Forum › Truth discussion

joined Jul 31, 2014

A great story. I wish to see a long version of this kind of story.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

@Faust said:
I kinda get the relationships from the covers, but after that I was just confused, I didn't really get the dialogues. Can someone summarize it?

Prepare for tl;dr Wall-o-Text
From http://bakkinbakkingamu.com/comic-yuri-hime-november-2012-cover-story-truth/

The story is somewhat confusing, so I'll try to provide some background information as best as I can. Since these characters do not have names, I'll be referring to them as Ponytail Girl, Short Hair, Long Hair, and Secret Girl. I've included images of the previous issues' covers to help with the explanation.

The story begins with the first page, the January 2012 Cover (Pure Girl). We learn that the girl on the cover (Ponytail Girl) is interested in the girl in the classroom (Short Hair). On the back of the cover (page 2), we learn that Short Hair has some sort of relationship with another girl (Long Hair). Since they appear to be putting their clothes back on, it implies that these two girls had sex. On the third page, the March 2012 Cover (Precious Friends), we learn that Ponytail Girl is friends with Long Hair. Inside this volume (page 4), we see Long Hair gazing at Ponytail Girl. This either means that Long Hair has feelings for Ponytail Girl (wants to be more than just friends), or is thinking about when she had sex with Short Hair (which was performed on Ponytail Girl's desk). On the 5th page, the May 2012 Cover (Jealous Girl), we see Long Hair looking at Short Hair from a distance, with a concerned look on her face. On the back of the cover (page 6), we learn that Short Hair is in a relationship with a fourth girl (Secret Girl). On the 7th page, the July 2012 Cover (Blue Tears), we see Long Hair and Short Hair at the aquarium, presumably on a date. However, Short Hair doesn't seem interested at all, having all her attention on her cell phone. On the eighth page, the September 2012 Cover (Sound of Silence), Long Hair and Ponytail girl are at some kind of festival together. Long Hair has a surprised look on her face, because she sees Short Hair with Secret Girl (9th page). Finally, this month's issue concludes the story.

To summarize:

– Ponytail Girl has feelings for Short Hair
– Short Hair and Long Hair had sex (implying they are in a relationship); Ponytail Girl doesn't know about this
– Ponytail Girl and Long Hair are best friends (Long Hair may want to be more than just friends though)
– Short Hair and Long Hair are dating
– Short Hair is in a relationship with Secret Girl; Short Hair is cheating on Long Hair
– Ponytail Girl and Long Hair go to a festival, where they see Short Hair and Secret Girl together
– Long Hair asks Short Hair why she is still with Secret Girl (Implying that Long Hair had previously asked Short Hair to break up with Secret Girl. Whether or not this is before or after Short Hair and Long Hair started dating is up for debate)

And in the comments on the blog site, somebody expounds a bit:
Long hair liked ponytail but as they were friends (of the same sex too) she was afraid to confess and get rejected
-She was jealous of short hair because ponytail seemed to like her. Apparently ponytail used to speak about her all the time. Pay attention to this detail because it will be important later.

Short hair was already going out with secret girl

Long hair was afraid of losing pony tail so she went ahead and seduced short hair. She was successful.
-Apparently she already knew about secret girl so she blackmailed short hair into going out with her.

-This is where it starts to get shady. Why the hell would she go ahead and seduce short hair? She probably wanted to make pony tail jealous and somehow by seducing short hair she would keep pony tail for herself. She also had sex with short hair on top of ponytail's desk so it's obvious she had ill intentions.

Long hair in some kind of prolonged revenge went and told ponytail stories of how she and short hair were so lovey dovey. She knew short hair was going out with secret girl so when she saw them again together, she told her to dump her. During this time she might have or not fallen in love with short hair, it's also highly possible she wanted to keep fooling ponytail by pretending everything was ok with short hair and that they were still lovey dovey.

Long hair and ponytail went to the festival together and this is when it starts to get ugly. Secret girl calls long hair out by saying the one she was interested in pony tail, short hair reveals the “blackmail”, secret girl breaks up with short hair (pay attention: MAKING HER SINGLE), pony tail ends her friendship with long hair and we are left with a “crying” ponytail and a shorthair with a broken heart. We see a smile on ponytail's face and the story ends right there.

What does that smile mean? Ponytail obviously planned everything out. In her flashbacks we see she knew about short hair and secret girl going out. Long hair didn't know that pony tail knew about the relationship between those 2, so that's why this worked. This might be stretching it a little but we all know that smile means “just as planned”, here's how it happened:

-Ponytail likes short hair but short hair and secret girl are going out. How can she break them up without getting her hands dirty in the process?
-She has a friend and she knows that friend doesn't see her as a friend only.
-She knows that even if she is able to steal short hair, long hair is going to get in the way
-She knows her very well so she starts by purposely talking about short hair to make long hair jealous
-The plan works and long hair is now “dating” short hair
-Mysteriously, they end up going to the same festival that short hair and secret girl are attending
-A fight starts, secret girl breaks up with short hair then ponytail ends her friendship with long hair.
-Ponytail comforts short hair and smiles deviously knowing she has finally gotten what she wanted in the first place.

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 3:05AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I do wonder if this has anything to do with a certain other short hair and a mysterious girlfriend... ;)

WOW those pics just CONFUSED DA HEOLLL OUT OF ME!!! O_o
In the end the only one i can stand and respect is the secret light curly haired gurl(the only one who seems pure and sane), the others are just some.... Biatchez i guess.... XD

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I was confused because I didn't realize there was a cover story at all and I've seen almost all those covers at least once while randomly hopping between stories.

Also They look a lot like the Love Live girls.

Faaaaack
joined Apr 2, 2016

For anyone feeling confusion after reading it initially, feel free to check out Bakkin's interpretation below.

http://bakkinbakkingamu.com/?p=3614

thanks for this, I was so confused, and I didn't want to reread to try to interpret it.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Petitions seem to be the it thing here these days, maybe I should start one to get Namori to write a heart warming lovey dovey sequel ;_;

awful pre bed manga to read, stupid forums, I have to go listen to some cheery power metal or something now ;_;

joined Mar 11, 2016

Heh, That's how you write an angst story. Kudos to Namori-sensei. That was fairly enjoyable. Liked the beautiful art, angst, dialogue, twist and the happy ending. I had a smile when I saw the happy ending text at the bottom. well, someone did get their girl at the end. xD
I also liked the dark background of the pages; adding to the tension of the story.

It did seem that we were missing some pages; like how did we get to the firework scene? what had gone between them before this confrontation? A whole manga can be made out of that imo.

Lastly, I didn't get who, the long haired was actually in love with?

Edit: After rereading, I think that Long Hair loved the Pony Tail but after dating Short Hair she started to develop feelings for her hence she asked her to break up with the Secret Girl and jealous girl cover etc.

I'd say tho, there were at least two definitive points in that confrontation where, (if Namori-sensei had wanted to), the solution could have gone the bright end and we would have gotten a true happy ending. But she purposely gave us a dark version of the happy end. By happy end, I think she meant that "all is fair in love".

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 10:36AM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

When I think the yuru yuri artist has a dark side like this I kind of feel like she has an inner sith lord to her outter jedi.

You mean like morinaga milk ?

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

... This Story. The plot. The girls. That god damn smile at the end XD - god I love a good confusing yuri manga

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

Omigod so dark....I love it!

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I feel like an idiot because I had to read Ichigo69's post a few times AND draw a relationship diagram to figure it out.

Or maybe it's just time for bed.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

To sum it up

"Ponytail" likes "Short hair". "Long hair" likes "Ponytail". and "Short hair" is dating "Secret"

"Long hair" starts a relationship with "Short hair" after noticing "Ponytail's" affection. More than likely "Pony tail" knew this would happen

"Long hair" is upset that "Short hair" is still dating "Secret".

"Secret" and "Ponytail" feel betrayed. "Long hair" and "Short hair" lose their love interest. "Ponytail" gets her happy ending with "Short hail"

I think that's about everything
Had to read it twice, and look at the covers for once

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Really hated it

......until i saw that smile.

:D

Pure evil.

A medicore. Nothing special. Nothing bad either. Too much manipulation though.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 2:44AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

When I think the yuru yuri artist has a dark side like this I kind of feel like she has an inner sith lord to her outter jedi.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUCK?!

To think my fav. yuri manga aka girlfriend author had written this.......

......i guess Octave is now fav. With GF manga fallen of from my top 10 yuri manga even from likeable yuri manga.

And i thought he was a sane but in the end he was one of those pervert rape drawing mangaka.

God i feel so disguisted and betrayed.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 2:51AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUCK?!

To think my fav. yuri manga aka girlfriend author had written this.......

......i guess Octave is now fav. With GF manga fallen of from my top 10 yuri manga even from likeable yuri manga.

And i thought he was a sane but in the end he was one of those pervert rape drawing mangaka.

God i feel so disguisted and betrayed.

lol wtf is this

Also it's "She".

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Even more disguisting considering a woman is supporting rape in her work

Typical perverted japanese hentai artist....

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^

Oh, you sweet innocent...

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Oh, you sweet innocent...

Oh come on! Seroiusly?!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

A work depicting rape isn't equals to the author SUPPORTING rape.
One of the Millennium triology's (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played with Fire, Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest) main themes was violence against women, but it wasn't supporting it or portraying it for the "lolz". Stieg Larsson was about denouncing it, showing how society turns a blind eye to it.

Depicting violence isn't supporting violence. You suggested Murcielago in the "Webcomics" thread. People get brutally murdered there. By your logic, Yoshimura Kana supports murder, kidnapping and killing young girls, impaling ppl with umbrellas, rape, disembodiments, cults, wtv.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:38PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

A work depicting rape isn't equals to the author SUPPORTING rape.
One of the Millennium triology's (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played with Fire, Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest) main themes was violence against women, but it wasn't supporting it or portraying it for the "lolz". Stieg Larsson was about denouncing it, showing how society turns a blind eye to it.

Depicting violence isn't supporting violence. You suggested Murcielago in the "Webcomics" thread. People get brutally murdered there. By your logic, Yoshimura Kana supports murder, kidnapping and killing young girls, impaling ppl with umbrellas, rape, disembodiments, cults, wtv.

I suggested Murcielago becuz it do show violence but clearly doesn't support it.

unlike Mare which shows girls enjoying while getting rape by their own father and tentacles monsters.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:59PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

while getting rape by their own UNCLE and tentacles monsters.

Sry, couldn't resist.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

while getting rape by their own UNCLE and tentacles monsters.

Sry, couldn't resist.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/46/1479668754-uncleee.png

What movie is that ? It looks interesting.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 2:27PM by Nezchan

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

SF

It's from the excellent ah-ga-ssi / the handmaiden, a Park-Chan Wook movie. I'd recommend it with my life on the line.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

What a mess... I would have loved it if I could understand the first thing about it, but as it is it's just a big fail in storytelling imo... Thanks for the clarifications at least I got it now; but that doesn't change my first impression

To reply you must either login or sign up.