Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Img_20200321_011342
joined Jan 15, 2020

。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。THANK U FOR THE JOURNEY AJIICHI *cries
Ah I remember the time when the 1st chapter went out. Time sure flies. *crying intensifies
The story is well- okay, not the best but it was really nice to read. Im so happy for the both of them TvT

last edited at Aug 22, 2021 7:57PM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

My useless lesbians have grown up so much, I'm so happy for them

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

I see a bit of vitriol toward the 3 month skip but I don't mind it. I'd rather a skip than another like 10 chapters of drama and figuring out feelings.

Personally my issue it that neither a time skip or more chapters was really needed but then adding the time skip just makes the whole thing awkward and left me feeling unsatisfied.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Props to this series for having the courage of its useless convictions by having a useless 3-month time skip which was useless except for getting us to the end of the school year so that Fujishiro could cry and thus bring us full circle to the origin point of all the uselessness.

But why not a one-year timeskip, or better yet, have one of them go off to Europe or the US to get a university degree in uselessness and then come back and kiss?

Don't want to spoil us with instant gratification . . . .

Hj
joined May 3, 2020

I like this series, I still like this series, I have book six preordered, and I have defended this series in the past but that timeskip was bullshit

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

From 2018 to 2021. Time really flies.... Happy to see the end of it

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

LETS FUCKING GO BOIIIIIIIIIS FUJISHIRO GOT HER WOMAN
IT'S OFFICIALLY FALSE ADVERTISING
THE LESBIANS- i mean THE PRINCESSES AREN'T USELESS ANYMOOOOOOORE

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Honestly, the time skip could have been done without even mentioning it and nothing would have really changed.

Ah well, all in all I'm satisfied with the ending, though I do with stuff like this would at least give a couple chapters past this. Like, I get that the story is meant to build up to this point and things becoming official is meant to be the payoff, but it'd be nice to get to enjoy that payoff a bit more than with just an epilogue.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

After many ups and downs, we finally made it ladies and gentlemen.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Need that prologue with them living together after graduation

joined Mar 26, 2021

Honestly at this point I'd prefer if they stay as best friends, this whole confessing and Kurokawa saying "I love you" also that kiss to me it looked a little fake like she just do that because she wanted see Fujishiro smile, it's like author just made Kurokawa love just for the happy yuri ending, after all being friends is no no. But well that's just my opinion
The story itself is pretty good I did enjoy reading this, would like to see if the other girls get together.

joined Jun 30, 2016

They finally did it, i gotta say at some point it felt like pointless drama but im glad that it ended in a nice note, looking forward for the epilogue chapter.

joined Jun 30, 2016

You mean epilogue.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Can I get out of my sleeping bag? Is this series finished? Yay...now can you give us a side story of Miki and Maho please.

joined Dec 30, 2018

From 2018 to 2021. Time really flies.... Happy to see the end of it

More like from 2018 to 2019 and a half I still cant beileve 2018 was so long ago

joined Jan 23, 2017

Meh, I soured on the main couple after a while. The other 2 pairs were far more interesting. Ending felt rushed and dragged out at the same time.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BadPanda posted:

You mean epilogue.

Obviously they're referring to the sequel.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Woah...it's finally finished...now let's wait for the epilogue

joined Aug 12, 2021

Definitely one of my favorite reads, really looking forward to the Epilogue.

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

Oh that's that good shit right there

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I came back after 2 years to this, to see this finished. And, wow, what a ride it became!

joined Mar 15, 2015

The official localization calls the series Failed Princesses. It's probably a more accurate title, but it doesn't fit with the "useless lesbians" joke.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 11:01AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

The official localization calls the series Failed Princesses. It's probably a more accurate title, but it doesn't fit with the "useless lesbians" joke

出来損ない (できそこない) (Dekisokonai) means failure or "good-for-nothing" (according to jisho.org). So "failed" is a bit more accurate I guess.
But I'd probably also go with "useless" since I think it conveys the "good-for-nothing" better while still instilling the idea of "failure", all the while fitting the "useless lesbian" joke

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Holly cow...What a ride...'grats to the new couple *clap *clap :')

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Three months later? Three months!?

Grumble grumble useless brats.

To reply you must either login or sign up.