Forum › Final Splatfest discussion

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

but it was for Hype

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

As much as I love yuri and shipping, I just can’t see them together for some reason.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight

I agree

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The hype is real

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The hype is real

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I just can’t see them together for some reason.

That is literally the only way that you see them during the entire game.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It's all about that hype.

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

As much as I love yuri and shipping, I just can’t see them together for some reason.

Probably the translation's fault, since they made Marina way more catty and, as I've seen said often enough, "more of a bitch". From what I can tell of Japanese fanart she fawns over the little gremlin.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

this bitch is sleeping on the couch tONIGHT RIP LMAO

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

maidforu posted:

Probably the translation's fault, since they made Marina way more catty and, as I've seen said often enough, "more of a bitch". From what I can tell of Japanese fanart she fawns over the little gremlin.

I was thinking that exactly, I remember her interactions at first how whenever Pearl says something about a map, weapon or whatver Marina would go out of her way to make fun on it, and when Pearl wins any splatfest she play it cool but Marina would be like HA! IN YOUR FACE! and if we go way back people were HATING Pearl for her design so I was... never a fan of Marina but I was really interested in Pearl (Hime in Japan), at first I didn't ship them either (like I did to Callie and Marie) but over time you learn about their story and stuff and then you find official stuff like this

"What was the greatest gift you've ever received?"
Pearl: that I was able to meet Marina

And then, how would you not like them as a combo?

Tumblr_messaging_p85l43ndwo1urvydc_1280
joined Mar 15, 2017

maidforu posted:

I was thinking that exactly, I remember her interactions at first how whenever Pearl says something about a map, weapon or whatver Marina would go out of her way to make fun on it, and when Pearl wins any splatfest she play it cool but Marina would be like HA! IN YOUR FACE! and if we go way back people were HATING Pearl for her design so I was... never a fan of Marina but I was really interested in Pearl (Hime in Japan), at first I didn't ship them either (like I did to Callie and Marie) but over time you learn about their story and stuff and then you find official stuff like this

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Difb6F5VsAAR4w3.jpg)
"What was the greatest gift you've ever received?"
Pearl: that I was able to meet Marina

And then, how would you not like them as a combo?

this is preety true in the english for some reason they gave her personality a major change especially at first only calming down and making it more in line with the origional somewhat down the line with some errors here and there, personally i vastly prefer how the dialouge was handled in the japansese version in events like splatfests as time went on where its just them talking and they have such a fun casual nature to it and they both appreciate the points from the other side most of the time one of my favorites is the christmas and haloween one christmas for the comfort and the fact that pearl saw marina as family by default and was going to bring her along and haloween cause marina is thursty and made a frilly haloween costume for pearl and stealthily dressed as a scary camera man purely to take pictures of pearl

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 10:49PM by Nezchan

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

There's something nice about cute girls in comfortable clothes smooching.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I don't wear the rose-colored yuri goggles too tightly either, but there was only one way to read how Marina feels about Pearl after getting all of the logs in the Octo Expansion.

joined Mar 15, 2017

I don't wear the rose-colored yuri goggles too tightly either, but there was only one way to read how Marina feels about Pearl after getting all of the logs in the Octo Expansion.

yup its preety clear that marina's feelings towards pearl lean more into the romantic side than anything

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

this comment section has been soooooo educational. Seriously thought Marina was suppose to be very chill from what little splatoon stuff I've come across.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

this comment section has been soooooo educational. Seriously thought Marina was suppose to be very chill from what little splatoon stuff I've come across.

same here!

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Pretty much canon.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Goddamnit Pearl

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

this is preety true in the english for some reason they gave her personality a major change especially at first only calming down and making it more in line with the origional somewhat down the line with some errors here and there, personally i vastly prefer how the dialouge was handled in the japansese version in events like splatfests as time went on where its just them talking and they have such a fun casual nature to it and they both appreciate the points from the other side most of the time one of my favorites is the christmas and haloween one christmas for the comfort and the fact that pearl saw marina as family by default and was going to bring her along and haloween cause marina is thursty and made a frilly haloween costume for pearl and stealthily dressed as a scary camera man purely to take pictures of pearl

The "some reason" is likely called Nintendo Treehouse, and their beautiful tendency to fuck original scripts in favor of memes.

last edited at Aug 1, 2019 10:37PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Its all cuz of the HYPE!

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 6:20AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

The "some reason" is likely called Nintendo Treehouse, and their beautiful tendency to fuck original scripts in favor of memes.

i know tree house is stupid and tends to have the rule of memes and funny even though at times its not funny buy id hoped that they would keep characterization intact as it just makes things really conflicting when it comes to different regions to the point where English and Japanese marina are often seen as completely different characters

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

personally i see them as squid arin and octo dan, but i like the splatoon yuri too

To reply you must either login or sign up.