Forum › Citrus + discussion

Raws for Chapter 10 are out, is a 42-page long chapter focused on Matsuri.

Harumin's indifference is hitting her hard

Nothing new under the sun then Harumin had never really care about her from ages. Given she gave for Yuzu to said what she was worried about. She ain't gonna make a move for someone she never really appreciated.

I beg to differ on that

Considering Saburo Uta has been giving hints throughout the series that she's planning on having Harumi & Matsuri end up together as a couple

I mean Matsuri has always hang out and try to get in Harumin pants after Yuzu reject her but afaik Harumin has always trouble with her. Also for the little we've seen her at the marriage, their relation didn't seem to have change.

That still remain to be seen in citrus plus series their relationship may have change as citrus plus go's, they could of just be playing around for old time sake at the wedding scene ya know poke fun with each other

last edited at Feb 17, 2020 2:20PM

joined Jan 17, 2020

Link plz!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
joined Jan 17, 2020

This chapter seems awesome! Matsuri seems increasingly gay as time goes on. Was she forcing the short-haired girl to come out? And Harumin dismissive as usual...I don't think she's going to open up to Matsuri if Matsuri doesn't mellow out.

last edited at Feb 19, 2020 7:40AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Five years into the Citrus discussions and I still don't get the appeal of Matsuri x Harumin.
I mean, as individual characters they're fine, but there's no chemistry in there at all.
To me it always felt like people wanted gay Harumin, and since Yuzu is out of question, the only available one left is Matsuri.

Also Marsuri stirs things up, which is good for the story, but there's nothing shippable about her. Idk, maybe if the other character was as immature and sneaky as her it would be interesting. Harumin keeps rejecting her, and if they suddenly start having a thing it would feel forced.

last edited at Feb 19, 2020 10:56AM

joined Jan 17, 2020

To me it always felt like people wanted gay Harumin, and since Yuzu is out of question, the only available one left is Matsuri.

That's not true, from the start I saw the potential and chemistry if Matsuri grows up a little. They are opposites like Yuzu and Mei, except with a different angle.

Also Marsuri stirs things up, which is good for the story, but there's nothing shippable about her.

That's personal preference...I think Matsuri and Harumi make much more sense and are more realistic as characters and potential couple than Mei The Android and Yuzu The Doormat. I have literally never seen a couple as unshippable as these 2, and am still reading Citrus only in the hopes that HaruMatsu will happen.

In fact I have no idea why Citrus+ doesn't simply make Yuzu and Mei into secondary characters, because they are so boring.

Harumin keeps rejecting her, and if they suddenly start having a thing it would feel forced.

If it's sudden yes, I agree.

last edited at Feb 20, 2020 8:14AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

In fact I have no idea why Citrus+ doesn't simply make Yuzu and Mei into secondary characters, because they are so boring.

Dunno because it's suposs to be what happen with her between the proposal and the marriage maybe and also because they are the MC and most peoples read Citrus for them.

I think Matsuri and Harumi make much more sense and are more realistic as characters and potential couple

You mean Harumin the useless ? Because beside being Matsuri's booty call since Matsuri can't have Yuzu, she don't have done much in the main story beside what ? The bicycle. Yeah i never really like Harumin because she haven't do much and still pretty popular. She is just Mei with emotions.

if Matsuri grows up a little

Or if Harumin care about her.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Holy fuck, Matsuri riling up Sayaka like that!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

You mean Harumin the useless ? Because beside being Matsuri's booty call since Matsuri can't have Yuzu, she don't have done much in the main story beside what ? The bicycle. Yeah i never really like Harumin because she haven't do much and still pretty popular. She is just Mei with emotions.

Lol I don't think you know what a booty call is. And useless? If Harumin is useless then everyone in this story except maybe Yuzu is useless.

That's personal preference...I think Matsuri and Harumi make much more sense and are more realistic as characters and potential couple than Mei The Android and Yuzu The Doormat.

Harumin and Matsuri is also personal preference, because in reality we have never gotten any romantic interaction between them. Comparing them with Yuzu and Mei is not an argument of them making sense, because literally everyone else would make more sense than Yuzu and Mei.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lol I don't think you know what a booty call is. And useless? If Harumin is useless then everyone in this story except maybe Yuzu is useless.

Booty call is so to speak, what i mean is she stick up to Harumin because she can't have Yuzu. And yes, to me Harumin has been overall useless. Because she don't know about Yuzu and Mei, she end up out of the loop most of the manga when she could have been Yuzu's shoulder but that's end up being everyone beside her.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

So are we getting a chapter this month? I usually don't comment on these, but does anyone know about this?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Booty call is so to speak, what i mean is she stick up to Harumin because she can't have Yuzu. And yes, to me Harumin has been overall useless. Because she don't know about Yuzu and Mei, she end up out of the loop most of the manga when she could have been Yuzu's shoulder but that's end up being everyone beside her.

But Harumin has never been intended by Saburouta to end up with Yuzu in the first place. She's not useless as in "useless lesbian". And I also disagree with the idea that she's a useless character (if I'm reading your comment correctly, cuz I feel it's what you are insinuating). By far, Harumi has the sanest, most down-to-earth mind in the story. Like Yuzu, she's an idealist, but not careless. Like, Mei, she's stern but not heartless. She doesn't go for extremes unless there's reason for it i.e helping Yuzu get Mei back (and this part is what she shares with Matsuri. Yet Matsuri is a different level from her. I'm inclined to think Harumin is a pragmatic realist while Matsuri is a rational hedonist).

Anyhow, I would also love to see a HaruMatsu win. Regarding the pair, I'm re-reading main Citrus and then comparing the HaruMatsu flow of it to Citrus+'s.

I say, maybe it's better if there's a spin-off for the two.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But Harumin has never been intended by Saburouta to end up with Yuzu in the first place.

If you refer to the first sentence, i was talking Matsuri who can't have Yuzu, not Harumin.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

But Harumin has never been intended by Saburouta to end up with Yuzu in the first place.

If you refer to the first sentence, i was talking Matsuri who can't have Yuzu, not Harumin.

Yeah, I missed that one.

And yes, to me Harumin has been overall useless.

But still, Harumi's not useless at all.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I got the physical volume from Seven Seas and in re-reading, is obvious that Sabu is very self-aware of what makes the fandom tick. I mean, we knew that with Nene, but in the first chapters Matsuri comes off like a representation of those fans that want Yuzu and Mei to fuck .

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, we knew that with Nene, but in the first chapters Matsuri comes off like a representation of those fans that want Yuzu and Mei to fuck .

I always found Matsuri ironic because she often said what the readers thought. Like why did she keep the ring even she know she had a fiancé.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Sorry, but I had to do it... 1000th comment :p

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Sorry, but I had to do it... 1000th comment :p
Damn, seems i'm too late

joined Dec 9, 2014

But Harumin has never been intended by Saburouta to end up with Yuzu in the first place. She's not useless as in "useless lesbian". And I also disagree with the idea that she's a useless character (if I'm reading your comment correctly, cuz I feel it's what you are insinuating). By far, Harumi has the sanest, most down-to-earth mind in the story. Like Yuzu, she's an idealist, but not careless. Like, Mei, she's stern but not heartless. She doesn't go for extremes unless there's reason for it i.e helping Yuzu get Mei back (and this part is what she shares with Matsuri. Yet Matsuri is a different level from her. I'm inclined to think Harumin is a pragmatic realist while Matsuri is a rational hedonist).

This comment about Harumin's character is really good. From my perspective, spot on!

Also what are these categories about " pragmatic realist" and "rational hedonist"? It sounds interesting, kinda like the mbti categories. Is there any specific wording I can use to search more about them?

joined Apr 25, 2019

I’m having trouble with the translation because of so many pages in this new chapter 10. Any idea how long before it’s translated into English??

I’m having trouble with the translation because of so many pages in this new chapter 10. Any idea how long before it’s translated into English??

It will get translated when it gets translated just be patient.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Also what are these categories about " pragmatic realist" and "rational hedonist"? It sounds interesting, kinda like the mbti categories. Is there any specific wording I can use to search more about them?

Glad you enjoyed that bit of Harumin defense @Macysan. :)
The terms are philosophical stance and not personality maps.

In simple terms, a pragmatic realist is someone who takes in information, objectively assess it, and asks herself "what can be done about it." Pragmatism is basically experimental at its core (taking cues from John Dewey). You are finding ways that can work for you within the current situation that you have (the aspect that is real) to gradually bring in change.

She knows Aihara Academy is just ultra anal-retentive. So Harumi does the Gyaru outside the school and even finding ways to sneak in contraband i.e her phone. She readily accepts her situation and biding her time to unleash her true self. All she had to do was to be patient and do things that will benefit herself and not cause trouble for others.

Dialnet-PragmaticRealism-5757248.pdf you can read this stuff. There are things here that personally I disagree with but, pragmatic realism is a kind of new development.

Hedonism is a philosophical stance that gets a bad rap cuz it's mostly associated with wanton pleasure and greed, specifically narcissism. But like most philosophical stances, it has variations Rational Hedonism being one of those.

Having said that, I only use 'rational hedonist' to describe the new and seemingly kinder and wiser Matsuri.

A rational hedonist acknowledges the pleasures of life specifically protection of personal happiness.

This site is a great resource: https://www.rationalhedonism.org/the-way-of-life.html

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Sorry for the unreal delay this time. Chapter is being reviewed by our translator and will be sent for final qc later tomorrow. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.
42 pages feel like a double chapter since Saburouta got us used to smaller chapters for citrus plus

joined Apr 25, 2019

Sorry for the unreal delay this time. Chapter is being reviewed by our translator and will be sent for final qc later tomorrow. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.
42 pages feel like a double chapter since Saburouta got us used to smaller chapters for citrus plus

I get it. I imagine it is kinda long chapter this time.
So do what you need to do. We’ll be patient. Thanks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.