Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

oh my that got kind of lewd at the end there o/////o I wonder if this manga is ever going to go there?

I hope so.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

oh my that got kind of lewd at the end there o/////o I wonder if this manga is ever going to go there?

Oppai kisses have been a thing for a while.

Yeah but they didn't really show anything there. Haruka was visibly turned on in this chapter. Kind of caught me off guard since all we've ever gotten were kisses.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Yeah but they didn't really show anything there. Haruka was visibly turned on in this chapter. Kind of caught me off guard since all we've ever gotten were kisses.

I think that haruka getting turned on is possibly a hint or nod to the fact that Tachi isn't afraid of going there.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Bad idea reading this on the bus. Couldn't keep a straight face at all

How'd everyone around you react?

It was a bus trip from my college campus so there was a few students furrowing their eyebrows at me because my eyes were wide open and a try-hard-not-to smile face on. One girl looked away and smiled to herself tho lol

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Oh my! I had forgotten about that! What a wonderful scene!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Omg is that on the dvd!? Do I need the dvd!!!???? *nosebleed....

ACK! fujioshi status acheived
Nooooooo! It's not my fault it's just too cute and lovey-dovey!

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Where does chapter 26 pickup from exactly? Is it after the graduation from the anime? Sakura Trick was actually the reason I got pulled into the yuri genre, so I was holding back from reading the manga coz I was thinking volume 2 continued the story where the anime left off and I would hate to miss a part of the story, so can anyone who read this already tell me where the chapter picks up?

I'm actually hoping for this to get a season 2 (which probably won't happen coz they kinda messed up the anime) so that's kinda one of the reasons I'm holding back on reading, lol.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Where does chapter 26 pickup from exactly? Is it after the graduation from the anime?

The anime covers the manga up until volume 3, chapter 8. We skipped all those chapter and picked up from there onwards. If you've seen the anime and start reading from chapter 26 (aka volume 3, chapter 9) you won't have missed anything at all.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

They're not just in love, they're ENGAGED. Haruka's asked Yuu to marry her, twice. The 2nd time, Yuu said yes. This series loves to backtrack, making it feel very yonkoma-ish.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Bad idea reading this on the bus. Couldn't keep a straight face at all

How'd everyone around you react?

It was a bus trip from my college campus so there was a few students furrowing their eyebrows at me because my eyes were wide open and a try-hard-not-to smile face on. One girl looked away and smiled to herself tho lol

lol! good times! and then your avatar...haha just totally matches the convo here ^_^

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Where does chapter 26 pickup from exactly? Is it after the graduation from the anime?

The anime covers the manga up until volume 3, chapter 8. We skipped all those chapter and picked up from there onwards. If you've seen the anime and start reading from chapter 26 (aka volume 3, chapter 9) you won't have missed anything at all.

Oww, I see. Im gonna start reading nao, tnx a bunch~

joined Jul 7, 2015

Yuzu & Kaede are pretty cute. They'll get there.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 5:43AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed for that whole fiance plot point. Glad to hear that they are going to fight it together, even though I think all she needs to do is say "no".

joined Aug 23, 2013

Come on Tabbo. It was fun for a while. But you exactly know that you are pulling our leg, because we want it to happen.
You are just simply blueballing us with Kaede and Yuzupon.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

even though I think all she needs to do is say "no".

Well I think even in Japan you need the consent of both parties for a marriage :P

I really hate those "fiance plots". It is so rare a girl simply says no. They always have to come up with complicated and silly plans to convince their parents to not marry them off.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

When will Yuzu get a clue?
Girl is dense.
Cute special though.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Kaede x Yuzu is the couple I want to see happen the most out of this series. Damn Tabbo.

joined Jun 11, 2016

These three Special Chapter's were lovely to read. I'm with everyone here. Kaede x Yuzu need's to be canon. They're just so cute together.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 2:03PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I feel like the oncologist giving the test results, but Kaede, I think Yuzu isn't .... (goes silent, turns away while handing the gei/nonke paperwork to Kaede).

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I wish Kotone and Shizuku would have a LONG talk with Yuu and Haruka, though. I realize the madly in love today amnesia about it tomorrow thing is the key theme in Sakura Trick, but it's gotten old by now.

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

Since these are special chapters do they actually fit anywhere canonically? Or are they separate from the main story chapters? (which would also make any character development confined to these special bonus chapters)

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 7:28PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Given that Tachi drew them, I highly doubt they're extracanonical. Incidentally, we now have two different translations of the volume 4 special on the page.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Since these are special chapters do they actually fit anywhere canonically? Or are they separate from the main story chapters?

These comics are meant to be read as a continuation\behind the scenes of the episodes of the DVDs they're bundled with, therefore:

The HaruYuu (dvd volume 2) takes place sometime after episode 3a, in which we see Haruka join the meet committee to have a sports festival because Yuu wanted to be a cheerleader. (It's the episode where Mitsuki sees Haruka for the first time - or she doesn't, because her glasses were broken)

The KotoShizu (dvd volume 4) happens immediately after episode 7a, Kotone and Shizuku are back at Shizuku's after the swimming contest with Kotone's younger sister, when everyone got to know about Kotone's arranged marriage.

The KaeYuzu (dvd volume 6) happens right in the middle of episode 12a, during the graduation party for Mitsuki and Rina. Yuzu and Kaede are supposed to do impersonations of Mitsuki and Rina (they're even dressed for the part) but Kaede gets overwhelmed and Yuzu drags her to the other room, this comics happens, and in the anime we see the remaining of the scene.

ETA: the KotoShizu was translated on /u/ years ago, we decided to make our own version as well, for completion's sake.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 4:37AM

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

Ahh cool that makes sense! Though it's also a pity as it probably does make them extracanonical as far as the normal manga goes. But not necessarily I guess, all depends if later chapters honor events and it would be very hard to tell with this series.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 10:27PM

joined Jul 7, 2015

Close to achieving the mark of the beast.

To reply you must either login or sign up.