Forum › Deleting account?

Black
joined Oct 1, 2015

Is there anyway to contact someone having this website to ask them to delete my account?

I do not need my account and having accounts up make me very very anxious, Is there a way to delete it? Can I get in contact with anyone working on this website? Please I just want help.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've passed your request on to omniscient0.

Black
joined Oct 1, 2015

Thank you so much. It's not that I hate this website it's just that I don't want my account to stay up, I just want my information deleted. Thank you for helping out.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Why are requests to delete your account here so ridiculously common? You'd think if you're done here it'd be easier to just stop using the site or something.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Foxy lady posted:

Why are requests to delete your account here so ridiculously common?

Alice Cheshire,
I am smiling at your comment, and I will answer you. Dynasty Reader had been a very good venue to discuss wdtfs considering the overflowing number of very good commenters. In as much, I wanted my writings to stay in here, I can't. These are reasons I am not willing to disclose.

You'd think if you're done here it'd be easier to just stop using the site or something.

These are reasons you project on me and others who wanted to delete their accounts as you try to grasp our request. But let me assure you that it is NOT "it'd be easier.to just stop using the site or something". :)

Well, I'm not sure, but I think they only delete your account. All your posts probably stay, so this way you just stopping using your account pretty much work the same way. And even if, unless you said some personal stuff about yourself in comments, I agree with Cheshire, there is no much reason to go out of your way to ask for your account to be deleted and all posts being removed. And she doesn't project anything on you. She is just asking. That was a really weird way to put it. If you really want to, just say you got other reasons to want everything gone, but don't try to be smart-ass about it.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 10:23AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
  1. Why does she have to ask? Considering I directed it to Nezchan?

2. Is it smart to answer this way(highlighted texts)? If it is trying to be smart-ass in your opinion, I let you be. But I am thinking where is
    this negativity comes from? Why are you answering in behalf of Alice? I believe Alice has the capacity to answer me.

3. I will thank you for the info and I was having second thoughts if this is the case. However, I really wanted to hear from the moderator since she is the right person to ask.

Well, I don't actually have access to the database so omniscient0 is the one who actually does the heavy lifting here. I have passed your request along.

Do note that what happens is that your login gets removed from the database. Your posts do remain intact unless you delete them all first. omn might be able to take care of that, but it's not the usual process. So I'd like to confirm if you want your posts removed as well.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Foxy lady posted:

I asked because it's a strangely common request on this site. I frequent a forum that's many times more active than Dynasty (2000-4000 users online at any given time depending on the time of day) and there's maybe a tenth of the account deletion requests there. So I'm legitimately curious why that's the case here.

1. Is it smart to answer this way(highlighted texts)? If it is trying to be smart-ass in your opinion, I let you be. But I am thinking where is this negativity comes from? Why are you answering in behalf of Alice? I believe Alice has the capacity to answer me.

People have the right to an opinion on the subject. And Nevri's really not even off the mark on what they said anyways so there's no actual issue with them answering in lieu of me.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Foxy lady posted:

2. Is it smart to answer this way(highlighted texts)? If it is trying to be smart-ass in your opinion, I let you be. But I am thinking where is
    this negativity comes from? Why are you answering in behalf of Alice? I believe Alice has the capacity to answer me.

A lot of people seems to miss it, but it is a forum. It's open to everyone so anyone can join the discussion and comment. I'll acknowledge though, that since we don't have a private messages function, that is the only way to make a request like that (although now we got discord server where you can do it directly, but I understand that not everyone use it or are even aware of it). Either way, I replied because you mentioned wanting to get rid of your comments and I didn't think asking for deleting your account will achieve it, which kinda supported Cheshire's point of it being pointless. And while I didn't really meant to speak on her behalf or trying to be mean to you, the way you worded your respond sounded really off to me. It is true that asking for deleting account is surprisingly pretty common here and it's not like in order to register you need to give any personal info. You don't even have to give e-mail from what I remember, so unless you said something in comments, I also couldn't see a reason to specifically ask for deletion of account. So even though what Cheshire asked was pretty neutral and out of curiosity noticing a trend, you seemed to took it really personally as if she was questioning your motives and in some way putting words into your mouth. You simply came off as conceited in your post, which rubbed me the wrong way, because it seemed like there was no need to phrase it like that.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Do note that what happens is that your login gets removed from the database. Your posts do remain intact unless you delete them all first. omn might be able to take care of that, but it's not the usual process. So I'd like to confirm if you want your posts removed as well.

Thank you very much, Nezchan, for answering. Yes, please. I want to have my posts removed as well. Thank you again.

Then you should start deleting them one by one before your account is deleted; because- if I remember correctly, whether it's you or a mod who has to remove them, it can only be done one way; which is the said manual suppression. Unless you'd rather have Nez or omn spend time for that.

Also, an argument is a good way to end your dynasty user's life in apotheosis lol.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 3:15PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Take care, Foxy lady! It was nice having you around! ^_^

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Then you should start deleting them one by one before your account is deleted; because- if I remember correctly, whether it's you or a mod who has to remove them, it can only be done one way; which is the said manual suppression.

I don't know how this site works, but any structured database would take only one line from the DBA for that. It shouldn't be needed to delete it manually.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Foxy lady posted:

To Alice and Nevri,

This is one of the main reasons that I want my account deleted. I know this is a forum and as such it is hard to control since commenters will always be hiding under the disguise of OPINION. But a lot of people also missed the mark that along this freedom, responsibility must be equated as well. Without responsibility, we are as "savage" as we can be.

Just like, it is an instinctive behavior to eat when we are hungry. However, we can't just get the food of anybody else just because we are hungry. Dogs will probably do that. But humans won't, i.e., generally speaking.

So, I will take "curiosity" as an analogy. But first, I will reverse the situation. Let us say, Nevri and Alice wanted their accounts to be deleted. I was so much curious because it is the "trend". Well, as humanity evolved into civilization, "manners" was passed on to posterity. So, even though, how much this curiosity drives me within, I have to restrain myself. It is none of my business even this is a forum. Reading from this thread, there is only one request aside from mine, so barely can it make as a trend. However,the names, Alice and Nevri, may have triggered my curiosity as well. Not so much of the trend, if ever there is. :)

If you find me trying to be smart-ass and conceited just because of my upbringing and style of writing, I will let you be. Wise men only seek what is within their control. Obviously, it is beyond any man to control any man's thoughts. :)

Have a nice day, Alice and Nevri.

No offense but this just comes across as a wordy handwave dismissal of the entire inquiry. If you don't want to explain then nobody's forcing you to. Just own up to that and come out and say it. You're coming across as pretty pompous this way.

To this:

Let us say, Nevri and Alice wanted their accounts to be deleted.

If I wanted my account deleted (which I wouldn't, if there was any chance of that I wouldn't have made one to begin with or I would simply stop using the site) and someone was curious why that was then I'd actually give them an answer even if that was to come right out and say it's for personal reasons I'd rather not get into.

Also on this:

If you find me trying to be smart-ass and conceited just because of my upbringing and style of writing, I will let you be. Wise men only seek what is within their control. Obviously, it is beyond any man to control any man's thoughts. :)

Only a fool thinks themselves wise.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 5:34PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

No.... :( I was wondering why the pages on the WDTFS discussion forum felt shortened as I refreshed...

I love your posts...

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:14PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Foxy lady

No.... :( I was wondering why the pages on the WDTFS discussion forum felt shortened as I refreshed...

I love your posts...

It means so much coming from you mpgpeg.You know that I have the highest respect for you and Orange.

Nezchan, the "delete" button now works... Thank you...

I know it's your personal business and all, but it completely baffles me. Could you explain, in one sentence, why you're deleting your account and all your posts?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Foxy lady

Omn has informed me that it'll only take about 10 minutes to delete all your posts, so he'll do that and then remove your account, as per your request.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

It means so much coming from you mpgpeg.You know that I have the highest respect for you and Orange.

I was actually planning on going back and rereading all your posts once WDTFS ends...

I'm going to truly miss you, Foxy. :(

It was fun. :)

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 8:03PM

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Stumble upon this thread....
Foxy, your comments made me roll my eyes sometimes, but every once in awhile, you made me think...hard. Thanks for contributing your unique perspective. I will miss you.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Nezchan, I also would like my account to be deleted. Thank you.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

jpeg brought me here lol

So Foxy lady you are staying then?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nezchan, I also would like my account to be deleted. Thank you.

After this ordeal I'd just like to double-check - are you one hundred percent sure about that before I pass your request along?

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

After this ordeal I'd just like to double-check - are you one hundred percent sure about that before I pass your request along?

Yes. 100% sure

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes. 100% sure

Sad to see you go (I may not know you at all, yet I do sincerely mean it). I'll pass along your request. Would you like your posts removed as well?

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Sad to see you go (I may not know you at all, yet I do sincerely mean it). I'll pass along your request. Would you like your posts removed as well?

I already removed some. other posts...I don't really care. They can stay or get cleaned. Up to you. Thank you.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 2:55AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

I thought it would be as easy as Erubira's case. Really what a turn of event, jpeg.

Yay!!!! Glad you're staying, Foxy lady. :D

I'll be happy reading your posts, as always.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

jpeg, would you like to discuss wdtfs in here?

Haha, it has become a Game of Thrones forum. Haven't watched the show, so it's like in another language for me.

I'd gladly discuss WDTFS say here, if that's allowed. What do you think Sungji has decided? Do you think she will ever put herself first? It seems from her statement that she has decided for Sumin's sake, not her own.

To reply you must either login or sign up.