Forum › Idiot couple discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sorry, despite the succinct description I am not entirely sure what this tag is actually about.
Are we talking about literal idiots(lacking intelligence) or people who just behave like idiots or airheads or dense characters? Couples without common sense?

It seems awfully vague tbh.

Relopokilolo
Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Couples who act like dorks together but are adorable I guess?

joined Sep 6, 2018

Fabulous! For couples without a clue about their relationships or anything else for that matter.

joined May 24, 2020

Just seeing this tag, i mean isn't it kinda pointless?

joined Aug 28, 2016

Looking at what's been tagged with this so far, it seems like the defining characteristic is that both of the leads are objectively ridiculous, like a comedy duo with no straight man (uh, so to speak).

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

lol I think this is my new fav tag

joined Sep 5, 2018

“Idiot couple” is the usual translation for bakappuru, but this tag’s description doesn’t match the common use for bakappuru at all. An idiot couple is a couple that flaunts their lovey-doveyness to the annoyance of anyone around them. It doesn’t mean two stupid characters or Useless Lesbians. :<

See here, here or here (especially the part about PDA).

last edited at May 28, 2020 11:28AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Looking at what's been tagged with this so far, it seems like the defining characteristic is that both of the leads are objectively ridiculous, like a comedy duo with no straight man (uh, so to speak).

Right. It's basically boke x boke relationships, where the tsukkomi is either a side character or missing entirely. I like this tag. When I see it, I pretty much know what I'm in for.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

this tag remind me to that phrase that the people say here: she/he is my boyfriend/girlfriend but she/he doesn't know xD

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

woah new tag

Bakatown-kun
Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

Arata Iri’s couples are perfect for this tag

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Just notice this new tag. Nice tag!

Dork couples, here I come!

joined Dec 30, 2018

I love this tag

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

Not to be used on dramatic works like Citrus.

That part of the tag always makes me laugh ROFL

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Most important tag in any manga/doujin site ver.
This tag needs to be added to some pictures.

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

With their one braincells combined surely they're unstoppable.

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

the citrus slander lmfao

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sorry, despite the succinct description I am not entirely sure what this tag is actually about.
Are we talking about literal idiots(lacking intelligence) or people who just behave like idiots or airheads or dense characters? Couples without common sense?

It seems awfully vague tbh.

It is necessarily that way. The term is bakappuru (baka + kappuru) and it's normally used in Japan for sickeningly sweet couples who do demonstrative PDA etc. It's only very gradually and occasionally been used like it is here, and that might be feedback from the West.

Here, it's being used more for couples who don't know they're couples or who have general foolishness. Hence, part of the confusion.

It's like how here "useless lesbians" is used here for women who don't follow through in yuri situations.

Its American internet origins are the opposite. A lesbian girl named Tiffany saw a girl in a Catholic schoolgirl uniform fall down, and she was so entranced by seeing her panties she couldn't move to help her up. Her friend not only scolded her by calling her a "useless lesbian," but she hit her with a Bible.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 12:29AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.