Forum › Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood discussion

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

For anyone who isn't familiar with New York. It's expensive as hell, not everyone is that accepting, the air is choke-hazard af, the food is bomb af (you'll be fat in no time), a lot of skaters, diverse afx2, we got towns specifically for different races (chinatown, japantown, spanish or spain town, greek town, jewish town, africa town etc).

But don't get it twisted, it shouldn't be looked as an ultimate euphoria place, but be considerate of its bad side too. Great state though, crazy, never sleeps... like ever, delicious foods/delis, and alot of creative people. CHOW!

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

huh. That's so positive. Of course there are going to be places like that in America. Just a little jarring to think they seemed to only find positive experiences. Not sure if that's how they actually meant for it to come off but it doesn't seem like it would have been hard to include a negative story. Either way, enlightening as always.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

drhelsing needs to shut his fucking mouth...

I second that.

And you both have no idea what is it like on the real world. It's a jackal eats jackal world outhere and I beleive that those two should settle on adopting a cat, they're as nosy as children and they are WAY less dramatic

Yeah, sure, we have no idea about what its like in the "real world", so I guess that means we have to blindly accept your unsupported argument because you're some hyper-experienced all-knowing badass who has all the answers and can see the future and is totally not some troll living in its mothers basement whinging about how it hates the idea of children being adopted into a loving family merely because the parents are of the same sex and trying to justify its opinion's as "not homophobic" via the use of nonsensical arguments involving school bullying and celebrities.

Sure.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 10:52PM by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, sure, we have no idea about what its like in the "real world", so I guess that means we have to blindly accept your unsupported argument because you're some hyper-experienced all-knowing badass who has all the answers and can see the future and is totally not some troll living in its mothers basement whinging about how it hates the idea of children being adopted into a loving family merely because the parents are of the same sex and trying to justify its opinion's as "not homophobic" via the use of nonsensical arguments involving school bullying and celebrities.

Sure.

Did I fucking stutter? It's been two days since I said "everyone involved" should walk away, so what the hell are you doing poking things and trying to keep the argument going?

Take it to another site if you're so desperate. At least drhelsing actually seems to have paid attention so far.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 10:52PM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Sure.

Did I fucking stutter? It's been two days since I said "everyone involved" should walk away, so what the hell are you doing poking things and trying to keep the argument going?

Take it to another site if you're so desperate. At least drhelsing actually seems to have paid attention so far.

Sorry Nez, didn't see your post, wouldn't have posted otherwise.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

@Nezchan what happened here?!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Anyways, on topic, so they finally found a donar?

Good for them, I guess? Human beings are weird and selfish so I guess when hormones kicks in they can easily put aside their sexuality to see their generation lives on.

Natural instinct and hormones over sexuality! Yay?

joined May 24, 2014

Why do they still think that keeping the sperm donor around is a good idea?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

this is really REALLY dumb, keeping the sperm donor around causes all sorts of complications and why does it matter where their genes came from?
Genes dont mean shit when it comes to family
GoTG2 spoilers but this scene is relevant https://youtu.be/TfXf1T4qVOQ

joined May 24, 2014

this is really REALLY dumb, keeping the sperm donor around causes all sorts of complications and why does it matter where their genes came from?

He ain't your daddy, boy!

Oh yondu,

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

hurray for this manga and congrats to the mothers-to-be!

so this question is for those that may have more direct knowledge. has society and the laws in Japan changed enough that a noticeable number of lesbians and gays are now having children? i'm also curious how the children are entered into the family registry (which appears to be addressed in a later chapter)? finally, has any new LGBT legislation (other than city ordinances) percolated to the national level addressing marriage equality?

Japanese societal mores move about as fast as molasses in winter.

Not to mention, Abe himself hates the idea.

If we're starting THAT list, it's gonna be a long list.

The history is I lived in a very conservative prefecture, but in a part of it that was social-democrat. And Abe (really Abe's faction) is much worse than the LDP of my era were. He's a sign Japan is more polarized than it was.

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 11:52AM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Minor thing the biological clock myth is a myth
https://youtu.be/g9ryP0UyO5U

joined Apr 23, 2015

Doesn't seem all that incomprehensible that they might want that information and possibly a relationship with this person in case someone who hasn't even been born yet might want it. My mom never knew her father and wondered about him. On the other hand, some fellow went on a rant about how he was an orphan and never once cared who brought him into the world. Different people want different things and just because these things can be complicated does no guarantee that they will be.

Makes me sad to see them fighting. Even if you don't agree with their original position, having someone agree to something and watching them throw it out the window cause they are getting stressed is probably pretty jarring.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 4:01PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I like Guardians 2 and that was a good scene. But it was motivated and impactful because Ego turned out to be a terrible father and (non-)person. In this story, the donor seems like a nice and upstanding person, and everyone agrees to the terms of the arrangement. There' s no motivation to cut the donor out of the loop. Turns out science-fiction movies about space Jesus don't always apply to real life.

Besides, disallowing contact with the donor isn't guaranteed to make things simpler. If the donor wants contact and the parents disallow it you just end up saddled with a different set of complications. Same goes for if the child turns out to be very concerned with their biological heritage at some point in their life.

As Wlfking said, different people will expect different things when donating sperm like this, and the child will eventually inquire about and respond to the circumstances of their birth in their own way. Nothing is guaranteed.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 10:11AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I have two moms, and my sister and I were both born via different donors.

Her donor had it done so my sister could track him down if she wanted to, and when she got out of college, she met up with him. Long story short, she loves him and sees him as a 3rd parent, and he feels the same but doesn't overstep his boundaries. I feel that's evidence enough that having the donor in the kid's life is not necessarily bad. The donor insisting on seeing the child from an early age I'm not sure about. Seems like a very volatile situation especially if all parties are married, although the few times a year idea might work.

As for me, my donor chose to remain completely anonymous and I cannot find out who he is unless he changes his mind and contacts the cryogenics lab. It's not THAT big of a deal to me, but I would like to know what kind of person he is and what he looks like.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 9:31AM

joined May 24, 2014

Enjoy your future parenthood lawsuit!

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

There is a documentary about them on youtube. They are surprisingly cute xD and I say surprisingly because the non moe art does no favor to how these girls actually look irl

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

Hurrah, I'm glad they finally got a donor to come through.
Wish people would stop bashing them for wanting to find a donor though. It's their right and desires and what's done is done, there's no need to mock their decisions or anything.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Glad Kou-kun got to reconsider, and I'm not at all surprised he broke up with Michael. Good for him! :p

joined May 24, 2014

There is a documentary about them on youtube. They are surprisingly cute xD and I say surprisingly because the non moe art does no favor to how these girls actually look irl

I'm waiting for the documentary that records their struggle to keep their baby when the donor sues them for full custody XD

joined Apr 23, 2015

Glad Kou-kun got to reconsider, and I'm not at all surprised he broke up with Michael. Good for him! :p

kinda sucks if the break up is actually related to this topic. They didn't out right say it. Man. I just want everyone to be happy.
i-it's Christmas!
I now want the "ending" to this so bad! I know these are real people. Will have to hope my google-fu is up to the challenge.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I'm waiting for the documentary that records their struggle to keep their baby when the donor sues them for full custody XD

Japanesw people do not act american. So you will probably have to make a fanfic about it

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

WHoa you're right, Higashi Koyuki used to be a takarazuka stage actress too! Now I feel bad for not looking into her earlier given how famous she is, since she was also the one who did the Tokyo Disney wedding and is also an activist against abuse to boot. At only 32, so amazing....

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 4:53AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Dude, why soil something good with such negativity? I mean, I know things in Mexico are kinda bummed out, here in Colombia we're the same. But why wanting something actually positive to be ruined? Why the cynicism? World is already shit as it is, no need for wanting everything to go south

joined May 24, 2014

Dude, why soil something good with such negativity? I mean, I know things in Mexico are kinda bummed out, here in Colombia we're the same. But why wanting something actually positive to be ruined? Why the cynicism? World is already shit as it is, no need for wanting everything to go south

Because, realistically IT IS a parenthood lawsuit waiting to happen. And at the end they will have NO ONE but themselves to blame for coming up with such a dumbass idea.

To reply you must either login or sign up.