Forum › Marionette discussion

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

When Takemiya wrote this oneshot, they wanted that ending to be a surprise. And that's how it will be kept.

Oh, so what about Netorare and Cheating? Does Takemiya-sensei intended to spoils those 2 specific tags?

A silly point. Those things are the focus of the story, rather than a twist at the end. Shortly into this you see where the story is heading, and the tags reflect that. To tag the spoiler at the end is ridiculous, and, as I have said, arguing in favour of it will not work. Please don't drag this on further, it's not budging.

Again, the twist is about the younger sister fetish, the incest is just minor. But the point is, early twist or late twist is still a spoiler. You either hide it all or do not hide it.
And I don't need it to budging, since it's change nothing. I just need you to understand this.
You tag it properly, and I will be very appreciate. You don't tag anything, I would have to take the risk, but I will not blame you. Don't do it halfway, because that's how we got this mess.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I actually understand drpepperfan's argument and honestly, it makes sense. Personally I'd still be for tagging it just in case someone with several incest-related traumas happens to come across it. But personal opinions are... well, personal. I do hope we can someday implement spoiler tags.

And to anyone who are still confusing. This motherducking argument is about 2 sides.

On a related (and totally non-offtopic) note... would motherducking be ducking from a mother, making mothers duck from you, or throwing a duck at a mother? I honestly can't make up my mind.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm betting on acting like a mother duck.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Could be.
...?

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 8:23PM

joined Mar 20, 2017

Oh, very yes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, very yes.

That makes the whole concept far cuter than I initially thought.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

DYNASTY SCANS IS UNFAIR
DPF IS IN THERE
STANDING AT THE CONCESSION
PLOTTING THEIR OPPRESSION

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

I have a great idea, let's remove every tags. Because:
Yuri - Spoiler that this is a story where a girl love another girl
Cheating - Spoiler that a girl will cheat on someone.
Adult life - Spoiler that where the story is set
Fantasy - Spoiler that the story is set in a magical world
The list goes on...
Oh and we should remove the author tag as well, since it gonna spoil whose work is it.

I don't see how anyone could see this comment as being anything other than sarcastic... LoL, I totally found it funny.
I agree that the incest tag should be somehow accessible... Liked the idea that was presented about having blacked out tags, so you have to scroll over them to see them. That way nobody gets a spoonful of sugar when they are a diabetic, if you know what I mean...

I appreciate what you all do here at Dynasty Scans! I'm not trying to bitch and moan about stuff that I really don't have particularly strong feelings about... so whatever... Keep up the GREAT WORK! ^_^

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND, but so what if people read something that upsets them. Have we got to the point where we have to know everything in a story, before we read it, just in case there might be something that offends our sensibility? If you start a story that triggers you, stop reading it.

I've posted this before, but it seems it's still necessary to say it again, so reposting below (oh, and keep in mind that we do stop reading, but it doesn't matter once you're already going through hell again):

I think you miss the point of tags being used as trigger warnings. Some people in this world have experienced a shitload of trauma in their past. This leaves them lingering with post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorders, panic attacks and some other psychiatric conditions. Acute episodes of such diseases are horrifying (I speak from experience), and they are sometimes triggered by situations which resemble the origin of the trauma.

So if I unknowingly read a story with rape in it, I'm at least 50% likely to have a panic attack. Sometimes it's light enough that'll just end up losing a few hours of sleep. Sometimes they make me wanna die.

The thing about triggers is that they're specific for each person. So for me, rape is almost always a trigger, but so is sex with robots or dolls (because in my case, I felt like someone trapped inside an inanimate object being used by someone else for their pleasure). People who have suffered violence by family members might have incest be a PTSD trigger. And so on.

This might sound like some rare occasional thing, but keep in mind that 1 in 6 american women are rape victims. The number goes up even more when we're talking about LGBT people (1 in 5 lesbians, and 1 in 2 bisexual women, if I'm not mistaken). And rape's just one form of violence, there are several more which can be equally damaging to your mental health.

We use trigger warnings in order not to hurt the people who have already been through too much. I think you'll agree with me that this is a more important cause than preventing spoilers.

I'm sorry to hear about your trauma. I hate rape. It's such an horrific crime. It's so devastating to the victom, yet it's very nature makes it hard to proove.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 2:19AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Unless some kind of way to add spoiler tags to the site is added at some point, there will be no plans to tag any works with tag's that would severely ruin the plot for those reading. Certain works on the site have plot twists or endings harmed by tagging everything 100%, and for the sake of keeping the experience of reading these works as the author intended, we will not tag these. End of. This endless argument is not going to help, sorry.

Which essentially means people who don't want to be surprised be preschool girls being raped by big fat old men should avoid dynasty altogether, since there is no way of knowing how to avoid a story because someone decided it's better to piss off some people than to spoil others who wouldn't care about the tags in the first place.

Now that seems like a good plan to get rid of your viewers...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Unless some kind of way to add spoiler tags to the site is added at some point, there will be no plans to tag any works with tag's that would severely ruin the plot for those reading. Certain works on the site have plot twists or endings harmed by tagging everything 100%, and for the sake of keeping the experience of reading these works as the author intended, we will not tag these. End of. This endless argument is not going to help, sorry.

Which essentially means people who don't want to be surprised be preschool girls being raped by big fat old men should avoid dynasty altogether, since there is no way of knowing how to avoid a story because someone decided it's better to piss off some people than to spoil others who wouldn't care about the tags in the first place.

Now that seems like a good plan to get rid of your viewers...

Absolutely ridiculous. You've taken things that might not be what someone is fond of, incest/cheating/yandere twists, and exagerrated it to a absolutely stupid degree.

Works like you described are always tagged. Do not compare wanting to keep plot twists in works by beloved authors secret to deliberately trying to trick people into reading Lolicon Rape. It's a stupid fucking comparison to make, and makes people who want this tagged look worse quite frankly. You're. Not. Helping.

I understand that people want spoiler tags, but, again, they DO NOT exist yet. And until they do, we will not ruin significant twists. Saying such exaggerated things, like "well you should just remove the yuri tag cause it spoils that it's yuri" or "how am i meant to know this manga doesn't involve a beastiality orgy!?" does not help at all, and is just likely to cause more arguments.

This thread has become derailed enough as it is, please stop with these kind of posts. And that goes for both sides, as I've seen bad behaviour on those in favour of it. Goshdarnit.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I... don't think there's any such works in this website (at least not any that aren't tagged lolicon and rape). I mean, I can't see either being such a plot twist that it would spoil the story to have it properly tagged. It seems to me that the decision of not including tags affects only a handful of exceptions.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

"how am i meant to know this manga doesn't involve a beastiality orgy!?"

A common everyday worry.

please stop with these kind of posts.

Will do. Sorry, I didn't see that before posting.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 3:10PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I... don't think there's any such works in this website (at least not any that aren't tagged lolicon and rape). I mean, I can't see either being such a plot twist that it would spoil the story to have it properly tagged. It seems to me that the decision of not including tags affects only a handful of exceptions.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, there isn't any, you're quite right. They're just giving the most extreme example possible to try and make this seem ridiculous. :/

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Yes it's an exaggeration. But the point in this discussion is: Do you as a mod/admin/staff/whatever favour hiding tags because it could potentially be a story spoiler? If so, there is no way for me as a reader to trust any posted story on this side just because before reading it I have no way of knowing if this story has a tag I as a reader want to avoid.

So for me the first conclusion at hand would be to never ever read a story by this author again knowing that there is a possibility their story might include a tag I personally don't like very much to say at the least and knowing there might be the possibility that certain tag is deliberately hidden because of story reasons.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yes it's an exaggeration. But the point in this discussion is: Do you as a mod/admin/staff/whatever favour hiding tags because it could potentially be a story spoiler? If so, there is no way for me as a reader to trust any posted story on this side just because before reading it I have no way of knowing if this story has a tag I as a reader want to avoid.

So for me the first conclusion at hand would be to never ever read a story by this author again knowing that there is a possibility their story might include a tag I personally don't like very much to say at the least and knowing there might be the possibility that certain tag is deliberately hidden because of story reasons.

Well, shame to see that, as Takemiya is one of the best authors. But if that's what you choose to do, so be it. It shall remain untagged.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 3:48PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morgan, leave it be. Site policy and the ability to hide tags has already been confirmed, and unless there's some change there's little point in beating that horse. dpf has already confirmed that things like rape and the more blatant triggers are already tagged as a matter of course.

If you cannot trust the site or the author, you are absolutely free to not read either. Although the option of reading the discussion before you read the story is open to you as well, which will usually point out things that are not tagged.

In any case, there is zero point in continuing this discussion after everyone has said their piece multiple times and policy has been confirmed by the person who administers it, again multiple times. So can we all refocus the discussion on the actual story at hand, please?

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'm happy Galette exists.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I, too, am happy Galette exists.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

They're beautiful creatures. No, wait, you meant galettes...

joined Mar 20, 2017

This thread has become derailed enough as it is, please stop with these kind of posts. And that goes for both sides, as I've seen bad behaviour on those in favour of it. Goshdarnit.

Or you could just use "being an asshole/ jerk..." to talk about me, i'm fine with it.

Alright, I will state my point again, this time no mocking, no joking, no sarcastic.

This work have these tags: Yuri, School Girl, Cheating, Netorare, Incest.
While Yuri and School Girl are pretty general, the other 3 are specific. All 3 can contain the elements of surprise. So if you want no spoiler, you must take out all 3.
Yet, you (or the one who did the tagging) only picked off 1, and by that, make people think this work only contains those 4 tags.
Then you make an excuse about those are small surprise, can't compare to the big twist at the end. And who decides what are big and what are small twist? To you it maybe big, but to me it just "ok?". Differrent people have different standards, so treat them equally. Don't favor a group and ignore the other.
In this case, without the spoiler tag, the best solution is just tag yuri and shoolgirl. People who don't want spoiler get no spoiler. People who hate some specific tags will know they have to take risk. Simple as that.

Edit: Oh nez, I was typing so i didn't know about your post, sorry for that.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 4:18PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

A bit of consolation after the end of Hirari and Tsubomi.

Also: for the people who like Takemiya Jin and know Japanese, there's a few works by that author still stuck at translating step on Yuri Project. If anyone's interested in translating them, I'll be happy to edit.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 4:30PM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Morgan, leave it be. Site policy and the ability to hide tags has already been confirmed, and unless there's some change there's little point in beating that horse. dpf has already confirmed that things like rape and the more blatant triggers are already tagged as a matter of course.

In any case, there is zero point in continuing this discussion after everyone has said their piece multiple times and policy has been confirmed by the person who administers it, again multiple times. So can we all refocus the discussion on the actual story at hand, please?

Yeah yeah i get it. People discussing, mods stopping, staff doing whatever... same old same old...

I mean, it's not like I don't get the point of story spoilers, but in comparison it's the lesser evil of the two...

If you cannot trust the site or the author, you are absolutely free to not read either. Although the option of reading the discussion before you read the story is open to you as well, which will usually point out things that are not tagged.

Yeah... most of the series I used to read won't get updated over here anyway despite having multiple new chapters requested for upload...but yeah.. whatever...

btw: if some mysterious day a system of "hidden tags" is implemented: could we maybe get a blacklist for tags so blacklisted tags ain't shown on the frontpage at all?

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 4:59PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

btw: if some mysterious day a system of "hidden tags" is implemented: could we maybe get a blacklist for tags so blacklisted tags ain't shown on the frontpage at all?

This bit could stand being repeated over here, if you're willing to do the honours.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

This bit could stand being repeated over here, if you're willing to do the honours.

Done.
But I DO think I've already added it some time ago. Like 1 or 2 years...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not what I expected from Takemiya? I don't know if I like it, I guess it's hot in that both of the sisters are into it, but it's also just weird because they don't feel like sisters and I don't think I want them to. The incest thing could have been completely removed and the story would have remained the same, so it feels like adding an unnecessary ick factor. Also really, every single girl she picks up goes for the older sister immediately? What a shitty world to live in if everybody except incestuous sisters are that unfaithful.

Actually I'm confused if they really are sisters or not. Like Maria says the incest thing is sick, even though she's obviously really into that other girl, so maybe that means it's just a type of roleplay?

Whatever, this story is weird.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 8:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.