Forum › Taiyaki discussion

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Jesus Christ

This sounds like Taiyaki all right...

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I feel you, Taiyaki. I like mothers too. Just...other people's mothers.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Taiyaki is the Freud of Yuri?

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

It's a difficult existence...

(I'd post the Venn diagram gag from 1x1/2, but somehow I forgot what chapter it was in)

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 7:05PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Information about the anthology has been released. It appears the era of 親子百合 has finally arrived, but Taiyaki mentioned that since it's just a word to describe a relationship, the interpretations of each author vary. Expected release is late Jan-Feb of next year, mostly digitally distributed with a small self-published print run. All links are to Dynasty profiles (unless I couldn't find one, then their Twitter).

Lineup:
Taiyaki (obviously)
Inui Ayu (Teiji ni Agaretara)
Tamamusi (Bright and Cheery Amnesia)
Kasuga Sunao
Kurogane Ken (Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, etc)
Torii Sumi
tMnR (My Unrequited Love)
Namaniku (I Want You to Only Love My Body)
Nega
Hirao Auri (Oshibudo)
Misaki Tenmu
Yoshimura Kana (Murcielago)
Reon

And it's out. And not just in Japanese...

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I'm admittedly super biased (I have the special edition with the mug, secret cover, etc on order), but I thought it was a really beautiful anthology. I never felt like the stories had the "too few pages for the premise" problem commonly seen in anthologies, and the range of tones (comedy, slice of life, ecchi, drama) meant not only that it was an emotional rollercoaster but also that there's something there no matter what you like.

I already expected to enjoy Taiyaki, Inui Ayu, and Tamamusi's stories since I was familiar with their work (though Inui Ayu's deviates pretty strongly from her usual tone), but "Sweet, But Bittersweet" (Misaki Tenmu), "As You Are" (Yoshimura Kana), and "A Monologue of the Same Shape" (Torii Sumi) really stood out to me even being mostly unfamiliar with the authors. Hopefully Taiyaki can put the complete edition (rather than just the SFW-ish one) out in English somewhere after the Fanbox period, I can't imagine how it'd feel to read "Distant Farewell" without Tamamusi's goofy emotional counterweight afterward.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Seems like Taiyaki got her heart, broken by her first crush

https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1349634063628263424

同性愛悲しかったエピソード選手権といえば私も幼馴染のお母さん(小さい頃からよく面倒を見てくれてた)が最近実家に遊びに来た時に酒に酔ってポロッと「○○ちゃんは子供を産まなくても許してくれる親に感謝せなあかんで」みたいなことを言われて一瞬でそれまでの信頼が吹き飛んだことがありましたね

DeepTL

Speaking of the homosexual sad episode championship, when my childhood friend's mother (who had taken care of me well since I was little) came to visit my parents' house recently, she got drunk and said something like "You should be thankful to your parents for forgiving you for not having a baby", which instantly blew away all the trust I had in her. It was a moment that blew away all my trust.
What's more, the fact that the person I've loved since I was a little girl actually thought that I was a worthless and filthy person inside was very painful...

Poor Taiyaki.

Goddamn it.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hopefully Taiyaki can put the complete edition (rather than just the SFW-ish one) out in English somewhere after the Fanbox period, I can't imagine how it'd feel to read "Distant Farewell" without Tamamusi's goofy emotional counterweight afterward.

Yuri Hub have reportedly found some third party platforms to sell it on. They're just waiting for approval before they announce anything.
It does suck because the go-to platform for their releases, Pixiv's own Booth, would regard the content of this anthology as Adult, regardless of how softcore it actually is. Since Paypal can't be used to purchase adult goods and international credit/debit cards don't seem to work on Booth atm, it makes it harder to release to the people who'd actually want to read it in English, hence the planned Day and Night releases.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

That's a relief, I was considering mentioning something about the Booth R18 international credit card lockout to YH, but since it wasn't listed as R18 on Melonbooks I figured maybe it'd be OK. I'm glad they might have an alternative to release it intact. I know there were like a zillion people working on this but thank you for your work!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

That's a relief, I was considering mentioning something about the Booth R18 international credit card lockout to YH, but since it wasn't listed as R18 on Melonbooks I figured maybe it'd be OK. I'm glad they might have an alternative to release it intact. I know there were like a zillion people working on this but thank you for your work!

Thanks. Incidentally, I translated Hirao, Nega and Yoshimura's parts, as well as the afterwords.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Also just announced is an After Story project featuring after stories for Namaniku, Rion and Inui Ayu's parts. These'll be available on the standard Taiyaki tier as well as the Premium one.
https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1368173609353703427
https://twitter.com/yuri_hub/status/1368175951138422791

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Also just announced is an After Story project featuring after stories for Namaniku, Rion and Inui Ayu's parts. These'll be available on the standard Taiyaki tier as well as the Premium one.
https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1368173609353703427
https://twitter.com/yuri_hub/status/1368175951138422791

Namaniku one just dropped. It be lewd.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For those who didn't get it from Fanbox, My Sweet Home - Complete Edition is now available on DLSite.
And for those on the Fanbox, the final two After Stories by Rion and Inui Ayu have been added.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Did they delete their Twitter or am I just incapable of finding it?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Did they delete their Twitter or am I just incapable of finding it?

Yeah, they closed it a while back. Pixiv and Fanbox are still active.

joined Feb 10, 2022

So she did delete her Twitter account. It happened I wanted to check it today but couldn't find it.
Hopefully she's doing great.
But man, I didn't know the reason why Taiyaki likes mother x daughter yuri. If that woman was that reason Taiyaki created her works, man I can't imagine how I would feel if the inspiration of my works says that to me.
I checked her fanbox and saw she's still active. I wonder if her Twitter account closure was because of that

joined Jan 14, 2020

But man, I didn't know the reason why Taiyaki likes mother x daughter yuri. If that woman was that reason Taiyaki created her works, man I can't imagine how I would feel if the inspiration of my works says that to me.

What?

joined Feb 10, 2022

What?

Khé?

joined Apr 5, 2018

What?

Khé?

I think they don't know what incident or person specifically you are referencing in your comment. To be clear, I'm unsure as well. Some further elaboration would be good.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I assume they're referring to Dark_Tzitzimine's post earlier:

Seems like Taiyaki got her heart, broken by her first crush

https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1349634063628263424

同性愛悲しかったエピソード選手権といえば私も幼馴染のお母さん(小さい頃からよく面倒を見てくれてた)が最近実家に遊びに来た時に酒に酔ってポロッと「○○ちゃんは子供を産まなくても許してくれる親に感謝せなあかんで」みたいなことを言われて一瞬でそれまでの信頼が吹き飛んだことがありましたね

DeepTL

Speaking of the homosexual sad episode championship, when my childhood friend's mother (who had taken care of me well since I was little) came to visit my parents' house recently, she got drunk and said something like "You should be thankful to your parents for forgiving you for not having a baby", which instantly blew away all the trust I had in her. It was a moment that blew away all my trust.
What's more, the fact that the person I've loved since I was a little girl actually thought that I was a worthless and filthy person inside was very painful...

Poor Taiyaki.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Yuru Oyako Vol1 & the full version of My Sweet Home have hit (non-Japanese) Amazon, which is ... not really something I thought would ever happen. Reiwa is amazing. Probably no 1x1/2 anytime soon, as I don't think the remake's Vol1 has seen a full volume release in English yet.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 1:30AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

Yuru Oyako Vol1 & the full version of My Sweet Home have hit (non-Japanese) Amazon, which is ... not really something I thought would ever happen. Reiwa is amazing. Probably no 1x1/2 anytime soon, as I don't think the remake's Vol1 has seen a full volume release in English yet.

Vol 1 was released back in June 2022 in Japan so...
Taiyaki is still active in her fanbox tho

To reply you must either login or sign up.