Forum › She Gets Girls Every Day. discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well it's cute Kasumi is just looking for friends. Lol i pity the poor souls who will get friend zoned by her eventually

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

LET THE GIRL HAVE FRIENDS...or a girl friend, whatever comes first

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I think subtext is a ok description. While the other girls are falling for her, as far as I can tell, all she is doing so far is looking for a friend and is a clueless natural flirt. Funny, Ive seen this type before, just cannot recall from where.

All I can think of is a certain gigolette.

As for this story, I'm of the mind that it crossed the line from subtext to text. The main character simply suffers from a lack of reading comprehension.

oh god are you referencing Yuricam - Yurika no Campus Life ? because if you are, well nothing I guess lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kasumi kinda reminds me of Ushiwaka from InuNeko, save that her permanent flirting is unequivocally unintentional (whereas even Nezu can't tell with the latter...).

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

"Conquest 3: The yuri queen appears."

I'm Listening.

"Conquest 5: In the empty nurse's office."

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

All I can think of is a certain gigolette.

All she needs now is some self awareness and some posing practice.

I assume the posing practice isn't going to be easy, she'll probably need some lilies and bishoujo sparkling glitter in the background.

But her natural ladykiller sense makes her intention felt pure and it's quite charming in her own way. Making her aware of things would make her a common player.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

tfw you're too handsome and wanna make friends but everyone around you is a lesbian

Muttley_laughing_by_sektor8bit-d7fv6sh
joined Apr 2, 2017

So.... when is the rest of the chapters coming? From what it looks like, it is in a single volume.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So.... when is the rest of the chapters coming? From what it looks like, it is in a single volume.

When the scanlators are ready to release them, and not a moment before.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

The cuteness of the title alone is enough to keep drawing me back to this one. I'm hoping for Kyouko to foolishly teach her how handsome she is, and then bear terrified witness to the birth of an unstoppable player, the foretold yuri queen. But I will also settle for a volume of cute subtext 4koma gags.

Ran-chwan
joined Sep 8, 2014

Chapter two tomorrow.
If you are interested, we have a status page on our site you can check. It won't have exact dates though.
https://panpa.ca/?page_id=85

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

When the scanlators are ready to release them, and not a moment before.

Are you sure?

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Chapter two tomorrow.
If you are interested, we have a status page on our site you can check. It won't have exact dates though.
https://panpa.ca/?page_id=85

Well at least someone is nice here :)

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Confuuuused xDDD

joined Aug 6, 2015

Gone from unrequited line to a triangle. Gunna be a full Dodecahedron before all is said and done.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"I accidentally an entire harem"

Also may i point out that the name of this series just might be the best thing ever?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Love me some accidental yuri harems

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

hey, hey her name's "Iku" later she'll say "Iku, Iku" hehehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Thinking about it, a lot of tomboy characters are played that way in yuri. The latest chapter of Comprehensive Tovarisch is an example. This series is one of the few in which the oblivious main character's femininity is the source of her "girl magnet" powers.

I'm a sucker for sexy tomboys but the prince trope can get a little tired. But I do like how the writing subverts the normal body type for princes and pushes hard for Kasumi's femininity to be read as that of a handsome prince - even if I would much prefer a yuri queen who is above the petty concerns of princes and princesses.

last edited at Apr 21, 2017 9:38PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I really like this manga. Hoping for romance, but I can live with the current state of affairs.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Yeah I just bet she will "iku" la---

hey, hey her name's "Iku" later she'll say "Iku, Iku" hehehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...shit.

joined Jun 30, 2015

So a dense harem character that I don't hate.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Good old subtext.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/she_gets_girls_everyday_ch02#18

Which makes me wonder about today's use of the term "subtext".
To borrow from wiki: "Subtext or undertone is any content of a creative work which is not announced explicitly by the characters or author, but is implicit or becomes something understood by the observer of the work as the production unfolds. Subtext can also refer to the thoughts and motives of the characters which are only covered in an aside. Subtext can also be used to imply controversial subjects without specifically alienating people from the fiction, often through use of metaphor."

...*looks at title of story* ... Uhm... I think, this is actually text. Nothing between the lines, even if she didn't finish the sentence properly, between Iku's possessiveness of Kyouko and her dokidoki-reaction to Kasumi, it's pretty much out there.

joined Jul 26, 2016

But I do like how the writing subverts the normal body type for princes and pushes hard for Kasumi's femininity to be read as that of a handsome prince - even if I would much prefer a yuri queen who is above the petty concerns of princes and princesses.

TBF it's clearly more about how she acts rather than appearances. The girl pretty much does the full course of "chivalrous & considerate charming gentleman" 24/7 after all...

To reply you must either login or sign up.