that she was indeed a lesbian and not bisexual on their Q&A in chapter 100.

Finally, Doona NEVER gave Gyerin false hope. From the very beginning, Doona made it very clear to ALL of her partners that she was not interested in being in a serious relationship and Gyerin agreed to being her sex partner in spite of that. Eventually Gyerin confessed that she had feelings for her, Doona reiterated that she only wanted to be friends with benefits, but that didn’t make Gyerin happy anymore so she left. That’s all.

For some reason people love to shit on Doona, who is indeed a flawed character, but not for the actual mistakes that she made. It’s always the “I’ve heard this and that” bullshit. And since no one bothers to read the comic anyway, people buy it. As someone who’s been following this series for practically 5 years now, I’m seriously sick of this. Don’t believe everything people tell you, especially those who never bothered reading the whole thing.

EDIT: I also forgot to add, but after Gyerin confessed her feelings and Doona rejected her, Doona never contacted her again precisely because she didn’t want to take advantage of her feelings. They eventually meet up at some point by coincidence, Gyerin gives her a piece of her mind, Doona feels bad for not being able to give Gyerin what she really wanted (but it’s not like she could choose who she falls in love with), and if I remember correctly, she apologizes for hurting Gyerin, and they both move on.

last edited at May 5, 2021 1:05AM

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Let's fucking gooooooo lesbeeaannsss!!!

Let's goooooooo!!!!!!

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

There are certain things that I have been told about Gyerin in Sadistic Beauty and that is that the protagonist of that story has treated her badly, even forced her to participate in a threesome with a man when she is clearly a lesbian and even knowing that Gyerin had feelings for her, she continued using her like a sex toy and gave her hope for a future together.

This is such bullshit. Y’all should really read the whole comic before shitting on a character you don’t even know.

First of all, Doona NEVER treated Gyerin badly; in fact, her relationship with Gyerin was the healthiest one.

Secondly, Doona also NEVER forced Gyerin to participate in that threesome - Gyerin was the one who fucking suggested it! What happens in that chapter is that Haesol shows up to talk with Doona, who had just finished having sex with Gyerin. Doona tells Gyerin to go home, Gyerin gets jealous and refuses to leave, so in order to stay with her she suggests the threesome.

Thirdly, Gyerin herself didn’t know that she was a lesbian until she fell in love with Doona. There’s even a scene where Gyerin is telling herself “I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian”. It was only confirmed by the author that she was indeed a lesbian and not bisexual on their Q&A in chapter 100.

Finally, Doona NEVER gave Gyerin false hope. From the very beginning, Doona made it very clear to ALL of her partners that she was not interested in being in a serious relationship and Gyerin agreed to being her sex partner in spite of that. Eventually Gyerin confessed that she had feelings for her, Doona reiterated that she only wanted to be friends with benefits, but that didn’t make Gyerin happy anymore so she left. That’s all.

For some reason people love to shit on Doona, who is indeed a flawed character, but not for the actual mistakes that she made. It’s always the “I’ve heard this and that” bullshit. And since no one bothers to read the comic anyway, people buy it. As someone who’s been following this series for practically 5 years now, I’m seriously sick of this. Don’t believe everything people tell you, especially those who never bothered reading the whole thing.

EDIT: I also forgot to add, but after Gyerin confessed her feelings and Doona rejected her, Doona never contacted her again precisely because she didn’t want to take advantage of her feelings. They eventually meet up at some point by coincidence, Gyerin gives her a piece of her mind, Doona feels bad for not being able to give Gyerin what she really wanted (but it’s not like she could choose who she falls in love with), and if I remember correctly, she apologizes for hurting Gyerin, and they both move on.

I second everything Mari said. If you don't want to read the comic, okay, it's your choice. But if you chose not to read it and have your own opinion about its contents, please don't encourage this kind of behavior -- especially when you have absolute no idea about what you're agreeing with.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

I'm not familiar with the sadistic beauty series, but i'm already hooked - it's the "you'd disgust me if you weren't so hot" for me XD and two girls that already know they are wlw we love to see it

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Looks interesting and the art is pretty good. I'm still looking for a manhua that could fill the void that Fluttering Feelings left.

I'm stilling trying to fill the void of On a Leash that got put on indefinite hiatus. It had similar themes in the S&M genre, absolutely gorgeous shapeshifters too.

6bdfe0ec04eb8a166cfa0839873926a9
joined Aug 20, 2020

Everything I have been told about Sadistic Beauty is from a lot of people who have read the story. I don't care if there are people who do not agree with what I shared.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Regarding the new spoilers seeing the past event in a different light, it just makes me think again that I don't want to read the original after all and I just want to read this yuri side story.

joined Apr 9, 2014

Everything I have been told about Sadistic Beauty is from a lot of people who have read the story. I don't care if there are people who do not agree with what I shared.

It’s not about “agreeing with what you said”; you’re just straight up lying. I could go and screenshot every single panel that contradicts what you said, but from the looks of it even if I did that you would not admit that you were wrong. So here is just one: GYERIN SUGGESTING THAT THEY HAVE A THREESOME: https://ibb.co/0J9t2sk. Sure looks like it was Doona who forced her, huh?

joined Apr 9, 2014

Regarding the new spoilers seeing the past event in a different light, it just makes me think again that I don't want to read the original after all and I just want to read this yuri side story.

That’s fair. I just want people to know that Doona is important to Gyerin: she only realized she was a lesbian after she met Doona; she only realized she was into BDSM because she met Doona, and she is only able to guide Juyeon through it because of her experiences with Doona. Also, like I said, Doona NEVER mistreated her, they just wanted different things and parted ways. Doona is no longer in Gyerin’s life, but meeting her brought her to where she is right now, and if they ever meet again, I’m sure Doona will be beyond happy when she finds out that Gyerin found another woman who could give her what she couldn’t.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Let's put things this way and make this ordeal easier to understand: If not for Doona, Gyerin wouldn't even have gotten this GL side story. The end.

If you guys want to believe anything others said instead of trying to see things with your own eyes and have your own opinion regarding the matter, once again it's your choice. No one here is trying to coerce or force you to believe the other way around, but as I stated previously you're just helping to spread the hate seed -- and believe me, indirectly contributing to even more serious stuff.

Please give Mari a break, would you, and at least try to take into consideration what she's saying before deciding whether or not you're going to agree or dissgree with her. If anything, I'm siding with her now because I've never known someone as passionate as her regarding Korean comics.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm outta here. The topic has derailled a lot already.

lapislazulii
B6071aac7a563dcf7b3ca75169a02fc0
joined Dec 4, 2018

I love this already, I just want to voice my appreciation for the translation and typesetting, very clean work!

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020

Igxvyqishxbhjoqe OMG THIS IS SO GOOOD

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

It’s not about “agreeing with what you said”; you’re just straight up lying. I could go and screenshot every single panel that contradicts what you said, but from the looks of it even if I did that you would not admit that you were wrong. So here is just one: GYERIN SUGGESTING THAT THEY HAVE A THREESOME: https://ibb.co/0J9t2sk. Sure looks like it was Doona who forced her, huh?

As a non-reader of the original series, I'd say that out of this exchange, Mari seems to be more knowledgeable of what they're talking about than someone who's just piecing together what they remember being told by various other readers, who frankly don't sound like they enjoyed those plot points and must have let those emotions affect the way they recounted the story.
Ever heard of the game of telephone? There's the source material/original message, then there's the first interpretation of that message (Mari and Ju Lilac), and then there's thewoman00 with their interpretation of various other interpretations of the message.
Regarding the provided story sample, it is at least clear to me that it really isn't a matter of opinion over what happened, when it's factually written there in black and white.

TLDR, ppl who base their opinions on hearsay should admit that they didn't experience the story firsthand, their opinions are based on the retelling of the story by others that are biased from their own opinions of what happened.
It seems very possible that talking about stuff when you have no idea what you're talking about just might lead to you being wrong, lmao. Just my two cents, because stubbornness baffles me.

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

Could we not have raging discourse about the main story that's largely independent of this (besides the fact that she's on the rebound) here? We'll have plenty of it when (if?) story B drops here anyway

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Princess_anime posted:

Could we not have raging discourse about the main story that's largely independent of this (besides the fact that she's on the rebound) here? We'll have plenty of it when (if?) story B drops here anyway

Yeah, agreed. I appreciate what's been said, but unless there's something new, interesting and relevant to this content, I'd appreciate more if we dropped that discourse and moved on.

joined Nov 6, 2020

what even is she?

A HERBO

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

what even is she?

A HERBO

that actually makes sense

UppersDowners
joined Jan 20, 2021

inhales

It is time

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

Never expected to get a yuri side story of sadistic beauty. I'm surprised and happy at the same time :) I dropped the main story of sadistic beauty because it was too much het for my taste. I have now high hopes for this one. I'm already looking forward to the next chapters!

thegadgetfish
Bee
joined Aug 24, 2016

Aw heck yeah. Loving the translations. Clean typesetting work too. Really excited for more chapters.

Blep
joined May 7, 2021

I'm glad this is getting posted here, it's looking very clean! It's been a nightmare finding translations that aren't low pic quality, poorly cropped, and/or a different person posting every chapter.

Also glad that Gyerin gets her own story too bc she was definitely my fav character in the main series even with how conceited she can be at times.

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

GayIdol posted:

and/or a different person posting every chapter.

You don't know that

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING LIKE ME– ya'll need to know that the other chapters are posted in other websites already

This is not an advertisment, but I read a few in the website mangago 'cause I can't wait anymore haha

[link removed]

last edited at May 15, 2021 4:54PM by OrangePekoe

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

GAY GAY HOMOSEXUAL PLACE

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

gyerin is such a bottom on main it is hilarious, i wonder how much bs she'll stand for the girl of her wet dreams XDDD

To reply you must either login or sign up.